#26 vve

vve
  • Global 100+
  • 212 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:MFC

Posted 19 March 2016 - 04:50 PM

Dragnfly-good luck on your FET!

Melissa- I hope I can cheer you up and make things better for u. This is a tough journey and never any certainties, but at least we try. :) I am older than you and my numbers certainly don't look good, but at the end if it doesn't work out, at least I tried my best doing everything. Good luck and hope you feel better very soon. Xoxo

Low AMH and high FSH
Uterine fibroids- myomectomy 2015

Started IVFs in Oct 2015, due to bad response Dr. G suggested medicated IUI instead.

Did total of 7 cycles (IVFs & IUIs)

#27 Melissa182

Melissa182
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 06:27 PM

vve - your words do help a lot and I appreciate the support and encouragement. I have been thinking of you today and I really think this one will stick. It feels like girl to me, too :-) 

#28 vve

vve
  • Global 100+
  • 212 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:22 AM

Melissa, thanks and how did you know we want a girl?! Lol....we hope it will be a girl too. :)

No matter what you decide to do,I will worry and thinking of you too. ;)

Low AMH and high FSH

Started IVFs in Oct 2015, due to bad response Dr. G suggested medicated IUI instead.

#29 Melissa182

Melissa182
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 12:41 PM

LOL! Thanks for worrying for me....I already feel better :-)

#30 vve

vve
  • Global 100+
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:33 AM

No....the other two did not make it to freezing. My only hope is the one they put back in me on Sat. I hope it continues to grow and sticks.

Low AMH and high FSH

#31 Melissa182

Melissa182
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:53 PM

I am so sorry that you lost the other. Sending you (((HUGS))) and will be thinking of you today

#32 Melissa182

Melissa182
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:53 AM

vve - how are you? Sending you lots of sticky dust

#33 vve

vve
  • Global 100+
  • 212 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:46 AM

Hi Melissa, I am doing ok. I went back to work yesterday and mostly back to normal. I don't feel much difference other than my tummy is still a bit bloated. 8 more days to go....just hoping no AF arrives before Beta. I have always my Beta test before my AF arrives in the last cycles. This is the first time I am having it done after the scheduled arrival. I am usually pretty on time, not sure if the drugs are going to make any difference, but I really don't want it here before the test, it would crush my hope. 

How are you doing? 

Low AMH and high FSH

#34 Melissa182

Melissa182
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 11:35 AM

I am doing OK, thanks. Hang in there and if you need a distraction for the 8 days, let me know and we can brainstorm some fun ideas.

#35 vve

vve
  • Global 100+
  • 212 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 12:05 PM

thanks Melissa. :)

Low AMH and high FSH

#36 Melissa182

Melissa182
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 08:59 AM

Vve - how are you? Let me know how everything is going

#37 vve

vve
  • Global 100+
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:47 AM

Hi Melissa, hope you are doing well. I don't know what to tell you beside getting nervous and hoping that I won't get my period. I had some abdominal pain first few days after the transfer and I was worried that my body is trying to get rid of my baby. I think the pain is gone now. Beta test is Thursday. Normally I should get my period today or tomorrow, so I am worry. My lower back is still tight and tired. I read that the symptoms for getting period and implantation are very similar. 

I don't want to check myself because I am not sure if it's accurate and at least I can still assume I am pregnant now, don't want to lose that hope. 

How are you doing? You figure out your plan? The decision is so hard, because you never know how it's going to end but you don't want to lose the hope, yet it's so stressful...physically, emotionally and financially. We are already thinking if we should go for one more cycle if this one doesn't work out. My husband thinks that we can probably afford one more try. Luckily the drugs are mostly cover by his insurance. 

Low AMH and high FSH

#38 vve

vve
  • Global 100+
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:49 AM

dragnfly-you are on the March IVF broad too, right? I think I saw you there? Are you having your FET today? Hope everything goes well. 

Low AMH and high FSH

#39 MamaBerry

MamaBerry
  • 15 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:32 AM

Hello all.  I don't have a success story but I just got my AMH results back and I'm now at 0.1, which is pretty devastating but I'm not surprised.  I'm hoping to haunt this thread in the hopes of hearing some success stories from you wonderful ladies.

4 years TTC

Unexplained infertility turned into low ovarian reserve (1.6, in 2012)

IUI #1 - by a complete miracle it was successful!

My boy was in a rush to see the world and was born at 28w1d

10 weeks in the NICU (or I should say NICU's because we were transferred between 4 different hospitals)

February 1, 2013 - HOME!!

Back again to try for baby #2

Had my follow-up appointment and the numbers are pretty bad:

AMH = 0.10

AFC = a big whopping 0

#40 Melissa182

Melissa182
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 04:06 PM

Hello all.  I don't have a success story but I just got my AMH results back and I'm now at 0.1, which is pretty devastating but I'm not surprised.  I'm hoping to haunt this thread in the hopes of hearing some success stories from you wonderful ladies.

Hi mamaberry,

I am the one who started this thread and so I am sending you a big hug right now. PM me if you ever want to chat in more depth. I would love to know what you are thinking of doing. I live in Florida, USA so I have been spending a ton of time researching what my health insurance will and will not cover and how much I will have to pay out of pocket.

I got the AMH 0.03 ng about two weeks ago and it is STILL slowly sinking in that my chances are not good. I have to decide by April 8th if I am going to do an FET or another IVF.  I am getting a second opinion on the low AMH of 0.03 tomorrow morning.  Its hard to give up hope, but its important for me to be realistic, too. I am single and going into all of this without a partner.  As I plan all of this, I have to think about paying for maternity leave, crib, toys, car seat the increase in my health insurance deductible and day care.  I wish I had a HUGE pot of money. Haha

#41 Melissa182

Melissa182
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 04:11 PM

Hi Melissa, hope you are doing well. I don't know what to tell you beside getting nervous and hoping that I won't get my period. I had some abdominal pain first few days after the transfer and I was worried that my body is trying to get rid of my baby. I think the pain is gone now. Beta test is Thursday. Normally I should get my period today or tomorrow, so I am worry. My lower back is still tight and tired. I read that the symptoms for getting period and implantation are very similar. 

I don't want to check myself because I am not sure if it's accurate and at least I can still assume I am pregnant now, don't want to lose that hope. 

How are you doing? You figure out your plan? The decision is so hard, because you never know how it's going to end but you don't want to lose the hope, yet it's so stressful...physically, emotionally and financially. We are already thinking if we should go for one more cycle if this one doesn't work out. My husband thinks that we can probably afford one more try. Luckily the drugs are mostly cover by his insurance. 

I admire your will power and I totally understand what you are saying. I have never been that disciplined and always end up taking a pregnancy test 3 times a day, starting on day 4 after the transfer.   As for me, I keep flip flopping between just using the 5 frozen embryos that I have (out of 11, with the first six unsuccessful), or if I should do another fresh IVF. I am talking to a second doctor tomorrow morning about the low 0.03 ng AMH, which is almost undetectable.  I don't want to give up hope, but its a lot of money with a hormone level so low. The first doctor said that "chances were good" that I wouldn't get any embryos with the IVF 

#42 vve

vve
  • Global 100+
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:01 PM

I really hope I will have a success story for you ladies soon but I kinda doubted. The next few days are going to be tough worrying that I might get my period any minute.

Mamaberry-I saw your clinic is Markham too? Do you mind if I ask you who's your doctor? and are you taking any supplements? I have been taking the Ubiquinol and Royal Jelly, at least my level did not go lower after a year. I am also taking DHEA for the current cycle.

Melissa-you still have 5 frosties, you still have at 5 more chances! AMH is just an indication that our egg quantity is low but if the quality is ok, we still have a chance. I would like to know what your second doctor is going to say too, hope you don't mind sharing that.

I know base on my age, my low AMH and high FSH, my eggs are most likely lack of both quantity and quality. I don't have high expectation but I am still hoping miracle can happen.

Low AMH and high FSH

#43 Melissa182

Melissa182
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:33 PM

I will let you know. Good night!

#44 MamaBerry

MamaBerry
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:20 AM

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for your post and hugs, I really appreciate it!  I hope you get good news this morning from your second doctor.  Please keep us posted.  You are a very strong and courageous woman to be going through this on your own.  Big hugs right back to you!

The low AMH results are disheartening but don't give up hope.  I had my son through IUI in 2012, and my AMH at that time was 1.6 (pmol).  My doctor is still surprised that I got pregnant and on the first try.  When she told me my results this time she said the numbers were really bad, but they are just numbers and anything can happen (oh, and I'm turning 39 in May).  So I am going to try another IUI, around mid-April, when AF finds me.  I guess I'll see how I respond to the drugs (If I respond at all) and if this doesn't work, make a decision from there.  I think it's really great that you have 5 frosties, like vve says that's 5 more chances!

Hi vve! - I'm with Dr. Garcia, and right now I am only taking Ubiquinol.  But I also started acupuncture in January and will be going weekly from this week all through my next IUI.  I think I'm going to ask my Naturopath about Royal Jelly and DHEA (thanks for the heads up!).  I hope this last IVF cycle was successful for you!  Sorry, I don't know all the terms or acronyms yet :)  The TWW is a killer but I hope it flies by for you!

4 years TTC

10 weeks in the NICU (or I should say NICU's because we were transferred between 4 different hospitals)

AMH = 0.10

AFC = a big whopping 0

#45 vve

vve
  • Global 100+
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:53 AM

Hi vve! - I'm with Dr. Garcia, and right now I am only taking Ubiquinol.  But I also started acupuncture in January and will be going weekly from this week all through my next IUI.  I think I'm going to ask my Naturopath about Royal Jelly and DHEA (thanks for the heads up!).  I hope this last IVF cycle was successful for you!  Sorry, I don't know all the terms or acronyms yet smile.png  The TWW is a killer but I hope it flies by for you!

I am her patient too! Dr. Garcia was the one that told me to take Ubiquinol and Royal Jelly. She added the DHEA for me later. She said DHEA is still controversial, but I am willing to try everything. I still don't know if it's helping me or not though. 

Yes, I wish this cycle will work for me. 

No worries, I am still learning the acronyms too. :)

Low AMH and high FSH

#46 MamaBerry

MamaBerry
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 01:44 PM

Hi vve - I will definitely ask Dr. Garcia about the Royal Jelly and DHEA.  Its too late for this cycle, because I think you need 2-3 months before it affects egg production, but if we do decide to try again I'm ready to try every supplement there is too!

Are you able to keep yourself busy during the TWW?  And if you don't mind me asking, when are you testing?  It took a few months to get in to see Dr. Garcia and get all my tests completed, and I found myself hoping and praying I would miraculously get pregnant on my own.  So I made myself crazy during my last 2 TWW's looking up every symptom I imagined having! I'm pretty sure I'll go completely insane during the TWW after my IUI.

If you want to chat while you're waiting I'll be here :)

4 years TTC

AMH = 0.10

AFC = a big whopping 0

#47 vve

vve
  • Global 100+
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:02 PM

Hi vve - I will definitely ask Dr. Garcia about the Royal Jelly and DHEA.  Its too late for this cycle, because I think you need 2-3 months before it affects egg production, but if we do decide to try again I'm ready to try every supplement there is too!

Are you able to keep yourself busy during the TWW?  And if you don't mind me asking, when are you testing?  It took a few months to get in to see Dr. Garcia and get all my tests completed, and I found myself hoping and praying I would miraculously get pregnant on my own.  So I made myself crazy during my last 2 TWW's looking up every symptom I imagined having! I'm pretty sure I'll go completely insane during the TWW after my IUI.

If you want to chat while you're waiting I'll be here smile.png

yes, it does take 2-3 months for the supplements to work. 

and Yes I am going insane since Sunday because I am so so worry that I will get my period any moment. It's brutal every time when I go pee. I suppose to get it yesterday/today! And yes, I paid a lot of attention to my body and looking for symptoms but it's so hard. I had some lower abdominal  pain for several days after the transfer but then it just disappeared. I hope it wasn't my body trying to get rid of the little embryo. My beta test is Thursday, I really hope I will get good news this time. 

It does take a long time to see the doctor now and they are getting busier with the new funding from the government. 

I read your signature. You were really lucky and I hope you'll be lucky this round too. So Dr. G doesn't recommend IVF for you? 

Low AMH and high FSH

#48 MamaBerry

MamaBerry
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:21 PM

If you want to chat while you're waiting I'll be here smile.png

yes, it does take 2-3 months for the supplements to work. 

and Yes I am going insane since Sunday because I am so so worry that I will get my period any moment. It's brutal every time when I go pee. I suppose to get it yesterday/today! And yes, I paid a lot of attention to my body and looking for symptoms but it's so hard. I had some lower abdominal  pain for several days after the transfer but then it just disappeared. I hope it wasn't my body trying to get rid of the little embryo. My beta test is Thursday, I really hope I will get good news this time. 

It does take a long time to see the doctor now and they are getting busier with the new funding from the government. 

I read your signature. You were really lucky and I hope you'll be lucky this round too. So Dr. G doesn't recommend IVF for you? 

I hope and pray you get good news too!!  Fingers, toes, and everything crossed!

Yeah, Dr. G said I'm not a good candidate for IVF because I was on a pretty high dose of Gonal F the first time and only produced 3 mature follicles.  I think I may have had a 4th, but it wasn't mature.  She's putting me on an even higher dose now.  I just don't remember the numbers, or much of the conversation after that, because I think I was stunned by my AMH and AFC results, lol.  I am a bit (okay, maybe more than a bit) frightened that I won't produce any eggs at all.  

I know I should have tried to have a second sooner, but I had a pretty rough pregnancy and my son was sick a lot during his first 2 years.

4 years TTC

AMH = 0.10

AFC = a big whopping 0

#49 Melissa182

Melissa182
  • Global 100+
  • 242 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 03:18 PM

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for your post and hugs, I really appreciate it!  I hope you get good news this morning from your second doctor.  Please keep us posted.  You are a very strong and courageous woman to be going through this on your own.  Big hugs right back to you!

The low AMH results are disheartening but don't give up hope.  I had my son through IUI in 2012, and my AMH at that time was 1.6 (pmol).  My doctor is still surprised that I got pregnant and on the first try.  When she told me my results this time she said the numbers were really bad, but they are just numbers and anything can happen (oh, and I'm turning 39 in May).  So I am going to try another IUI, around mid-April, when AF finds me.  I guess I'll see how I respond to the drugs (If I respond at all) and if this doesn't work, make a decision from there.  I think it's really great that you have 5 frosties, like vve says that's 5 more chances!

Hi vve! - I'm with Dr. Garcia, and right now I am only taking Ubiquinol.  But I also started acupuncture in January and will be going weekly from this week all through my next IUI.  I think I'm going to ask my Naturopath about Royal Jelly and DHEA (thanks for the heads up!).  I hope this last IVF cycle was successful for you!  Sorry, I don't know all the terms or acronyms yet smile.png  The TWW is a killer but I hope it flies by for you!

Hi,

Thanks for the kind words. My AMH converted to Canada measurement is 0.2145pmol so now we can talk the same units of measurement. I got a second opinion this morning from a doctor in New York. I would have to travel to see him. He said that with my AMH as low as it is, it makes sends to use my five embryos and forgo fresh IVF.  However, he said that if I wanted to remove all doubt and "what ifs", then I needed to see what my day two, three or four follicle count is. If I have enough follicles, then the odds are good that I can produce enough eggs to warrant a fresh IVF.  He said that 16 total follicles (counting together the left and right ovaries) would be very good and a total of 2-3 follicles was very bad.  I liked that he gave me some bench marks.

I had my trial transfer today and even though I am not on  day two, three or four, I asked them to count the number of follicles. My local doctor explained that my follicle count would only go up and be higher on days two three or four. Well, I was so happy with what the doctor saw: 7 follicles on the right and four on the left for a total of 11!  I teared up with happiness

• elephantshoes and vve like this

#50 MamaBerry

MamaBerry
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 09:01 PM

Melissa that's amazing news!! I'm so happy this doctor could give you more options on what to do next. And it's great that he gave a specific range of numbers.

4 years TTC

AMH = 0.10

AFC = a big whopping 0