No replies to this topic

#1 Missmetal

Missmetal
  • 39 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:26 PM

Hi Dr. Fiona,

What are your thoughts regarding Lupron or Birth Control  Pill to suppress endometriosis prior to doing a frozen embryo transfer? Are these medications safe? I have read some pretty scary reviews regarding Lupron specifically. These medications are meant  to suppress the endometriosis but at the same time will they negatively affect the other hormones and delicate systems in my body? I am worried all these medications are actually going to make the endometriosis worse in the long term. I understand there are risks but I am so apprehensive about all these medications. I would like the opinion of a Naturopath as opposed to a Western medicine viewpoint. 

I have already changed my diet to remove meat, dairy, gluten, sugar, caffeine and alcohol to try to calm down the endo. Is there any other supplements that you would recommend as an alternative?

I do not want to set myself up for failure with the transfer but I wonder if there is a better way.

Thank you very much. 

Me 33 DH 39 married 2010 together since 2002 TTC 2012
Diagnosis: DOR & Endometriosis 
Mommy to one fur baby S and to one Fur baby Angel O you are forever in my heart❤️
Had left kidney removal April 2015
AMH: 1.2

4 months of clomid
IUI #1 Nov 2015 with clomid - BFN

DHEA prescribed for DOR

IVF#1 protocol: Suprefact, 300 Menopur, 150 Gonal F., Cetrotide. 

5-6 follies at baseline ultrasound

ER: 3 eggs - 2 ICSI did not fertilize 

1 fertilized - normal ivf fertilization