492 replies to this topic

#51 Nicholexs4

Nicholexs4
  • Just Hatched
  • 9 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Dallas IVF

Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:39 PM

So am I. North Dallas area. 😆 And yes I completely freak every time I see a mosquito. Doesn't help that we live next to the lake so the mosquitos are inevitable.

#52 Chickadee

Chickadee
  • 48 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:52 PM

OMG Victoria I'm kinda freaked out about Zika. Mosquitos love me for some reason, and my clinic told me not to use bug spray. I've already been bitten a few times. Argh! Well I'm in California and there are only travel related cases. Don't have much at all to worry about but still in the back of my head...
  • sparklefish likes this

#53 Victoria826

Victoria826
  • Guests
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Texas

Posted 11 August 2016 - 08:02 PM

Nichole I am about an hour and a half from houston. We have a creek that runs behind our house so yea, the mosquitos are bad.

Chickadee, mosquitos love me as well. And the spots I get bit swell up. My clinic said mosquito repellent is fine. I just try not to go outside much unless absolutely necessary.

#54 StarSapphire

StarSapphire
  • Global 100+
  • 179 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:42 AM

Geeze, now I'm going to be worrying about you all and Zika! The mosquitoes haven't been very bad here in Alberta this year, we had a really dry spring. Some parts of Canada they may be worse, but our climate isn't great for them. 

Have any of you seen any good movies or read a good book lately? I'm trying to distract myself as much as I can although I fail at it a lot of the time. I just finished listening to Felicia Day's memoir (yep, I'm a geek) and it was pretty good. Husband and I have been watching Vikings over the last month or so. I like it, although minor spoilers, it had some kiiiind of infertility related stuff I would've had a hard time watching if I wasn't pg right now for the first time. Same thing with Downton Abbey.

p.s. I changed our thread to just April due dates because there was some confusion I guess and people prefer single month threads? We'll let someone else come along and create May later!

Me: 33 Husband: 43

TTC since November 2011

8 cycles of Clomid, one Femara

3 IUIs (also Clomid)

IVF #1 - November 2015

60 follicles, 19 eggs retrieved/14 mature/11 fertilized

Freeze all to avoid OHSS

FET #1 Jan/Feb 2016 - thawed 6, transferred 1 day 5 blast, 3 day 6-7 blasts frozen - BFN

FET #2 July 2016 - thawed last 5, transferred two early day 5 blasts, 2 day 6 blasts frozen - BFP

19/08/16 - u/s with heartbeat! :D

My IF blog: Cake It So

#55 Chickadee

Chickadee
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:30 PM

First sonogram scheduled for Tuesday the 16th! Did you guys have yours yet? I have to have 1 per week for 3 weeks.

I've been pretty bad about distracting myself with anything other than pregnancy stuff, pretty much been googling everything. I'm supposed to be studying for my real estate exam but I'm procrastinating. I'm not actually going to be a realtor but I wanted to gain the knowledge. Now I've become a googling fool! I'm not really a TV person but if someone has a good book to recommend I could get into that.
  • sparklefish likes this

#56 Victoria826

Victoria826
  • Guests
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:19 PM

Hey Chickadee. My first ultrasound is Monday the 15th! So excited but nervous at the same time. I Google a lot as well. I could be driving down the road and something comes to mind and as soon as I'm home I'm googling.
  • sparklefish likes this

#57 StarSapphire

StarSapphire
  • Global 100+
  • 179 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:55 PM

Oooh, Victoria and Chickadee both with ultrasounds coming up so soon now! I'm excited for you both! Mine isn't until the 19th, exactly one agonizingly long week from now. I'll have to live vicariously through you till then!

Chickadee, I could think about a book rec for you if you let me know what kind of books you like to read. :D

• sparklefish likes this

TTC since November 2011

3 IUIs (also Clomid)

IVF #1 - November 2015

Freeze all to avoid OHSS

FET #1 Jan/Feb 2016 - thawed 6, transferred 1 day 5 blast, 3 day 6-7 blasts frozen - BFN

FET #2 July 2016 - thawed last 5, transferred two early day 5 blasts, 2 day 6 blasts frozen - BFP

#58 autumnmarie

autumnmarie
  • 1000+
  • 2,483 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:15 PM

Hi all! I'd like to join this group with an edd of April 19. Betas came in at 571 on Wednesday and 1015 on Friday.
  • mouse, AnnaMarie, ilovemydogs and 3 others like this

Me: 33, DH, 35

TTC - 2012

2014: MMC

2015: the year of pills, shots, IUIs and an ectopic

2016: BFP, EDD 4/19/2017

#59 StarSapphire

StarSapphire
  • Global 100+
  • 179 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:27 PM

Hi Autumnmarie, welcome and congratulations! Those are great beta numbers. :D How are you feeling? It's such an exciting time, we're all a bit giddy here (and anxious, haha). 

• sparklefish likes this

TTC since November 2011

3 IUIs (also Clomid)

IVF #1 - November 2015

Freeze all to avoid OHSS

#60 autumnmarie

autumnmarie
  • 1000+
  • 2,483 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 09:43 AM

Thanks Star!
I'm still really shocked I think, I'm counting down till the u/s at the end of the month.
  • mouse likes this

TTC - 2012

#61 Victoria826

Victoria826
  • Guests
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 08:52 PM

So ladies, my ultrasound is tomorrow. To be completely honest, I think it will be bad news. Over the weekend my abdominal pains have gotten so much worse. Its hard to stay positive. This was our fourth round and last round so if it didn't work, then that's it for us. It will be hysterectomy time for me. But its ok. We have prepared ourselves for this. Wish me luck!

#62 autumnmarie

autumnmarie
  • 1000+
  • 2,483 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:53 AM

Victoria - I am hoping for the best for you, good luck and keep us posted.

TTC - 2012

#63 StarSapphire

StarSapphire
  • Global 100+
  • 179 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:15 AM

Victoria, just want you to know my thoughts are with you today and I am still hoping for the best outcome. Good luck!

TTC since November 2011

3 IUIs (also Clomid)

IVF #1 - November 2015

Freeze all to avoid OHSS

#64 Victoria826

Victoria826
  • Guests
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:05 PM

Well, God is absolutely amazing! Just got out of my doctors appointment. I was so nervous and already sad and prepared for the worst, and there it was, on the screen, 2 little beans. One is measuring right at 6 weeks and the other at 6 weeks 3 days. I'm in so much shock right now. Thank you for the well wishes! Best of luck to all of yall!!
  • AnnaMarie, Hope15, sparklefish and 2 others like this

#65 StarSapphire

StarSapphire
  • Global 100+
  • 179 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:17 PM

TWO BEANS! I'm so happy for you, Victoria, and so relieved that the cramping must have just been your uterus growing those beebs. This is so exciting! Thanks for posting asap, I've been low key fretting to hear back from you all day, haha.

TTC since November 2011

3 IUIs (also Clomid)

IVF #1 - November 2015

Freeze all to avoid OHSS

#66 Victoria826

Victoria826
  • Guests
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:23 PM

I still have the cramping but they keep assuring me it's normal. I sure hope so.

#67 StarSapphire

StarSapphire
  • Global 100+
  • 179 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:38 PM

Everything I've read says that it is, I guess all we can do is hang in there! The nurse called me with my third (well, fifth) beta today and it's 14,729 which she said is great and I don't need to do any more bloodwork for a little while. I'm trying not to freak out about every little twinge and cramp. I'm still getting spotting, too. Like you I think I'll feel a lot better when we have that ultrasound on Friday.

• sparklefish likes this

TTC since November 2011

3 IUIs (also Clomid)

IVF #1 - November 2015

Freeze all to avoid OHSS

#68 Victoria826

Victoria826
  • Guests
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:48 PM

That sounds like a really good beta. Well, my fingers are crossed and thoughts are with you for friday!! Keep us updated. And from what I read , as long as that beta keeps going up, your good!!

#69 HopeIsHere

HopeIsHere
  • 11 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Tennessee

Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:22 PM

Hi Ladies, just catching up on his eveyone is doing and excited to heard about great betas and your ultersound Victoria with twins!!!! Wonderful wonderful news!!!

I may seemed to have disappeared for a bit on here but I will have you all in my thoughts and prayers as everyone's ultersounds fast approachs😊.

I seemed to have developed a large blood clot in my left leg and have been hospitalized till it gets under control😳. Very unexpected given I was I fragmin a blood thinner.

Sending warm happy baby thoughts to you all till I get back on my feet and can actively post more ❤️❤️❤️

#70 Victoria826

Victoria826
  • Guests
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:15 PM

Oh no Hope. That is one thing that I been nervous about. I been reading how the estrogen and progesterone we are on raises the risk for blood clots and here you tell us your in that situation. I really hope your getting better and will be out of the hospital soon. Prayers for you! Take care of yourself!!

#71 Nicholexs4

Nicholexs4
  • Just Hatched
  • 9 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Dallas IVF

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:24 AM

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Reading through and catching up and love seeing all the good news..Victoria I am so excited for you! My ultrasound is tomorrow, I only implanted 1 but my husband keeps dreaming we are having twins..lol

And Hope, praying for you! Prayers they get that blood clot taken care of asap.

#72 StarSapphire

StarSapphire
  • Global 100+
  • 179 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:12 PM

Oh gosh, Hope, how awful to hear! I hope you'll be doing better very soon and don't have to stay in the hospital too long. We'll look forward to when you're able to join us again. 

Nichole, let us know how your ultrasound goes! I think Chickadee has hers today? I'm looking forward to all kinds of great u/s news this week. 

As for me, scared the heck out of myself again last night when I started having cramping and bright red blood, more than the spotting had been before. It seems to have slowed/stopped this morning and I just keep reminding myself that the beta was good and that lots of IVF pregnancies have this. Still, it's so scary to see the blood, ugh.

TTC since November 2011

3 IUIs (also Clomid)

IVF #1 - November 2015

Freeze all to avoid OHSS

#73 pdc_yyc

pdc_yyc
  • 30 posts
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:30 PM

Hi ladies,

I'm moving over this this thread from the July cycle buddies. One of the gals from that group also started a March/April Due Date Buddies thread - I'm wondering if maybe we should collapse the two?

Anyways, this was our 5th cycle overall, but only our 2nd fresh cycle. Transferred two 5AA blasts on July 17th and had betas on July 29, 31, Aug 2, 4, 11 with the last one being just over 18,000. EDD April 4, 2017.

We have unexplained infertility and have been married 10 years, trying for 6. Each of my cycles I tend to get pregnant but it never lasted beyond 4 weeks so I'm super excited as I will be 7 weeks tomorrow and our first ultrasound is at 8am tomorrow morning! I'M TERRIFIED! I fear I won't hear a heartbeat although I've had zero negative symptoms or spotting. I do really feel like this is the one for us but at the same time, I will probably be freaking out for every next test. We haven't even celebrated yet because it all seems to be a dream, I'm hoping the ultrasound will be good news and will solidify a new reality for us that we have been so desperately trying to achieve.

I'm not sure about you guys, but the only symptoms I've had are extreme fatigue (I have to take a 2 hour nap in the afternoon daily), and sore boobs. Otherwise, nothing.

Did any of you do anything different this round? We actually did PGS for the first time and it was totally worth it. At our clinic, if you PGS all your embryo, you cannot do a fresh transfer because of the lab turnaround times. So we requested to do a fresh transfer with the two best embryo (without PGS) and PGS'd the rest (7). Of the 7, 4 came back abnormal!!!!! So now we only have 3 frozen embies. Of the two fresh ones transferred, I'm certain that only one took, but we will find out tomorrow. When you do PGS, they had to do assisted hatching - which was a first for us. So the embies they transferred were already hatching out of their membrane and I really think that made a huge difference in implantation for me - along with the steroids they make you take so your body doesn't reject the embies. I don't know why they don't do assisted hatching on everyone's embryo as the research shows it improves implantation significantly! I also took a lot of vitamin D.

Anyways.....hope we can all keep moving forward together, sticky, positive vibes to all!

#74 StarSapphire

StarSapphire
  • Global 100+
  • 179 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 04:35 PM

Hi pdc_yyc, welcome and congratulations! We're also local clinic buddies, you had your transfer just two days before me at RFP. :) I know there was some thread duplication but there seemed to be concerns from the other ladies about leaving behind their March buddies and so they seemed to want their own thread? Anyway, everybody is totally welcome to join us and I'm glad you have! 

Did you have to ask RFP to do all those betas? They did two for me - one July 31st and then another on August 2nd. Last week on the 9th I started having some spotting and I freaked out and called the clinic. They ordered another beta but didn't seem interested in it. It was my family doctor who insisted to follow up with another two betas. RFP never even called me with the results of that beta, but fortunately my GP's clinic did! I've had fatigue, sore boobs, some cramping, nausea, (especially since week 6 started) and of course the hated spotting. It stresses me out so much, even though my betas are rising like they should be. It's just so scary.

We didn't do anything different except transfer two embryos instead of one at our last FET, mostly because these two weren't *quite* as far along as the ones back in February had been. One was just starting to expand and one was a very early blast. They had to do assisted hatching on all of our embryos because they'd been frozen on day 1, so for us that was the same as before. I did pre/post transfer acupuncture (but I did that at the last FET too). I really don't know. I'd also been working out a lot (before the transfer) and I don't know if that helped physically but it sure did mentally! I really miss it now that I'm tip-toeing around afraid to lift anything heavier than a pillow, haha.

I hope your ultrasound goes really well tomorrow, let us know!!

TTC since November 2011

3 IUIs (also Clomid)

IVF #1 - November 2015

Freeze all to avoid OHSS

#75 Cdngal

Cdngal
  • 15 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:10 AM

Hi. I'm 34 and husband is 42 and we did ivf for the first time in July. We had 7 eggs retrieved but by day 3 only 1 embryo made it. Regardless that miracle us now growing inside me. I'm trying not to get too excited yet until I'm a bit further along. Had first ultrasound on Monday and things were looking good. My question for you is due date and dating of pregnancy. My family dr says I'm in the sixth week while the ivf clinic in week 7. Also I see that everyone is excited for their first ultrasound (good luck to you all), do mischarages decline after every week and ultrasound? I thought you were out of the woods at week 12
  • sparklefish likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: due date buddies, April 2017, pregnancy