6 replies to this topic

#1 soonitwillhappen

soonitwillhappen
  • Global 100+
  • 169 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:26 PM

Hi,

I have been really sad and depressed since I had to cancel 2 FETs this year.  I can't sleep, I can't concentrate, and I can't stand going on social media seeing pics or hearing news about pregnancy related.  Like I almost feel like it's time to give up trying.  My lining has NOT been cooperating with me.  And it almost seems like it's getting worse....ranging from 8.3-5.1mm.  I had a bunch of tests done in the last couple months after my first cancelled FET (sonohysteroscopy to hysteroscopy) and during my hysteroscopy I had a D & C biopsy in May of this year and everything came back normal.  And we tried to doing a another FET in June and my lining was at 5.1mm.  I did get pregnant last year with a lining of 8.3mm but ended in a M/C (RE thinks it was a abnormal Chromosome)

When I had a conversation with my RE last week while I was preparing for my lining he suggested we cancel the cycle and try a natural cycle FET.  He wants me to monitor my ovulation using BBT but even that I am having a hard time doing.  I don't even know if I am doing it right....

ladies I need some advise or even a motivation on trying...again.

This journey is tough no matter what stage it's at.....what should I do?!

Thanks for listening!

#2 amazing grace

amazing grace
  • Global 100+
  • 750 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:44 PM

Soon,

I have been with you on a few forums and believe me I know how you feel. I too felt like giving up after I lost my baby girl at 16 weeks pregnant. That broke me emotionally and spiritually and it took me a long time to get back to trying. Since then, a year later, I have had two cancelled cycles due to lining issues which was never a problem before. Just recently I found out that I have scarring from the d/c and have surgery scheduled for July. It is a very difficult process and there are so many unknown events that can happen which literally take your breathe away. I believe that all of us women who are struggling to achieve our goal have a last fight in us and I believe that you do as well. If this is something you truly want then you need to move forward and look at each step you make as progress. I realized that everything that happens, happens for a reason and this belief is what has helped me carry on. I always look at it as one step closer to my ultimate goal. Believe me I know it is not easy but I hope you find the courage to move forward and as hard as it is, try to find your strength in positive things and positive people. With all the negatives that have happened to me in the last five years of trying, I have found positives in all the events. For that I am grateful.

• soonitwillhappen likes this

#3 soonitwillhappen

soonitwillhappen
  • Global 100+
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:57 PM

amazing grace - as I am reading this at my desk my eyes are tearing up.  I do want to have a baby so badly!!!!  When ppl ask me why "aren't you guys having kids" - I respond "not yet" or "if it happens it happens" - with my head up strong.  But meanwhile, I am hurting so bad.  Like sometimes, I feel like ppl ask me cuz they want to hurt me.   And yes you are right everything happens for a reason.   I have a lot of fight left in me it's just that my body is not doing what it should. 

Good luck with your surgery coming up. 

Thank you for that.  I really needed this today!

#4 amp77

amp77
  • 1000+
  • 2746 posts
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:02 PM

I am so sorry soon :(  I am gearing up for a natural FET but instead of basal temp, I am using a Ovulation Predictor Kit.  Can you try that instead?  I have tried temp in the past and I could never see when I ovulated even thought I ovulate and have a regular cycle. 

http://www.clearblue...lation-test.php This is what my clinic has me using for the mock cycle.  If it goes well, then they will monitor with bloodwork for the actual FET.

I wish you all the best and hope that you find answers and find a path that will bring you peace.  *hugs*

• soonitwillhappen likes this

Age 40, DH 44 in Oct.

TTC on and off since 2007 before our second IVF, in 2014, brought us our beautiful son and our first FET brought us our second son in 2017.  Our family is complete!

IVF #1 - April 2014 - BFN - no frosties

IVF #2 - July 2014 - BFP - 5B-AB and 4 frosties (5B-BB, 2x4B-BB and 3B-BB)

Apr. 13, 2015 - Daniel Erik was born at 5:05 am, weight 8 lbs, 13 oz, and 22" long.  He is perfect in every way.

FET #1 - September 2016 - BFP - 5B-BB and 3 frosties (2x4B-BB and 3B-BB)

June 18, 2017 - Matthew William was born at 2:46 am, weight 8 lbs, 11 oz and 21" long.  He is perfect in every way too!

#5 kristeen033

kristeen033
  • Cyclebase
  • 498 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Clinic

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:08 PM

While I never seemed to have lining issues I did not find success until I did a natural cycle. I honestly think that the synthetic hormones even though they gave me a thick enough lining it wasn't ideal because it wasn't natural...now that is just my personal opinion but my first natural FET we put back two blasts and I had twins. I would suggest using a digital ovulation kit that is what I used and they are very easy to use and to read. My clinic basically tracked my period for 2 months and then had me at the clinic at the earliest possible day I would ovulate (day 10 of my cycle) and then I had daily blood work done first thing in the morning to test for the LH surge. When they saw the surge I transferred 5 days later. Other than having to spend a few more days out at the clinic it was really easy and I loved not having to take the pills or suppositories and it was nice to know that I knew  if something was going wrong. I had a missed miscarriage before and I believe it was from the progesterone. I didn't know I had miscarried until I stopped the suppositories at 10 weeks and then found out the baby was gone at 7 weeks. Good luck to you and I hope it all works out well <3

• gibasgirl and soonitwillhappen like this

Me: 37, Tubal Ligation 2002, Tubal Reversal 2008
DH: 34, Normal
DS 16yrs & DD 14yrs from previous marriage
Trying for 7 years
November 2009 - BFP - Chemical Pregnancy
September 2011 - Clomid 3 rounds all BFN
March 2012 - Start IVF #1 at RFP in Calgary
April 2012 - 16 eggs retrieved, 14 fertilized, 8 5 day blasts
Transfered 1 hatching blast - BFP!!!!! 7 blasts frozen.
May 2012 - 7 week U/S - baby measured good and had heartbeat
June 2012 - Stopped Prometrium 10 weeks, started bleeding 3 days later, U/S showed baby died right after 7 week U/S
August 25, 2012 - Start Suprefact for FET #1
September 8, 2012 - Start Estrace
September 21, 2012 - U/S Booked!
September 26, 2012 - FET Transferred one perfect blast. F/X
October 6, 2012 - 10dp5dt BFFN
October 9, 2012 - POAS test at Doctor's Office BFN
November 27, 2012 - Start Suprefact for FET #2
December 29, 2012 - U/S Booked
January 3, 2013 - Transferred One Hatching Blast!!! Still have 3 more in the freezer
January 10, 2013 - 7dp5dt - HPT - BFP!!!!!!
January 15, 2013 - Beta 96
January 17, 2013 - Beta 16 = Chemical Pregnancy
January 19, 2013 - FRER HPT - BFFN
June 6, 2013 - FET #3 - Starting Suprefact...hoping third time is the charm!
July 3, 2013 - U/S Booked
July 9, 2013 - FET date!!!
July 20, 2013 - 11dp5dt HPT = BFN sad.png
July 2014 - Fresh IVF Cycle Estrogen Priming Protocol

August 2, 2014 - 24 eggs retrieved!

August 3, 2014 - 11 Eggs fertilized

August 7, 2014 - Transferred 1 beautiful blast. 3 more frozen.

August 8, 2014 - Got call from clinic 6 more blasts frozen!!!  9 snow babies total and one in the oven smile.png

August 20, 2014 - First beta BFN

February 1, 2015 - FET Natural Cycle - Transferred 2 blasts one hatched. FXFX!!!

February 6, 2015 - POAS even though I know it's early...and surprise...BFP!!!!

February 10, 2015 - 9dp5dt - BFP on Clearblue Digital!!!!! th_abfp.gifyahoo.gif

February 19, 2015 - Beta 8928!!!! EDD Oct 23/15

March 7, 2015 - Ultrasound shows TWINS!!!! 2 little beans measuring 8 weeks with two little flutters for heartbeats preggo.gif

March  31, 2015 - 11 Weeks U/S. Baby A measures 11w3d Baby B measures 11w5d!!!!

May 2015 - 5 month ultrasound. Both babies look fantastic!!!! TEAM GREEN!!!giggle.gif

October 5, 2015 - C-Section date booked to meet my little babes!!! Can't wait the countdown is on!!!!!

September 19, 2015 - Babies decided to make an early appearance at 35 weeks 4 days!!!

Connor Melvin - Born 5:11am weighing 4lb15oz

Emily May - Born 5:13am weighing 5lb8oz

We are so in love! babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif

#6 soonitwillhappen

soonitwillhappen
  • Global 100+
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:21 PM

The RE wants to see my cycle.  But I am probably going to use a ovulation kit as well.  Those kits work well on me.  Even the dollar store ones work on me....So I will probably take use the ovulation kit as well as monitoring my BBT. - Thanks for the advice ladies!!!

• amp77 likes this

#7 amazing grace

amazing grace
  • Global 100+
  • 750 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:41 AM

Soon, our time will come, don't give up! As for those narrow minded people, I get it too and my response is the same as yours. Unfortunately, many people don't realize the implications of such questions because they don't know our story. Handle it with grace as you have been doing. Wishing you an abundance of peace and always feel free to PM me if you need encouragement.

• gibasgirl, soonitwillhappen, amp77 and 1 other like this