521 replies to this topic

#476 Cait14

Cait14
  • Global 100+
  • 222 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:One fertility

Posted 11 December 2016 - 03:07 PM

Hi Chantal- I did my glucose test this past Monday - inchecked my results on line thank goodness I passed - i have pcos which can lead to GD in pregnancy. However I saw that a few items have been flagged for being too low (hemoglobin, red blood cell count, platelets and iron) I'm guessing I'll hear what I can do with that?
-anyone experience that before?

Sorry I can't help your other question as I am not working out at all just walks

#477 Cait14

Cait14
  • Global 100+
  • 222 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 02:34 PM

Quick question for everyone. When are you beginning your mat leaves?

#478 hs4816

hs4816
  • Global 100+
  • 432 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Heartland

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:36 PM

I have a couple different roles at work. So I'm winding down. My last hard/busy week is when im 33w. My last medium busy week will be when I'm 35w. ANd my last really really easy (like sit at home and do nothing) will be 36 or 37w.

So I'd say I'm pretty much done at 35w.

Although, I'm 28w now and with the +++++Braxton hicks I have, I'd really be surprised to get to term. My doctor says not to worry, but I get a lot!

I'm 39 with endo

IVF #1: March 2016: Long protocol: Suprefact (200)/Menopur (225)

9 follicles => 4 eggs => 3 mature => 3 fertilized (ICSI) => 2 blasts (one transferred, one frozen)

BFN

IVF #2: June 2016: Microdose flare: Suprefact (40 BID)/Menopur (150)/ Gonal (300)

7-10 follicles (?) => 12 mature eggs => only 4 fertilized w/ICSI => transferred 2 @ 3days and 1 blast frozen

BFP:  day 14 beta = 93, day 18 beta 557 (37h doubling time)

Ultrasound July 21 = single, live intrauterine pregnancy

.... so hopeful it sticks!

#479 MegJay

MegJay
  • Global 100+
  • 204 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Calgary

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:34 PM

I am set to leave at the start of week 36, however I may work part time for another week or two depending on how I'm feeling.  My husband works out of town so I don't want to sit at home all day and night everyday by myself.  My boss is pretty flexible with it and I'm consulting to them throughout my mat leave (taking it as a bonus at the end so I don't get screwed out of EI), so really I guess I could work up to week 40 from home.

Me:33 DH:38

TTC Since May 2014

3 rounds of IUI with Clomid all BFN!!

IVF #1 April 2016- 13 Eggs, 11 mature, 8 fertilized (ICSI).  Fragmentation on all 8, transferred 2 3 day embryo's, used assisted hatching....Beta set for April 26th!

April 26th- BFN

July 3rd- Found out we are pregnant naturally!  completely surprised but so excited!  Due date is March 6, 2017!

Beta#1- 5 weeks- 6657

Beta#2- 5 weeks 5 days- 25823

#480 mrs2014

mrs2014
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 09:12 PM

Hey all, I only have four days left of work. This is due mainly to all of the public holidays and where they fall. My last day will be when I am around 35 weeks as I am scheduled to have a C-section at 38 weeks. I have two more assignments I would like to get done so I can finish my study before the baby comes so it will work out really well to have 9 whole toddler free days at home to finish off those and get some stuff done around the house. I am currently 31 weeks, this is my second pregnancy and boy am I feeling it! The insomnia is getting to me big time! I cried this morning simply because I was so tired. No other reason...I am just knackered!

The other caveat for my maternity leave is that my boss's wife is due mid Jan and if he needs to go on parental leave, I am going to try and cover him for a few days...we are seriously short staffed!!

Anyway, I hope everyone else is doing ok...anyone having the issues with insomnia..I had it last time around as well except this time is worse as it is super hot here right now!

#481 Cait14

Cait14
  • Global 100+
  • 222 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 01:14 PM

I can't decide to go March 3 or march 10. I'm due the 12 with my first. I'm a teacher so March 10 would be the day before spring break.

Anyway went to OB today. He said I was measuring 26 weeks from the measuring tape. I'm 27.5 weeks. Should I be concerned?
He said no 2 cm is fine or 2 weeks he said. I'm just not convinced. Happen to anyone else?

#482 hs4816

hs4816
  • Global 100+
  • 432 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 03:53 PM

I've heard the last 2-3 weeks are pretty challenging from a comfort standpoint. I'd leave on the 3rd if I were you.

As far as measuring goes, consistency matters. I measure 4-5 larger (probably because I'm a bit fat...). Doctor says as long as it's consistent she's happy. Plus we've had an ultrasound to confirm baby is on track. She said if she was worried about growth slowing (or big baby) I'd get another ultrasound to check size..... but i have one in 4 weeks to check placenta so will know then.

I'm 39 with endo

9 follicles => 4 eggs => 3 mature => 3 fertilized (ICSI) => 2 blasts (one transferred, one frozen)

BFN

IVF #2: June 2016: Microdose flare: Suprefact (40 BID)/Menopur (150)/ Gonal (300)

7-10 follicles (?) => 12 mature eggs => only 4 fertilized w/ICSI => transferred 2 @ 3days and 1 blast frozen

#483 farmwife

farmwife
  • Global 100+
  • 571 posts
  • My Clinic:Edmonton

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:54 AM

hs4816- honestly don't hold too much with Braxton hicks, I had them lots with my first pregnancy and my son was sitting so low my OB was shocked the first time she checked me, through for sure this baby was ready and I woulnt make it much past 37 weeks.... I needed to be induced at 41. Just means that uterus will be ready to work!

Cait- the measuring tape is just a guide to monitor growth, I'm measuring a week ahead, but my OB said because this is #2 it's not unusual to carry more infront. It's all about how you carry, like hs said as long as you measure consistant, if they are really worried they will check growth with ultrasound. My cousin is measuring small with her second (as she did with her first) but she is showing consistant growth so her doctor isn't worried.

AFM- sitting at 28+4, definately more uncomfortable than my first pregnancy, insomnia has shown up a bit and my carpel tunnel has been starting a bit. My mat leave will be starting around 35 weeks, I want to have time at home with my son (and will still send him to daycare an odd day to get some stuff done at home), but it's mostly because I work part time and haven't used many holidays up throughout the year and I'd rather have the time off instead of getting paid out. Have my ultrasound in 2 weeks to see where this placenta is sitting.

Beautiful little boy thanks to IVF; Now project sibling; It's been a bumpy road so far.... Journey details in 'About Me'

#484 chantalword

chantalword
  • Global 100+
  • 127 posts
  • My Clinic:Hannam Fertility

Posted 16 December 2016 - 06:31 PM

Cait - You're lucky you can go look at your results online. I have chronically low iron, I get regular monthly infusions to keep up with it. You can always increase your dietary iron (beef, spinach, cream of wheat, etc) or add some extra oral iron pills.

I'm starting my mat leave on February 1st, which is just shy of 35 weeks. With my csection on March 1st it seemed like a good time to take off. I'll be going back part time once I switch from pregnancy to parental leave. I'll be able to work from home and go in for meetings if needed.

Hs- glad your trip went well!

AFM - I had a weird stinging pain across the belly yesterday. Freaked me out at the time but the baby is kicking lots so I'm not too concerned anymore, it was just weird. I think it's more to do with my digestive issues, honestly. I see the OB on Tuesday and my GI on Friday.

Me - 31 (ulcerative colitis, chronic anemia) DH - 37
Unexplained Infertility - TTC 2+ years

IUI #1 09/15 - Clomid 50mg, 3 mature follicles, BFN
IUI #2 10/15 - Letrozole 5mg, 3 mature follicles, BFN
IUI #3 11/15 - Gonal - F 75iu (allergic reaction), switched to Puregon 75iu, 4 mature follicles, BFN

IVF - April 2016 - 43 eggs retrievel, 17 PGS normal frozen embryos

FET#1 - June 22 - Transferred 1 5AA blast - BFP!

#485 eyedoc

eyedoc
  • Global 100+
  • 449 posts
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:32 PM

I am due on March 27th and plan to work pretty much up until then. This is my second pregnancy. With my first I felt great and worked until the end (although the end came early and she was born at 35 weeks!). As long as I continue to feel great I will work until the end. I'm self employed and don't get a "mat leave". So any time I take off I don't get a dime for. For that reason (and because my income is about 4x that of my hubby's) I take a leave for 4 months and then back at work part time and hubby takes the 8 month parental leave. Not typical but it is what works for us and we will do the same again this time around.

Especially for first time moms on here, just keep in mind that if you start your mat leave quite early, then you may need to go back to work before baby is one (which can be a problem for some daycares) and you may be insanely bored. I have a few friends who started mat leave at 37-38 weeks, then went very overdue (10 days). So ultimately they both sat at home for a month... bored, waiting for baby to come...and wished they hadn't taken off so early as they then had to go back to work before baby was one. Both of them regretted not working a little longer so they could spend more time with baby. Not that there is anything wrong at all with taking off early. I just know a few who regretted it since it actually meant less time to spend with baby and more time going stir crazy!
  • Yearning likes this

Me - 33, PCOS
DH - 38, Male factor

April 2012 - Started TTC #1
2013 - 2014 - Several medicated cycles and 3 IUI - all BFN

November/December 2014 - IVF #1
Transfer of 1 day 5 embryo, 3 embryos frozen - BFP th_abfp.gif
pPROM @ 35 weeks and our baby babygirl.gif made her early appearance on July 26, 2015

July 2015 - Phone consultation with clinic to look at doing a FET towards the end of the year

August 2015 - Natural BFP??  th_abfp.gif  We are in shock!  Ultrasound at clinic confirms I was already 9 weeks pregnant and had NO IDEA!

Due date for baby B #2 - March 27, 2017

#486 HopefulIM

HopefulIM
  • 76 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Grace fertility Vancouver Canada

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:31 AM

Hi everyone!!! It's been so long and I have missed hearing about all of you. I just have been so stressed and overwhelmed with this pregnancy that I kind of went off grid. My surrogate is now almost 30 weeks!!! We are having a little girl and I cannot come up with a name yet. But...I have packed her bag already. Hahaha.
I am going to go through all of your posts I have missed so I can get caught up. Hugs to you all!!

2001-2003 TTC

2003-ovarian surgery and cauterizing for PCOS and endometriosis

April 2005- surprise th_abfp.gif

Dec 2005- baby boy 9lb 12oz babyboy.gif

July 2007-TTC for baby #2

Aug 2007-th_abfp.gif

March 2008-baby girl 7lb 7oz babygirl.gif

Jan 2009-hysterectomy due to hemorrhaging complications from endometriosis

Nov 2014- joined a surrogacy agency to try for baby #3

Jan 2015-matched with our surrogate

May 2015-8 - 5day embies frozen

July 2015-FET #1 th_abfp.gif

Aug 2015-u/s heartbeat detected

Sept 2015-11w5d u/s no heartbeat 8388.gif

April 2016-FET #2 th_abfn.gif

June 2016-FET #3 th_abfp.gif

7dp5dt beta-81  10dp5dt beta-364  17dp5dt beta-4577

July 13/16-First u/s--heart beat detected 136

August 8/16-10+4 week ultrasound-measuring on track heart rate 162yahoo.gif

#487 Woolly1

Woolly1
  • Global 100+
  • 217 posts
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:11 PM

Glad to see everyone seems to be doing well for the most part. I'm ready for this final stretch! We have picked out our sons name Tobias Gareth and we have a repeat csection scheduled for 2/17. It's nice to know when my end date is. My iron is low but supplements are keeping it in check and my sciatic is giving me hell. On the upside my monthly growth scans show little man is right in the middle and I'm still working out. I only started doing it at week 20 so I was pretty proud when I hit 2.6 miles on the elliptical. It makes me feel a little better about being obese and pregnant. 

How are the rest of you doing? Aches, pains, names,? 

#488 mrs2014

mrs2014
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:40 PM

HI Ladies!

How is everyone/ I hope that you all survived Christmas! I did....barely! I have been having really bad insomnia and Christmas Eve saw me only get about 2 hours of sleep. I got out of bed in tears (!) I was supposed to be hosting the family here for Christmas day and preparing all of the food etc. Well, I kinda lost the plot when my husband said that he would do all of the cooking instead...ummmm excuse me?! Because preparing Christmas dinner is just so freaking easy that he (who has never cooked more than oven baked fish before) could easily whip up a full Christmas dinner with the works. Well his suggestion made things even worse and my despair quickly turned to incredulous rage at how little value he placed on my ability to cook. Anyway once my tantrum was over, it all went ok. My mother in law sat on her behind and did not lift a finger...not once, to help. I almost scratched her eyes out by the end of the day. Thankfully, my husband made a huge fuss to the rest of the family about how exhausted I was and how I wasn't sleeping and that the doctor was worried about my iron levels being low and how that was making me feel worse (all true) so that the rest of the family actually pitched in and helped..

I guess that moral of that story is don't host Christmas when you are 33 weeks preggo! Oh and the other recurring theme for me is my wild rage filled mood swings...anyone else having these??? I am struggling with this overwhelming need to punch every human being in the face (I am joking....but seriously..anyone else..? No??). So yeah, that is me. I am still running usually around 5-6kms ( I think thats about 3 miles??) but have just started to get symph pain so am trying to swim some laps as well in between runs. I ran until 30 weeks last time because the symph pain was heaps worse...I guess I am not doing as much this time around so I have been able to continue for longer into the pregnancy.

This baby is super active and kicking and tumbling around in there. It is interesting to actually watch my entire belly shift position when the baby does. It is growing nicely-bigger than average and still sitting breech at this stage...not worries though as I am booked for a C-section for 3rd Feb at this stage. Getting closer now!!

Happy New year to everyone, I hope you all enjoy it!

#489 hs4816

hs4816
  • Global 100+
  • 432 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:59 PM

I hosted thanksgiving for 20 people when I was about 19w. Almost killed me. Now I'm playing the pregnancy/newborn card for next few holidays. See if I can keep myself out of the family cooking rotation until 2018....

Things are generally well with me. I'm 30w now. Quite uncomfortable. Still tormented by ridiculous insomnia (whole pregnancy). Waiting for an ultrasound to recheck placental position in 2 weeks. Moods ok. Sex life absent (like since before the egg retrieval...). Starting to get ready for baby, alternating between excitement and fear. Gaining too much weight, but trying not to worry about it.

Happy new years to all!!

I'm 39 with endo

BFN

#490 Cait14

Cait14
  • Global 100+
  • 222 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:39 PM

Happy New Years everyone. I can't believe we will have our babies this year. I turned 30w on Sunday and I'm a teacher so I have off this week. I began to wish the little ones clothes and set up his dresser. It makes it feel all too real. We have a 3D ultrasound tomorrow!
Hope everyone is doing well

#491 hs4816

hs4816
  • Global 100+
  • 432 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:02 PM

So my baby (35 y/o) sister has a positive pregnancy test after the very first time they ever tried without contraception. Obviously I'm happy for her and we all know she has a long way to go, but man! She's in shock and I'm in awe. Didn't think that happened to anyone.... I was telling her not to get her hopes up and not to worry until like 12 tries....

I'm 39 with endo

BFN

#492 MegJay

MegJay
  • Global 100+
  • 204 posts
  • My Clinic:Calgary

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:27 AM

hs- I know the feeling, my older sister (36 y/o) got pregnant after only 2 months of being off the pill.  She is super unhealthy, overweight, drinks to much and smokes.  I was happy for them, but also a bit upset that it would take my DH and I so long and so much money to get pregnant.

Me:33 DH:38

TTC Since May 2014

3 rounds of IUI with Clomid all BFN!!

IVF #1 April 2016- 13 Eggs, 11 mature, 8 fertilized (ICSI).  Fragmentation on all 8, transferred 2 3 day embryo's, used assisted hatching....Beta set for April 26th!

April 26th- BFN

July 3rd- Found out we are pregnant naturally!  completely surprised but so excited!  Due date is March 6, 2017!

Beta#1- 5 weeks- 6657

Beta#2- 5 weeks 5 days- 25823

#493 mrs2014

mrs2014
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:42 PM

Hs and Megjay- thats the worst (but also the best??)! I am so sorry you have to go through all of those mixed emotions. I know you think you should be happy for them but then a little piece of you feels so jealous that it happened so easily for them. In the toughest times, I often felt that  I would never wish the infertility experience on my worst enemy. Yet sometimes, you just wish other people close to you could experience what it is really like just for a moment so that they could know just how awful it really is. I dont know, maybe I am the only one who thinks like that. 

Anyway, onto a more exciting and happy subject-I can't believe it is less than four weeks until we have another baby! I have my last official day of work tomorrow..I can't believe it has come around so quickly. How is everyone else feeling?? I am tired..and a little sore from still trying to run. I have officially hung up the running shoes for the next 10weeks...will start back at it 6 weeks post partum. Walking and swimming will have to do for now! I hope everyone is going ok...anyone from the southern hemisphere on this forum? If so how are they coping with Summer?? It hasn't been too bad here yet..hopefully will stay mild until after baby is born!

#494 chantalword

chantalword
  • Global 100+
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:19 PM

hs and megjay - I get it as well. My sister has conceived and had her second child in the time that we have been trying. Although she has had her own issues with pregnancy (miscarriage, etc) she had no issues getting pregnant. I don't discount the difficulty she also when through but it is definitely very different. And throwing her a baby shower right when my first IVF cycle got cancelled was pretty tough. 

Seems like everyone is doing pretty well based on the relative quietness of this board. I have just under 7 weeks to go, it's incredibly hard to believe. I have just over 2 weeks of work left and then 4 weeks off to do whatever I want. Working out is getting a lot more difficult, not only the physical act of it, but finding the energy. The exhaustion just keeps getting worse. Otherwise I am doing okay, getting a bit sore, and sleeping does not come easy, but I'm honestly feeling better than I expected at this point. We have another ultrasound next week, It's been quite some time since we have seen the baby so we are really looking forward to it. 

Hope things are going well for everyone! 

IUI #3 11/15 - Gonal - F 75iu (allergic reaction), switched to Puregon 75iu, 4 mature follicles, BFN

#495 hs4816

hs4816
  • Global 100+
  • 432 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:38 PM

You guys hit it bang on. I had a twinge of "oh God, couldn't they have sweat it out for at least a few months". But that passed fast. I just want to be happy for them and hope they don't have to have any struggles. That's the way it should be.

I'm 32w now. Ultrasound today shows everything is now normal. Placenta has moved. Head is down. All is well. I'm just on the cusp of advanced maternal age, so my doctor wants to discuss risks/benefits of induction at 38w (vs waiting). So I'll have to do some reading about that

Otherwise I'm feeling ok. Suffering pelvic girdle pain and various other things, but nothing too bad. The insomnia is still awful, but I've been using diclectin for sleep.

Good to hear everybody's updates!

I'm 39 with endo

BFN

#496 mrs2014

mrs2014
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 05:09 PM

Hey all, well the countdown for us is on! 10 days to go until we meet this baby. Things are going ok. I am having real trouble sleeping and have resorted to sleeping in the baby's room as it has another bed in it. Am doing this so that at least the husband can get some sleep as he is still at work. Managed about 6hours last night so I am feeling pretty good today. I went for a long walk (about 5 miles??) yesterday and although my pelvis feels fine (usually would ache from walking so far), it was my feet that hurt as in the arches were aching...odd. That has gone this morning though. SO now I Am about to head out for my final hairdresser's appointment before baby comes..

I won't lie, I have been having surging panic attacks when I think about how on earth I am going to cope with a new baby and an 18 month old toddler...I am pretty scared about the whole thing but I am going to try my mantra of one day at a time. I have all the bottles and formula ready as this time around I am not going to put myself under the ridiculous pressure to breastfeed again..it didn't work last time despite me trying EVERYTHING, and this time around, I am going to try and if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. The important thing is that the baby is fed and that I am not a basket case as well. SO I have my head around that. 

When is everybody due exactly?? AM I the first (having scheduled C-section on 3rd Feb)?? Anyone having Braxton HIcks contractions or anything?  I haven't had any at all, either this time round or last time.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well...really starting to creep up on us all now!!

#497 hs4816

hs4816
  • Global 100+
  • 432 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:08 PM

Exciting Mrs!! I think you might be the first! I'm not due until March 8th. Have been having Braxton hicks alot since I was 24w. I just ignore them.

As far as breastfeeding goes, fed is best! I'm going to try really hard, but I've done a lot of "pre-work" on the guilt because I'm prone to depression. So I will use formula as a backup if I start having mood issues (particularly so I can sleep if that's a problem). I just want to be ready for all contingencies.

I'm 39 with endo

BFN

#498 eyedoc

eyedoc
  • Global 100+
  • 449 posts
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:43 PM

You probably will be the first!!

I understand your fears about how to make all work with another child! Our daughter will be 19-20 months old when this baby is born and I think it is going to be a terrible transition on her. She is very attached to me and gets really angry if my attention is not all on her. I think it will be hard for her to get used to this and also difficult as she isn't really old enough to understand much about it! It'll all work out in the end.

I bet I'm one of the last due here - I am March 27.

Me - 33, PCOS
DH - 38, Male factor

April 2012 - Started TTC #1
2013 - 2014 - Several medicated cycles and 3 IUI - all BFN

November/December 2014 - IVF #1
Transfer of 1 day 5 embryo, 3 embryos frozen - BFP th_abfp.gif
pPROM @ 35 weeks and our baby babygirl.gif made her early appearance on July 26, 2015

July 2015 - Phone consultation with clinic to look at doing a FET towards the end of the year

August 2015 - Natural BFP??  th_abfp.gif  We are in shock!  Ultrasound at clinic confirms I was already 9 weeks pregnant and had NO IDEA!

Due date for baby B #2 - March 27, 2017

#499 chantalword

chantalword
  • Global 100+
  • 127 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:11 AM

Hs - Glad eveything is looking and feeling good. Have you decided if you are going to induce or not? Since I'm not having a vaginal birth I don't know much about it, but what are the risks to waiting?

Mrs2014 - 10 days that's very exciting. It definitely seems like you will be first. My csection is scheduled for March 1st. I also haven't had any Braxton hicks pains. I had a weird stomach pain in the middle of the night which went away pretty quickly. But it felt more like stomach flu pains than what I understand Braxton hicks to be.

I definitely agree on the Fed is best front. I'm honestly not too fussed about breastfeeding. I am going to try and see how it goes but I'm not going to force it. If it works I will also be pumping so that she can be bottle fed and I can sometimes get a break, or leave the house without worrying about it. Plus my husband is really looking forward to being able to feed her.

I've been feeling okay these days. We just had an ultrasound and everything is going well with the little one. She's breech but since I have a planned csection her position doesn't matter. I'm having trouble breathing because of the pressure on my lungs and diaphragm. I can't lie down anymore and I have about 5 pillows propping me up just so I can sleep. So far it's working alright although I do wake up much more horizontal than I fell asleep and often need to catch my breath.

How is everyone else doing?? It's getting so close!

#500 farmwife

farmwife
  • Global 100+
  • 571 posts
  • My Clinic:Edmonton

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:05 AM

mrs- 10 days is so exciting! Enjoy a blissful hair appointment  and maybe a hot coffee to just relax.

eyedoc- hope your daughter adjusts well. maybe you can spin it so she can be mommy's extra special helper with baby?

Chantal- I hear ya on not being able to breath, some days just bending and picking up stuff makes me feel like an obese-asthmatic 90 year old women.

AFM- I'm due March 6th, but I wouldn't be surprised if I had babe sooner. Atmy early u/s my original due date (based on LMP (this was a surprise natural pregnancy) was Feb 26) but they said I was measuring behind that so readjusted the date, now baby is measuring around 1.5 weeks ahead (almost dead on original due date). At 30 weeks baby was confirmed breech via u/s and my doctor said she is now 85% sure he flipped, but I still have another u/s in 2 weeks to confirm and check size. My placenta is completely moved out of the way though so that makes me happy. I had barely noticeable Braxton hicks with my son early on, and this time around they started even sooner (around 22 weeks) and they are very noticeable now. I'm feeling a bit of pressure now to get things ready for baby (I was way more prepared with my son), but only have a few more days of work left so I hope I can get my a$$ in gear.

I'm 150% with you gals on fed is best. I never had any desire to breastfeed and when I had my son said I just wanted to try and get some colostrum into him, we did that at the hospital and I said I would try for a bit more. Latching was an issue so I asked the nurse for a bottle, we tried a bit more at home then just switched to formula as soon as I felt anxious about having to try nurse. Just wasn't for us. I do love that my husband can take part in the feeding bonding and that I can just get some time away and just refresh and reset myself, it took me a bit to realize that I need to do that in order to be the best mom I can be.     

Beautiful little boy thanks to IVF; Now project sibling; It's been a bumpy road so far.... Journey details in 'About Me'