• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fma

fma
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:44 AM

Hi my name is Marie. Me and my hubby are trying to have a baby. We have adoption as an option but I wanted to try out other means first.

So I came across this CoQ10 pills which many claim to help with conception.

Here in Ontario there is this pharma firm selling Liquid CoQ10, checked their website (http://www.belmarrah...uid-gold-coq10/)

I have placed an order for a months supply but I would like to know your opinion please. Thanks

#2 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,065 posts
  • Interests:running, cooking, gardening, travelling
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:09 PM

We are in the process of getting ready for IVF. Because of my DOR the doctor has me taking 100mg of ubiquinol three times a day. Co Q10 has two forms, ubiquinone and ubiquinol. Ubiquinol is more readily absorbed by the body. It also is the more expensive one. The role of CoQ10 in infertility treatment is not completely clear, but it may have some efext on the quality of eggs. I would suggest you see a reproductive endocrinologist (RE) and get a diagnosis. There are so many things that could be going on and trying to self medicate may not be the quickest nor efficient way to get to your end goal.

We get our ubiquinol at Costco and 100 pills is about $35 dollars. It seems the one you got is overpriced as ubiquinone is much less expensive.

See profile for my IF history.

#3 idream

idream
  • Global 100+
  • 249 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:51 PM

If i were you I wouldn't put all my hopes into a supplement.  You should get a referral to an RE and get testing done, if you haven't already.

CoQ10 may help egg quality but maybe that isn't the issue. Maybe it is sperm quality or your uterus or non-ovulation or one of the other 100 things it could be.     

These pills may or may not help you and your won't know if they could be helpful under you speak with a doctor who specializes in fertility.

• mouse and ilovemydogs like this

Tough Times Never Last, but Tough People Do

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coq10, supplement