• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kits29

kits29
  • 22 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:42 PM

Hey everyone,  

I am new to this site and seeking support and advice.  I have a read a few of your posts and it seems like a lot of us are seeking support from those who share similar experience.  I was diagnosed with endometriosis about a year ago.  Since, I have had two surgeries.  My husband and I have been TTC for almost 2 years and recently found out he has male factor (extremely low sperm count).  We have decided to proceed with IVF and it would be great to connect with people who truly understand the struggles of infertility.  I look forward to connecting with some of you!

• Sweet_Insanity likes this

#2 nicgro

nicgro
  • Global 100+
  • 173 posts
  • My Clinic:LHSC

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:59 AM

Hi Kits, I too suffer with Endo. I was officially diagnosed when I had a lap done in 2012. I had a second one done in 2014. I have horrible pain daily, and also bleed every single day! I just finished a 3 month cycle of visanne, it didn't do anything for me except make me bleed even heavier. On Monday, I had my first Lupron injection. I am hoping to get my endo pain under control before we do our next IVF cycle. My husband has an "ok sperm count", but not great. I feel like we have many of the same things going on, and I can definitely relate. Feel free to PM me. 

IVF #1

Oct 1, 2014 - 14 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 5 make it to blast

Oct 6, 2014 - Transfer 1 beautiful 4AA blast and freeze the remaining 4

Oct 15, 2014 - Start bleeding sad.png

Oct 17, 2014 - First Beta = 6   I know it's over, clinic is still trying to be positive

Oct 19, 2014 - Second Beta = 2  BFN

Oct 27, 2014 - Laparoscopy for Endo and ovarian cysts

FET #1

Feb 9, 2015 - Transfer 1 blast...clinic can't tell me the quality...isn't that weird?

Feb 22, 2015 - Beta = BFN sad.png

April 16, 2015 - Surgery to remove multiple uterine fibroids

Aug 24, 2015 - Take 3 month injection of Lupron Depot to try to help with endo pain/bleeding

Nov 24, 2015 - Take another 3 month injection of Lupron Depot

Feb 24, 2016 - Blood work and ultrasound. Was going to start prepping for FET, but thyroid is very low so need to increase meds before transfer

May 2, 2016 - start Estrace to prepare for FET (FET scheduled for May 18)

FET #2

May 18, 2016 - Transfer 1 blast...again not told what quality it is. Lose one blast in the thaw.

May 31, 2016 - BFN - I ask clinic what is going on and why this isn't working. They schedule me for a biopsy and sono.

June 9, 2016 - Biopsy and Sono performed. They find fibroids in my uterus and book surgery.

June 14, 2016 - Surgery to remove uterine fibroids

FET #3

September 20, 2016 - Transfer our final blast...stick baby stick

October 3, 2016 - BFN. I have never felt so broken in my life. Not sure I can continue on this journey, but must make a decision as just hours after getting my BFN, I get a call from my clinic saying that they made an error with my government funding and if I was going to continue, I must pay  everything back!!!

December 8, 2016 - Here we are again! Sono and biopsy to prepare for IVF #2 in January! They see something very small forming in my uterus, not large enough to operate on at this point though.

December 19, 2016 - Start Birth Control to prepare for next cycle.

January 7, 2017 - Have ultrasound done, everything looks good to move forward. Stop BC Pill.

IVF #2

January 23, 2017 - 12 Eggs retrieved, all mature, 7 fertilized

January 28, 2017 - Transfer 1 little 3AB blast, 5 still hanging in there and hope to freeze them tomorrow

#3 CdnHockeyGal

CdnHockeyGal
  • Super Moderator
  • 7094 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, baseball & travel
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Several in Canada & US

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:20 PM

Hi Kits - welcome!  Hoping you will find this site to be filled with lots of warm & knowledge ladies & men just as I have.  As you approach your IVF cycle you may wish to consider joining a cycle buddies thread for support.  Hoping your IVF journey is a smooth & easy one.  :)

• gibasgirl and kits29 like this
It was long, awful & hard. We got very lucky and didn't run out of both emotional and financial resources. We saw some of the most beautiful of people in our lowest moments. Baby Girl arrived Apr 10/2018

#4 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13147 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:19 PM

Hello Kits,

Welcome to the community.

:wavey:
  • kits29 likes this

#5 kits29

kits29
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:39 PM

thank you for your welcome messages and responses :) 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IVF, Endometriosis, Male Factor