Photo
- - - - -

info re:Dr. Mahutte or Montreal Fertili?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jana

jana
  • 281 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Montreal Fertilify Center

Posted 25 October 2007 - 09:57 PM

Hello!

I`m wondering why there are so few postings about the Montreal Fertility Centre. My husband and I are planning ivf and icsi for the first time early 2008. I would like to know if anyone has had any success there. What are the differences between Montreal Fertility Centre and Mcgill? Does anyone have information re: Dr. Mahutte (he took over prior to the death of MFC's founder, Dr. Biljan) ? Thank you for your response and good luck!

#2 Duck

Duck
  • Cyclebase
  • 1,845 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Repromed

Posted 27 October 2007 - 04:39 PM

Hi Jana,
I've been seeing Dr.Mahutte since about July, and my husband and I are big fans of his and the clinic. He came to montreal from the states,where he was a prof at dartmouth medical school. His wife is also an RE at the clinic, and it has a small family oriented feeling. Even the secretary is nice, and remembers your name.

We did one iui in August, BFN, and are about to start ivf cycle next week.
What i like about the Montreal Fertility centre is that whenever i go there for u/s it is always with the RE! As i have severe endo and have been to many many many gynos, this was the first time i met with a doctor who was kind, understanding and never in a rush.
Please feel free to email me if you have any questions!
Nadine

Diagnosed with endometrosis at age 19

5 pelvic surgeries

2 IVF, numerous FETs

2 different gestational carriers

Now mother of 2 year old twins.

#3 jana

jana
  • 281 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Montreal Fertilify Center

Posted 29 October 2007 - 09:12 PM

Hi Nadine,

Thanks for your reply. My husband and I also got a very good feeling about Dr. Mahutte when we went to the clinic and plan to stick with him to start ivf after the holidays. Good luck with your ivf cycle! Monica

Hi Jana,
I've been seeing Dr.Mahutte since about July, and my husband and I are big fans of his and the clinic. He came to montreal from the states,where he was a prof at dartmouth medical school. His wife is also an RE at the clinic, and it has a small family oriented feeling. Even the secretary is nice, and remembers your name.

What i like about the Montreal Fertility centre is that whenever i go there for u/s it is always with the RE! As i have severe endo and have been to many many many gynos, this was the first time i met with a doctor who was kind, understanding and never in a rush.
Nadine

#4 lunacath

lunacath
  • 119 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Montreal Fertility Centere

Posted 28 November 2007 - 01:11 PM

We used to go there. Our son was conceived there 4 years ago, on our 4th IUI. Our friends got pg on their first IVF at 41. We were there with Dr. Biljan, who has since passed away. We are going there for either IUI with injectibles or IVF in the summer, after horrible expereinces with Conceptia in Moncton (we now live in Saint Jhon, New Brunswick). How is the new staff? Is it still one Dr. and one nurse, that folow you, I love that.
Catherine, ttc#2
ttc#1 from 2000-2003
Consult and treatment with Montreal Fertility Centre starting January 2003
Diagnosed Annovulatory February 2003, also used Donor sperm as I have a DW
IUI #1 & 2 clomid February & March 2003, BFN
IUI#3 Femara and Puregon, BFN
IUI#4 Femara, Puregon, and Prometruim BFP
DS born April 23, 2004

ttc#2 Since June 2007
Consult and treatment with Conceptia starting in June 2007
Diagnosed as normal fertility June 2007, says baby reset my clock
July 2007: IUI#1 natural, BFN AF came at 11dpiui
August 2007:IUI#2, with Prometruim BFN
September 2007 cycle lost because RE would not start meds without a new consult and did not see me in time for this cycle!
October & November 2007: IUI#3 & 4 100mg Clomid, low dose aspirin, and Prometruim, both BFN
Breaking until Summer 2008 going to Montreal Fertility Centre for IUI with Injectible.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Duck

Duck
  • Cyclebase
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 05:28 PM

Hey Catherine,
There is still one nurse, she's very nice - it will be my first ivf, so i don't know how involved she is. When i did my iui cycle i just saw the RE.
The new staff are awesome! Both RE's are very kind and understanding.

N.

5 pelvic surgeries

2 IVF, numerous FETs

#6 whant2bamom

whant2bamom
  • 16 posts
  • My Clinic:Montreal Fertility Clinic

Posted 14 December 2007 - 12:19 PM

I was also under the care of Dr. Biljan and his wife, Diane, who was the nurse at the clinic. They were the 2 most amazingly dedicated people I ever met! Dr. Mahutte and his wife have big shoes to fill! I did have the opportunity to meet him and have a discussion as to what he recommends as a treatment plan for me and my husband. I feel that he's knowledeable and I feel that we're in good hands. Anyone who has been under the care of Dr. Biljan and Diane, and experienced their personalized care and utmost dedication towards their patients, probably feels the same hesitation I do about being under the care of another doctor. I can't believe that a man as generous as Dr. Biljan was taken from this earth so early on in his life. His main role in life was to give life. Life can be so cruel!
Me: 31
Dh: 33
TTC: 3.5 yrs
Cause: Unexplained - all tests came back "normal"
6 cycles BD'd w/ fertility meds - 2 of those cycles were combined w/ IUI's - all 6 cycles were BFN
RE suspected MF - thought that sperm were not able to penetrate the egg
IVF#1 combined with ICSI - short protocol began taking meds CD 3
Stimmed w/ suprefact and puregon
8 eggs were retrieved - 3 of which were immature
3 eggs were done w/ ICSI - all fertilized
other 2 eggs were left to fertilize normally- both fertilized
1 embryo stopped developping second day after retrieval
2 embryo's were rated "good" quality and other 2 embryo's were of "poor" quality
decision was made to transfer all 4 on day 3 after retrieval - cycle ended in BFN
IVF#2 planned for jan or feb
RE recommends we try the long protocol where begin taking meds CD 21

#7 lunacath

lunacath
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 05:26 PM

Whantobeamom: When were you in treatment with Dr. Biljan? I was in treatment in 2003. Which resulted in my Son. What treatments did you have and where are in your treatment plan now?
I went to a different clinic for ttc#2 as we moved provinces. And what a difference, they did not have individualized treatment, I never knew what dr. or nurse I would see, and sometimes they did not know what the other was doing. I am glad you like Dr. Mahutte. I am looking forward to meeting him this summer. Having individualized treatment and good technology will be a step up from where we were.
Catherine, ttc#2
ttc#1 from 2000-2003
DS born April 23, 2004

ttc#2 Since June 2007
September 2007 cycle lost because RE would not start meds without a new consult and did not see me in time for this cycle!
October & November 2007: IUI#3 & 4 100mg Clomid, low dose aspirin, and Prometruim, both BFN
Breaking until Summer 2008 going to Montreal Fertility Centre for IUI with Injectible.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 whant2bamom

whant2bamom
  • 16 posts
  • My Clinic:Montreal Fertility Clinic

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:49 AM

Whantobeamom: When were you in treatment with Dr. Biljan? I was in treatment in 2003. Which resulted in my Son. What treatments did you have and where are in your treatment plan now?
I went to a different clinic for ttc#2 as we moved provinces. And what a difference, they did not have individualized treatment, I never knew what dr. or nurse I would see, and sometimes they did not know what the other was doing. I am glad you like Dr. Mahutte. I am looking forward to meeting him this summer. Having individualized treatment and good technology will be a step up from where we were.

Hi Lunacath,
I was in treatment from 2005 to Feb 2007 - I've been on break since then. We did 5 cycles with clomid, puregon and suprefact - 2 of which were done in combo with iui's. I had 1 ivf/icsi cycle in Feb 2007 - 8 follicles were retrieved, 2 were immature. The remaining 6 were split into 2 groups - ivf and icsi. All 6 fertilized but 2 stopped dividing early on. 4 embryo's of medium quality were transferred and none implanted. My DH and I needed a break and plan to move on with ivf#2 in Jan 2008. I was a little upset when I heard that there were 2 RE's now b/c I don't want to be juggled b/w doctors. Hopefully, I will stick with Dr. Mahutte since he's the one I had the consult with. We'll see what happens. Good luck to you!
Me: 31
Dh: 33
TTC: 3.5 yrs
Cause: Unexplained - all tests came back "normal"
6 cycles BD'd w/ fertility meds - 2 of those cycles were combined w/ IUI's - all 6 cycles were BFN
RE suspected MF - thought that sperm were not able to penetrate the egg
IVF#1 combined with ICSI - short protocol began taking meds CD 3
Stimmed w/ suprefact and puregon
8 eggs were retrieved - 3 of which were immature
3 eggs were done w/ ICSI - all fertilized
other 2 eggs were left to fertilize normally- both fertilized
1 embryo stopped developping second day after retrieval
2 embryo's were rated "good" quality and other 2 embryo's were of "poor" quality
decision was made to transfer all 4 on day 3 after retrieval - cycle ended in BFN
IVF#2 planned for jan or feb
RE recommends we try the long protocol where begin taking meds CD 21

#9 lunacath

lunacath
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 10:19 AM

WHants2Bamom: I think you will have the same dr.. When I talk to Elaine a few months ago, she told me they are still committed to Dr. Biljans policy of 1 dr and 1 nurse following you. I want to wish you the best of luck.
I am following everyone cycles `at MFC. As I make my decision as to whether we do IVF or IUI with injectibles. And I love the feedback I got from Nadine. It sounds like the new team is great.
I knew Dr. Biljan was sick, but was shocked he died so fast, I guess he was sick longer than anyone knew. I feel so bad for his wife Diane and their daughter.
Catherine, ttc#2
ttc#1 from 2000-2003
DS born April 23, 2004

ttc#2 Since June 2007

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Duck

Duck
  • Cyclebase
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 07:22 PM

want2bamom,
Hiya, I've been going to MFC now since August, and I only see DR Mahutte for all my ultrasounds and stuff. THe only time I saw his wife was when they did the second mocktransfer and Dr Mahutte wanted her help, so they both were with me (which was really incredible and is probably why they found my uterus).
As for nurses, I have only seen the nurse twice, and that was just during the mock transfers, she seemed really nice but, I don't remember her name.
Actually I don't think I would go anywhere else to cycle.
I'm staring burselin in January too so looks like we will be cycling together - you should come join us over on the dec/jan cycling buddies :)

5 pelvic surgeries

2 IVF, numerous FETs

#11 clauabad

clauabad
  • 8 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:MFC

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

Hi Jana,

Nadine

Hi Nadine,

I begin with Dr Mahutte a new IVF this week and I would like to know your experience with the clinic. Do you have success in this clinic?

Thank you,

Claudia.

#12 clauabad

clauabad
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:55 AM

Hi,

Someone with Dna fragmentation of 33% sperm. Can get pregnant?
I want to know treatments for that. I'm in MFC and Dr Mahutte told me it's not important but I read in Internet that it could be one reason only one egg fertilize good from 5 or 9. Do you have experience with that issue?
Thank you,

#13 clauabad

clauabad
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:18 AM

I know the clinic will close in few days. Does someone know when they reopen?
Thank you,