• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HaileyVictoria

HaileyVictoria
  • Global 100+
  • 293 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:33 AM

I had an endometrioma on my ovary for 5 years....I have been through several ivf cycles where they have drained it...so I know for a fact that this was an endometrioma. Anyways ....IT'S GONE! How? Well dr. Fiona on this site nutritionalist, told me to use a vitamin called NAC 1 year ago. I google it and there are tons of studies that show it not only helps your endometriosis but has proven to shrink or get rid of endometriomas completely. I thought let's give this a shot. ..never thought it would get rid of it completely...but it did. And I am so happy!  I was stunned when the nurse didn't mention the size of my endometrioma after a few ultrasounds leading up to ivf as they typically mention the size. So I asked...and she looked through the papers and said "no cysts were found" I thought maybe they missed it so I asked if she can check the last ultrasound results and she said nothing was found then either. Still thinking that maybe they missed it, I asked the ultrasound tech yesterday while she was measuring my follicles as I'm currently doing an ivf cycle and she said "nope...no cyst at all". This is definitely a great way to start my cycle!  If you have an Endometrioma PLEASE try NAC. Google it...you will see the studies!
  • kristeen033 and CdnHockeyGal like this

March/11 - Diagnosed with stage IV Endometriosis

July/13: IVF cancelled - overstimulated (60 follicles on one ovary :S

October/13: IVF Cycle #1.1 - Starting in October with a new protocol - Superfact (.1) & Gonal F (187.5)

October 26/13 - 20 eggs retrieved - 7 fertilized

All 7 embryos growing strong! Grade 2 - and all between 6-8 cell!

They are all still grade 2 - and all on schedule!

October 31/13 - HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Transferred 2 beautiful embabies (3AA & 3AB) 2 snow babies (3BB & Morula) smile.png

November 8/13: Very sad news th_abfn.gifsad.png

Taking a nice looooong break - I need this more than ever! smile.png

FET - July 22/14 Transfered 2 embryos (3BB & Morula)

Beta - July 31/14 th_abfp.gif In comeplete shock! Beta 67 

Beta - August 5/14 Beta: 395 - Doubling every 48hr yahoo.gif

Beta - August 11/14: Beta: 15 sad.png Miscarriage at 6 weeks. Devastated 8388.gif

Switching fertility clinics to Dr. Virro - Looking forward to doing immunity testing!

October 14/14 Start 3 months of Lupron

December 5/14: Immunity testing came back: Low antibodies. Will be doing treatment before next IVF (LIT + IVIG). This could be the reason for my previous miscarriage. Happy to have an answer and move forward! smile.png Doc gave me a 67% success rate! laugh.png 

IVF 2: May/15: Feeling great about this one! biggrin.png 
April 23/15: 100 Gonal F (later switched to 75) 1 orgalutran needle, Menopure 75

9 Eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilized

Day 3: everything looking great - all 8 cell. Two embryos are grade 1, three are grade 2

Day 5: Transferred 1 excellent embryo (4BB) Day 6 I had 1 more to freeze (5BB)
HPT: 7dpt & 10dpt   th_abfp.gif

Beta May 21: 291
Bleeding and passed a huge tissue. Beta May 22: 57. Confirmed another early miscarriage sad.png

September 28: Surgery to remove a large septum and dr. V did an endo scratch. 2 months of hormone replacement.

**Looking to do a couple rounds of Lupron and then my next FET in January** Will confirm this during my next appointment

#2 DrFionaMcCulloch

DrFionaMcCulloch
  • Physician
  • 842 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:White Lotus Naturopathic

Posted 12 May 2016 - 03:31 PM

That's great! Glad to hear it helped.

There are some excellent studies on NAC! 

Dr. Fiona McCulloch, BSc., ND : Naturopathic Doctor, Integrative Women's Health & Fertility
White Lotus Integrative Medicine
Greenfield Ave, Suite 201
North York, Ontario, M2N 3CBCanada
phone (416) 730-8218

#3 Highest hopes

Highest hopes
  • Global 100+
  • 583 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:McGill & ARTUS

Posted 12 May 2016 - 03:41 PM

Hi Dr. Fiona,
Can anyone go ahead and try NAC at 500mg 3 times per day, to see if it helps for endometriosis?
Or should a person speak to someone like you first to find out their medical history, what other meds they take, and would the dose be customized depending on the person?

Thanks!
Dx: Age (40+) & Endometriosis & Tubal & DNA fragmentation

IUI & IVF & FET = BFN
Pinterest: pinterest.com/aquablueglow

#4 DrFionaMcCulloch

DrFionaMcCulloch
  • Physician
  • 842 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:White Lotus Naturopathic

Posted 12 May 2016 - 10:04 PM

Hi Janice

Overall, it is better to talk to a professional before taking anything just so your entire case can be looked at in detail. 

best of luck! 

Fiona

• Highest hopes likes this
Dr. Fiona McCulloch, BSc., ND : Naturopathic Doctor, Integrative Women's Health & Fertility
White Lotus Integrative Medicine
Greenfield Ave, Suite 201
North York, Ontario, M2N 3CBCanada
phone (416) 730-8218

#5 Wishingandhoping8888

Wishingandhoping8888
  • 25 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 05 June 2016 - 12:07 PM

How long did you take the NAC supplement for? As well, did you combine it with other supplements?

Lastly, how much of a dosage are you supposed to take?

IVF #1 - Estrogen priming antagonist protocol. Poor responder. 6 eggs retrieved, 2 mature. 2 fertilized with ICSI. Transferred on Day 2 (one 4 cell and another 2 cell) - BFN

31 Years Old, deemed a poor responder with DOR due to severe endo (chocolate cyst on right ovary).

Am currently trying to figure out what worked for others in similar situations as me ?  th_agrr.gif