Posted 05 October 2016 - 07:32 AM
From my last period up to ET, I drank Pure Organic Raspeberry Leaf Tea (2cups/day-4c/day), to tone and cleanse the uterus, makes the lining stronger and richer with vitamins...helps with implanting I think. But you must stop because it is known to cause uterine contractions, and could cause miscarriages if you are pregnant.
You have to steep it for a long time, you want it strong.
I also had the pineapple...eating the core...it has to be fresh pineapple too.
Always told my self this will work, kept the positive thinking.
Followed the dr's instructions, and tried to stick as close to a schedule as possible.
Never dieted, but tried to eat healthy. Cut out alcohol, and limited coffee. No hot baths/hot tubs...didn't want to cook the eggs either...if it can happen to sperm I thought it could happen to the eggs too.
Joined this forum
For the tea, should it be loose leaf or are bags ok? I am on day 4 of my current cycle and am planning to start stims the next. Is now a good time to start drinking the tea?
Undergoing IVF with PGD to prevent passing on Neurofibromatosis Type 1
??/??/10 - I am diagnosed with Neurofibromatosis Type 1, we discover I have a 50% chance of passing it on. Upon learning more about the disorder we decide IVF with PGD would be our route to have kids in order to prevent passing it on. We consult with Dr. Haebe at OFC to learn more, but aren't yet ready to start. We make a plan to save up.
- 06/02/12 - Our Wedding Day!
- 12/??/15 - Ontario announced funded IVF cycles, we can get the ball rolling!
- 11/25/15 - Consultation @ OFC.
- 01/08/16 - IVF and PGD Consent Signed for Ontario Funded Cycle. (We pay for the PGD)
- 01/14/16 - Nurses received chart, put on wait list for funded IVF.
- 05/26/16 - Name came up on wait list, OHIP consents received!
- 09/21/16 - Genesis completed gene probe, ready for embies! Awaiting call from scheduling nurse.
- 09/30/16 - Start BCP for 21 days, Booked to start Stims (Antagonist Protocol) on October 28th
- 10/28/16 - Start Gonal F pen injections 150 iu
- 11/07/16 - Egg retrieval, 34 eggs retrieved, 17 mature
- 11/08/16 - 12 eggs fertilized, letting them grow to day 5
- 11/13/16 - 5 embryos biopsied and frozen - awaiting PGD testing results
- 12/??/16 - One embryo tested positive for Neurofobromatosis gene mutation. Genesis to re-biopsy to ensure probe is working
- 01/12/17 - Results for re-biopsy received, meeting with Dr. Haebe tomorrow to discuss.
- 01/13/17 - Results are good, mock cycle is the next step before transferring one of our 4 healthy embabies!
- 01/13/17 - All is well with the mick cycle, nurses called. Next step is to call with late March day 1 and then blood tests until I surge, then ultrasound. We are looking at transfer the week of April 10th.