• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 britt14

britt14
  • 10 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:56 AM

Hello, 

I have heard great things about both Fertilaid for men and also Fertile Pro... I was just wondering if anyone has had success with either of these and if they would recommend it? Currently my hubby is on a multi vitamin, vitamin C, fish oil with omega-3, and zinc. 

thanks in advance!

#2 CdnHockeyGal

CdnHockeyGal
  • Super Moderator
  • 6,231 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, baseball, travel & starting a family
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Heartland, Sanford, SIRM

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:33 PM

Worked great for my hubs!  We used Fertilaid & acupuncture.  This being said...I (being a lay person) would consider Fertileaid & Fertile Pro interchangeable.  I just happened to order one rather than the other.  Good luck!

We've tried lots of things for a long time. None of them have resulted in a viable pregnancy.

#3 lumnay

lumnay
  • Global 100+
  • 690 posts
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:50 AM

Wow, it's impressive how cooperative your DH is. A few years ago mine used Fertilaid and Motility Boost for several months in a row and his numbers improved but then he stopped all of sudden (and that's when we started fighting more frequently but that's a different story). I still believe that maybe our chances (doing IUIs) would have been better had he not stopped taking them.

I wish you all the best.
  • CdnHockeyGal likes this

Who stole ambushed my stork?  So many failed cycles with nothing to show but bills, receipts, and empty bottles of medications/herbs/supplements. See my profile for details... 

Kindly save your sticky vibes and baby dust and send them to those who are new and excited in this journey. 

#4 CdnHockeyGal

CdnHockeyGal
  • Super Moderator
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:30 AM

He's a good guy. :)

We've tried lots of things for a long time. None of them have resulted in a viable pregnancy.

#5 britt14

britt14
  • 10 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:22 PM

Thanks girls!
We also tried fertiaid for men wjen we first started ttc. For some reason after the first 2 bottles were gone he stopped. 1.5 years later we are taking it a bit more serious so ready to try again! I just heard of fertilepro.

Maybe one of you girls can answer this question I have to...
I am Femera, (cd 5-9) and on cd 8 I had ewcm, never usually have much cm, took a OPK and it was positive (Af ended on cd3) since cd 8 I continued taking opks to be sure, well every day since then it's been positive. So 5 days of positive opks.
I don't have pcos...

#6 CdnHockeyGal

CdnHockeyGal
  • Super Moderator
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:52 PM

Huh...sorry britt...I think those qs can only be answered by u/s monitoring to see what's going on...

• britt14 likes this

#7 Murried

Murried
  • Global 100+
  • 334 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:10 PM

We used fertilaid but didn't notice any results. I've read on a few other sites that Fertility Blend works for men, but if taken by women can mess with their cycles. 

TTC since January 2013

July 2016 - IVF Cycle, Antagonist Protocol. 125 gonal F

15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 8 fertilized, Freeze all due to OHSS - 4, day 5 frosties

Sept 2016 - Mock Cycle 

Oct. 2016 -  Mock Cycle, repeat for P4 levels

Natural Cycle FET #1 - Dec. 17th 2016 - BFN

Natural Cycle FET #2 - Mar. 12th 2017 - BFP

#8 MandyA

MandyA
  • 49 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:AART

Posted 30 May 2016 - 04:27 PM

My husband (will be in a little over a month) had some improvement with Fertilaid for Men, CountBoost and Motility Boost, but he has severely low sperm count.

Then we won a one month's supply recently, and he only took it for a week or so and just stopped.  Didn't refuse, just seemed to forget. So I gave up trying to give it to him. He was on something or other every day for a year or two there.

Even I've stopped everything but Vitex (I got lazy about putting them together every week), though I have some vitamins and supplements that I want to make my way through, don't want to waste the money.

In the Fairhaven fertility package we won, I also got a month worth of Fertilaid for Women, Fertile CM, OvaBoost, and there were two Fertile Detox, one for each of us. I stopped taking the Fertilaid because it messed me up a fair bit, I felt very off. Luckily, it didn't mess up my cycles too much. I have read horror stories. I took the OvaBoost and Fertile CM till they were done, still making my way through the Fertile Detox ones. I have to wonder if the men's formulas are safe for women to take... L-Carnitine and L-Arginine plus Ashwagandha seems to be safe as long as you're not pregnant. Not sure about some of the other herbs.

See my "About Me" page.  smile.png 

I've created a natural fertility Facebook group for Halifax and Nova Scotia:  https://www.facebook...47599005269377/