• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 MorMac

MorMac
  • 55 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Montreal fertility clinic

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:48 AM

I've decided to write here as its a waiting lounge.....I just had an amnio done this morning at the Jewish general hospital in Montreal...I am a freaking mess right now. I am worried sick I just can't cope with anything....has anyone been in this downward spiral that can share any insight??!???

#2 amp77

amp77
  • 1000+
  • 2746 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 07 July 2016 - 07:57 AM

Hi mormac, I'm sorry that you are dealing with a stressful situation. :( I assume they thought there was a risk and recommended amnio? We did the harmony test instead of the nps + amnio but I didn't worry to much. I hope that you get the results soon and there is nothing to worry about. You think the stress ends after the bfp but it really doesn't. *hug*

Age 40, DH 44 in Oct.

TTC on and off since 2007 before our second IVF, in 2014, brought us our beautiful son and our first FET brought us our second son in 2017.  Our family is complete!

IVF #1 - April 2014 - BFN - no frosties

IVF #2 - July 2014 - BFP - 5B-AB and 4 frosties (5B-BB, 2x4B-BB and 3B-BB)

Apr. 13, 2015 - Daniel Erik was born at 5:05 am, weight 8 lbs, 13 oz, and 22" long.  He is perfect in every way.

FET #1 - September 2016 - BFP - 5B-BB and 3 frosties (2x4B-BB and 3B-BB)

June 18, 2017 - Matthew William was born at 2:46 am, weight 8 lbs, 11 oz and 21" long.  He is perfect in every way too!

#3 MorMac

MorMac
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:04 AM

Hi mormac, I'm sorry that you are dealing with a stressful situation. :( I assume they thought there was a risk and recommended amnio? We did the harmony test instead of the nps + amnio but I didn't worry to much. I hope that you get the results soon and there is nothing to worry about. You think the stress ends after the bfp but it really doesn't. *hug*

Hi!! I guess I hadn't explained myself properly as I am a complete mess. With my cycle I got a BFP and I am pregnant 21 weeks!! 😃 It was during the regular 20week ultrasound that they noticed baby's bowels white which could be a sign of echogenic bowels. To know for sure, if baby has downs I was recommended the amnio. At week 13 I did the blood work at the private clinic for downs and I was on the low scale.. 1:1000000 but bc of the bowels being white (they should be grey in ultrasound) my odds of downs are x6. It's just very overwhelming.....

#4 amp77

amp77
  • 1000+
  • 2746 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:20 AM

I just googled this and every person on the two sites I found, who had this issue, went on to have normal babies. Not everyone followed up on their posts but around 6-8 people did. Hopefully, with your low odds on original screening, everything will be just fine! Q

Age 40, DH 44 in Oct.

TTC on and off since 2007 before our second IVF, in 2014, brought us our beautiful son and our first FET brought us our second son in 2017.  Our family is complete!

Apr. 13, 2015 - Daniel Erik was born at 5:05 am, weight 8 lbs, 13 oz, and 22" long.  He is perfect in every way.

June 18, 2017 - Matthew William was born at 2:46 am, weight 8 lbs, 11 oz and 21" long.  He is perfect in every way too!

#5 happy wishes

happy wishes
  • Global 100+
  • 139 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:43 AM

I haven't dealt with this issue myself but wanted you to know I'm praying for you and your little one. Waiting for test results is excruciatingly hard! Have they given you any indication how long it will take for the results? 

• amp77 likes this

#6 MorMac

MorMac
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:50 AM

I just googled this and every person on the two sites I found, who had this issue, went on to have normal babies. Not everyone followed up on their posts but around 6-8 people did. Hopefully, with your low odds on original screening, everything will be just fine! Q

Thanks Amp77 - I know that's what I tell myself but it's still such a scary situation to be in...we were also recommended to do the blood work for cystic fibrosis both and my DH and went immediately and we'll only know the results in 3 weeks. Im not as worried as the downs....I am pretty positive that the cystic fibrosis is a negative as well as the downs it's just such a nightmare to be in!!! How are you? What stage are you in???

#7 amp77

amp77
  • 1000+
  • 2746 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:14 AM

Thanks Amp77 - I know that's what I tell myself but it's still such a scary situation to be in...we were also recommended to do the blood work for cystic fibrosis both and my DH and went immediately and we'll only know the results in 3 weeks. Im not as worried as the downs....I am pretty positive that the cystic fibrosis is a negative as well as the downs it's just such a nightmare to be in!!! How are you? What stage are you in???

I am well. My son will be 15 months next week and on the 18th we sign consents for a FET to try for another.

Age 40, DH 44 in Oct.

#8 MorMac

MorMac
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:18 AM

@amp77 - I am so happy to hear you're well and will be doing an FET soon enough! It's very exciting!!! I wish you the best and will keep my fingers crossed for you that all goes well!!!!
  • amp77 likes this

#9 MorMac

MorMac
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:24 AM

I haven't dealt with this issue myself but wanted you to know I'm praying for you and your little one. Waiting for test results is excruciatingly hard! Have they given you any indication how long it will take for the results? 

Hi Happy Wishes! Thank you for your positive thoughts, I need them and am grateful for them!! I tell myself she's fine bc I believe I'd feel if something was wrong...but you just never know!! We should know our results from the amnio test within 5 business days and as for the cystic fibrosis blood work we'll only know in the next 3 weeks. Time just feels still, you know.... the daytime isn't as bad as nighttime. Daytime I watch TV take it easy as I've been told to just relax for the next upcoming days but nighttime, is horrible, my thoughts take over and I am not able to sleep.....I keep telling myself before I know it'll all be over....I am keeping my fingers crossed as well as everything else, keeping my faith in God....I just need to keep positive. I tell myself we've been already through soo much that we will overcome this!!! How are you? Where are you at in your cycle???

#10 amp77

amp77
  • 1000+
  • 2746 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:49 AM

Thanks you :) I know it is really hard to not let your thoughts run away from you. I always just focused on my little guy, knowing I did everything I could, no matter what and that there are things out of my control that I can't do anything about and try to just push those thoughts away and think of keeping my little one safe inside. I also talked to him and just found comfort in finally being pregnant. Sending you strength and hope your results come faster than expected and with the best outcome!

Age 40, DH 44 in Oct.

#11 MorMac

MorMac
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:52 AM

Thank you soo much Amp77 it means a lot!!*hugs*

#12 Brokenhearted

Brokenhearted
  • Global 100+
  • 497 posts
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 07 July 2016 - 11:14 AM

Mormac - I wasn't in the same position as you, but did have something similar happen in my first pregnancy.  During the anatomy scan, they found that my little one had a choroid plexus cyst (on her brain), which itself isn't uncommon, but it was 4 times the normal size and was therefore considered a marker for Downs.  Since I hadn't done the triple marker blood test (for genetic abnormalities), they said it was our decision to do the amnio.  We chose not to, just for the same reason we chose not to do the triple marker blood test.  We weren't going to terminate regardless.  I spent the next 13 weeks (she was born at 33w5d) not knowing if my first child was going to have Downs.  It was the first question I asked when she was born, and she was OKAY.  100%.  Even considering she was almost 7 weeks early.  Try to relax.  You'll know your answers soon enough.

#13 MorMac

MorMac
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 12:16 PM

@brokenhearted, I am sorry to hear that you had to go through that as well...I am happy to hear that you had a "happy" positive outcome from your situation. I am praying and hoping for the same! I tell myself that she's fine, I feel her kicks and I get so grateful! I'm just really worried I despise the waiting game, but, this is the choice we made and now through this choice comes the consequences of the waiting game 😃 I will keep positive thinking!! I need to keep positive thinking!!!!

#14 happy wishes

happy wishes
  • Global 100+
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 06:37 PM

Hi Happy Wishes! Thank you for your positive thoughts, I need them and am grateful for them!! I tell myself she's fine bc I believe I'd feel if something was wrong...but you just never know!! We should know our results from the amnio test within 5 business days and as for the cystic fibrosis blood work we'll only know in the next 3 weeks. Time just feels still, you know.... the daytime isn't as bad as nighttime. Daytime I watch TV take it easy as I've been told to just relax for the next upcoming days but nighttime, is horrible, my thoughts take over and I am not able to sleep.....I keep telling myself before I know it'll all be over....I am keeping my fingers crossed as well as everything else, keeping my faith in God....I just need to keep positive. I tell myself we've been already through soo much that we will overcome this!!! How are you? Where are you at in your cycle???

I will be keeping you guys in prayer. I can't imagine having to wait like that. Hopefully the time will go as quick as it can! I'm doing my 2nd fresh cycle. We did one three years ago and were very fortunate to have a son, then did three FET's , one was a mc then two negative cycles and we thought we'd try again even though the odds are against us. We got some more news this spring for an already crappy diagnosis but we're trying to stay hopeful as this is it. I'm expecting the egg retrieval will be Sunday and we'll go from there :) 

• amp77 likes this

#15 MorMac

MorMac
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:58 AM

I will be keeping you guys in prayer. I can't imagine having to wait like that. Hopefully the time will go as quick as it can! I'm doing my 2nd fresh cycle. We did one three years ago and were very fortunate to have a son, then did three FET's , one was a mc then two negative cycles and we thought we'd try again even though the odds are against us. We got some more news this spring for an already crappy diagnosis but we're trying to stay hopeful as this is it. I'm expecting the egg retrieval will be Sunday and we'll go from there :) 

I am sorry to hear that it's been tough, truthfully I find that with IVF it's never easy!! We put our faith in the science and pray it works. My first cycle we conceived our precious baby boy...then we did an FET and I was convinced it worked but no it hadn't....after taking time off, we did a fresh cycle and thankfully it worked. Now we're pregnant with our little princess....we've done all the right steps and we're in this horrible situation!!! I know things get tough and very scary....we are desperate to have our precious family just the way we've imagined it!!! God bless, our strong wills!! I will keep positive for you as well and pray it goes smoothly on Sunday!! It HAS to right??! Try to keep calm and if you need to chat during your 2ww I'll be there for you....we are both in a limbo of waiting the least we can do is keep our minds busy!!! (I say the least bc I know how difficult it could be!)

On a positive note for myself, on Friday afternoon my doctor called with our first set of blood work (TORCH) and that came out NEGATIVE!! First check mark of NEGATIVE completed many more to come :)
  • happy wishes and amp77 like this

#16 happy wishes

happy wishes
  • Global 100+
  • 139 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:40 PM

I'm so happy to read your post!! What a relief and I'm sure there will be many more good results to come news wise for you! 

Thank you for your kind words! I'll keep you updated too :)

• MorMac likes this

#17 MorMac

MorMac
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:15 PM

I'm so happy to read your post!! What a relief and I'm sure there will be many more good results to come news wise for you!

Thank you for your kind words! I'll keep you updated too :)

Thank you!! Best of luck in your upcoming journey! I wish you nothing but a healthy baby!!
I'll keep you posted on my outcome!
I appreciate your support - thank you!!

#18 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 09 July 2016 - 09:26 PM

At our 20 week US, they found clubfoot, a small stomach, and some sort of dark spot in the abdomen. We were told it could be nothing, or that it could be a trisomy not tested for in the nipts that was unsurvivable. We were terrified. Landed up back at the Drs two days later in tears. He reassured us a bit and recommended we NOT do the amnio. We spent the next 20 weeks on pins and needles (plus he had extra hart beats during subsequent checkups). But he was born and was totally ok, other than clubfoot.

I know jacmac here was given a high chance of downs with her bio daughter as well, but was born utterly normal with zero issues too.

Good luck! Hoping to hear good news soon.

See about me page.

#19 MorMac

MorMac
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 08:13 AM

At our 20 week US, they found clubfoot, a small stomach, and some sort of dark spot in the abdomen. We were told it could be nothing, or that it could be a trisomy not tested for in the nipts that was unsurvivable. We were terrified. Landed up back at the Drs two days later in tears. He reassured us a bit and recommended we NOT do the amnio. We spent the next 20 weeks on pins and needles (plus he had extra hart beats during subsequent checkups). But he was born and was totally ok, other than clubfoot.

I know jacmac here was given a high chance of downs with her bio daughter as well, but was born utterly normal with zero issues too.

Glad to hear your baby turned out well and healthy. Im keeping positive with mine being that her bowels is the only soft marker. I did go ahead with the amnio we should have results by Tuesday at the latest. Tuesday couldn't come faster!!!
How did you preoccupy your mind for the 20 weeks? I'm having trouble and its a week wait I don't know how you did it...I can barely sleep, I feel off you know... anyway I'll definitely keep you posted. Thank you for sharing your positive experience I really appreciate it!!!

#20 Brokenhearted

Brokenhearted
  • Global 100+
  • 497 posts
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 22 July 2016 - 07:03 PM

Glad to hear your baby turned out well and healthy. Im keeping positive with mine being that her bowels is the only soft marker. I did go ahead with the amnio we should have results by Tuesday at the latest. Tuesday couldn't come faster!!!
How did you preoccupy your mind for the 20 weeks? I'm having trouble and its a week wait I don't know how you did it...I can barely sleep, I feel off you know... anyway I'll definitely keep you posted. Thank you for sharing your positive experience I really appreciate it!!!

Hi Mormac - Thinking of you and your babe.  Hoping your results were positive.  Please update if you can...

• amp77 likes this

#21 amp77

amp77
  • 1000+
  • 2746 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 07:12 PM

I've been thinking about you too!

Age 40, DH 44 in Oct.

#22 MorMac

MorMac
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 08:02 PM

Hi!!! I'm so sorry I haven't gotten back sooner, I've been having trouble logging in to this website!!! Anyway, I did get my amnio results and thankfully everything is A OK!!!! We're soo happy and what a relief!!! On Monday, I have my doctor's appointment and I'll at least get to hear baby's heartbeat...then on Aug 4th I have another ultrasound just to see where baby is at...we are still waiting on the cystic fibrosis blood work but we we're told that takes a while.... anyway thankfully everything is going to plan and baby is looking good!!!! Please keep fingers crossed and prayers for us and that goes the way it needs too!! Thank you sooo much for caring and helping me through this difficult journey that God has put us in...we will make it through with our healthy baby!!!!!!😃
  • amp77 and Brokenhearted like this

#23 amp77

amp77
  • 1000+
  • 2746 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 08:52 PM

So happy to hear

Age 40, DH 44 in Oct.