No replies to this topic

#1 foxymama

foxymama
  • 33 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Not sure

Posted 29 September 2016 - 11:41 AM

Hello!

I posted this on the RE conversation but wanted to get your opinion as well!

I have ordered donor eggs and will be transferring at the end of October (hopefully). Our donor tested positive as a carrier for MTHFR C677T. I spoke to my clinic prior to picking her and they didn't seem concerned that she had the mutation.

The donor egg coordinator at my clinic said I would have to take extra folic acid prior to the transfer, but when I talked to her yesterday she said to make sure I was taking my "normal folic" (Kirkland prenatal) and seemed confused when I asked about taking extra.

I am wondering if I should be taking extra folic, or folate, or trying to get in with my RE to ask her? (We live about 4 hours from the clinic, so I'm not sure we would be able to.) I don't want to be second guessing them, but I want to do the best I can for this to be a healthy and successful pregnancy. Sometimes I feel like they don't focus on the individuals, and I know there are complications when it comes to the donor vs. the carrier (intended parent).

Thank you!

A short history of why I have one partially-working-lonely-remaining-ovary in About Me.

32 YO with DOR.  Moving on to DE IVF fall 2016!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DE, Donor Egg, MTHFR