Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

January 2017 Due Date Buddies

535 replies to this topic

#526 IVF rookie

IVF rookie
  • Global 100+
  • 209 posts
  • Interests:photography, horses, and my beloved dogs and cats!
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Trio

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:42 PM

Ckat, yep I'm on my back and she's on my chest. I put a pillow beside me on the edge of the bed side but I never roll or barely even move all night (I know because I'm super stiff lol) but I put the pillow beside me because she's started shimmying over and laying beside me straddling my side. Her head is on my boob, one arm under her on the pillow, one arm across my ribs, and her legs either beside me or one leg on top of my belly. Trust me I never wanted to be a cosleeper but me staying awake all the time is simply not possible. I actually get my best sleep this way. I can feel her start fussing when she wants to feed and we're both comfortable. I still try to get her to sleep on the bed but have started putting her down on her side instead of her back because she simply hates being on her back. It's a bit scary at first but once we got ourselves sorted, I'm actually really comfortable. I put a little receiving blanket under her arms and down to her feet to keep her warm, but my body heat usually keeps us both comfy. No comforter though. I'm going to order the dock a tot this weekend. I'm glad your LO doesn't hate it ltvixen.

Also when it comes to pumping, my LC told me that a pump will never be as efficient as a baby when it comes to how much milk comes out. I can pump roughly 2oz per side or maybe a bit more in the morning when I'm full, but I'm sure that she must eat more than that in order to be full.

How long are your babies and how much do they weigh?? Izzy is pretty little. She's half philipino though and most of her relatives are like 4 foot nothing so I'm chalking it up to that. The doctor says she's gaining right along the line on the chart, and she's never been overly big even when I was pregnant she measured small. She is 10 weeks tomorrow and she's 23" and just hit 10oz on last Monday (so basically at 9 weeks). Itty bitty girl!

#527 ltvixen

ltvixen
  • Global 100+
  • 136 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:AART

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:42 PM

Bree was 23.8" tues the 14th (85%) but only 10lbs7oz. She dropped 2 percentile curves before I started supplementing with formula but is going back up now. She had actually gained a whole pound in one week as of the 14th!

Me: 35 and single

06/15 - 1st IUI - BFN

08/15 - 2nd IUI - BFN

Jan 18/16 - transferred 1x5 day blast and froze 7 more!

Feb 01/16 - BFN!

May 03/16 - FET (1 5 day embryo transferred)

#528 Yellowknife

Yellowknife
  • Global 100+
  • 280 posts
  • My Clinic:Calgary Regional Fertility Clinic

Posted 02 April 2017 - 04:12 PM

hi ladies!

so good ot hear from you guys and seeing that everyone and all babies are doing well..

looks like naya is a beast, she weighs about 13 lbs now and is over 60 cm (not sure how much that is in inches, but not that tall). She eats like a monster, thankfully. I do use formula every now and again when its hubbies turn to feed. I'm doing dreamfeeds which are lifesavers for my sleep! and i use formula for that feed. so basically she is down at 7pm, i give her forumla while she is asleep at 10 (or whenever i go to bed) and she sleeps until 5am!! she did that the two times we used formula. if i dreamfeed her breastmilk, she is up at 2am. which is still good. so when i go to bed at 10, i either wake up between 2 and 5am, so im a happy camper.

during the day, she is pretty good, but gets fussy in the evenings. I'm starting to read her tired and hungry cues a little better and finding she is needing way more attention now that she is past the 6 week mark (she is about 9 weeks now i think). 

She is full of smiles and coos but hasn't giggled yet. I can't wait!

any of you ladies using cloth diapers? i just started a few weeks ago and its going pretty good. it's def more work than disposables and my husband still puts them on when he does bum changes and we still use them at night. i also started using cloth wipes. My husband calls me a fake hippie. in his words making fun of me: "i'm gonna use my tongue to clean off my babies bum cos i wanna save the universe".haha 

the weather here is amazing and we are starting to go for runs outside instead of the indoor track, which is amazing. i dont have to use naya's big heavy bucket seat cover! whoop whoop! im trying to find someone to watch her for 2 hours twice a week so that i can go swimming during the day but she charges 15$ for two hours. so basically it would cost me 30$ a week to go swimming for an hour or so...a little steep! but i may do it anyway, still gotta think on it!

any of your ladies get your period yet? anyone having sex yet? may be TMI, but i havent gotten my period or had sex with penetration. at my 6 week check, the doc told me i still had healing lacerations and to give it time. i also haveZERO sex drive :( i hope that wil come back.

other than that, things are lovely and fantastic for the most part. i would say naya is like 70% amazing. the other 30% consists of insane crying for no apparent reason and lots of grumpiness heheheh. but, man, do i ever love her. after her intense crying, she gives us smiles and the frustration of her grumpiness goes away.. kinda reminds me of labour! hahahah

Me: 33DH: 33Married : 07-07-07TTC for 2 years before finding out about our infertility issueNovember 2009: found out that husband has azoospermiaApril 2010: biospy done on DH to find mature sperm in testes, sperm found, referral sent to CFC in July 2010November 22nd, 2010:confusion between doctors in regards to sperm analysis, also just been told that we need karyotype and micro-deletion resultsMay 2011:5 months later, Karyotype and micro deletion results are back and all is negative. We are ready to go for sperm retrieval!June 8th, 2011: Biospy done at CFC. Dr says there is NO VIABLE sperm. We are devastated..starting to look at other options.June 13th, 2011: Dr at CFC called two days after mTESE. Biospy results had been sent to lab and they DID find sperm. 12 straws of sperm frozen..waiting for my eggs.August 10th, 2011: HSG scheduled but when i got there, there was no Gyne available as Dr. never referred me to one! FRUSTRATED!!!August 29th, 2011: HSG done, most paingful thing EVER!!!!Sept 16 2011: HSG results look good. waiting to call in CD1. Once thats in, i should start treatment..anxious and very nervous!Sept. 22, 2011: called in. AF is in the house!Sept. 26, 2011: CFC finally called and i'm starting my first IVF cycleOct. 12th, 2011: start suprefactOct. 25th, 2011: baseline ultrasound. Everything looks good. Couldn't determind the # of AF but the doc and nurses say it was "many" in both ovaries.Oct. 26th, 2011: begin gonal-F (225IUI) and Luveris (75IUI) injections. Hoping to start an egg factoryOct. 28, 2011: Fly down to CalgaryOct. 29th, 2011: b/w, E2 levels at 716. Too high. Doc lowered my Gonal-F dosage to 150Oct. 30, 2011: 1st u/s shows 13 follies lt, 15 follicles rt. Risk of OHSS. Lowered dosage again to 125Nov. 1st, 2011: 2nd u/s shows 15 follies on each side. E2 levels are at 3224!!!! lowered Gonal F to 100 iuiNov. 3rd, 2011: 3rd u/s shows 20 follies on each side. avrg size of 14 mm. E2 7634. Same dosageNov. 4th, 2011: 4th u/s 40 follicles, avg size 18mm. E2 11 034. Coasting. No more injections until trigger!Nov. 5th, 2011: 5th b/w. E2 14000+. HCG triggerNov. 7, 2011: ER, 22 eggs retrieved, 20 mature, 1 borderline, 1 immature.Nov. 8th, 2011: only 3 fertilized :(Nov. 9th, 2011: assessment, 5% risk of OHSS, very minimal fluid. Good for transfer. 3 embryos at 5-cell stageNovember 10th, 2011: transferred two 8-cell embryos. Froze one compounding 10-cell embryo.Nov. 21st, 2011: BETA 7. BFN. End of the road for this cycle.May 11th, 2012 : start suprefactMay 25th, 2012: start estradiolJune 7th, 2012 : U/S, lining between 8-8.9mm.June 8th, 20120: Good to go for FET. Start progesteroneJune 9th, 2012: off to CalgaryJune 11th, 2012: FET. 3 day 7 cell embryo. Start the 2WWJune 24th, 2012; HPT. BFNJune 26th, 2012: scheduled pregnancy test

March 2016: Starting process for IUI using sperm donor. TSH 1.7, CMV -. FSH 5.6.Day-21 Prog 22.9. Medicated IUI(Clomid CD3-CD7). OPK and BBT used. Not using a fertility clinic or fertility doctor. 1st IUI May 8th,2016 (MOTHERS DAY!), 2nd IUI May 9th, 2016. HPT at 10DPO BFP. Beta #1 at 11 dpo= 41. Beta #2 at 14dpo = 325. Beta #3 at 16dpo = 889. First u/s scheduled for June 2nd. th_abfp.gifth_abfp.gif

#529 arual27

arual27
  • 78 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility

Posted 02 April 2017 - 10:11 PM

Hi ckat,

It sounds like we are going through something similar. My son also has colic and acid reflux. It has been brutal. We switched to hypoallergenic formula and he is on Prevacid and raniditine based on our paediatrician's recommendations. My daughter also had severe reflux which caused episodes of apnea so I have felt pretty strongly about being aggressive with treating my son. Even with medicine I find he is still uncomfortable on his back.
I start my son in a bassinet at night but he usually ends up grunting and crying about an hour after a feeding. We have his bed evevated, hold him up right for 20-30 minutes after feeding and feed him in a mostly upright position. I sometimes put him on my chest to sleep in bed but am more comfortable doing it on the couch because I can't roll. I put him slightly to to the inside of the couch so if he shifts it won't be off the couch. If he moves though I feel it right away! I wish you luck! I would prefer to not sleep with baby in my chest but it is the only way I am getting enough sleep to function!
After ttc 2 years - April 2012 - first BFP - ended in chemicalAug 2012 - Switched clinics to get 2nd opinion on spotting.August 2012 - Found endometrioma on ovarySeptember 2012 - ? - continuing acupuncture / seeing nathuropath while waiting on date for lapOctober 2012 - Surprise BFP.  Both BFP came 6 weeks after sonoJune 2013 - Baby girl born at 36 weeks.  ttc #2 - 2 iui -bfn . Ivf #1 - 150 gonal f, got 13 follicles on ultrasound, dual trigger, only 4 eggs retrieved, all 4 came back grade 3.  In the end transferred one early blast = bfn ivf #2 - 125 gonal f, 75 menopur, 11 follicles, dual trigger but increase in hcg, 10 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized, day 3 report 7/8 embryos highly fragmented grade 3 and 4.  Transferred 1 8 cell grade 2 embryo. Bfn
May 2016-FET with our only frozen embryo. natural cycle. Bfp. Baby boy joined us January 19, 2017

#530 justrelax

justrelax
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:53 PM

It's so great to see your updates with your joys and challenges. I'm so sorry to hear some of the challenges. I think of you all often and the journey we've been through to get here. 

Our baby boy is 12 weeks old. At 10 weeks he was 12lbs 11oz and 24 inches. He's been a big boy since he was born. 

I FINALLY had my procedure on Friday to cauterize the granulation tissue that grew on my tear. For the first time in 12 weeks, I can sit down!! It makes breastfeeding so much easier, especially at night. He wakes up every 4 hours or less to feed. 

I'm hoping that now that the pain is less I can enjoy him more. Every day he gets even better. I'm loving how interactive he is now. The smiles, cackles and little hands reaching out have my heart melting and exploding. 

Can't wait to hear more from all of you. 

June '12- TTC

June '13- Non-obstructive Azoospermia

Aug '13- Stage 2 Endo diagnosed and surgery to remove uterine fibroids

April '14- Uterine Fibroids surgery #2 (none found. oops. sorry) 

June '14- IVF #1 w fresh microtese 

Sept-Nov '15- dIUI x3

Jan '16-   IVF #2 w frozen microtese and DS

April '16- FET = BFP!

#531 Cassandra_Angela

Cassandra_Angela
  • 1000+
  • 2,074 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:HART

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:07 PM

Beau is now almost 15 pounds at 13 weeks old (81%) 

She recently started "making strange" with people and will scream when people try to talk to her. 

She goes to bed at 9pm then will feed around 1am and 5am and I wake her up around 7:45am to get her brothers off to school. 

I have had sex but I wouldnt say that I have my libido back, DH and I had abstained since August so he was pretty much ready to keel over and die. The hormones from breastfeeding are a real mood killer (and natural lubricant killer TMI) but I'm hoping things pick up again.

No period yet but I do have random bouts of spotting. 

We are starting renovations this week and I need to purge and pack etc and while I normally LOVE throwing out stuff and donating etc I am really sad about giving away my maternity clothes. I dont plan on having anymore but I feel tied to them. 

Please see "about me" section for details

Pictures tell a thousand words: https://www.instagra...dra_angela1981/

#532 IVF rookie

IVF rookie
  • Global 100+
  • 209 posts
  • Interests:photography, horses, and my beloved dogs and cats!

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:37 PM

Just wanted to say happy one year since transfer day to Laura and just relax!! Can you remember where we were one year ago from tomorrow? Waiting in little rooms to get our embryos transferred. The anxiousness and excitement... what a roller coaster! And here we are with our beautiful babies!! :)

Life is a miracle sometimes!!
  • Cassandra_Angela and ltvixen like this

#533 justrelax

justrelax
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:41 AM

Happy one year! Doesn't it feel like a lifetime ago that we were in those medical recliner chairs? It's brought tears to my eyes all morning. What a hard battle we all went through and now here we are with these amazing little lives. I couldn't be more thankful. Sometimes I think my heart is going to just explode. It hits me at the most unexpected times; last night I pulled a teeny tiny sock out of the dryer and just burst into laughing tears. Crazy hey?

As my first mother's day approaches my heart is broken for everyone still on the other side of this journey. I don't think anyone can understand the strength it takes except for a fellow IVF warrior. We really are survivors! I'm sooo thankful every second that it's over and he's finally here. 

• Cassandra_Angela and ltvixen like this

June '12- TTC

Sept-Nov '15- dIUI x3

April '16- FET = BFP!

#534 Cassandra_Angela

Cassandra_Angela
  • 1000+
  • 2,074 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:HART

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:31 AM

Has anyone else already started looking back at newborn pictures and been sad that its over? 

Beau is now starting to really see the world, laughs at things, purposefully grabs at things, in general just seems more aware of her surroundings. Yesterday she slithered out of her lounge chair and managed to roll herself over from her back to stomach once on the floor. She was as happy as a lark with her accomplishment (She was sleeping and I went to the bathroom.... now she gets strapped in) 

• ltvixen likes this

Please see "about me" section for details

Pictures tell a thousand words: https://www.instagra...dra_angela1981/

#535 ltvixen

ltvixen
  • Global 100+
  • 136 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:AART

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:10 PM

Yes and I'm sad bree has outgrown her 0-3 month sleepers (she's 14 weeks now and long and lean lol)

Me: 35 and single

06/15 - 1st IUI - BFN

08/15 - 2nd IUI - BFN

Jan 18/16 - transferred 1x5 day blast and froze 7 more!

Feb 01/16 - BFN!

May 03/16 - FET (1 5 day embryo transferred)

#536 justrelax

justrelax
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:25 AM

Happy Mother's Day ladies. We sure battled to get here. Hope we all get to celebrate!!! 

It's funny but, after 4 years of infertility treatments, my heart still breaks when I see Mother's Day Advertising. I'm definitely thinking of everyone still battling for their babes. 

June '12- TTC

Sept-Nov '15- dIUI x3

April '16- FET = BFP!