Anyone waiting to start treatment in the fall? - Page 2 - Waiting Lounge - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone waiting to start treatment in the fall?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#26 eyedoc

eyedoc
  • Global 100+
  • 452 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:08 PM

We are planning for a FET later this year. We had our DD in July 2015 - from our first fresh IVF cycle. We have 3 frosties and are looking to start project sibling. I am planning to wean her before we start (although the clinic said I didn't have to but I wouldn't want to wonder if that ever impacted our success). So not quite sure in the timeline but probably November-December.
  • amp77 likes this

Me - 33, PCOS
DH - 38, Male factor

April 2012 - Started TTC #1
2013 - 2014 - Several medicated cycles and 3 IUI - all BFN

November/December 2014 - IVF #1
Transfer of 1 day 5 embryo, 3 embryos frozen - BFP th_abfp.gif
pPROM @ 35 weeks and our baby babygirl.gif made her early appearance on July 26, 2015

July 2015 - Phone consultation with clinic to look at doing a FET towards the end of the year

August 2015 - Natural BFP??  th_abfp.gif  We are in shock!  Ultrasound at clinic confirms I was already 9 weeks pregnant and had NO IDEA!

Due date for baby B #2 - March 27, 2017

#27 net1222

net1222
  • Global 100+
  • 116 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:26 PM

Waiting for my next cycle to start the transfer protocol. Had egg retrieval July 25th. Retrieved 12 eggs; 10 mature; 10 fertilized on Day 1; 10 embryos on Day 3, and 3 embryos on Day 5. We then did PGS testing and we are left with 2 solid blastocysts, which are now on ice until transfer.

Have our follow up with Hannam this Monday to talk about next steps. But based on our discussion right after retrieval, the doctor basically said she wanted me to have a cycle in between the one where they would implant.

I had a cycle a week after the retrieval, so in theory my next cycle should be mid Sept. But my cycles are ordinarily so irregular (between 35-70 days)! I hope I don't have another super long cycle this time too.

I'm doing my best to be all zen about everything - but I feel like the process has been so drawn out already! :(
  • amp77 likes this

Age 39 (turning 40 Dec 2016). DH 49 (turning 50 in Oct 2016).

No previous children of own - but DH has biological son from previous marriage (13 y.o)

First time doing IVF.

DH had reversal in 2015, but was not successful.

IVF #1

Egg Retrieval on July 25, 2016 = 12

Mature eggs = 10

Eggs Fertilized = 10

Day 3 Embryos = 10

Day 6 Blasts = 3

After PGS = 2

FET #1 - Sept 2016 with 1 5AA embryo. BFN cry.gif

FET #2 (and final embryo) - Dec 8th BFN zjujfjf.gif

IVF #2 

Egg Retrieval on April 2017 = 12

Mature eggs = 12

Eggs Fertilized = 12

Day 3 Embryos = 10

Day 6 Blasts = 6

After PGS = 3

FET #1 - June 8th 2017. BFP!!!!!! yahoo.gif

Hcg - 12dpt 382

Hcg - 14 dpt 1100

First pregnancy u/s - July 7th

#28 ivfjourneyofhope

ivfjourneyofhope
  • 31 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:One Fertility Burlington

Posted 30 August 2016 - 08:05 AM

Is anybody doing an endo scratch before FET? if so how soon before should you do it, a month? a week?

#29 snappykat

snappykat
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 30 August 2016 - 02:33 PM

Hi everyone,

Im new to this page. DH and I have been trying for 8 years to get PG and no go. I have PCOS and have always thought it was my issue because of irregular periods and such. Ive tried Clomid and Metformin with no success.

We recently started seeing a new Dr and found out DH has low sperm (3.5 mil). He has to re-test, and im being send for another HSG dye test. Then she would like to send us to the fertility clinic for IUI.This was a shocker as ive been blaming myself for the last 8 years and have taken the stress (my own fault). I guess that's just the way I am. Im trying to gather more information on IUI, like what im to expect. And if anyone has any experience with the Fertility Clinic in St Johns, Newfoundland, how long does it normally take to get an appointment?

Thanks So much :)

#30 amp77

amp77
  • 1000+
  • 2746 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 30 August 2016 - 02:35 PM

Welcome and good luck, snappykat!  I don't have experience with IUI or your clinic but sucks that you weren't aware of hubby's issues all this time :(  It is so frustrating when things like that happen.  Wishing you success!!!

Age 40, DH 44 in Oct.

TTC on and off since 2007 before our second IVF, in 2014, brought us our beautiful son and our first FET brought us our second son in 2017.  Our family is complete!

IVF #1 - April 2014 - BFN - no frosties

IVF #2 - July 2014 - BFP - 5B-AB and 4 frosties (5B-BB, 2x4B-BB and 3B-BB)

Apr. 13, 2015 - Daniel Erik was born at 5:05 am, weight 8 lbs, 13 oz, and 22" long.  He is perfect in every way.

FET #1 - September 2016 - BFP - 5B-BB and 3 frosties (2x4B-BB and 3B-BB)

June 18, 2017 - Matthew William was born at 2:46 am, weight 8 lbs, 11 oz and 21" long.  He is perfect in every way too!

#31 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3349 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 30 August 2016 - 03:08 PM

I just started an October IVF group for those interested.
  • amp77, LifeUnpaged and net1222 like this

#32 Carol Palmer

Carol Palmer
  • Just Hatched
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:I am a mother of two and grandparent of four children. My daughter had to opt for IVF. After which I am quite marvelled at what science can gift you
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:57 AM

Havine decided to start off in october keep these few simple tips in mind while going for it. Go  for the most experienced doctor, ask your doctor for mock run before the real one, don't have hydrosalpinx,go for regular testing, consume enough folic acid,don't head to bed soon after the embryo transfer

Giving birth should be your greatest achievement not your greatest fear - Jane Weideman

#33 LifeUnpaged

LifeUnpaged
  • Global 100+
  • 139 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Centre

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:52 AM

I am due to start injections around October 28th. I am on BCP for 21 days first. I just started last nigh but woke up groggy, nauseous and with a massive headache. I popped a painkiller and grabbed a coffee when I got to work and luckily the headache has subsided. I work with kids in a school library and things can get pretty loud. I am still feeling exhausted and a touch nauseous.

I have so many thoughts and emotions right now, now that we are actually seeing the start of things. DH is taking a pessimistic approach saying it probably won't work the first time. I am choosing to be positive, I have felt since Christmas last year that 2016 would be our year and so far everything is pointing to me being right. I am choosing to take little things that have popped up over the year as a sign that its our time. He thinks I'm crazy. He is mostly worried I'll end up hurt and disappointed.

• amp77 likes this

Undergoing IVF with PGD to prevent passing on Neurofibromatosis Type 1

Emoticons09780.gif

heart.gif Our Journey:heart.gif 

• ??/??/10 -  I am diagnosed with Neurofibromatosis Type 1, we discover I have a 50% chance of passing it on. Upon learning more about the   disorder we decide IVF with PGD would be our route to have kids in order to prevent passing it on. We consult with Dr. Haebe at  OFC to learn more, but aren't yet ready to start. We make a plan to save up.
  • 06/02/12 - Our Wedding Day!
  • 12/??/15 - Ontario announced funded IVF cycles, we can get the ball rolling!
  • 11/25/15 - Consultation @ OFC.
  • 01/08/16 - IVF and PGD Consent Signed for Ontario Funded Cycle. (We pay for the PGD)
  • 01/14/16 - Nurses received chart, put on wait list for funded IVF. 
  • 05/26/16 - Name came up on wait list, OHIP consents received! 
  • 09/21/16 - Genesis completed gene probe, ready for embies! Awaiting call from scheduling nurse.
  • 09/30/16 - Start BCP for 21 days, Booked to start Stims (Antagonist Protocol) on October 28th
  • 10/28/16 - Start Gonal F pen injections 150 iu
  • 11/07/16 - Egg retrieval, 34 eggs retrieved, 17 mature 
  • 11/08/16 - 12 eggs fertilized, letting them grow to day 5
  • 11/13/16 -  5 embryos biopsied and frozen - awaiting PGD testing results
  • 12/??/16 -  One embryo tested positive for Neurofobromatosis gene mutation. Genesis to re-biopsy to ensure probe is working
  • 01/12/17 -  Results for re-biopsy received, meeting with Dr. Haebe tomorrow to discuss.
  • 01/13/17 - Results are good, mock cycle is the next step before transferring one of our 4 healthy embabies!
  • 01/13/17 - All is well with the mick cycle, nurses called. Next step is to call with late March day 1 and then blood tests until I surge, then ultrasound. We are looking at transfer the week of April 10th.
  • 03/28/17 - Called in CD1 - final round of testing before transfer is about to begin!
  • 04/13/17 - SURGE! Transfer will be April 17 yahoo.gif 
  • 04/17/17 - Transferred day 5 blast, icon_stickyvibespink.gif  BETA will be May 1
  • 4/24/17 - 7dp5dt poas and got a faint positive!  Emoticons01015.gif th_abfp.gif
  • 05/01/17 - Beta results are in (925) we are officially pregnant! stork-baby.gif