Dr. Reviews

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 sugarbar

sugarbar
  • 6 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:05 PM

I am looking for a new dr. as well. I was at LifeQuest, but had two unsuccessful IVF cycles. 

I was readying reviews about Dr. Anthony Auyeung. He sounds pretty good!

https://www.ratemds....Toronto-ON.html

Female (38)

#2 piggypower

piggypower
  • Global 100+
  • 591 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 25 August 2015 - 05:08 PM

• Dori77 likes this

#3 sugarbar

sugarbar
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:32 AM

Thank you so much for replying piggypowerthumbup.gif

i was with LifeQuest (Dr. Sony Siera) too. Not impressed with her, had two unsuccessful IVF with her, and she could not explain any reason. 

I am glad that the reviews are true about Dr. Anthony. :)

I am not sure if Dr. Anthony's clinic has all of the necessary equipment and resources to do testing and IVF.

How old is him (just curious)? 

Female (38)

#4 piggypower

piggypower
  • Global 100+
  • 591 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:32 AM

#5 sugarbar

sugarbar
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:39 PM

ajigl.gifpiggpower, wish you all the best and good luckth_agl.gif with whatever you are doing as well...baby dust to you preggo.gif....

hopefully as time goes on, you will have more to share with me....ajigl.gif

Female (38)

#6 neverendingstory

neverendingstory
  • 6 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:ex: Lifequest current: Dr. Auyeung

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:29 PM

I am actually one of the people who recently reviewed Dr. Auyeung (the last one posted as of this date--the long one!). I suppose I can't speak for the others, but my review is certainly real. This is my first post on this forum after lurking for years because other than wanting to tear a strip off of Lifequest which i gather we aren't allowed to do on the forums, I haven't really been inspired to post until now.  I am one of the women who became pregnant on my first round of IVF with Dr. Auyeung and cycle monitoring and the entire IVF cycle only took two months total. I couldn't believe it. I'm 20 weeks pregnant today. I truly can't say enough good things about him and his clinic. 

I was with Dr. Gunn and Lifequest for 3 extremely unhappy years, and we left because we were not happy with the care we received there and ultimately felt extremely jerked around. I think the only reason i stayed at LQ for such a long time is that i truly didn't know any better--i didn't know how much easier and BETTER (and ORGANIZED) things could be. I actually got an appointment with Dr. A before i got an appointment with Dr. Gunn so that she could write up a protocol that she had known she had to write up for over three months. She would not have me in for 15 minutes just to click through the protocol on her computer, and that was it for me. Then there was the nightmare of trying to wrestle my file away from the office, but that's another story and I think her assistant was mostly to blame for that one (although the woman blew through 4 assistants in the time that i was with her so i'm not sure what was going on there).  Having said that I know others who are happy with Lifequest. (Personally can't imagine why, but to each her own.) 

To answer the above questions:

sugarbar: Dr. Auyeung has his own bloodlab and ultrasound techs. So all the cycle monitoring, drug administration, and IVF monitoring are done at his clinic. He has an affiliation with TCART (who were also lovely, in my opinion), so he uses its embryology lab, nurses (unless he brings his own), and surgical equipment.  I had my egg retrieval and implantation at TCART, but performed by Dr. Auyeung. I truly can't tell how old he is--i think he's one of those people who will look young forever. At least 40s though. I should have checked out the certificates on his wall more closely to figure out age. Maybe piggypower can do that the next time she's in his office? He is definitely very experienced and has learned from that experience. 

This post reminds me--i promised myself i would write him a thank you card when i reached 20 weeks (i'm a negative nancy--wasn't sure whether i would lose the baby and have to go back...too many bad previous experiences!). I'm going to do that tonight! 

I am happy to answer any other questions everyone has about him. Fire away! 

And good luck you guys. If anyone can get you pregnant, it is Dr. Auyeung. 

• Dori77 and ollie2013 like this

#7 CdnHockeyGal

CdnHockeyGal
  • Super Moderator
  • 6,108 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, baseball, travel & starting a family
  • My Clinic:Heartland, Sanford, SIRM

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:43 PM

Hi Ladies,

Just a note to advise that as it pertains to discussing clinical experience the site welcomes all stories, positive & negative, which make us a more well rounded source of support and information for everyone.  :)

You can absolutely post about your dissatisfaction with a clinic with the caveat that the complaints are written as such that it is *your* experience and *your* opinion...i.e. feeling based statements.  What we can't do is post statements that could be construed as libellous or defamatory in nature.  We are mindful that there are always multiple sides to any experience and the professional that is being discussed isn't in the position of being able to speak to their side of the experience on the site.

So...in short...the above post is just fine.  It speaks to the poster's experience and dissatisfaction based on her experience but does not make any accusatory and/or damaging statements.

I hope that helps?

Glad you found success with your new RE neverendingstory!

• dawnkey and ollie2013 like this

We've tried lots of things for a long time. None of them have resulted in a viable pregnancy.

#8 Dori77

Dori77
  • Global 100+
  • 702 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Skiing, Dogs.

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:52 PM

Neverendingstory - I couldn't agree more!!!! I LOVE Dr.Auyeung and his clinic.

He is really there for his patients and cares. I've never had a doctor spend more time with his patients than DR.A. I'm currently preggo with #2 because I followed his advice

Me 38 & DH 40 TTC since July 2008

March 2009: m/c

July 2009: m/c

April 2010: BFP - Sadly Baby diagnosed with Cystic Hygoma and Trisomy 21. D&E at 16 weeks

Oct 2010: m/c due to Trisomy #3

March 2011: m/c

IVF#1 - September 2011 with PGD on my eggs (Chemical)

March 2012 - Septum Surgery for uterine septum & immune testing with Allan Beer & treatments

IVF#2 - July 2012 (BFN)

December 2012 - Surgery to remove uterine adhesions from previous D&C

IVF#3 - February 2013 (Chemical) - 5 blast frosties

April 2013 - Natural BFP Perfect Baby boy born January 2014 !

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

TTC #2

February 2015 - FET (BFN)

May 2015 IUI#1 (BFN)

August 2015 IUI#2 - BFP !!!

November 2015 - Panorama results are in and we are team PINK !!!​
Due May 21, 2016

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

#9 piggypower

piggypower
  • Global 100+
  • 591 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:41 PM

#10 neverendingstory

neverendingstory
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 06:32 PM

piggypower: don't even get me started on the kind of administrative BS that occurred with me at LQ. I'm talking stuff like the clinic calling and insisting that my husband owed them money for sperm banking. When my husband denied that he owed anything, they said "you were in the clinic on X date". Husband said, "No i wasn't." Clinic said, "Isn't this 'John Doe' who lives at 123 Easy Street' [obviously not the actual name and address revealed to us]". Answer: "NO! [But thanks for revealing that guy's identity, i happen to know him--kidding]" So, not only did the clinic mix up my husband's file with someone else's, they actually breached that other person's confidentiality. This is only ONE example of the kind of insane stuff that happened to us while at the clinic. I have many, many more examples. Getting my file away from them was so difficult that eventually i started having a physical reaction to dealing with them, and i had to get my husband to deal with picking it up in the end--i couldn't even talk to them. And i am by no means a delicate flower. It took WEEKS. Even after we left, they were still making things impossible for us--they refused to release my husband's frozen sperm in time for our egg retrieval day. We had to get TCART to facilitate the release because they claimed to us that it just couldn't happen. They even claimed that the lab wasn't open when it was! We actually had to march over there with a liquid nitrogen semen storage container (those thing are HEAVY) to get it ourselves, and it was only released on orders from the TCART andrology lab. Unbelievable stuff, and so many instances. And that isn't even touching the issues I had with Dr. Gunn, like her going on a two week vacation without telling her patients or signing out to another doctor when I was set to start an IVF cycle. I have way more stories, but like you, i'm not feeling like punching any walls right now! 

Dr. Auyeung was SO lovely. He and Greer and the rest of the staff made everything so EASY. Everything was so SMOOTH! They were so communicative! We couldn't believe it! We left every appointment laughing and marvelling at how simple everything was. He made me laugh a lot too. I really enjoyed his sense of humour. I laughed through my egg retrieval and it wasn't just the drugs. My retrieval at LQ was SO PAINFUL, and my retrieval with Dr A was fine. I mean, it wasn't *fun*, but we were cracking jokes the whole time--it made it a lot easier. And i didn't have horrible pain after that egg retrieval like i did with LQ either, which makes me think that maybe it wasn't done quite right there, but that's just my suspicion. All this to say, i hope you continue to enjoy your time with Dr. Auyeung. He's a real gem. 

• Dori77 likes this

#11 piggypower

piggypower
  • Global 100+
  • 591 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 10:11 PM

• neverendingstory likes this

#12 neverendingstory

neverendingstory
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:24 AM

Piggypower: i saw your original post from yesterday, and i wanted you to know you can feel free to PM me with any questions you have!  

#13 sugarbar

sugarbar
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:02 AM

neverendingstory & piggypower: thank you so much for sharing your story with me...I really really appreciate it! Dr Auyeung WILL BE the doctor i am going to see!!! Good Luck to all of us!!

I am just thinking, here should really put Dr. Auyeung's clinic in the Clinic Chat

• Dori77 and neverendingstory like this

Female (38)

#14 piggypower

piggypower
  • Global 100+
  • 591 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:38 PM

neverendingstory: Yea, the moderators edited it- but it was pretty much intact, raging comments and all.  I decided to delete the whole thing because it contained too much personal information. I will definitely PM you if I have any questions smile.png.

#15 piggypower

piggypower
  • Global 100+
  • 591 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 03:07 PM

Will update soon...

#16 neverendingstory

neverendingstory
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 03:34 PM

Piggypower, keep us updated. Other than Create, whom i have heard are equally disorganized to Lifequest (though i can't imagine it!), i'm not sure what other options are downtown anymore now that TCART and Lifequest have merged.  sad.png  Hannam, I suppose, but i gather he is very expensive. People like him though. My friend went to both Dr. H and Dr. A and ended up going forward with Dr. A because he felt that Hannam's staff took a cookie-cutter approach to her protocol, even when Dr. H had suggested something different to her separately. It would be frustrating to start over again at this point, though. 

#17 taimis

taimis
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 12:25 AM

Dr. Auyeung and his staff were wonderful.  I came from Hannam and been wanting to get a second opinion for awhile now. A colleague of mine suggested I go to him, he's a male take note. He strongly recommends him and they had two kids because of him. Apparently, my decision to get a second opinion from him was right. I spent two hours with him! We reviewed all the records that I brought from my previous clinic, (it's previous now because there is no way I am going back there), where they treat you like lab rats. You can tell by the way he speaks to you that he is not rushing and will want to spend enough time to make sure everything's been reviewed. I've only started my cycle in his clinic and I can already start comparing my experience here and from the other clinic. I feel so positive already and feel very comfortable in his clinic. I always see him when I go for monitoring and can always talk to him if I have concerns. 

You should try seeing him and you will see for yourself how good he is to his patients and how personalized his care is especially if you've been from other clinics. You won't regret it.

#18 piggypower

piggypower
  • Global 100+
  • 591 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:26 AM

I eventually moved away from Dr. Auyeung and his clinic. Initially I had very high hopes, but things quickly changed. In hindsight I should've left much sooner, but I banked too heavily on other people's reviews hoping they would be true for me.  I'm purposely not posting my full reasons, but it was not a good experience.

#19 sugarbar

sugarbar
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:09 AM

I eventually moved away from Dr. Auyeung and his clinic. Initially I had very high hopes, but things quickly changed. In hindsight I should've left much sooner, but I banked too heavily on other people's reviews hoping they would be true for me.  I'm purposely not posting my full reasons, but it was not a good experience.

oh...too bad that it didn't work out....cry.gif

what's the other choice??

Female (38)

#20 piggypower

piggypower
  • Global 100+
  • 591 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 11:58 AM

There are lots of other REs in the city. 

There are many REs out there, especially if you live in the GTA. I think it's best to meet them personally and see how you feel. Trust your instincts. 

#21 Beca

Beca
  • 11 posts
  • Dx:Immunological
  • My Clinic:Mfc

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:44 PM

Piggypower can you please message me? I tried sending you a message but it didn't let me. Thank you

#22 MrsJellybean

MrsJellybean
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:TBD

Posted 05 January 2017 - 05:30 PM

Thank you so much for replying piggypowerthumbup.gif

i was with LifeQuest (Dr. Sony Siera) too. Not impressed with her, had two unsuccessful IVF with her, and she could not explain any reason. 

I am glad that the reviews are true about Dr. Anthony. smile.png

I am not sure if Dr. Anthony's clinic has all of the necessary equipment and resources to do testing and IVF.

How old is him (just curious)? 

There are lots of other REs in the city. 

There are many REs out there, especially if you live in the GTA. I think it's best to meet them personally and see how you feel. Trust your instincts. 

Can you please contact me as well?  

#23 MrsJellybean

MrsJellybean
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:TBD

Posted 08 January 2017 - 06:53 PM

neverendingstory: Yea, the moderators edited it- but it was pretty much intact, raging comments and all.  I decided to delete the whole thing because it contained too much personal information. I will definitely PM you if I have any questions smile.png.

Please do contact me so I can share my story with you and was hoping for some advice.  Thanks!