• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 snootypup

snootypup
  • 68 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program Calgary

Posted 29 July 2016 - 03:24 PM

Is anyone signed up as part of the founding 100 in Calgary?

• ebbrodie likes this

#2 ebbrodie

ebbrodie
  • 14 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 16 November 2016 - 04:04 PM

Let's see if any of those participating can find this...

INVOcell INVO Bioscience Effortless IVF Jason Broome Canada IVF Infertility

#3 krillersmom

krillersmom
  • 15 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility

Posted 21 November 2016 - 05:54 PM

Hi, I am a founding 100 patient! 

• ebbrodie likes this

One son born in 2012, conceived after one month of trying. 

Decided to try for number two and have learned the struggles of secondary infertility. 

Diagnosed with unexplained infertility. 

All tests for us both have come back normal.

Three rounds of clomid TI.

7 rounds of letrozole and TI. 

Three unsuccessful IUI's with letrozole and trigger. 

Now we wait. sad.png

Hopefully we'll be able to attempt our first (and hopefully only) IVF cycle soon. 

#4 Kat22

Kat22
  • 35 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Clinic- Calgary

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:34 AM

Hi there! 

I'm not part of the founding 100 (I just found out about the clinic today).  BUT I was hoping that maybe I could find more information about INVO cell on here:)  I wanted to find people who have maybe been previous patients at RFP and are now looking at Effortless.  Also hoping to get the realistic costs on Effortless IVF.  krillersmom, when is your IVF scheduled?  I'd love to hear your journey and updates:) 

• ebbrodie likes this

#5 krillersmom

krillersmom
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:48 PM

Hi there! 

I'm not part of the founding 100 (I just found out about the clinic today).  BUT I was hoping that maybe I could find more information about INVO cell on here:)  I wanted to find people who have maybe been previous patients at RFP and are now looking at Effortless.  Also hoping to get the realistic costs on Effortless IVF.  krillersmom, when is your IVF scheduled?  I'd love to hear your journey and updates:) 

Hi Kat,

Unfortunately the clinic is taking a bit longer to open than they originally thought, but I actually just got an email today that orientations will start in late February and cycles will start in March! I paid $4000 as a founding 100, as someone coming in after that point you would pay $6500. This cost includes all appointments, ultrasounds, medications, retrieval and at least your first transfer (subsequent transfers would be extra but I'm not sure how much). Freezing of extra embryos is $750 and Frozen Embryo Transfers will be approx $1500. Obviously this is all subject to change, but so far this is what I've been told. If you want more info, go onto their site and do a live chat or send them an email, they are very responsive and always up for answering questions. This clinic is the only reason I'm going to be able to do IVF, I couldn't afford it otherwise. If you have any other questions just let me know, I'll check back here more often than I normally do :)

• ebbrodie and annatarz79 like this

Decided to try for number two and have learned the struggles of secondary infertility. 

Now we wait. sad.png

Hopefully we'll be able to attempt our first (and hopefully only) IVF cycle soon. 

#6 Red Wine

Red Wine
  • Cyclebase
  • 2,624 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:10 PM

Bump....
Anyone try this in calgary?
Any success?

See about me page.

#7 ebbrodie

ebbrodie
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:32 PM

Bump....
Anyone try this in calgary?
Any success?

http://calgary.ctvne...ments-1.3384845

#8 Red Wine

Red Wine
  • Cyclebase
  • 2,624 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:03 PM

I saw that article so that's why asked.

See about me page.

#9 SunnyV

SunnyV
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:43 PM

I am part of the founding 100.  I could be wrong but I think they are just doing preliminary testing at the moment.

During the waiting, I've wondered more about the standard drug protocol and whether the one size fits all approach is something that will work well for us.  

#10 Red Wine

Red Wine
  • Cyclebase
  • 2,624 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:16 PM

I used the RFP in Calgary and conceived a son. We did IVF with them and got five blasts and did four transfers and the last transfer we got our son. We don't have any frozen embryos at the clinic and would possibly investigate this option but I'm not sure. I'm content going to RFP too. However, I just wanted to see what others had to say about this.

See about me page.

#11 krillersmom

krillersmom
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:15 PM

They haven't been accredited by the college of surgeons and physicians yet. So they've been doing testing and getting people ready, but as of right now they are not starting INVOcell IVF treatments. I believe they are very close to opening their doors! However, they are not for everyone. If you have PCOS or severe male factor, you likely won't be candidates. Because they have a "one size fits all" approach to meds and pretty well no monitoring (this is where you save the money), if you are at risk of overstimulating its too dangerous for them to take you on, understandably. The staff are awesome and really easy to work with, if you have any questions about the program just ask them, they are very responsive! 

Now we wait. sad.png

#12 dulmi

dulmi
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • My Clinic:Calgary

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:58 PM

Hi, 

Is there has gone with IUI in Calgary RFP.  This is my 4th round. 1st and 2nd cycle with 2.5 mg Letrozole, 3rd one with 5 mg Letrozole. I am waiting for 4 th one with 5 mg Letrozole. I want to know whether they are using injectables. If this time not work for me, i will move to IVF. It is very hard to bear the stress after negative results with IUI. This time I am trying to use acupuncture too. If some one in Calgary with success or ongoing please reply.

#13 Bre

Bre
  • Global 100+
  • 204 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Ottawa

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:56 AM

Hey ladies! Anyone try this yet? Or hear success stories? 

Thanks!

#14 krillersmom

krillersmom
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:54 PM

Hi, 

Is there has gone with IUI in Calgary RFP.  This is my 4th round. 1st and 2nd cycle with 2.5 mg Letrozole, 3rd one with 5 mg Letrozole. I am waiting for 4 th one with 5 mg Letrozole. I want to know whether they are using injectables. If this time not work for me, i will move to IVF. It is very hard to bear the stress after negative results with IUI. This time I am trying to use acupuncture too. If some one in Calgary with success or ongoing please reply.

Hi Dulmi, 

I did 3 IUI's at RFP with 5mg letrozole, all were unsuccessful. Effortless IVF does injectible meds for their IVF cycles. They are very easy to deal with, I suggest if you have questions you give them a call! Good luck

Now we wait. sad.png

#15 krillersmom

krillersmom
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:55 PM

Hey ladies! Anyone try this yet? Or hear success stories? 

Thanks!

Hi Bre,

They haven't received their accreditation yet and therefore have not been able to start any cycles. They  have about 160 patients signed up right now so hopefully they'll cycle people through pretty fast once they are accredited and some success stories will be posted soon!

• Bre likes this

Now we wait. sad.png

#16 Bre

Bre
  • Global 100+
  • 204 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Ottawa

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:28 PM

Thank you Krillersmom! smile.png

• krillersmom likes this