• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sheol

sheol
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Kaiser Permanente Silicon Valley

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:23 PM

Good day to you and thank you for reading my post.

I had my transfer yesterday at day 3. We had 6 embryos total from 9 eggs (1 was immature). We did ICSI. I'm 37 years old (just by a couple of weeks, though). Of our 6 embryos, 2 of them were excellent 8-cell grade I, 1 was 7-cell grade II, and the remaining 3 were a bit advanced at 9-cell grade I, 9-cell grade II, and 10-cell grade II.

What does it mean when embryos are overdeveloped at day 3?

We transferred the 2 8-cell and the 1 7-cell per my doctor's advice. My clinic is going to wait to see if the rest (the overdeveloped ones) make it to blast for freezing. What do you think the chances are that these embryos may freeze and eventually make it to successful pregnancy in a FET?

Edited by sheol, 22 January 2008 - 08:49 PM.

#2 Peter

Peter

Embryologist

• 1000+
  • 3,061 posts
  • Interests:Stem cells, cord blood and infertility
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:The Bridge Clinic, Lagos, Nigeria

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:43 AM

Good day to you and thank you for reading my post.

I had my transfer yesterday at day 3. We had 6 embryos total from 9 eggs (1 was immature). We did ICSI. I'm 37 years old (just by a couple of weeks, though). Of our 6 embryos, 2 of them were excellent 8-cell grade I, 1 was 7-cell grade II, and the remaining 3 were a bit advanced at 9-cell grade I, 9-cell grade II, and 10-cell grade II.

What does it mean when embryos are overdeveloped at day 3?

I don't agree with this idea as I believe that each embryo is as individual as each person and I thnk 9-10 cell on day 3 if perfectly OK.

We transferred the 2 8-cell and the 1 7-cell per my doctor's advice. My clinic is going to wait to see if the rest (the overdeveloped ones) make it to blast for freezing. What do you think the chances are that these embryos may freeze and eventually make it to successful pregnancy in a FET?

Most of the clinics who are good at blastocyst culture get 50-60% of embryos to the stage where they are suitable to freeze.

Good luck!

Peter

www.thebridgeclinic.com
www.wmin.ac.uk
www.smartcells.com