• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 liggett

liggett
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:12 PM

We just plan to start our process now and our doctor recommend newlife. I did some research and find astra also near mississauga. my spouse want to have a female doctor and our family doctor did give one in brampton newlife. But i checked on ratemds.com, this doctor's score is not very good. 

Does anyone has experience with them both? which clinic is better? astra or newlife?

Thanks a lot

#2 liggett

liggett
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:15 PM

sorry for my typo, newlife, NOT lift

#3 CdnHockeyGal

CdnHockeyGal
  • Super Moderator
  • 6,108 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, baseball, travel & starting a family
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Heartland, Sanford, SIRM

Posted 08 January 2016 - 07:34 PM

Hi liggett - I can't speak to either clinic but you'll find good and poor experiences at both clinics. I'd encourage you to research both, determine which clinic may be most appropriate for your specific infertility diagnosis and decided where you'll be most comfortable. Best of luck!
  • gibasgirl likes this

We've tried lots of things for a long time. None of them have resulted in a viable pregnancy.

#4 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 12,863 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 09 January 2016 - 07:40 AM

sorry for my typo, newlife, NOT lift

I fixed the typo.

I second what CHG said. I would take the ratings with a grain of salt. Every doctor, even the ones with high ratings, us not universally liked.

A doctor one person loves may be extremely disliked by another, and vice versa.

Every clinic is different, and has a different approach when it comes to treatment.

Is the location a priority, or are you open to travelling to Toronto, or Markham (for example), for treatment?

All the best to you & welcome to the community.

:wavey:
  • CdnHockeyGal likes this

#5 amazing grace

amazing grace
  • Global 100+
  • 487 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 09 January 2016 - 01:02 PM

I was a patient of Astra when I first started this journey and did not have a positive experience. Please keep in mind the opinions expressed are personal and in no way am I out to offend or upset anyone. When working with ASTRA, I found the nurses extremely rude and Dr. Michael was never available to see me. When it was determined that I had diminished ovarian reserve, I felt that he no longer wanted to work with me. As a result, I moved on. I decided to go to another clinic in Toronto who was affiliated with a clinic in the US and after wasting three years and getting no where, I moved on to New Life. So far, I have nothing negative to say about this clinic. Dr. Soliman is the only doctor who was able to keep me pregnant, although I had to terminate for other reasons. He is available via email and always returns my emails. I know it is hard to believe, but it is the truth. I communicate with him frequently about my care. The nurses are also amazing and always available when needed. I do have to warn you though that Dr. Soliman is not the warmest man but when he gets to know you, he is really a great guy AND quite funny actually. I find that Dr. S works with progressive treatments, believes in immune testing and prescribed to me medication that no other RE would (prednisone and neupogen for recurrent loss. Honestly I have had zero complaints about my care, information is delivered accurately and my calls, emails and questions are always answered.  I HOPE my points help make your decision easier. I know that experiences vary with individuals so there may be a lot of information that contradicts other peoples experiences. I was looking for a clinic that was available when needed and a RE who was up to date with information and protocols. This is why I am with New Life. If you have any other questions, please feel free to message me.

• gibasgirl and CdnHockeyGal like this