1282 replies to this topic

#51 C-Ross

C-Ross
  • Global 100+
  • 308 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility centre Calgary

Posted 28 February 2016 - 03:54 PM

My transfer will potentially be end of March, but AF has a tendency of not cooperating so we may end up in April. I'm in both groups for now until we have a better sense of when things will happen :)
  • Sunshine124 likes this
IVF November 2015 - transferred 1 blast - resulted in bfn (8 frozen - 5d embryos)
FET March 2016 - first BFP but ended at 11weeks (ultrasound showed embryo stopped at 8w4d)
FET Oct 2016 - transferred 2 and BFP

#52 Sunshine124

Sunshine124
  • Global 100+
  • 753 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:37 PM

Either way, I hope you stick around, the more the merrier and you'll be one of the first to transfer so we'd love to cheer you on.  :) 

Me: 47, SMBC with DS - 2 years 5 months

See About Me for HX

FET #4 2016 - final embie eusa_pray.gif 
March 5th - start Suprefact
​March 19th - start Estrace 
​April 1st - Lining at 8.9mm
​April 4th - start PIO
​April 8th - Transfer one 4bb blastocyst
​April 20th - 12dp5dt (4w3d) beta is 920 !!  Eeek!!
​April 26th - 18dp5dt (5w2d) beta is 21449 !!  Triple Eeek!!
Some bleeding so a third beta was ordered
​May 2nd - 24dp5dt (6w1d) beta is 116643
​May 6th - 6w5d U/S showed one bean measuring 7w hb 134  <3
​May 19th - 8w4d U/S showed one bean measuring right on track CRL 21mm hb 163

​May 30th - First OB appt. saw baby on bedside u/s <3

June 6th - 11w1d Last min u/s to measure cervix 3cm and baby doing great, measuring ahead 11w5d

​also had 2nd OB appt. and was given a ton of blood req's

​June 16th - 12w4d NT scan all normal, NT @ 1.4 baby measuring ahead 13w1d, preventative cerclage put in

​June 27th - 3rd OB appt. 

June 30th - 14w4d U/S measuring 1 day ahead with hb of 155

​July 4th - 4th OB appt. second half of genetic blood work due this week

​August 11th - 20w4d U/S

p4Fsm7.png

#53 RNSurrogate

RNSurrogate
  • 1000+
  • 1071 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:47 PM

Sunshine-stinks you had to pay for that! All the little costs add up quick!!

Tammy-once again said to see you in this group but happy to be cycling with a "buddy". I pray we all get extremely lucky this time!!!

Afm: found out my protocol this 3rd transfer is totally different from my other FEt's. It's only roughly 2.5 weeks. But I am doing Lupron. Really curious how that all works out.

For anyone that did the single Lupron depot injection. How does that protocol look? I wonder if that is what mine will be? Otherwise, how could they be ready for transfer so quick???

My journey to parenthood started in 2005.

1st child-BFP Jan 2006, delivered baby girl Sep 21st, 2006

2nd child BFP May 2007, delivered baby girl Jan 16th, 2008

3rd child BFP August 2008, delivered baby girl May 5th, 2009

4th child BFP March 2010, delivered baby boy on Nov 4th, 2010 

Journey to surrogacy

September, 2013-started looking into what it is and how it works

October, 2013-Hubby on board with my dream to help someone else with their dream

Nov, 2013-First Skype with surrogacy agency

Jan, 2014-Matched with IP's

Feb,2014-Met IP's and had Psych eval.

March, 2014-Fly to clinic for medical clearance exam

April, 2014-Complete Legal contract

April, 2014-Start Lupron and BCP's

May 17th, 2014-start several other meds several times a day. ouch!!

May 22nd, 2014-Transfer of one boy 5day blast with assisted hatching

May 27th, 2014-First BFP, very faint so I don't count this one

May 28th, 2014-Bright BFP, my official one

June 3rd, 2014-First beta 927 12 DP, 5DT<p>

June 6th, 2014-Second beta 2122. 15dp5dt woohoo!

June 10th, 2014-Third beta 5,925 19dp5dt

June 15th-ER visit due to fainting and confusion. Ultrasound showed one baby, HR 115(they are now unsure if it was mine or the baby's), Beta 16,xxx

June16th, 14-U/S showed one baby still. Couldn't get a good HR but they say it's really hard at this point.

June 24, 2014- Final ultrasound before release to regular OB=One healthy baby and a strong heartbeat!

July 1st and 3rd u/s showed severe subchorionic bleed. Great...

July 7th, sch is better but still severe. Baby is good HR 168.

July 11th, U/S to check bleed-much improved

july 17th u/s-bleed is almost 100% gone!

NTS July 28th (12+3 weeks)-Everything looks great! Parents are thrilled!

Aug 17th 3am-IF slips away from this world due to an unexpected heart attack. Everyone is heart broken. sad.png

Morphology scan Sep 25th (20 weeks, 6 days) Everything is perfect with their baby boy.

Induction on Feb 2nd, 39+3 weeks. Aidan is here! 7lbs, 7oz. 21inches long. Intended mother is now THE mother. smile.png

Second journey!

New agency approval June 10th, 2015-Matched with wonderful couple from NY July10th, 2015.

FET of one PGD tested embryo Fall of 2015

August 17th-completed legal contracts

August 18th medical screening-passed!

Sep 6th-started Lupron and estrace one week later

Sep 27th-prog, Medrol, doxy

Oct 2nd-FET one 5-day PGD embryo

Oct 6th-faintest BFP on FRER, oct 7th-much darker bfp!!!

Oct 12th-10dpt Beta 241

Oct 15th-13dpt Beta 905------Oct 19th-17dpt Beta 2758----Oct 20th started bleeding and cramping

Oct 21 ultrasound showed gestational sac and yolk sac measuring right on target! Beta is 4377!! SCH is the culprit. But my dr thought there were 2-3 other gestational sacs as well (possible splitting early on). Not sure if that affected the end outcome or not. 

Oct 30th-HB ultrasound----everything was beautiful. Baby is growing right on track and perfect HB

Nov 16th-IP's flew in from NY for first OB visit and u/s. Baby's HB was 211.

Nov 19th-No HB, baby had developed hydrops. PGD normal but baby was too small to check for a non-genetic cardiac problem or do an autopsy so we got no answers.

Nov 23rd, 2015-D&C at 10+1 weeks. Everyone is so sad. IP's didn't want to move forward with another try.

2nd journey 2.1       2016

Independent Surrogacy arrangement.

Start short med protocol on March 28th

Mid-cycle lining check april 7th-everything is perfect! 10mm lining. IVF protocol calls for no blood work or other u/s

April 19th, 2016-Transfer of 1, 6day embryo

April 28th-Beta 9dpt5dt--

#54 Sweetone

Sweetone
  • Global 100+
  • 324 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:CREATE/local OB/FCC

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:59 PM

I do the single shot of Lupron. Basically I induce a period, then 2-3 weeks of BCP, then do an ultrasound, Lupron that evening.
Wait for period to come again 4-5 days later and start estrace on cd 3. Then estrace for 2 weeks, ultrasound for lining check, start progesterone and transfer 5 days later.
Perhaps they are skipping the BCP and starting with Lupron. That would be a 3 week prep then.

#55 tammylj

tammylj
  • Global 100+
  • 297 posts
  • My Clinic:SDFC

Posted 28 February 2016 - 11:42 PM

Hi RN! Are you working with the same IPs?

Tammy: 43 - Adhesions/DOR/MTHFR/Hypothyroid/No Tubes
DH: 45 - Low everything

TTC#1 - 16 years, finally financially able to try IVF. IVF#1 BFP! DS born Feb 2011
TTC#2 - 4 years, 10 ART cycles, 6 transfers. OE frosty m/c, 1 donor embryo BFN, then tubes removed due to hydros. New match and 2 BFNs & 1 m/c w/donor embryos. Third match with 10 donor embies. Transferred 2 blasts May 12, 2016. See about me for more details.

#56 tammylj

tammylj
  • Global 100+
  • 297 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:58 PM

Just catching up on the posts from when the thread was started. 

Lua - Thanks for starting the thread. April 1, what a great day to transfer. smile.png I am also very nervous about twins, but we will also transfer 2 at the recommendation of our RE and due to many past failures. Everything is out of pocket for us as well. Just saw that you are also in San Diego! Glad your SHG looked good. Sorry for the unorganized coordinator. My FETs are $3960. I use Estrace but my RE allows generic and I've never had an issue with generic. I use 2mg and they are little oval pills. My clinic routinely uses Lupron, but I refuse it now. I have used it 3x and now I just flat out tell them I won't take it. No need for it if you ask me. 95% of women will be surpressed with estrogen alone. Some clinics throw in Lupron as an extra layer of caution.

Melissa182 - I'm sorry for your 3 failures. Not fun at all. I really hope this next one is successful for you!

Hyacinth21 - I hope you are able to transfer in April! I'm sorry to hear about your BFN.

ltvixen - Welcome! 7 frosties is great!

Amesw - Hope you get to transfer in April!

justrelax - I'm sorry that it looks like your transfer didn't work. Hopefully April will bring you success.

Sunshine124 - Hi again! I'm also not the naive person that I was back when I did my first IVF in 2010. And yes, beta and u/s limbo is definitely a special brand of hell. As you know, been through it twice and I'm so sorry you went through it even once. I know how you feel about being neutral. I'm already talking about the next 3 transfers as if none will work. I think we will try 2 transfers with these donor embies, and then one last hoorah with the embryos in the Czech Republic we have reserved. Then we will have to stop. Just can't keep throwing money at this. So sorry for the additional fee. 

sweetone - Another familiar name. Also using donor embryo! So sorry about the chemical and hope this cycle is successful! And what a tough thing to be around those going through abortions.

Kadie-lee - Welcome!

RiverRat - So sorry for the BFN. Hope AF shows up soon! Your name looks familiar to me as well.

RNSurrogate - Hi again! After reading your posts, it looks like you may be helping new IPs? I so admire you. So glad you won't have to travel this time! I absolutely can relate to that pain. It's been very hard for me lately. It has even gotten to the point where seeing other IFers be successful is getting hard. I feel like I'm becoming way too bitter. There was a fellow IFer that transferred the same day as me in Oct and she was successful. Very hard to see her updates since I would have been due on the same day as her.

WishinNhopin - Yet another familiar name. Sorry your March FET was cancelled. Hoping for great things in April! Pregnancy announcements are really tough.

Hopefulrealist - Love your screenname! I've done the endo biopsy a couple times. It can be pretty painful, but it only lasts a few seconds so it is bearable. Good luck to you!

Raine101277 - Welcome!

AFM - Nothing new. Just waiting for the donors to sign the contract. Should be this week!

TTC#1 - 16 years, finally financially able to try IVF. IVF#1 BFP! DS born Feb 2011
TTC#2 - 4 years, 10 ART cycles, 6 transfers. OE frosty m/c, 1 donor embryo BFN, then tubes removed due to hydros. New match and 2 BFNs & 1 m/c w/donor embryos. Third match with 10 donor embies. Transferred 2 blasts May 12, 2016. See about me for more details.

#57 Lua

Lua
  • Global 100+
  • 197 posts
  • My Clinic:HRC Fertility

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:13 PM

tammylj, sounds we have a lot of similarities in our protocols. Lupron is expensive and I looked through my old meds from previous cycle, I found a brand new bottle of Lupron I never used. What a waste of money. So you are smart to reject it.

This is exciting as we approach our special dates.

As for me, I started Lupron 10u & baby aspirin 81mg yesterday. I stop the stupid BCP tomorrow. 4.5 wks (4/1/16) until transfer day for me. Baseline ultrasound on  the 2/26 went well and lab results were normal.

I feel I am addicted to this website, even  though I do not post much I am definitely keeping up with everyone's update.

~Me 37 DH 34~
-Ectopic:5/09 (natural surprise)
-3 Clomid cycles-2012 all BFN
-IUI: 2/13-BFN
-1st IVF- 2013-successful (DS) Transferred 2day6blast (5left)
-2 BFPs-Both miscarriages 5/15 & 10/15 (natural surprises)
-1st FET-2016-successful (DD) Transferred 2day6blast (3left)
-2nd FET- Jan 31st 2019 trying for baby #3 from the same batch

#58 RNSurrogate

RNSurrogate
  • 1000+
  • 1071 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:05 PM

Sweetone-thank you! I'm on only active bcp right now and they told me not to have any more periods for now. So she said we'd start meds between March 29-31 and then transfer April 15th. So not even 3 weeks. But I bet it's a similar protocol to what you described. Thank you for that info!!

Tammy-different IP's. My last couple ultimately told me the miscarriage was my fault because I was a bad patient. Broke my heart because I'm a nurse and I loved their baby girl so much. I would never have not followed EVERY instruction the RE gave me. Plus the baby had a rare condition not caused by anyone! So I rematched. Very hard to do. Love this couple already and praying it works again!

Journey to surrogacy

October, 2013-Hubby on board with my dream to help someone else with their dream

June 15th-ER visit due to fainting and confusion. Ultrasound showed one baby, HR 115(they are now unsure if it was mine or the baby's), Beta 16,xxx

June16th, 14-U/S showed one baby still. Couldn't get a good HR but they say it's really hard at this point.

June 24, 2014- Final ultrasound before release to regular OB=One healthy baby and a strong heartbeat!

Aug 17th 3am-IF slips away from this world due to an unexpected heart attack. Everyone is heart broken. sad.png

Morphology scan Sep 25th (20 weeks, 6 days) Everything is perfect with their baby boy.

Induction on Feb 2nd, 39+3 weeks. Aidan is here! 7lbs, 7oz. 21inches long. Intended mother is now THE mother. smile.png

Second journey!

New agency approval June 10th, 2015-Matched with wonderful couple from NY July10th, 2015.

Oct 12th-10dpt Beta 241

Oct 15th-13dpt Beta 905------Oct 19th-17dpt Beta 2758----Oct 20th started bleeding and cramping

Oct 21 ultrasound showed gestational sac and yolk sac measuring right on target! Beta is 4377!! SCH is the culprit. But my dr thought there were 2-3 other gestational sacs as well (possible splitting early on). Not sure if that affected the end outcome or not. 

Oct 30th-HB ultrasound----everything was beautiful. Baby is growing right on track and perfect HB

Nov 19th-No HB, baby had developed hydrops. PGD normal but baby was too small to check for a non-genetic cardiac problem or do an autopsy so we got no answers.

Nov 23rd, 2015-D&C at 10+1 weeks. Everyone is so sad. IP's didn't want to move forward with another try.

Mid-cycle lining check april 7th-everything is perfect! 10mm lining. IVF protocol calls for no blood work or other u/s

#59 tammylj

tammylj
  • Global 100+
  • 297 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:08 PM

RN - I am so sorry they blamed you :( You are so giving to find new IPs after going through that.
  • RNSurrogate likes this

#60 Lilybug

Lilybug
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:18 AM

Hey ladies! I'll be joining the April FET club hopefully. I just did my first IVF round, my retrieval was on Sunday, and we had 7/10 fertilize. We're doing a freeze all) (male factor genetics requiring us to do testing) and if cycles are all normal I should be transferring around the end of April! Goodness luck everyone!
  • Raine101277 likes this

#61 Sweetone

Sweetone
  • Global 100+
  • 324 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:24 PM

So I got my confirmed protocol last night. Transfer scheduled for April 9th. This just got real...really fast. Planning to transfer 2 day 5 blasts.
Booked flights last night as well. Exciting stuff!! Westjet had some good sales on!! I have to connect twice but oh well.
  • Lilybug, RNSurrogate and Soontobemoms like this

#62 Sunshine124

Sunshine124
  • Global 100+
  • 753 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 10:12 PM

RNS ~ That does sound like a short protocol, sounds like the one time Lupron shot cuts 2 to 3 weeks off?  I start suppression on Sunday and transfer is April 6th which is the shortest protocol I've had but it's still 4 weeks. I'll have my fingers crossed so tight this transfer works for you and the IP's.  So sorry to hear how the previous IP's behaved, it had to have been an emotional time for all but that's no excuse for treating you poorly. I know you were as heartbroken as they were and felt responsible enough without them accusing you.  I'm glad there was some closure with the heart defect as hard as that would have been to face, it's better to know than for it to be "one of those things that happens".  Hugs to you.

tammy ~ here's wishing the next embie is the one and you won't need to go to the CR.

Lua ~ I love this website too! I've always gotten a lot of great support in these forums.

Welcome Lilybug! That's a great number of embryos, are they all developing nicely?

Awesome news sweetone!  It's always nice to get next steps and have some progress.

AFM ~ I picked up my meds and am getting prepared to start Suprefact.  I'm a little nervous that I might not be able to keep up the 5 times a day schedule and kind of puzzled that the pharmacist said she's seen other women with the exact same product only sniffing twice a day in one nostril at a time whereas mine is both nostrils 5 times a day.  I wish I knew more about all these meds we are putting into our bodies and whether they are truly necessary.   That being said, I asked for extra progesterone support and managed to get it. I was told that it's unclear whether it will make a difference or not and I was told there's no evidence of what the right level is but I'm pretty sure I've seen a scale that outlines what is an acceptable level for various stages of pregnancy.  It's clear that P4 is necessary to support baby until the placenta takes over so they must have some idea of what levels are the "right" levels. So when it gets to that stage I'll be doing the PIO shots and have the option of also doing the Endometrin vagipositories.  

See About Me for HX

​April 4th - start PIO

June 6th - 11w1d Last min u/s to measure cervix 3cm and baby doing great, measuring ahead 11w5d

​June 16th - 12w4d NT scan all normal, NT @ 1.4 baby measuring ahead 13w1d, preventative cerclage put in

​August 11th - 20w4d U/S

p4Fsm7.png

#63 asta

asta
  • 27 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 02 March 2016 - 10:15 PM

Hello ladies,

I'd like to join you if you don't mind.  After many failed IVF attempts over the years, I had my first FET last month and just got BFN on Monday.  I am moving on to donor embryos.  My clinic has an anonymous donor embryo program and should be able to match me pretty quickly for a transfer toward end of April.  I am still debating if I should take a month off of all medication and do the transfer in May instead or should I just go for it in April.  I am not excited about April or May transfer because it would mean if successful, the baby would be born in dead of winter and around holidays and I really don't want to do that to my kid.  But I am also anxious to get started and get this over with so I can start living my life again with a baby.  This infertility/IVF journey has been making me crazy over the years and it's all I think about and plan around.  

Have any of you gone from failed FET immediatelly to next cycle?  Would you mind sharing your experience if you have?  My last clinic required at least one month between cycles which ended up being more like 3-4 months between transfer.  

I am going to borrow what Sunshine said earlier and say that I would give both of my ovaries to have a LO and my left ovary to just get a BFP.  I have never been pregnant, never got the 2 lines on pregnancy test and I am scared that I won't even be able to get pregnant with donor embryos.  My clinic does the basic testing and everything was fine.  I am not sure what other testing would be needed to see if my body is killing the embryos once they are inside me.  Anyone has experience with this?

A~

#64 WishinNhopin

WishinNhopin
  • Global 100+
  • 774 posts
  • My Clinic:Mt. Sinai fertility Clinic

Posted 03 March 2016 - 07:30 AM

I hate seeing familar names popping up in these groups. 💔 just adds to the many unsuccessful months..for me it's nov. Dec jan and we I consider frb/March because of af not showing up and causing me to lose my funded spot.

Asta I'm sorry about ur bfn (hug). & I too have never in my life got a two liner...it's so heartbreaking...all I've asked for was to give me a chsnce to show the world how incredible of parents my dh & I would be....not asking to win the lottery...not asking for the world...I'm just asking to get a viable pregnancy and deliver a healthy baby so I also can get on with my life. It consumes us all.

Afm-I have Day 10 bloodwork and u/s tomorrow for my endometrial biopsy/scratch so I'm heading to toronto after my acupuncture appt. ..then another appt for u/s bloodwork & my wtf/info session on wed. I thought this next process should have been less appts. ..it's not working out that way!

#65 RiverRat

RiverRat
  • 70 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 03 March 2016 - 10:53 AM

Wishin- I agree, it's hard to see familiar names pop up. But it's comforting to know that we're all not alone in this.

Yesterday wasn't a great day. My clinic called with my protocol which is great, but I a m currently 14 days late and if AF doesn't get her (sorry for the language) shit together we're going to have to wait until May. At the beginning of this process I was excited. Now, I am terrified of yet another BFN. We've only got 2 frozen embryos left, and after this we're done, and it scares me that I will never be a mother.
Today hasn't shaped up to be any better. My clinic made an error on our charges on our last cycle (a difference of $300) and I received a phone call looking for the money. I became very frustrated with the clinic. We've given them over $20k in ok 6mths and they're looking for a measly $300?! Nothing with this whole process has gone right for us. I pray our luck comes soon.

Me: poor egg quality DH: unsuccessful vasectomy reversal surgery

IVF #1- Septmeber 2015 BFN 

IVF #2- January 2016 BFN

FET #1- May 2016 BFN

#66 asta

asta
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:24 PM

Thanks Wishin!  I am using donor embryos this time around.  The way I feel right now and have felt since I started this journey is that I will be done when I have a baby in my arms, not until then.  So hopefully the donor embryos will get me there next time.  I can't keep doing this indefinitelly because it's incredibly expensive and all out of pocket for me.  I am crossing my fingers for all of us that the next time is the one that will result in a baby.

AF showed up last night which would've been my Beta #2 if I had positive one on Monday.  Grr!  The only thing predictable and right on schedule in this infertility journey has been my AF.  Nothing else.  So now I have 3 days to decide if I am going to take a month off from all medication and do my transfer in May or just go for it in April.  My protocol will be the same as last time so I would been looking at transfer sometime after April 13th.  

#67 Sunshine124

Sunshine124
  • Global 100+
  • 753 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 12:56 AM

Welcome Asta! So sorry for BFN ... I really hope this next round brings you success!

WishinNhopin ~ how did everything go? FX the endo biopsy is the key to your success!

Ugh RiverRat I feel for you. It sucks when you are ready to go and get delayed. Wear white pants in a room full of people, that outta do it! :P

I start Suprefact tomorrow! This is becoming a whole lot more real all of a sudden. I had fun setting the alarms on my phone to remind me because I am staying in one province right now but driving over the border into another every day for work and it's an hour ahead. But I think I have it figured out, two of my alarms are set 5 hours difference instead of four. I may be an hour out here and there taking it but I'm sure it won't matter too much. Good luck to everyone starting meds this week!

See About Me for HX

​April 4th - start PIO

​August 11th - 20w4d U/S

p4Fsm7.png

#68 Lilybug

Lilybug
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:26 AM

Welcome Lilybug! That's a great number of embryos, are they all developing nicely?

4 were high quality and made it to freeze. We are getting additional pgs screening done due to some potential genetic issues, so hopefully we get good news there. I'd like to be able to transfer two, but it only takes one to come back normal for a chance (or so I keep telling myself). ☺

#69 RNSurrogate

RNSurrogate
  • 1000+
  • 1071 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:33 PM

Sunshine-I'm so excited for you! You've got this, girl! It has to be your turn! And you started your meds! That is definitely when reality sets in. I hope the time goes by fast for you! Are you staying busy?

Asta-so sorry about your bfn. I'm sure this af is bittersweet. Sucks. I say go for it! I know a lot of people that do back to back cycles and still get pregnant. I think if the success rate was lower then the RE would recommend waiting.

Riverrat- hope af has shown up by now! What the heck?! I know the meds have jacked me up too. I've heard of some doing a dose of progesterone to trigger their period. Have you asked your RE about that?

Wishin-how did your appt go??

Afm: not much new. My IM is stimming now and will have retrieval next week mon-wed sometime. I can't wait!!! I still have about 2 weeks before I have my saline ultrasound and then start meds in 3 weeks

Journey to surrogacy

Second journey!

Oct 12th-10dpt Beta 241

#70 asta

asta
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:44 PM

Thanks Sunshine & RN Surrogate. After so many BFN I really was hoping for my first BFP. I am hoping next time will be the time. I told my nurse coordinator that I will be ready whenever they match me with the righ donor embryo so I started BCP on Saturday so that I am ready to go when we make a match which will hopefully be in April. This infertility journey is not easy so I appreciate all the ladies on the forum sharing their experiences. Makes me feel less alone and defective since I can't do this natural way.

#71 tammylj

tammylj
  • Global 100+
  • 297 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:06 PM

asta - Welcome! I am also using donor embryos.

Sunshine - Does seem more real once you start meds!

RN - Hoping your IM has a great retrieval!

AFM - Contract was suppose to be done today, but so far nada. Maybe tomorrow. Sigh.

#72 Sweetone

Sweetone
  • Global 100+
  • 324 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:14 PM

Hey all.
Well baseline ultrasound is booked for Wednesday morning. I Will stop BCP and take a shot of Lupron that night. Anxious for AF to start but I am pretty sure it will right on time with the Lupron and stopping BCP.
RNsurro: so exciting that IM is stimming. Praying for lots of eggs at retrieval.
Sunshine I know all too well trying to travel and make sure meds stay on time. Good luck with that
Asta: welcome. BFN just suck no way around it. This is my 3rd try and I am so sick of staring at white HPT sticks. Ready for a BFP.
Tammy: I too am waiting on finalization of contract but all documents in so I know it won't be long.
Feeling a bit moody this week (ok well a lot moody) but know this will only get worse with the estrace. Wish me luck that I won't swipe anyone in the side of their heads. Frowned upon at work lol lol

#73 tammylj

tammylj
  • Global 100+
  • 297 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:03 PM

sweetone - I'm glad they let you go ahead and start your cycle. I can't start until everything is done. Once the contract is done, donor dad needs to have a physical, a psych consult and FDA testing done then once those results come in, I can stop BCPs and have baseline to start estrogen for FET. The last 2 matches the contract is what took the longest. I expect everything else will be done within 2-3 weeks, but my clinic won't have them start on all that until the contract is done. Just frustrating because I thought it would be done over a week ago after the donors first accepted the contract.

#74 RNSurrogate

RNSurrogate
  • 1000+
  • 1071 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:40 PM

Tammy-contracts and lawyers can be such a mess! Ugh!! I've been working on my surrogacy contract for almost 2 months. Mostly because of the lawyers. It's stupid. They are soooo slow!

Journey to surrogacy

Second journey!

Oct 12th-10dpt Beta 241

#75 tammylj

tammylj
  • Global 100+
  • 297 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:49 PM

RN - Absolutely! I got a different lawyer this time. The last 2 matches took 4 months for the contract and my new lawyer will have it done in a month. So I am happy about that, but still hate the waiting. Lol