12 replies to this topic

#1 Mai

Mai
  • 6 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:32 PM

Hi,

Has anyone been able to meet with any doctors in the Edmonton office yet? Or who has Dr Ahn?

So far I've only spoken with Dr Dunne and the staff on the phone, who have all been very nice. I know it's still in the early stages but would love to hear feedback on experiences so far with this office! :)

#2 TTC_Hope

TTC_Hope
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:08 PM

Hello,

I have just been referred there to their Edmonton clinic.  I cannot speak of the doctors yet but I have called and left 3 messages, plus an e-mail an nobody has returned my call yet.  The woman who answers the main line is very polite, but I cannot say that I am overly impressed with their response times.  Good Luck!

#3 Dec16

Dec16
  • 8 posts
  • My Clinic:PCRM- Edmonton

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:49 AM

Hello. We were referred to and had our first appt at PCRM in Edmonton last week with the Doctor.  We really thought our path would be IUI but the Dr said we needed to go straight to IVF. I was pretty heartbroken, and my husband devastated.  They are doing some more testing on him, but looks like we need to start saving our money for this process. Planning to maybe do the first one in March.  Would be great to talk to others using this clinic. Its quite new, so makes me a little nervous. 

#4 csbd

csbd
  • 38 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:PCRM Edmonton

Posted 06 November 2016 - 02:52 AM

We have met Dr. Seethram for our initial consult and Dr. Ahn did my SHG. I find they are very quick to get back to you on scheduling appointments or if you have questions about your results. I have only done the preliminary tests (ultrasound, SHG, HSG, and blood work).

One day after I had my HSG, Dr. Ahn called me to tell me my results which I really appreciated. When I was with my old family doctor, he didn't even bother to call me to tell me my hormones suggested I may have PCOS!

During the SHG, she was good at describing what was happening and explaining what was on the screen (in my case, fibroids). I've been happy so far with PCRM. They are new in Edmonton but have been around for awhile in B.C.

#5 TTCfinally

TTCfinally
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Vasectomy

Posted 07 November 2016 - 04:37 PM

Referral went in earlier September and had initial consult early Oct. with Dr. Hemming's. Weeks after consult had to get a rubella shot as I wasn't immune according to blood work. So waiting the four to six weeks on that but trying to find out if there's any more testing or things I can do in the meantime to keep things moving. Still have no idea whats next. Thought I'd get more answers after the Hycosy but no such luck so waiting for the next meeting I could book to discuss next steps... Hoping to learn patience in the next few weeks before the appointment so after the IUI finally does happen maybe the 2WW won't be so bad....

#6 charaW

charaW
  • 17 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:PCRM Edmoton

Posted 16 November 2016 - 04:12 AM

Hey everyone ,

My husband and I have been going to PCRM Edmonton since September with DR.Smithson. This is our first IVF with PGD as we carry a genetic disorder that was found after the birth of our Daughter in October 2015.The clinic has been amazing with understanding our situation and doing all our blood work reports over the phone because we live an hour and a half away. We hope to start the process in December . 

Dec16- I know where you are coming from about saving money. My husband has been laid off for 6 months and we didn't know what to do to save money because we had no extra to save and no bank would look at us for a loan . So I started a gofundme and we did a fundraiser and collected enough for the genetic testing cost which is $7000.Its amazing how many people supported us so far .

I hope to start a blog on here with all the PCRM Edmonton IVF DEC2016 when we get the go ahead. I will find out more on Tuesday at our next appointment. Good luck everyone  Emoticons09710.gif

Me-31 32 DH-25

April 28 2015 -th_abfp.gif with HPT

August 12- Found out its a Girl babygirl.gif

August 26- Found out I have incompetent cervix and I needed to have an emergency cerclage

August 29- We got married

September 11- I got admitted into the royal Alexandra hospital on bed rest

September 25- U/S found out cervix is only measuring .8 cm

October 16- went in to labor at 29 weeks

October 19- had a placenta abruption and emergency C-section

October 19- our little girl passed away after 2 hours 8388.gif

June 8 2016-found out that our daughter had a genetic syndrome (fraser syndrome)

August 25- Found out we are both carriers of the syndrome

September 15- referred to PCRM fertility clinic for IVF and PGD

November 15- hope to start the IVF process in December

Jan 31- started BCP for 27 days

March 1-

#7 Dec16

Dec16
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:12 PM

Glad to hear people are happy wih the clinic.  We are still waiting on husbands testing to be done, but should have some details by the 9th.  

CharaW-We are also dealing with Dr Smithson! I'm so glad you guys have had support, sorry to hear about your daughter.  Did you have genetic testing done at PCRM?  I'm curious to have this done if we are doing IVF anyway, I'd like to ensure everything is ok first.

#8 charaW

charaW
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:37 AM

Hey Dec16,

Because our genetic syndrome is so rare we had to get it done in the states. The cost for that was 6500 but we just stay positive and think in the end it will all be worth it. We go on January 6th and I'm hoping they are going to give me a start date because I'm done waiting . How did your appointment on the 9th go ?

Me-31 32 DH-25

August 26- Found out I have incompetent cervix and I needed to have an emergency cerclage

June 8 2016-found out that our daughter had a genetic syndrome (fraser syndrome)

March 1-

#9 Dec16

Dec16
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:38 PM

Chara - they didn't end up having our results in time before the holidays - so we have an appointment next week to see if there's any explanation for the male factor and then (likely) make the plan for IVF in the next few months.  Hope you appointment was promising today!

#10 charaW

charaW
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:14 AM

We still didn't get dates so now we need to wait until the 19th .I'm so done waiting. We saw Dr. Chow today about the male factor but he didn't say much because we are doing PGD so all we need is enough sperm for each egg.

Me-31 32 DH-25

March 1-

#11 GardeniaD

GardeniaD
  • Global 100+
  • 397 posts
  • My Clinic:IVF1 Edm RFC; FET2/3 PCRM; FET4 Edm PCRM

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:53 PM

Hello Mai, I have been with PCRM Burnaby for a few years and had success treating adhesions and a successful FET with dd with Dr Havelock.

Now I am with PCRM Edmonton and probably the first or one of the very first patients. I have been meeting with and checked by, mainly, Dr. Hemings. Yet, a couple of times seen by other 2 young drs. At the end, the one who did my transfer this January is Dr. Ahn. I had great comfortable experience all around. I had a BFP and waiting for my u/s.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Good luck.  

Me: 39 | DH: 39 | DD 3yr from FET3

TTC: 2008

DH - MFI only in morphology in 2011 it was 1% (they look for anything above 4%). 

Me - healthy except for irregular AF / on thyroid medication. 

For full signature details see my profile.

FET4

Jan 19, 2017: transfered our last 2 frosties 4AA and 4AB 

Jan 24: 5dp5dt BFP on HPT, darker next 2 days then lighter before beta.

Jan 28: 9dp5dt 1st beta 347 / 11dp5dt 2nd beta 898

March 1: external u/s showed baby measuring on track 8w4d hb 172 bpm.  

#12 babyalice

babyalice
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:28 AM

Hello Mai, I have been with PCRM Burnaby for a few years and had success treating adhesions and a successful FET with dd with Dr Havelock.

Now I am with PCRM Edmonton and probably the first or one of the very first patients. I have been meeting with and checked by, mainly, Dr. Hemings. Yet, a couple of times seen by other 2 young drs. At the end, the one who did my transfer this January is Dr. Ahn. I had great comfortable experience all around. I had a BFP and waiting for my u/s.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Good luck.  

Hi GardeniaD,

Do you mind if I ask how many times IUF have you done?

I went to  PCRM Edmonton after two fail on ALX hospital on Jan. 

However, t Dr. Anne provided the same ideas as Alx hospital did, suggest I take donated egg which my husband refuses. 

I am planning to go back to PCRM again which I am taking Chinese medicine. 

It is so stressed and frustrated. 

#13 GardeniaD

GardeniaD
  • Global 100+
  • 397 posts
  • My Clinic:IVF1 Edm RFC; FET2/3 PCRM; FET4 Edm PCRM

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:33 AM

Hello babyalice,
I only did IVF once and it was years ago with Alex clinic. I have been doing FETs with that patch since then. Once at Alex ended in miscarriage and horrible exoerience after with a dr there. D&C and adhesions... Then transfered embryos to burnaby and got treated and did successful fet. Then one more unsuccessful fet there. Finally transfered embryos again to pcrm edmonton and this successful fet.

I can't really talk about their experience in cases lime yours simply because I don't know. Sorry. But you do your research and maybe ask to see dr Hemings as a second opinion. Not sure. Best wishes.

Me: 39 | DH: 39 | DD 3yr from FET3

TTC: 2008

DH - MFI only in morphology in 2011 it was 1% (they look for anything above 4%). 

Me - healthy except for irregular AF / on thyroid medication. 

For full signature details see my profile.

FET4

Jan 19, 2017: transfered our last 2 frosties 4AA and 4AB 

Jan 24: 5dp5dt BFP on HPT, darker next 2 days then lighter before beta.

Jan 28: 9dp5dt 1st beta 347 / 11dp5dt 2nd beta 898

March 1: external u/s showed baby measuring on track 8w4d hb 172 bpm.