What types of diagnostic testing have you had done? - Introductions - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What types of diagnostic testing have you had done?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nnouch

nnouch
  • 11 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 05 February 2016 - 02:55 PM

I wanted to get a sense of what the typical diagnostic tests are for infertility. I would like to know if there is something else out there. I am going into my first IVF cycle but I am freaking out that it will not work. I have unexplained infertility which drives me CRAZY. I would like someone to be able to tell me what is wrong and this is why we have to do IVF. Is there no egg quality test?

Thank you for your responses

#2 keriboberry

keriboberry
  • Global 100+
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:cooking, gym, traveling, natural health
  • My Clinic:victoria fertility center

Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:09 PM

Usually they will make you go for a hsg dye test to see if your tubes are blocked and also a saline sonogram to make sure theres no polyps in your uterus, sometimes there can be one rigth near tyour cervix and it acts almost like an iud when its there. You can also do a test that will tell the drs your antral follicle count which pretty much tells then your ovarian reserve thats left, but im not aware of any other tests other then hormones and thyroid tests etc, i just finished my first ivf round for the same reasons, unknown :(

#3 Cassandra_Angela

Cassandra_Angela
  • 1000+
  • 2084 posts
  • My Clinic:HART

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:17 PM

I have done a hsg dye test, a saline sonogram, an MRI, multiple lap surgeries, biopsies, mock cycles, had my AMH tested and a few autoimmune blood panels

Please see "about me" section for details

Pictures tell a thousand words: https://www.instagra...dra_angela1981/

#4 Sierra

Sierra
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:paint drawing, photography, skiing, travelling, dressmaking
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 10 February 2016 - 08:09 AM

Hey girls, I'm new here. 

I been diagnosed with blocked tubes because of ex bf (had chlamydias). Both tubes blocked i feel broken and so disapointed with myself. I want to haver children but my only chance is IVF. I'm looking for IVF abroad coz in Uk the Q is way too long I'm 35 now the Q can take years. Me and my partner considering Ukraine. Has anyone here been abroad for IVF? 

I'm scared and stressed/

And good luck to all of you X