#1 Highest hopes

Highest hopes
  • Global 100+
  • 583 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:McGill & ARTUS

Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:53 PM

Hi!

1. If count is high and DNA fragmentation is ok, but morphology is low...

Then when retesting/monitoring, can DNA fragmentation be skipped?  and just regular analysis + morphology be redone?

2. Also, could you advise on what is the lowest percentage for morphology which is ok to proceed with for ICSI?

Thanks

Dx: Age (40+) & Endometriosis & Tubal & DNA fragmentation

IUI & IVF & FET = BFN
Pinterest: pinterest.com/aquablueglow

#2 From0to3

From0to3
  • 93 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:45 PM

Highest Hopes - came across this and wanted to give you my experience. My husband had a high count but genesis told us his morphology was 1 percent. I was freaked of course. He has 2 boys from a previous marriage and thus proven fertility so of course I was confused and scared. Well his boys have not dissapointed and have had four pregnancies 2 and hopefully now 3 resulting in live birth. My eggs were always well fertilized without icsi. I tell you this as 4 years ago I was lead to believe that his morphology was a disaster and I would need icsi and it would be tough. With solid numbers, a low morphology may not be that bad. : )
  • Highest hopes likes this

IVF#1:17 Eggs, 4-5 Day Blasts: Transferred 2: th_abfn.gif

FET#1: Transferred 2: th_abfp.gif m/c@9weeks th_agrr.gif 

IVF#2: 5 Eggs, 5-5 Day Blasts: Transferred 2: th_abfp.gif Boy/Girl Twins born DEC 2013 babygirl.gif babyboy.gif 

FET#2:Transferred 1: th_abfp.gif Baby Girl born July 2016 babygirl.gif  

2 Frosties Remaining.

#3 Highest hopes

Highest hopes
  • Global 100+
  • 583 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:McGill & ARTUS

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:49 PM

Thank you From0to3. Do you know at what point (0%?) they would not want to proceed with a cycle?

My doc mentioned something about below 4% being a problem but I will need to clarify exactly what he meant, i.e. does that mean they wouldn't proceed...

Dx: Age (40+) & Endometriosis & Tubal & DNA fragmentation

IUI & IVF & FET = BFN
Pinterest: pinterest.com/aquablueglow

#4 From0to3

From0to3
  • 93 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:59 PM

4 percent is optimal and considered 'normal'. A lot of men don't meet that mark for whatever reason but usually age and lifestyle. My husband was 45 when my embryos were created and not a spring chicken (I was 36). At 1 percent there was never any talk of not proceeding by the RE just that icsi may be our only option. Before collection every glass of wine he had made me cringe thinking it was going to make his morphology worse - but it was completely inconsequential (but like I said his count was high and swimmers at 70 percent). They seemed to downplay these positives though. I think even with 0 morph if the other numbers are solid they would go ahead with plans to intervene with icsi if the eggs weren't fertilizing.

IVF#1:17 Eggs, 4-5 Day Blasts: Transferred 2: th_abfn.gif

FET#1: Transferred 2: th_abfp.gif m/c@9weeks th_agrr.gif 

IVF#2: 5 Eggs, 5-5 Day Blasts: Transferred 2: th_abfp.gif Boy/Girl Twins born DEC 2013 babygirl.gif babyboy.gif 

FET#2:Transferred 1: th_abfp.gif Baby Girl born July 2016 babygirl.gif  

2 Frosties Remaining.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: semen, analysis, andrology, sperm