276 replies to this topic

#276 Cristine

Cristine
  • 1000+
  • 1,340 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility Centre

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:54 AM

amsk - I can't give you any success stories because I haven't been down this road just yet but just want you to know that I am thinking of you.  Have you done any immune testing?  I know that immune issues can cause recurrent miscarraiges and implanation problems.  You may have already done this but just thought I would ask.  Sending strength to you my friend.

More details on our infertility journey in 'About Me' page

Me: 40, DH: 43

TTC for many years - severe male factor - Obstructive Azoospermia

DEIVF in Zlin, Czech Republic - March/April 2017

Jan 25 - AF arrives, start BCP

Feb 21 - Lupron Depot shot

Mar 13 - start Estrace (2mg 3x per day)

Mar 29 - ER, 16 eggs retrieved!  DH MESA successful...3 straws frozen

Mar 30 - day 1 update:  all 16 eggs mature, 13 fertilized.  Yahoo!

Apr 3 - ET - transferred 2 grade 1 blasts - I can't believe it!  Now on to the 2ww!

Apr 11 - mustered up the nerve to POAS after a brief episode of spotting.  Instant BFP.  Oh...my...God.  In complete shock.

Apr 12 - official test day:  beta @ 9dp5dt = 238! 

Apr 13 - beta #2 @ 10dp5dt = 557

Apr 15 - beta #3 @ 12dp5dt = 1473

May 3 - viability scan @ 7 weeks - TWINS!  Baby A @ 139 bpm, Baby B @ 169 bpm

May 17 - 9 week ultrasound, both babes doing wonderful (both heartbeats 182 bpm) 

#277 amsk

amsk
  • 25 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Repromed and Ovo

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:40 PM

Thank you so much for the support Cristine. It means a lot. I am struggling with the immune question. My doctor seems not to believe in it. And there are all kinds of other suggestions that people have, like endometrial receptively tests, for example. Choosing to use a donor egg in a way was easier because everyone seemed to agree that it was a good idea and would get results. I am now scheduled for another transfer in April. I am struggling between just trying again hoping my luck is better this time, or trying these things that are not really all that well supported in the research as far as I can tell...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: donor egg, donor sperm, ivf, iui, surrogacy