Photo

Canceled cycle due to clinic error - how to be compensated?

ivf spain

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lilyofthevalley

lilyofthevalley
  • 13 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:McGill

Posted 13 March 2016 - 01:23 PM

Hello,

My husband and I did a round of IVF in Spain. They made an error and gave me very very low dose of stim meds so I only produced two tiny follicles. When they saw the poor results they initially blamed me for taking the wrong dose of meds... but clearly the emails show it was their error. Once they realized this, they upped my dose very much but it was too late to save the cycle. They refunded us for the IVF related exams (1500 euros) but it seems more fair to have our entire costs returned to us (12,000 euros) - meds and monitoring visits included. Since their error resulted in a canceled cycle, what recourse do we have? This was an extreme financial burden, not to mention the emotional devastation and subsequent fear and mistrust in any new REs. We are Canadien permanent residents and French citizens. Thank you very much.

#2 CdnHockeyGal

CdnHockeyGal
  • Super Moderator
  • 6,112 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, baseball, travel & starting a family
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Heartland, Sanford, SIRM

Posted 13 March 2016 - 02:47 PM

I'm so sorry to see your post Lilly - that's devastating. I can't imagine how upset and disappointed you and your spouse must be. You might want to consider contacting Sherry directly as this would strike me as a lay person to be a fairly complex case whoch would be beyond the scope of this forum. I suspect this may also will involve Spanish law and potentially require you to have representation in both countries if you're thinking of pursuing legal action. I hope you're able to come to a satisfactory resolution with your clinic.
  • mouse and gibasgirl like this

We've tried lots of things for a long time. None of them have resulted in a viable pregnancy.

#3 lilyofthevalley

lilyofthevalley
  • 13 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:McGill

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:52 AM

OK, that sounds like good advice. I'll contact her directly. 

Thanks for your support!

• CdnHockeyGal likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ivf, spain