- - - - -

I have weak kidneys????

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:48 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Dr. Yan,
I hope you don't mind but I have a question for you. I was just at my accupuncture appointment and my kidney (pulse on the right arm) continues to be weak. I am currently 8dp3dt and I believe that I am pregnant. However, my accupuncturist has me very concerned as he believes with such a weak pulse I may miscarry. He doesn't want to give me herbs until the pregnancy test. What can I do to strengthen my kidneys? I had a massive placental abruption at 31 weeks in October 2006. Could that have been the cause of the weak kidney? This cycle things went great and I feel great- I feel pregnant! What can I do to make this work? Are there any foods that I can eat? What about nettle leaf tea? Thank you in advance for you help.

Kathy

#2 Dr.HongYan

Dr.HongYan

Acupuncturist

• Advisor
  • 355 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:15 PM

Hi, Kidney deficiency is a TCM term. A part of Kidney in TCM represents reproductive system. A weak kidney pulse during pregnancy not alway indicates miscarriage. some deficiency can be corrected by acupuncture and herbs. So wait untill your pregnancy test, if you are pregnant, go to see this acupuncturist again and ask for help. In the meanwhile, ask your family doctor to monitor your progestrone, from there you can also know the chance of miscarriage.
I'm currently treating a lady has 7 times of miscarriage all in the 6th week. We started at the 4.5 weeks and now she is in her 4th months and everything is okay.
Don't worry and good luck
Southcentre Chinese Acupuncture
100 Anderson Road SE
Calgary, AB
Canada T2J 3V1
403 271-6662
drhongyan@hotmail.com
www.southcentrechineseacupuncture.com