512 replies to this topic

#451 Laurak

Laurak
  • Global 100+
  • 154 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Trio

Posted 06 January 2017 - 06:10 PM

Hey guys!! (I will try to make this short)

So I was induced Tuesday afternoon at 3pm, went home and was instructed to come back at 8pm...contractions like crazy during that time!! Went back and got admitted. I didn't need any other form of induction at that point. They did a stretch and sweep, I was 2 cm at 8pm. Then 4 cm at 10pm just before they gave me oxytocin to increase my contractions just before my water breaking! Oh and I had an epidural just before that. (Greatest thing ever!) then my nurse checked me at 1am said I was 3cm....wtf?? I closed up?? 30min later my dr came in to check me and I was fully dilated!!!! Maybe my nurse checked the wrong area?? Lmao!!
Her head was transverse during the delivery which made it tough. I had an apisiotomy and Maggie was born at 2:11 am. 20 min of pushing. We had a little scare...she wasn't responding well and her tone was off but just as they called respiratory she perked up and cried loud and started kicking. I was totally freaked out. They held her on my chest and my dh and I were just crying tears of joy. She is perfect in every way... My heart is so full and I see so much of her brother in her.

Ladies...any day now!! Keep us posted!!
  • ltvixen likes this

#452 justrelax

justrelax
  • 73 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:07 PM

Congratulations!!!! I saw your posts on Instagram and Maggie is absolutely perfect. What a beauty. 

Sorry to hear you needed an episiotomy. Hope you're healing well. 

Calling respiratory must have been such an awful scare for you and your guy after everything you've been through. I'm thrilled that Maggie put your minds at ease and perked up. 

So, new mamas, any tips for healing after delivery or for breastfeeding? 

Thinking about you Cassandra and KFNorth as you heal and CKat and IVFRookie as you may be delivering! 

I'm due tomorrow but still no sign of this baby coming just yet (hopefully that's jinxing it and he/she comes). 

Exciting times on the January Due Dates thread (AKA land of female babies): 

LauraK- Due Jan 5- Born Jan 4- Girl! 

CKat- Jan 6

IVFRookie- Jan 7

Cassandra- Due Jan 8- Born Dec 28- Girl! 

Justrelax- Jan 8

KFNorth- Due Jan 12- Born Jan 1- Twin Girls!  

MCMiracle- Jan 13 

Yellowknife- Jan 30 

June '12- TTC

June '13- Non-obstructive Azoospermia

Aug '13- Stage 2 Endo diagnosed and surgery to remove uterine fibroids

April '14- Uterine Fibroids surgery #2 (none found. oops. sorry) 

June '14- IVF #1 w fresh microtese 

Sept-Nov '15- dIUI x3

Jan '16-   IVF #2 w frozen microtese and DS

April '16- FET = BFP!

#453 IVF rookie

IVF rookie
  • Global 100+
  • 205 posts
  • Interests:photography, horses, and my beloved dogs and cats!

Posted 07 January 2017 - 07:42 PM

So happy for you laura!! She's beautiful!! Loved your pics on Instagram!!

Walked around for 4 hours today and still nothing! Ughhh!! I really wanted her birthday to be 1/7/17!! Lol

#454 Cassandra_Angela

Cassandra_Angela
  • 1000+
  • 2,060 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:HART

Posted 08 January 2017 - 05:03 PM

Finally started to feel better around day 9-10 (thank goodness)
Beau had some real trouble latching so my nipples got really damaged. I had to pump and finger tube feed while I healed.
I went back to the hospital to see the lactation consultant and we were able to get her latched without pain and create a breastfeeding plan. I'm now on some meds to increase my milk supply and I pump after every feed (every two hours).
My advice is to figure out where a lactation consultant is should you need one. It only takes a day or two for your supply to drop so it's better to have the info ahead of time

Please see "about me" section for details

Pictures tell a thousand words: https://www.instagra...dra_angela1981/

#455 Yellowknife

Yellowknife
  • Global 100+
  • 278 posts
  • My Clinic:Calgary Regional Fertility Clinic

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:16 PM

Hey everyone:) Congrats Laura! that's such amazing news. are you out of the hispital now?

That must have been such a scare having respiratory come in and check up. But i'm so glad that it went well and you only pushed for 20 min (WOW!)

Ckat, IVF and Just relax, how exciting would it be if you guys all delivered the same day? hehehe could totally be possible!

I love hearing all the stories and how they are all so different. Three girls from our prenatal group (of 9) have had their babies. I'm also the last one to deliver in that group too. 

I'm expecting me to deliver in about a month: seems so far away!

For now, im eating everything in sight, im super drained, breathing is harder and harder and pelvic pain in bad. But feeling her kick makes me smile everytime. I actually look forward to her kicks and wanna catch it on video (or at least have my husband feel them - but seems like she has stage fright every time)

Keep us all updated! thinking of you all!

• Cassandra_Angela and Laurak like this

Me: 33DH: 33Married : 07-07-07TTC for 2 years before finding out about our infertility issueNovember 2009: found out that husband has azoospermiaApril 2010: biospy done on DH to find mature sperm in testes, sperm found, referral sent to CFC in July 2010November 22nd, 2010:confusion between doctors in regards to sperm analysis, also just been told that we need karyotype and micro-deletion resultsMay 2011:5 months later, Karyotype and micro deletion results are back and all is negative. We are ready to go for sperm retrieval!June 8th, 2011: Biospy done at CFC. Dr says there is NO VIABLE sperm. We are devastated..starting to look at other options.June 13th, 2011: Dr at CFC called two days after mTESE. Biospy results had been sent to lab and they DID find sperm. 12 straws of sperm frozen..waiting for my eggs.August 10th, 2011: HSG scheduled but when i got there, there was no Gyne available as Dr. never referred me to one! FRUSTRATED!!!August 29th, 2011: HSG done, most paingful thing EVER!!!!Sept 16 2011: HSG results look good. waiting to call in CD1. Once thats in, i should start treatment..anxious and very nervous!Sept. 22, 2011: called in. AF is in the house!Sept. 26, 2011: CFC finally called and i'm starting my first IVF cycleOct. 12th, 2011: start suprefactOct. 25th, 2011: baseline ultrasound. Everything looks good. Couldn't determind the # of AF but the doc and nurses say it was "many" in both ovaries.Oct. 26th, 2011: begin gonal-F (225IUI) and Luveris (75IUI) injections. Hoping to start an egg factoryOct. 28, 2011: Fly down to CalgaryOct. 29th, 2011: b/w, E2 levels at 716. Too high. Doc lowered my Gonal-F dosage to 150Oct. 30, 2011: 1st u/s shows 13 follies lt, 15 follicles rt. Risk of OHSS. Lowered dosage again to 125Nov. 1st, 2011: 2nd u/s shows 15 follies on each side. E2 levels are at 3224!!!! lowered Gonal F to 100 iuiNov. 3rd, 2011: 3rd u/s shows 20 follies on each side. avrg size of 14 mm. E2 7634. Same dosageNov. 4th, 2011: 4th u/s 40 follicles, avg size 18mm. E2 11 034. Coasting. No more injections until trigger!Nov. 5th, 2011: 5th b/w. E2 14000+. HCG triggerNov. 7, 2011: ER, 22 eggs retrieved, 20 mature, 1 borderline, 1 immature.Nov. 8th, 2011: only 3 fertilized :(Nov. 9th, 2011: assessment, 5% risk of OHSS, very minimal fluid. Good for transfer. 3 embryos at 5-cell stageNovember 10th, 2011: transferred two 8-cell embryos. Froze one compounding 10-cell embryo.Nov. 21st, 2011: BETA 7. BFN. End of the road for this cycle.May 11th, 2012 : start suprefactMay 25th, 2012: start estradiolJune 7th, 2012 : U/S, lining between 8-8.9mm.June 8th, 20120: Good to go for FET. Start progesteroneJune 9th, 2012: off to CalgaryJune 11th, 2012: FET. 3 day 7 cell embryo. Start the 2WWJune 24th, 2012; HPT. BFNJune 26th, 2012: scheduled pregnancy test

March 2016: Starting process for IUI using sperm donor. TSH 1.7, CMV -. FSH 5.6.Day-21 Prog 22.9. Medicated IUI(Clomid CD3-CD7). OPK and BBT used. Not using a fertility clinic or fertility doctor. 1st IUI May 8th,2016 (MOTHERS DAY!), 2nd IUI May 9th, 2016. HPT at 10DPO BFP. Beta #1 at 11 dpo= 41. Beta #2 at 14dpo = 325. Beta #3 at 16dpo = 889. First u/s scheduled for June 2nd. th_abfp.gifth_abfp.gif

#456 IVF rookie

IVF rookie
  • Global 100+
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:35 PM

Well still no babe here!
Tried some more mall walking this weekend and my legs were so sore but that's about it lol. Felt like I ran a marathon!

Went to the doctor today now at 40+2. She did another sweep and said that the outer layer of my cervix was up to about 2cm but the inside still at a 1cm. Said that baby's head is in the right position and everything looks good with her. So she ordered the ultrasound and then non stress tests for Wednesday. If she's still not here by Friday, then I go in for the Cervadil (sp? The medication to ripen your cervix) and then hopefully Saturday morning for an induction. I'll be right at 41 weeks on Saturday.

I'm sitting in the waiting room right now at the osteopath to attempt that acupuncture induction and hopefully avoid medical induction so we'll see if it actually works or not!! :)
  • Cassandra_Angela likes this

#457 Yellowknife

Yellowknife
  • Global 100+
  • 278 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:44 PM

Have you heard that accupuncture works to induce labour?

I've made myself an appointment, but not sure if it would make a diff...

I hope so.

Im planning on going late (not planning, but expecting) but i dont want it to be THAT late

Me: 33DH: 33Married : 07-07-07TTC for 2 years before finding out about our infertility issueNovember 2009: found out that husband has azoospermiaApril 2010: biospy done on DH to find mature sperm in testes, sperm found, referral sent to CFC in July 2010November 22nd, 2010:confusion between doctors in regards to sperm analysis, also just been told that we need karyotype and micro-deletion resultsMay 2011:5 months later, Karyotype and micro deletion results are back and all is negative. We are ready to go for sperm retrieval!June 8th, 2011: Biospy done at CFC. Dr says there is NO VIABLE sperm. We are devastated..starting to look at other options.June 13th, 2011: Dr at CFC called two days after mTESE. Biospy results had been sent to lab and they DID find sperm. 12 straws of sperm frozen..waiting for my eggs.August 10th, 2011: HSG scheduled but when i got there, there was no Gyne available as Dr. never referred me to one! FRUSTRATED!!!August 29th, 2011: HSG done, most paingful thing EVER!!!!Sept 16 2011: HSG results look good. waiting to call in CD1. Once thats in, i should start treatment..anxious and very nervous!Sept. 22, 2011: called in. AF is in the house!Sept. 26, 2011: CFC finally called and i'm starting my first IVF cycleOct. 12th, 2011: start suprefactOct. 25th, 2011: baseline ultrasound. Everything looks good. Couldn't determind the # of AF but the doc and nurses say it was "many" in both ovaries.Oct. 26th, 2011: begin gonal-F (225IUI) and Luveris (75IUI) injections. Hoping to start an egg factoryOct. 28, 2011: Fly down to CalgaryOct. 29th, 2011: b/w, E2 levels at 716. Too high. Doc lowered my Gonal-F dosage to 150Oct. 30, 2011: 1st u/s shows 13 follies lt, 15 follicles rt. Risk of OHSS. Lowered dosage again to 125Nov. 1st, 2011: 2nd u/s shows 15 follies on each side. E2 levels are at 3224!!!! lowered Gonal F to 100 iuiNov. 3rd, 2011: 3rd u/s shows 20 follies on each side. avrg size of 14 mm. E2 7634. Same dosageNov. 4th, 2011: 4th u/s 40 follicles, avg size 18mm. E2 11 034. Coasting. No more injections until trigger!Nov. 5th, 2011: 5th b/w. E2 14000+. HCG triggerNov. 7, 2011: ER, 22 eggs retrieved, 20 mature, 1 borderline, 1 immature.Nov. 8th, 2011: only 3 fertilized :(Nov. 9th, 2011: assessment, 5% risk of OHSS, very minimal fluid. Good for transfer. 3 embryos at 5-cell stageNovember 10th, 2011: transferred two 8-cell embryos. Froze one compounding 10-cell embryo.Nov. 21st, 2011: BETA 7. BFN. End of the road for this cycle.May 11th, 2012 : start suprefactMay 25th, 2012: start estradiolJune 7th, 2012 : U/S, lining between 8-8.9mm.June 8th, 20120: Good to go for FET. Start progesteroneJune 9th, 2012: off to CalgaryJune 11th, 2012: FET. 3 day 7 cell embryo. Start the 2WWJune 24th, 2012; HPT. BFNJune 26th, 2012: scheduled pregnancy test

March 2016: Starting process for IUI using sperm donor. TSH 1.7, CMV -. FSH 5.6.Day-21 Prog 22.9. Medicated IUI(Clomid CD3-CD7). OPK and BBT used. Not using a fertility clinic or fertility doctor. 1st IUI May 8th,2016 (MOTHERS DAY!), 2nd IUI May 9th, 2016. HPT at 10DPO BFP. Beta #1 at 11 dpo= 41. Beta #2 at 14dpo = 325. Beta #3 at 16dpo = 889. First u/s scheduled for June 2nd. th_abfp.gifth_abfp.gif

#458 IVF rookie

IVF rookie
  • Global 100+
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:58 PM

I have heard it works and the osteopath told me it works for many women. But I think they don't usually like to do it until you've hit your due date. It's a couple special points specifically for induction so just make sure the person knows where that is. (one on each hand, one on each foot and two in my low back). After coming home from the appt I felt kinda wobbly for better word. Just kinda off, tingly, light headed and a little crampy. He told me that sometimes it'll take a couple appointments so we're planning to arrange for another one on Thursday if this one doesn't work. And if that doesn't work, I'll be induced on Saturday as per the original plan! I was just hoping to be able to go into labour naturally, but as long as babe is healthy that's all that matters!

#459 Laurak

Laurak
  • Global 100+
  • 154 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:17 AM

Thank you Yellowknife, ivf rookie and just relax!!! I'm so in love as you see on my Instagram account. She's so perfect. I've been exclusively breastfeeding. Getting her to latch with a wide mouth has been tough. She's drinking no problem but I have really sore nipples. I really recommend lactation classes if you're offered them. Or ask your pediatricions to refer you to one. Maggie has already passed her birth weight! She is now 6lbs 12oz! I cannot wait for you girls to experience this!!!!!

Continue to take Tylenol/Advil every 6 hours after birth for like a week!! I was lucky to be healing really well...although I think I tore a stitch from being constipated. And yes, you poo on the delivery table because that's just how you get the baby out (push like your having the biggest bowel movement of your life) And yes your vagina looks totally huge and swollen...but fear not, it does goes back down. And yes, you get haemorrhoids!!! Oh the joys of delivery!! But I assure you it's all worth it. Sorry if that was tmi!! She'll be one week tomorrow and I almost feel 100% aside from my stitched area. High fiber diets after girls!!

Can't wait to see who's next!!!! Xoxo
  • Cassandra_Angela likes this

#460 Cassandra_Angela

Cassandra_Angela
  • 1000+
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:47 AM

Birth is beautiful and disgusting all at the same time. When I popped a stitch I realized that I was then leaking from three different areas of my body.... my boobs, my incision and my lady bits - how hot is that giggle.gif

Have any of you given any thought to the baby blues and how you might deal with them? Yesterday was a bit of a low day for me, my aunt left to go back home and the kids went back to school. Life was back in full swing after the calm excitement of the holdays and the birth of Beau. I wasnt sad exactly just a bit of a dull disappointment that it was over (if that makes sense)

• chantalword likes this

#461 IVF rookie

IVF rookie
  • Global 100+
  • 205 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:14 PM

Lol you ladies are so funny. I am worried about the aftermath too! Probably more than labour because at least with labour I can have an epidural!! Lol

I think one of the reasons I'm worried about hubby going back to work next week with babe possibly coming on sat/Sunday, is when those baby blues hit at day 4-5ish, I'll be home alone. :(

Laura I'm really glad that Maggie is doing so well!! :)

#462 IVF rookie

IVF rookie
  • Global 100+
  • 205 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:14 PM

Lol you ladies are so funny. I am worried about the aftermath too! Probably more than labour because at least with labour I can have an epidural!! Lol

I think one of the reasons I'm worried about hubby going back to work next week with babe possibly coming on sat/Sunday, is when those baby blues hit at day 4-5ish, I'll be home alone. :(

Laura I'm really glad that Maggie is doing so well!! :)

#463 Yellowknife

Yellowknife
  • Global 100+
  • 278 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:09 PM

So I just had an appointment with doc and asked to be put off work due to my pubic pain and she wouldn't. So disappointed :(

I'm also measuring 5 cm too big! i've always been about 2cm over, but now im at 5, so she's sending me for an ultrasound to get an idea of how huge this baby is (or if its excess fluid).

anyone have any idea what too much fluid would mean? I can't rememeber what they told us during our prenatal classes...

#464 IVF rookie

IVF rookie
  • Global 100+
  • 205 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:10 AM

I can't believe she wouldn't give you a note to get off work! That's crazy to me. I hope you can manage.

I've been measuring on the small side of average all along so don't know much about measuring too big. I do know plenty of people though who were induced because they measured as having 9lbs babies and when they came out there weren't even close to that. I'm not sure about excess fluid either, just been hearing that not enough fluid is bad.

AFM went and did ultrasound and non stress test today at the hospital and everything looked good. Hoping that the full moon or the Friday the 13th brings baby out before having to go through the induction but either way she'll be here this weekend! Going for another acupuncture treatment Thursday morning so hopefully that works!!! :)
  • Laurak likes this

#465 Cassandra_Angela

Cassandra_Angela
  • 1000+
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:18 AM

Yellowknife I was measuring big too and thought she'd be a big baby but I just had a lot of fluid. Doctor didn't seem concerned about it.
  • Yellowknife likes this

#466 Yellowknife

Yellowknife
  • Global 100+
  • 278 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:28 PM

Yellowknife I was measuring big too and thought she'd be a big baby but I just had a lot of fluid. Doctor didn't seem concerned about it.

thank you, that's reassuring :)

#467 IVF rookie

IVF rookie
  • Global 100+
  • 205 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:21 PM

Justrelax and ckat, any luck with your babes making an appearance yet???

#468 justrelax

justrelax
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:12 AM

It's a boy! I knew it! 

Our son, Finn, arrived on his due date, January 8, at 11:37pm. I must be his mama because I just think that he is the most gorgeous and perfect creature I've ever seen in my life. I have to tell you guys how we named him when I have more time. He's gonna wake up any minute now as he's due a feed. He's feeding like a champ. 

I haven't been able to update you ladies because we had to stay in the hospital. He was breathing quickly so that started 3 days of testing. It was torture emotionally. He had to have 5 rounds of blood work (which I cried more than he did), an x-ray, an echocardiogram, an EKG etc. etc. In the end they say he has a heart murmur that they assured us is common and 90% of the time resolves itself. I'm trying to hard to trust them (and NOT google it) and be so thankful that he's here and he's home...finally! 

Can't wait to hear more from all of you, especially IVFRookie and Ckat, as they're probably next. I'm so sorry you have to wait past your due date. Hoping for smooth births for all of you.  

My rookie 2 cents for Hospital Tips: Bring a super soft towel for after your first shower and consider getting a prescription for haemorrhoids (works WAY better than Preparation H) and for sore nipples (Dr. Jack Newman nipple cream is amazing but you need a script)

Sending lots of positive vibes to you new mamas and soon to be mamas and beautiful babies!!!  

• Laurak likes this

June '12- TTC

Sept-Nov '15- dIUI x3

April '16- FET = BFP!

#469 Laurak

Laurak
  • Global 100+
  • 154 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:28 AM

Just relax, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Finn is an awesom name...can't wait to hear the story behind it. First boy baby in our group!!
Seeing your child going through so many battery of tests is terrible. I believe you when you say you cried more because I did too and you feel so helpless and all you want to do is protect them. Heart murmurs usually do clear themselves. Don't google!! My husband had one for three years from birth and they didn't know it....he needed surgery by the age of four but he's 37 and has a perfect heart.
I'm glad he's eating well!! How much did he weigh??

Maggie is doing well. Mommy is too.... I've just been waking up with a headache due to lack of sleep but besides that everything is great. We have our second pediatricion apt today...wondering if she's 7lbs yet!

#470 IVF rookie

IVF rookie
  • Global 100+
  • 205 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:32 AM

Congratulations!!!! That's right, first boy!! Love his name too!! It must've been really scary with all the tests but I'm glad that it Sounds fairly common and that it should go away!

Heading in at 5pm for my Cervidil today. I'm hopeful that just MAYBE I'll go into labour after that. Someone asked about it on the What To Expect app and quite a few responses said that they started getting contractions after the cervadil was administered soooo hahaha hanging on to any hope that I can avoid pitocin!! I'm really worried about it! :(

#471 ltvixen

ltvixen
  • Global 100+
  • 131 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:AART

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:00 PM

Hi all! I'm 39 + 1 and hanging out in hospital. They put some cervidil in about 20 mins ago (being induced for gestational diabetes) and hopefully I'll be going home in an hour or so to wait and see if this starts labour! :)

Me: 35 and single

06/15 - 1st IUI - BFN

08/15 - 2nd IUI - BFN

Jan 18/16 - transferred 1x5 day blast and froze 7 more!

Feb 01/16 - BFN!

May 03/16 - FET (1 5 day embryo transferred)

#472 IVF rookie

IVF rookie
  • Global 100+
  • 205 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:55 PM

How you feeling ltvixen?

I got bumped for my cervadil because the hospital was really busy I guess. My doctor is going to call tomorrow morning and see if they have room for me to come in at 7am ish for the cervadil. Then I'll start the pitocin in the evening.

#473 ltvixen

ltvixen
  • Global 100+
  • 131 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:AART

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:09 PM

Feeling ok. *maybe* a little crampy but nothing I'd consider contractions. Worst part is my vag is tender...ever shove a dry tampon into your vagina when you're not on your period? That's what it's felt like the whole time. (Sorry if TMI lol)

Me: 35 and single

06/15 - 1st IUI - BFN

08/15 - 2nd IUI - BFN

Jan 18/16 - transferred 1x5 day blast and froze 7 more!

Feb 01/16 - BFN!

May 03/16 - FET (1 5 day embryo transferred)

#474 Cassandra_Angela

Cassandra_Angela
  • 1000+
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:15 AM

Justrelax congrats!!!!!!! A boy, first in our group isn't it?
Can't wait to hear more about how he got his name

#475 justrelax

justrelax
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:15 PM

Thanks for the congratulations. I absolutely can not believe that he is here. I just stare at him even though I know I'm supposed to "sleep when the baby sleeps" but I'm just sitting here in awe that we have a son!!!!! 

Hoping to hear some more happy updates soon. Ltvixen, when is your due date? 

Here's our journey so far: 

LauraK- Due Jan 5- Born Jan 4- Girl! 

CKat- Jan 6

IVFRookie- Jan 7

Cassandra- Due Jan 8- Born Dec 28- Girl! 

Justrelax- Jan 8- Born Jan 8- Boy! 

ltvixen-

KFNorth- Due Jan 12- Born Jan 1- Twin Girls!  

MCMiracle- Jan 13 

Yellowknife- Jan 30 

June '12- TTC

Sept-Nov '15- dIUI x3

April '16- FET = BFP!