#1 TTC_Hope

TTC_Hope
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:45 PM

Hello,

My husband and I have been TTC for over 2 years.  We just found out that my husbands last 2 SA have been bad - but his doctor told him "his sperm is a 2/4 and average".  The OB/GYN was unable to go into much detail regarding the test and we have not yet been to a clinic.  Can somebody please help me interpret these results - I would be very grateful for input on what you think and what options may work for us.  All of my tests have come back okay. (2 rounds of full bloodwork, day 21 progesterone, regular periods, confirmed ovulation, HSG, internal/external US)  I am slightly overweight and working on it but that is the only thing that is hindering my ability to conceive as far as I know.

Time Collected: 8:30

Time Received: 8:50

Volume .07 (low)

pH: 8.5

Appearance: Cloudy, viscous fluid

Sperm Count: .3 (low)

Motility: 30 (low)

Motility Activity: 1 (low)

Sperm Morphology: Smear referred to pathologist, report will follow if indicated (we have received no other report)

Notes: Rare spermatoza seen.

This sounds scary, but maybe somebody else can help and let me know we can have our own child one day!

Thank You

#2 nervus optimist

nervus optimist
  • Super Moderator
  • 2,501 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:newlife

Posted 29 September 2016 - 10:22 PM

Did the form say the units of measurement? For example sperm count 0.3, is likely 0.3 million/mL or 0.3 million total. There are lots of treatment options for couples who have male infertility. There are some ways to boost sperm count, and increase egg production and in some cases that is enough to get them to match up, sometimes IUI can be helpful as it gets more of the sperm into the uterus to help them find the eggs. Some couples need IVF, and others need IVF and ICSI. Many couples will start with interventions that are least invasive/expensive and then work their way up.

Sorry you're in this boat. Infertility can be scary but you are not alone.

:flowers:

I am 37, DH - 38
Genetic - IVF&PGD to prevent Genetic Disorder
IVF #1 - Nov/08 - MC @ 6 weeks, no embryos frozen
IVF #2 - Aug/09 - bfn
IUI #1 - Feb/10 - ectopic
PRIDE - Apr/10
Homestudy - July/10
Given the gift of donor embryos - Jan/12
Donor FET Jun/12 - 9 weeks - no heartbeat... MC
Donor FET Oct/12 - we're PG biggrin.png

===> Beautiful baby boy born 2013 babyboy.gif