#26 Victoria826

Victoria826
  • Guests
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Texas

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:38 PM

Hey Hope. I got my last estrogen and progesterone checked at my first beta on monday. Not really sure what they should be at. My progesterone is 29. And estradiol is 722. And my rear is so bruises from those injections. Running out of places to get them.
Does anybody have any tips for the initial stick of the progesterone injection ? It almost brings me to tears especially if it's near a bruise.
  • Nicholexs4 likes this

#27 Nicholexs4

Nicholexs4
  • Just Hatched
  • 9 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Dallas IVF

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:41 PM

Hey Hope. I got my last estrogen and progesterone checked at my first beta on monday. Not really sure what they should be at. My progesterone is 29. And estradiol is 722. And my rear is so bruises from those injections. Running out of places to get them.
Does anybody have any tips for the initial stick of the progesterone injection ? It almost brings me to tears especially if it's near a bruise.

I asked the nurse what my hormone levels were after my 2nd beta(just assuming that was why they were taking 2 vials of blood) but they told me they won't be checking my levels until after my u/s. You would think they would monitor that at each appt?

#28 Nicholexs4

Nicholexs4
  • Just Hatched
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:43 PM

Oh, and about the shots. Are you alternating sides? Goofy question I'm sure. I have been alternating sides and "lubricating" the needle and it seems to have helped a bit.

#29 Victoria826

Victoria826
  • Guests
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:51 PM

I alternate sides every evening. The right side has some how become more sore than the left. I ice it before I do the injection, but sometimes I think I ice too much and may be getting a little frost bite. Haha. I hate complaining because it's definitely worth it. But it just hurts.
  • Nicholexs4 likes this

#30 HopeIsHere

HopeIsHere
  • 11 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Tennessee

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:43 AM

I alternate sides too! My left seems to be worst then my right at the moment. Plus I am taking fragmin( heparin) needles in my sides once a day. I have huge bruises all over my sides😁.

#31 StarSapphire

StarSapphire
  • Global 100+
  • 179 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:00 PM

Victoria, great news about your beta! 

Nichole, I added your due date but if your doctor tells you differently just let me know and I will change it. :) 

I wish I had anything to offer regarding progesterone shots, but my clinic isn't doing those with me, I'm doing progesterone suppositories instead. I take 200 mg (2x pills) six times per day, and 8 mg total of oral Estrace, plus two Estradot patches that get changed every three days. I'm sorry you're all suffering the pain of injections and insurance difficulties. :( 

• FlamingoGirl likes this

Me: 33 Husband: 43

TTC since November 2011

8 cycles of Clomid, one Femara

3 IUIs (also Clomid)

IVF #1 - November 2015

60 follicles, 19 eggs retrieved/14 mature/11 fertilized

Freeze all to avoid OHSS

FET #1 Jan/Feb 2016 - thawed 6, transferred 1 day 5 blast, 3 day 6-7 blasts frozen - BFN

FET #2 July 2016 - thawed last 5, transferred two early day 5 blasts, 2 day 6 blasts frozen - BFP

19/08/16 - u/s with heartbeat! :D

My IF blog: Cake It So

#32 HopeIsHere

HopeIsHere
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 07:27 AM

StarSapphire what brand and strength of progesterone suppositories are you taking? With the Estrace are they 4mg pills twice a day? My estrogen level was a little low so they are upping my pills to 4 2mg pills a day..8mg. I was just curious. And my p4 levels are good but just wondering about the suppositories.

#33 StarSapphire

StarSapphire
  • Global 100+
  • 179 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 08:55 AM

Hope, the progesterone I'm taking is Prometrium, each pill is 100 mg and so I have to insert six a day, two in the morning, two afternoon, and two evening. There was another brand available that came with an applicator (like a tampon, I think) but my insurance doesn't consider the Prometrium to be "fertility medication" so they pay for them mostly! It's a little bit messier but worth hundreds of dollars to me, hehe. 

As for estrogen, they're little 2 mg pills and I take two of them (4 mg) twice a day for a total of 8 mg, like you. Those ones are Estrace, teeny blue pills. Plus the estrogen patches - my lining was slow to thicken at the start of the cycle so we tried adding in the patches to see if that would help.

TTC since November 2011

3 IUIs (also Clomid)

IVF #1 - November 2015

Freeze all to avoid OHSS

FET #1 Jan/Feb 2016 - thawed 6, transferred 1 day 5 blast, 3 day 6-7 blasts frozen - BFN

FET #2 July 2016 - thawed last 5, transferred two early day 5 blasts, 2 day 6 blasts frozen - BFP

#34 StarSapphire

StarSapphire
  • Global 100+
  • 179 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 07:32 PM

How are all of you feeling? This wait for the ultrasound is killing me. We have a first appointment with our family doctor tomorrow though, so at least that's something!

• sparklefish and Nicholexs4 like this

TTC since November 2011

3 IUIs (also Clomid)

IVF #1 - November 2015

Freeze all to avoid OHSS

#35 Nicholexs4

Nicholexs4
  • Just Hatched
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 08:08 PM

Hey Star and everyone.😊 I don't know about ya'll but the wait for the ultrasound is killing me..lol Other than the suspense I seem to be feeling pretty good. I've noticed I have bouts of nausea but thankfully I can manage it with a peppermint or a sucker.

#36 Victoria826

Victoria826
  • Guests
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 10:53 AM

Hey all. I just feel super sleepy. My body feels worn out. I could sleep all day. But I'm a little worried. I started cramping last night and now this morning as well. It's pretty bad. My ultrasound is Monday, still 6 days away. I wish it was sooner just so we can see what all is going on.
:(
  • sparklefish likes this

#37 HopeIsHere

HopeIsHere
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:50 AM

I have had cramping since after transfer and still have it. It seems to have gotten a little worst need the end the 5 week and into the 6th.

We had our first ultrasound today at 6 weeks 1 day. I must say I was very excited and very very nervous. Wanted today to come so badly but so scared too. I'm a positive person by nature but after 10 years of trying to have a family it's been a long road.

We had a the most wonderful lady doing the ultrasound and she was so kind and understanding on how I was feeling.

She did a few things and then turned on a second screen so my husband and I could see..... And praise God there were two little babies all snuggled in!!! I held it together until I saw that and then I burst into tears for quite a bit. Can't put into words what I felt. Just such a sense of joy and emotional relief to see heartbeats. Both babies are measuring exactly 6 weeks 1 day which is what we are today and heartbeats of 118 and 120!! So thankful ❤️❤️
  • sparklefish and FlamingoGirl like this

#38 Victoria826

Victoria826
  • Guests
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:42 PM

Congratulations Hope!! So happy for you! :). I'm slowly losing faith and kind of not wanting my first ultrasound because my cramps keep getting worse. It's really hard to stay positive with all of that going on. :(
But so happy you saw your babies! Hope you have a smooth pregnancy.

#39 StarSapphire

StarSapphire
  • Global 100+
  • 179 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 03:24 PM

Nichole, I'm glad you're feeling pretty well! biggrin.png

Ah Hope, congratulations! That's so wonderful. I'm really happy for your twins! What great news! 

Victoria, I'm kind of with you. I woke up this morning to spotting (I know it's really common in IVF pregnancies and I tried not to freak out but I was freaking out). Ended up calling the clinic because it seemed to be getting heavier but it's tapered off now. They sent me for another HCG test and I won't get the results until tomorrow. I've had a bit of cramping, too. Please know that I'm thinking of you and hoping for the best and that your cramping is just your uterus adjusting and not anything bad. Hang in there!

TTC since November 2011

3 IUIs (also Clomid)

IVF #1 - November 2015

Freeze all to avoid OHSS

#40 HopeIsHere

HopeIsHere
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 04:27 PM

I was getting nervous too with the cramping but I had it with my son with our last FET and if I hadnt had experienced that I would have been really nervous. But it was bad cramping for quite a while with our son and he is now almost 4! I have been having really bad cramping again and it got worst closer to week 6. But after today's ultrasound all is well. So keeping very hopeful for you too! I was reading three days ago that the uterus is twice the size it started out as by week 7. So maybe that's why we are getting all that cramping.

Staying hopeful for everyone as you get your good news ultrasounds in the next week or do too and soon we all be cross that bridge and rejoyi g together about that 💓💓💓

#41 Chickadee

Chickadee
  • 48 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:45 PM

Hope to join this lovely group! I've had a successful FET and 2 betas so far (169 and 648 at 72 hours later). My 3rd beta is tomorrow (48 hours after 2nd beta) then will schedule ultrasound.

According to a due date calculator, I'm due April 12, 2017. We'll see if the doc adjusts.

Seems like we can all relate to being cautiously excited until the ultrasound. Hopefully I can relax and just enjoy my pregnancy after that!

I'm also doing progesterone shots and am running out of space! My bum is so lumpy bumpy bruised and sore! But just like this whole process up to now, it will all be worth it in the end!

Excited to hear everyone's updates.
  • StarSapphire likes this

#42 StarSapphire

StarSapphire
  • Global 100+
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 10:03 AM

Hope, that's actually really helpful to hear, thank you. It helps me so much to hear from moms who have been through this and know what's been normal. FWIW another friend of mine who had IVF twins in February said she cramped a lot too and also had spotting like what I had yesterday and that helped me a lot to know. I'm excited for us all to make it past the ultrasound stage and beyond! <3 

Hi Chickadee, and welcome! I like your nickname, that's so cute. I added you to the list as due April 12th, but if it changes when you've seen your doctor let me know and I'll adjust it! We're all fairly anxious here right now, so you're definitely in good company. Those are great beta numbers! 

AFM still no word from the clinic today about my beta results but the spotting has completely stopped. I feel a bit silly because of how I freaked out yesterday but it was like my brain just saw the bleeding (and that it was getting heavier/pink) and I thought that's it, it was all over. I sobbed on my husband's shoulder. This process is so stressful, I always thought if I could get pregnant I'd have reached "the goal" but I understand now that the stress was just beginning! Hopefully I'll feel better after the ultrasound and I'm thinking of you ladies, too!

**Edit: My family doctor's clinic called me! My beta was 5197 yesterday which she said is "great!" They still want me to go for more bloodwork on Thursday and Saturday to make sure it's still going up, but it looks like I freaked out yesterday over nothing. I am so relieved!!

TTC since November 2011

3 IUIs (also Clomid)

IVF #1 - November 2015

Freeze all to avoid OHSS

#43 FlamingoGirl

FlamingoGirl
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 10 August 2016 - 12:16 PM

Hi everyone!  Massive congratulations to all the ladies with their BFPs!!

This is my first ever posting and I am delighted to say I too got my th_abfp.gif  today!! So excited.  I transferred 2 great quality blastocysts on 29th July and I used an online calculator to check, and I think I am due 16th April (assuming it's just one - but could be twins? Oh heck!).

My clinic doesn't do beta testing th_agrr.gif

I'll need to wait till my first scan with them which they do at about 6 weeks so I'll be a nervous wreck till then!

Flamingo Girl xx

• Nicholexs4 likes this

#44 StarSapphire

StarSapphire
  • Global 100+
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 02:15 PM

Hi Flamingo Girl and welcome aboard! Congratulations to you, I'm so glad you're here to join our "flock." ;) I added you to the first post with the due date of April 16th but if you find out differently from your doctor just let me know and I'll change it! 

I'm sorry your clinic doesn't do beta testing, that's got to be nerve wracking. :( Hang in there and hopefully your scan will be here soon!

TTC since November 2011

3 IUIs (also Clomid)

IVF #1 - November 2015

Freeze all to avoid OHSS

#45 Victoria826

Victoria826
  • Guests
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 11:56 PM

Hi Flamingo Girl and Chickadee. Congratulations on your BFP!!! Such an exciting time but kind of nerve racking at the same time. I am so afraid to do anything because I'm scared I will do something wrong and my embie will just fall out or something. Haha. My husband tries to tell me to be calm but its easier said than done.

Cramps have gotten better but still there. Doesn't help with the stress. First ultrasound is Monday. This upcoming weekend is going to be loooooong.  Never wished for a Monday to come so bad.

Hey Star, looks like that beta keep looking good! Great great news! I went ahead and called my doctor about my cramps. They told me don't worry unless I start bleeding. But these cramps can sometimes bring me to my knees.

I don't know where everybody is from, but anybody worried about the Zika virus with being pregnant??

#46 StarSapphire

StarSapphire
  • Global 100+
  • 179 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:23 PM

Thanks Victoria, I hope you can find a fun way to spend the weekend that maybe could take your mind off things? You're SO close, you've got this! 

I'm in Canada and we don't have Zika here yet but it freaks me out! I wouldn't travel to any place that had it right now. Have there been cases in Texas? I thought I heard that Florida had some. :T I hope you're okay there!

TTC since November 2011

3 IUIs (also Clomid)

IVF #1 - November 2015

Freeze all to avoid OHSS

#47 Victoria826

Victoria826
  • Guests
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:53 PM

Texas has cases but they said it's all travel related. Florida has mosquitos actually spreading it. Every time I go outside, I practically bathe in mosquito spray. Do yall have mosquitos real bad in Canada?
  • Nicholexs4 likes this

#48 Nicholexs4

Nicholexs4
  • Just Hatched
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:19 PM

Victoria are you in Texas?

#49 Victoria826

Victoria826
  • Guests
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:26 PM

Victoria are you in Texas?

#50 Victoria826

Victoria826
  • Guests
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:27 PM

Yes maam. I sure am.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: due date buddies, April 2017, pregnancy