#51 Macy J

Macy J
  • 12 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:TCart

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:51 AM

Thanks Schlepp, I will keep you updated smile.png

Hi returnable,

Yes you can walk yourself out but you will be really drowsy. My husband actually had to fly in for the retrieval and I'm glad that he did because as soon as we sat in the car I passed out till we reached Kitchener and went back to sleep till 8 PM and then literally dragged myself out of bed for a couple of hours!

If you need to go back to Whitby, please take someone with you.

All the best with your protocol and keep us posted smile.png

• returnable likes this

#52 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3349 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:57 AM

Elle22 - We are on a private cycle, and they also made us watch the videos. I don't think the treatment level you get depends on whether you pay or not.

#53 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3349 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:01 AM

Thanks for the info Macy J. No worries, husband is coming with me as he has to do his part as well and will be fussing over me. We just thought we'd rather take the GO and not worry about parking and driving on an already stressful day.

During our last appointment, the doctor mentioned talking to the person who is in charge of PGS. Has anyone done this? I'm not sure what questions I would have. It was suggested to talk to this person before our next appointment with our doctor.

#54 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 27 May 2016 - 11:12 AM

returnable - We are meeting with the PGS coordinator to discuss it next week. We still haven't decided and will base our decision on the number of mature eggs retrieved at ER. Most of my questions are about the cost and when we have to decide. And the US clinic fee is for 8 embryos tested over 9 months so you could use it for multiple cycles in that window. I am not sure if that is the case for the fee at TRIO or if you have to pay it for each cycle. 

If you end up with a low number of embryos it seems like a huge cost for them. I guess it also depends on if you're going to do a fresh transfer or not. 

(age 38) June 2016 IVF #1 antagonist, 13 mature eggs, 4 fertilized, 1 blast frozen

October 2016 FET #1 cancelled, thin lining

Changed clinics

(age 39) April 2017 FET #1.1 BFN

July 2017 partner has vasectomy reversal

Feb & March 2018 - Medicated IUI x2 - BFN (even with 7 mature follicles on the 2nd IUI)

(age 40) May 2018 IVF#2, lupron flare, 7 mature eggs, 5 fertilized, 1 blast & 1 morula fresh transfer, BFN. 1 low quality blast frozen

June 2018 IVF#3 mini stim, 1 egg, immature

Sept/Oct 2018 IVF#4 antagonist with HGH - CANCELLED due to high estrogen/29mm cyst

Oct 2018 IVF#4.1 antagonist with HGH - 7 eggs, all mature, 6 fertilized, 2 blasts on day 6, PGS tested/euploid

November 2018 FET #2 w/immune protocol and 1 PGS tested -  BFN

Locus Medicus testing for virus, bacteria and immune issues. Husband treated.

(age 41) April 2019 IVF#5 converted to IUI#3 due to follicle growth. BFP 12 day post IUI. Di/Di twins.

Dec 17 2019 - Baby boy and girl born at 36 weeks + 2 days. Everyone very healthy. 

See my 'about me' page for more detail on my treatment history.

#55 Hope15

Hope15
  • Global 100+
  • 313 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 27 May 2016 - 07:58 PM

Hope everyone is holding up well... It looks like our group is getting bigger with more members...

AFM- I No longer have to test my hcg levels as of Wednesday, my number is at 1! Now, I'm just going to finish decorating my home, and I've started running again. Till I build up my courage to go for it again.
  • schlepp likes this

2015 3 IUI = BFN 
Funded cycle IVF March 2016
April 2016 ectopic pregnancy.
June FET BFN. Chemical th_angrywife.gif

August BFP 1 beta 636 2nd beta 1526 fx for being in the right place.

Ultrasound 1 of many Aug.25 (happy birthday to me?)

Ultrasound # 2 Sept. 2

DS April 2017

project sibling Due June 2019

#56 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3349 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 05:30 PM

Hope sorry to hear of your struggles. I am also a runner. What distances do you run? I've got a 10.55k race next week. Managed to squeeze it in before my CD1 around end of June and start of mess.
  • Hope15 likes this

#57 Hope15

Hope15
  • Global 100+
  • 313 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:02 AM

Hope sorry to hear of your struggles. I am also a runner. What distances do you run? I've got a 10.55k race next week. Managed to squeeze it in before my CD1 around end of June and start of mess.

thanks returenable..

i used to run 5k a day then life got in the way so i'm a bit heaver than a year ago :( . i've been slowing building it up running 3k 3days a week. i'm hoping to make it to 5k 5days a week in 2weeks

2015 3 IUI = BFN 

Ultrasound # 2 Sept. 2

DS April 2017

#58 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 07:59 AM

returnable and Hope 15 - I'm just getting back into running although years ago I did half marathons. I'm currently doing 1 min walk/ 1 min run on the treadmill. Find I have to ease right in or I get injured. Right now it feels like running in molasses for the 1 minute!

• Hope15 likes this

(age 38) June 2016 IVF #1 antagonist, 13 mature eggs, 4 fertilized, 1 blast frozen

Changed clinics

Feb & March 2018 - Medicated IUI x2 - BFN (even with 7 mature follicles on the 2nd IUI)

(age 40) May 2018 IVF#2, lupron flare, 7 mature eggs, 5 fertilized, 1 blast & 1 morula fresh transfer, BFN. 1 low quality blast frozen

Sept/Oct 2018 IVF#4 antagonist with HGH - CANCELLED due to high estrogen/29mm cyst

Oct 2018 IVF#4.1 antagonist with HGH - 7 eggs, all mature, 6 fertilized, 2 blasts on day 6, PGS tested/euploid

(age 41) April 2019 IVF#5 converted to IUI#3 due to follicle growth. BFP 12 day post IUI. Di/Di twins.

Dec 17 2019 - Baby boy and girl born at 36 weeks + 2 days. Everyone very healthy. 

#59 Hope15

Hope15
  • Global 100+
  • 313 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:19 AM

returnable and Hope 15 - I'm just getting back into running although years ago I did half marathons. I'm currently doing 1 min walk/ 1 min run on the treadmill. Find I have to ease right in or I get injured. Right now it feels like running in molasses for the 1 min

Schelpp- staring it off is the most important which you're doing. to be honest, i'm surprise i' m able to run for the length of time i am currently this soon because its been awhile for be but at the same times its helping me stay positive.

2015 3 IUI = BFN 

Ultrasound # 2 Sept. 2

DS April 2017

#60 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3349 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:27 AM

Schlepp, I easy into as well. And it felt like running through molasses. Like Hope15 says, it's all a matter of starting. I also used to to half marathons, but find the half a half a good distance to keep fit, and to fit in my training before work. What usually happens though is I have my race end of May/beginning of June, and then stop running, and then start again in the winter. I started out with the 1 min walk/1 min run as well at the beginning of February. I work it up to 10 min run/1 min walk, and that is how I run the race. I find it helps prevent any injuries. I combine this with doing yoga after every run (ranging from 5 to 40 min depending on the time I have).

Running helps me to manage my stress, and it also makes me feel good (after the fact - some days I don't won't to step out the door, but I have my schedule on the fridge and am accountable to it). This year I am planning on setting a maintenance schedule for my running so that I don't have to start from scratch next year, and also to help me deal with all the emotions of IVF cycles.

The slower the ramp up, the better. For the body, but also for not giving up as you don't set your goals beyond reach. The most important thing is consistency.

Great that I found two fellow runners on here. Oh, and I'm not fast, I just "get 'er done".

#61 Hope15

Hope15
  • Global 100+
  • 313 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 05:28 PM

how's everyone holding up?

2015 3 IUI = BFN 

Ultrasound # 2 Sept. 2

DS April 2017

#62 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 06:54 PM

Hope15 - FET time? How is it going?

AFM I am on day 7 of stims. Got a good ultrasound report today which was a huge relief. Day 5 there was almost nothing and my blood work wasn't great. So they upped my meds but it was like 48 hours of me freaking out that I wouldn't respond and we would have to cancel. This process is such an emotional roller coaster. 

Everyone at the clinic has been super helpful and nice. I feel like when you're not actually cycling it is difficult to figure out how things work there but once you're on a cycle it is easier. 

Changed clinics

#63 Hope15

Hope15
  • Global 100+
  • 313 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 07:40 PM

I'm glad to hear you've received great reports on your counts. It is super stressful, and emotional. At times my husband did not know what to do with me when I was on the meds... My advise would be to stay positive and try to relax as much as possible.

AFM- if you can believe it, I decided to take a chance and go for it. I had my blood work today, and have started the process for FET. If all goes well, transfer will be end of month.

2015 3 IUI = BFN 

Ultrasound # 2 Sept. 2

DS April 2017

#64 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3349 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 01:22 PM

Schlepp - glad to hear of your numbers getting better. I hope I have your sentiment once I start a cycle. Like you before cycling, I'm feeling like I don't know what is coming at me and when.

Hope - I'm glad that you are feeling better and will be doing FET. What is the protocol like? Which CD# do you start on?

We were supposed to meet with Dr. Cadesky this week, but my CD1 was delayed and had to do my FSH and AFC on CD3, so decided to push the appointment until next week...so an extra week wait to find out my protocol. I know everyone goes through this but I feel like I'm in a vacuum and I don't know what will happen next. This whole process has taken so long and I just think things could be a bit more efficient in the system in terms of getting all the tests out of the way, etc.

#65 CattyMom

CattyMom
  • Global 100+
  • 166 posts
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:07 PM

Hi ladies,

I'm going to be transferring to TRIO, just waiting to schedule a consult with Dr. Laskin! We had 5 unsuccessful embryo transfers and 1 miscarriage at 10 weeks at Aurora in Saskatchewan and are now looking into PGS testing so we have to cycle out of province.

Any tips for dealing with TRIO? (I think every clinic has it's own quirks and communication hoops to jump through...)

#66 Hope15

Hope15
  • Global 100+
  • 313 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:41 PM

Schlepp - glad to hear of your numbers getting better. I hope I have your sentiment once I start a cycle. Like you before cycling, I'm feeling like I don't know what is coming at me and when.

Hope - I'm glad that you are feeling better and will be doing FET. What is the protocol like? Which CD# do you start on?

We were supposed to meet with Dr. Cadesky this week, but my CD1 was delayed and had to do my FSH and AFC on CD3, so decided to push the appointment until next week...so an extra week wait to find out my protocol. I know everyone goes through this but I feel like I'm in a vacuum and I don't know what will happen next. This whole process has taken so long and I just think things could be a bit more efficient in the system in terms of getting all the tests out of the way, etc.

I'm on Estrace 2x a day for 5 days then move up 4x a day on day 6 for another 6 days. Then check my lining... I started CD3 as per usual.
  • returnable likes this

2015 3 IUI = BFN 

Ultrasound # 2 Sept. 2

DS April 2017

#67 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3349 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:38 AM

Hi ladies,

I'm going to be transferring to TRIO, just waiting to schedule a consult with Dr. Laskin! We had 5 unsuccessful embryo transfers and 1 miscarriage at 10 weeks at Aurora in Saskatchewan and are now looking into PGS testing so we have to cycle out of province.

Any tips for dealing with TRIO? (I think every clinic has it's own quirks and communication hoops to jump through...)

Just expect to do a counselling appointment as they have it as mandatory before they start IVF. So far I have found the communication clear, though of course have not cycled yet. Good luck. Like with all clinics, it is the process that takes a while, though you should have all your testing complete I assume.

#68 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:02 AM

returnable - We didn't do any counselling appointments. Was this at Trio?

I agree on the length of time. We got a referral last summer and I'm cycling right now. In our case this has worked well for us timing wise as we weren't prepared to move that quickly and we also wanted to wait and see if we got a funded cycle. I think if we had been motivated and willing to pay we probably could have cycled in February. 

CattyMom - I am in the middle of my first cycle there so might have more feedback later. We are going for ER tomorrow. I would definitely prepare yourself for somewhere that is very busy. Make sure to stop them and ask questions if you're not clear on the procedures. I keep feeling like I don't want to bother them but then realise I don't have clear written instructions on much of the process so I need to ask. And then ask again if I'm still unsure. I've been misdirected a couple of times so it pays to advocate for yourself and ask questions. I really like my nurse which has been a plus once we actually started the cycle. 

I've found the IVF monitoring to be fairly efficient all things considered but I haven't been at any other clinics so I have nothing to compare it to. Good luck! We are going to use PGS testing if we have more than 3 embryos to test. I'm trying not to get ahead of myself as often people have no embryos to test. Trying to be realistic. 

Changed clinics

#69 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3349 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:18 AM

Schlepp - good luck tomorrow! I keep following the progress of the June group to mainly give me a heads up for next month. Yes, Trio made us do a counselling appointment saying it was mandatory before proceeding with IVF. Perhaps its only SOME doctors at Trio? DH grumbled about it, and it was yet another cost on top of all that has come and will come. We did not find it overly useful as we communicate well and support each other.

CattyMom - as I have probably mentioned to you before, we do all our monitoring at Lakeridge Fertility, and only do the consults, ER and FET at Trio, so I don't have to worry about Trio too often.

AFM, we have our protocol appointment in less than an hour...so nervous. We'll find out all our results and what to expect next.

#70 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3349 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 11:39 AM

Well I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed right now. Ahhh the ups and downs of IF. My supposed protocol appointment ended up being a discussion of results. My AMH was only 1 (supposed to be 6-7 for my age) and my DH fragmentation was at 37% (<25% is good). Doctor has me going on DHEA hormone, and hubby will be taking a male fertility supplement.

Our next appointment is end of August...so disheartened right now. I know everybody has their battles.

#71 schlepp

schlepp
  • Global 100+
  • 935 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:40 PM

returnable - I feel for you! I have sat through those conversations and they are tough. They gave us such terrible numbers. I did way too much googling after. Some it was actually good as I saw a lot of hope in couples with similar issues that were successful. Did you get your FSH and antral follicle count (AFC)? AMH may be the new gold standard but it is also so new that they don't have a lot of data on it yet. Take some time to be upset and then make sure you rally and start reading some positive stories. It really helps. 

Changed clinics

#72 CattyMom

CattyMom
  • Global 100+
  • 166 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:51 PM

We just got a call from the Calgary clinic, much closer to us, and they can schedule our consult for July 28. TRIO scheduled us for Aug. 9. My husband doesn't want to pay for the travel + fees for two consults so now I don't know what to do! Anyone have experience with both clinics?

#73 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3349 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:43 PM

returnable - I feel for you! I have sat through those conversations and they are tough. They gave us such terrible numbers. I did way too much googling after. Some it was actually good as I saw a lot of hope in couples with similar issues that were successful. Did you get your FSH and antral follicle count (AFC)? AMH may be the new gold standard but it is also so new that they don't have a lot of data on it yet. Take some time to be upset and then make sure you rally and start reading some positive stories. It really helps. 

Thanks Schlepp. My AFC was 14 and FSH 8. I had a bit of a cry today. We did a phone consult and my DH's phone wasn't working, but luckily I recorded the call so he could listen after. He took the news to be a bit less negative than I did in that the doctor is hopeful we can still work through to IVF hopefully.

Good luck tomorrow morning.

#74 Hopefulrealist

Hopefulrealist
  • Global 100+
  • 885 posts
  • My Clinic:TRIO

Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:58 PM

Hey ladies
Just catching up with this thread. I did a cycle with Trio in April (wasn't successful b/c all of our 6 embryos were abnormal after I added PGS last min, totally heartbreaking and a big shock but glad I did it). Overall I found that they were a bit overwhelmed and sometimes not as informative as I would have liked, seemed a bit chaotic - but I don't have another good option since I deal with an off site clinic who is only affiliated with them. I'm going to give them another shot!!
Returnable - sorry to hear about the results. I think schlepp had good advice. Although you might not have the same response to meds as someone with higher AMH that doesn't mean you can't be successful. This whole process is also partly about luck I think! I have started Ubiquinol and Vit D as suggested by my RE. Supposed to help with egg quality.
Schlepp - good luck tomorrow!! The procedure is not bad. I was sore/bloated for a few days after but that's bc I was hyper stimulated a bit. Hope all goes great!
Catty - I have heard great things about the Calgary clinic. One of my cycle buddies used them and they were super organized and call you daily with lab reports. I think they have a good reputation. Best of luck deciding.

Hope - hope this is your time! How long is the FET protocol? When is your transfer?

pM me if you guys have any questions
  • returnable likes this

Me- 32 33 34, DH - 33 34.35.Two Failed IUIs (2015). IVF#1 - BFN. IVF#2- Sept 2016 (Freeze all/PGS). FET#1 Jan 2017 - BFN. FET#2 July 2017 - BFP. 

#75 CattyMom

CattyMom
  • Global 100+
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 10:06 AM

Thanks Hopefulrealist. We are aiming toward Calgary because of ease of travel. I left a message with TRIO this morning to see if we could do a phone consult with Dr. Laskin instead of flying out. Both clinics have all the information from our last IVF cycle and I will be getting all my tests done at Aurora in the next couple weeks, so hopefully things will move quickly once we choose.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TRIO