• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 autumnmarie

autumnmarie
  • 1000+
  • 2735 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 08 January 2016 - 02:14 PM

Has anyone heard from the clinic as to when they will begin their funded cycle? I was under the impression it would be by today if your name was pulled from the lottery.

Me: 33, DH, 35

TTC - 2012

2014: MMC

2015: the year of pills, shots, IUIs and an ectopic

2016: BFP, EDD 4/19/2017

#2 sripri27

sripri27
  • 16 posts
  • My Clinic:life quest

Posted 17 January 2016 - 02:43 PM

Hi Autumnmarie,

I will be having my first consultation this week... Yes I received a call Jan 2nd week.
  • May35 likes this

#3 autumnmarie

autumnmarie
  • 1000+
  • 2735 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:12 PM

Awesome that you'll be cycling soon. Just to clarify - you're doing your first consult with the clinic as a new patient? But you already got funding?

Me: 33, DH, 35

TTC - 2012

2014: MMC

2015: the year of pills, shots, IUIs and an ectopic

2016: BFP, EDD 4/19/2017

#4 May35

May35
  • 21 posts
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:05 PM

Hi ladies
I have got the call last week, were planning to do IUI but now that we have funding we are moving to IVF since our problem is sperm antibodies in normal/ high side.
Sripri27 I am glad you have got it too.Would you mind updating about when probably you are starting your cycle and what is the protocol you are on?
We are with Dr.Robb and I am 34, so he is using the short cycle. He suggested a chromosome screening for embryo which is additional 5000$.. I did some searching about it, and it made nervous since it might harm the embryo...

34, TTC 1.5y,

Normal/high sperm antibody

1st IVF 

#5 sripri27

sripri27
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:12 PM

Hi Ladies,
Am pretty new to the forum...forgot to check back for replies. I was a patient with Dr. Hannam, we had done all the diagnostic tests and had arrived at ivf. After we got to know that we had the option to go for IVF through govt funding, we decided to give it a go. Dr. H has already recommended a protocol, but he said he might update it based on how i respond to gonalf...so far it looks like the short protocol. He also mentioned we have only till March 31st to try through govt funded ivf program. After which they would have another ballot for the next set. Also our nurse informed us the egg retrieval would be done by the doctor on call...
As of now am jus waiting for my next cycle to start so that I can begin with the program...

#6 May35

May35
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:18 AM

Sripri 27, same boat, hope everything goes well.

34, TTC 1.5y,

1st IVF 

#7 sripri27

sripri27
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 04:01 PM

Hi May35,

Any updates from your end? I have been asked to go on birth control pill...till mid Feb, still waiting on the dates...for that...

#8 testing123

testing123
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 04:04 PM

I'm in the same boat, was lucky enough to receive funding and have started BCP but just went in for my SHG and they found a polyp. Not sure yet what this means for continuing with the treatment...

#9 sripri27

sripri27
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 06:33 PM

Hi testing123,

Welcome .... I am sure the ovarian stimulation and egg retrieval should go as per schedule...the polyp shouldn't really affect that...would be great if you could keep in touch ...and we could keep each other updated...
Wishing all the very best and loads of baby dust...:)

#10 May35

May35
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:26 PM

Hi Sipri27

I haven't been around much, sorry for the late reply.

Hope you are doing great. Things are not going good here.

I ended up retrieving 20 eggs March 1st, 14 mature and fertilized,12 doing great until day three and at day 6 just one left.

I am devastated and didn't have a good experience at Hannam at all. Now waiting for genetic testing result for the last survivor, it is difficult to stay hopeful.

34, TTC 1.5y,

1st IVF 

#11 MCmiracle

MCmiracle
  • Global 100+
  • 111 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Hannam Fertility Clinic

Posted 09 March 2016 - 04:56 PM

Hi i am new to the group/ forum. Also at Hannam. Felling very grateful and blessed to be selected for the govt funded ivf.
This will be our first ivf attempt. Found out hubby had 98% sperm antibodies after several years of being diagnosed " unexplained".

Currently on my day 6 injections . Estimated retrieval date is mar 15 (yikessss 😬) . Can anyone please share their retrieval experience if you have gone through it as i have never done it. Quite nervous as to how painful it will be

Would be excited to share and follow all the journey with you ladies .

Have faith and be strong!! 🙏😀👍
Me: 31 DH: 39
TTC : 4 years
August 2012 - Nov 2013 - ONE FERTILITY CLINIC
DIAGNOSES : UNEXPLAINED IF
Did clomid for 7 cycles BFN then 1x IUI also BFN
Took a break and ttc naturally - no baby
Dec 2014 IVF almost- cancelled (changed our mind - not ready)
Another break
Dec 2015 - HANNAM FERTILITY CLINIC
Diagnosis : Male factor (antisperm antibodies 98%)
Mar 2016 - IVF #1 (funded cycle)
Protocol: IVF/ICSI/freeze all
Mar 14 - egg retrieval - 11 retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized, 9 divided well day 3, 5 blasts on day 5 (2x 5AA,3x 5AB) 1 day 6 (6AB)
April 27- FET (singelton 5AA almost hatched blast) 100% thaw rate
HPT - 5dp5dt BFP!!!
May 5 - FIRST BETA 286.5 !
May 9 - 2nd BETA - 1409!
May 21st - 1st u/s - one healthy bean

#12 Hoping2016

Hoping2016
  • 5 posts
  • My Clinic:Rouge Valley Fertility

Posted 09 March 2016 - 05:40 PM

Hi May35,
Really sorry for your loss. Did they give any purticular reason ? ICSI is so dependant on the technicians skills. Hope the tests help you identify the reason behind this.I am having my retrieval soon, will keep you posted on how it goes.

I too have some concerns with how they manage everything through the nurse.

Have faith , it takes only one ...

Regards,

Sripri27

Hi Sipri27

I haven't been around much, sorry for the late reply.
Hope you are doing great. Things are not going good here.
I ended up retrieving 20 eggs March 1st, 14 mature and fertilized,12 doing great until day three and at day 6 just one left.
I am devastated and didn't have a good experience at Hannam at all. Now waiting for genetic testing result for the last survivor, it is difficult to stay hopeful.

#13 May35

May35
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 07:06 PM

Hoping2016
No, they didn't... and it bothers me. I asked to meet the Dr and asked to get the embryologist report and pictures of embryos ...
Hope everything goes great for you... My advise is at this stage don't fret, keep calm and ask lots of questions , hopefully everything goes great on your side...

34, TTC 1.5y,

1st IVF 

#14 Mary75

Mary75
  • 11 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:59 PM

I had my egg retrieval at Hannam last week as well. All of my eggs fertilized but I'm now down to two embryos. They're now being tested for chromosomal abnormalities.
  • May35 likes this

#15 May35

May35
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:23 PM

Mary 75 If it is ok, may I ask how many did you have after fertilization? I had 14 fertilized, 12 day 3, and one day 5.
Hope you get the good news soon.

34, TTC 1.5y,

1st IVF 

#16 Mary75

Mary75
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:27 PM

I had 7 retrieved and all fertilized. On day 3 they called to say 5 looked good and the other 2 a bit slow. Then on day 6 they said I had only 2.
I was very upset but apparently it's not unusual.
Is your embryo being tested for chromosomal abnormalities?
  • May35 likes this

#17 May35

May35
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:52 PM

Yes Mary75.

34, TTC 1.5y,

1st IVF 

#18 Mary75

Mary75
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:56 PM

Mine too. I'm very nervous, kind of wish I could just transfer it now instead of waiting!
  • May35 likes this

#19 May35

May35
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:10 PM

Exactly, I like to try my luck with the last survivor embryo, instead of getting the call, it is dreadful!

34, TTC 1.5y,

1st IVF 

#20 Hoping2016

Hoping2016
  • 5 posts
  • My Clinic:Rouge Valley Fertility

Posted 16 March 2016 - 01:45 PM

Hi All,

Just wanted to update on my retrieval... It went on all planned. This is my second IVF so I was mentally prepared on what to expect.

I did have some cramping and pain post retrieval, I made sure I took a few days off from work and also took extra strength Tylenol for pain relief the first 2 days. The RE nurse gave us some information on how to manage my diet too.

Still waiting on my Day 6 results. So far they have retrieved about 10 eggs and fertilized about 7.
All the best :)
  • May35 likes this

#21 Mary75

Mary75
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 11:43 AM

I received my results from the genetic testing. I had two surviving embryos on day six and they were sent off for tests. One is missing a chromosome but the other is "ideal".
Now it's time to plan the transfer. I hope it works because it's my only one!!

#22 MCmiracle

MCmiracle
  • Global 100+
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 01:57 PM

Hi Ladies,

I absolutely agree that the waiting sucks! It's so nervewrecking. I had my retrieval last Monday and waiting to hear abiut the embryo results was such a pain especially when they didn't call me yesterday while they said they would call! I finally called them this morning and they said they need to organize my charts . they finally called this afternoon and told me they froze 6 blastocysts!

We are very pleased with the result! Can't wait for the transfer.

However, no one has called us to schedule a follow up appointment with Dr.Robb. I had email and called few times to ask but still unable to reach a person in charge. It's just so frustrating how the administrative portion is not taken care of properly

Regardless, we are still very happy to hear that we have 6 chances to try although i hope once is enough.

For those of you who wants to know, i had 11 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized, 9 divided well then 6 blasts frozen .

Wish you ladies all the best for your result and transfer. I am praying for all of us
Another break
Mar 14 - egg retrieval - 11 retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized, 9 divided well day 3, 5 blasts on day 5 (2x 5AA,3x 5AB) 1 day 6 (6AB)
HPT - 5dp5dt BFP!!!
May 9 - 2nd BETA - 1409!

#23 sripri27

sripri27
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:48 PM

Hi All,

Any updates ? In my case, I had my bleeding a few days after my retreival. Since it was too early, they advised me to wait for the transfer until.my next cycle begins...so far its been approx 30 days and.my cycle hasnt started . I am bit worried, I always have a regular 26-28 day cycle.
Please do keep the group updated on embryo transfer and implantation results.
All the best MC Miracle. 6 embryos is really great, wishing you loads of success.

#24 MCmiracle

MCmiracle
  • Global 100+
  • 111 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 08:46 AM

Hi All,

Any updates ? In my case, I had my bleeding a few days after my retreival. Since it was too early, they advised me to wait for the transfer until.my next cycle begins...so far its been approx 30 days and.my cycle hasnt started . I am bit worried, I always have a regular 26-28 day cycle.
Please do keep the group updated on embryo transfer and implantation results.
All the best MC Miracle. 6 embryos is really great, wishing you loads of success.

Another break
HPT - 5dp5dt BFP!!!
May 9 - 2nd BETA - 1409!

#25 MCmiracle

MCmiracle
  • Global 100+
  • 111 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 09:01 AM

It's transfer day for me tomorrow!! So excited yet nervous

I did have to wait for one menstrual cycle before we can proceed with the transfer. I had my retrieval on mar 14 and didn't get my period until April 6th. Went back for bloodtest and us on day 3.

My doctor put me on estradot patches , prometrium as well as the progesterone in oil injections. Can't wait for all the meds to stop and for me to actually just enjoy being pregnant eventhough i can't even imagine being pregnant after so many bfn's and never having a BFP.

My doctor seemed very confident that we will have a successful pregnancy out of the 6 if not more for the future. So we are both feeling hopeful. And even if the first time fails, at least we have another 5 tries left.

May 5th will be my scheduled pregnancy test. So hoping for the best.

sripri47 how was your result from the retrieval? i hope your cycle will start soon. The waiting sucks! but at least you know that will give your body enough time to recover. I suggest doing everything you won't be able to do once you are pregnant.
Another break
HPT - 5dp5dt BFP!!!
May 9 - 2nd BETA - 1409!