1510 replies to this topic

#201 AshP

AshP
  • Global 100+
  • 450 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:ONE Fertility

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:45 AM

Wishing you all the best with your transfers today, Mrsfinxy & Morgy!!! :D Hope all goes well!!! 

• mrsfinxy likes this

Ashley (31), DH (32)

DX: Diminished Ovarian Reserve (DOR) & Stage 1 Endo

IVF#1= 1x 3AB embryo, BFP, early miscarriage @ 7 weeks

IVF#2= 0 embryos made it to Day 5 :(

IVF#3= 1x 2BB embryo, BFP, miracle DD born on October 24, 2016

IVF#4= 3 eggs retrieved, none able to be fertilized due to poor quality :(

IVF#5= Currently...July/August 2017...crossing our fingers for another miracle

#202 AshP

AshP
  • Global 100+
  • 450 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:47 AM

How is everyone else doing today?? Any updates???

Ashley (31), DH (32)

#203 babiesta

babiesta
  • Global 100+
  • 390 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:NewLife Mississauga

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:04 AM

Hi Ladies,

I am new to the group. I am Cycle day 5 today and have been booked for ET on Monday, 7th September.

I have been on Estrace since cycle day 3 and have been super emotional. Wenn for my day 14 ultrasound yesterday and the nurse has asked me to start Progesterone suppositories, Prednisone, Prometrium and Asprin along with Estrace.  

Since yesterday, as the time for transfer is getting closer, I feel exited but at the same time I feel nervous and scared. I really hope the little bean to sticks.

How are you all handling the anxiety?

All the best to everyone who is waiting for the transfers.

Good luck to everyone for the BFP and sticky dust to all.

TTC since 2010

2011 Nov - th_abfp.gif

Miscarried at 6.2 weeks. Detected Blighted Ovum sad.png

Took few months break.

Started TTC again. Went to Gynae, all tests normal. Unexplained infertility. 

Referred to RE in 2014

4 Cycles of Clomid

6 Cycles Femara

2015 April - IUI + Femara - 4 eggs ovulated

2015 May - IUI + Femara - 4 eggs ovulated

2015 June - Cancelled IUI + Femara (New Dr. wanted to do a natural cycle for all the ultrasounds and bloodwork. However, I had taken 3 days of Femara already by the time I met the new Dr.) - 3 eggs ovulated

All th_abfn.gif

2015 June - Changed clinics

2015 July - # 1 Mini IVF - 18 Follicles, only 4 Mature eggs cry.gif ​, 4 Fertilized with ICSI. 3 made it to day 6. 2 blasts (4AA, 4AB) and 1 early blast.

No explanation given for maturity of eggs. Frustrated!!!!

2015 August: # 1 FET - Estrace, Prometrium, Prednisone, Aspirin, Progesterone Suppositories

Sep 7, 2015 - Booked for transfer on Monday

Transferred 1 4AA blast.. Stick embie stick!!

Sep 15, 2015 - Beta came back on 8DP5DT at 176  - th_abfp.gifyahoo.gifbanana.gif th_acheerlead.gif

Sep 17, 2015 - 2nd Beta on 10DP5DT came back at 426.6 and Progesterone levels look good

Sep 25, 2015 - 3rd Beta on 17DP5DT came back at 7000 

Oct 2, 2015 - Started bleeding at 6w2d.. panicked and pre-poned the ultrasound for 6w5d

Oct 5, 2015 - 6w5d Week Ultrasound.... Saw the little bean. Measuring 7 weeks with heartbeat of 115.

Bleeding was due to SCH.

Stopped Estrace at 7w2d

Oct 17, 2015 - Brown spotting again at 8w4d, called and preponed the ultrasound to 8w5d

Oct 19, 2015 - 8w5d ultrasound... saw the lttle bean. Measuring 8w6d with heartbeat of 171.

SCH is still there but shrunk in size.

Nov 11, 2015 - 12 week ultrasound and NT scan done. Baby measuring 12 weeks exact. heartbeat 153 - 157. The baby waved and stole our hearts. 

Progesterone suppositories stopped at 12 week 4 days.

Nov 18, 2015 - intense pain in lower abdomen, went to the ER, diagnosed as round ligament pain.. Thankfully. Heartbeat on doppler 160 smile.png

Dec 9, 2015 - 16 week ultrasound and IPS blood work done. SCH has re-emerged and its near the cervix. its about 3.5mm. Placenta is also lying low right now. Dr. Adviced to wait and watch

Dec 30, 2015 - 19 Week ultrasound done. Anatomy Scan is perfect. our little bundle of joy is beautiful. we saw the baby kicking...adorable. SCH has resolved and placenta has moved up... thank goodness!!

Graduated from the clinic.

Hoping the little bean is healthy and happy.  Emoticons09757.gif crsd.gif

Due Date: May 25, 2016

OgUGm4.png?t=1&uVLGsPcE

#204 AshP

AshP
  • Global 100+
  • 450 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:14 AM

Babiesta- th_awelcome.gif I think I recognize your name from a previous board I was on....I see that you are also at Newlife, as are a few others in this group :D 

Hoping your transfer goes well next week....sounds like similar protocol as me....I am currently still taking Aspirin, Prednisone, progesterone suppositories and Prometrium every night...Oh, and also 1mg of vaginal Estrace!

Melbous & Ann- Did you do bed rest after your transfer or just took it easy? I have read conflicting things about this, but Newlife doesn't suggest bed rest but just to take it easy....What are you ladies doing in terms of activity post transfer??? 

Ashley (31), DH (32)

#205 babiesta

babiesta
  • Global 100+
  • 390 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:28 AM

AshP - Thanks, Yup that's me from the other board. Congratulations for your transfer. Hope its a BFP for u :)

My nurse has asked me to take 3 days off work. she said that's what they ask everyone. Did you take few days off?

I also wanted to know, has anyone noticed any side effects with such doses of progesterone (Prometrium and suppositories). I have to travel to USA this long weekend, and was wondering if these meds would mess me up?

TTC since 2010

2011 Nov - th_abfp.gif

Took few months break.

Referred to RE in 2014

4 Cycles of Clomid

6 Cycles Femara

2015 June - Cancelled IUI + Femara (New Dr. wanted to do a natural cycle for all the ultrasounds and bloodwork. However, I had taken 3 days of Femara already by the time I met the new Dr.) - 3 eggs ovulated

All th_abfn.gif

2015 July - # 1 Mini IVF - 18 Follicles, only 4 Mature eggs cry.gif ​, 4 Fertilized with ICSI. 3 made it to day 6. 2 blasts (4AA, 4AB) and 1 early blast.

2015 August: # 1 FET - Estrace, Prometrium, Prednisone, Aspirin, Progesterone Suppositories

Sep 15, 2015 - Beta came back on 8DP5DT at 176  - th_abfp.gifyahoo.gifbanana.gif th_acheerlead.gif

Sep 17, 2015 - 2nd Beta on 10DP5DT came back at 426.6 and Progesterone levels look good

Oct 2, 2015 - Started bleeding at 6w2d.. panicked and pre-poned the ultrasound for 6w5d

Oct 5, 2015 - 6w5d Week Ultrasound.... Saw the little bean. Measuring 7 weeks with heartbeat of 115.

Bleeding was due to SCH.

Stopped Estrace at 7w2d

Oct 17, 2015 - Brown spotting again at 8w4d, called and preponed the ultrasound to 8w5d

Oct 19, 2015 - 8w5d ultrasound... saw the lttle bean. Measuring 8w6d with heartbeat of 171.

Nov 11, 2015 - 12 week ultrasound and NT scan done. Baby measuring 12 weeks exact. heartbeat 153 - 157. The baby waved and stole our hearts. 

Nov 18, 2015 - intense pain in lower abdomen, went to the ER, diagnosed as round ligament pain.. Thankfully. Heartbeat on doppler 160 smile.png

Dec 9, 2015 - 16 week ultrasound and IPS blood work done. SCH has re-emerged and its near the cervix. its about 3.5mm. Placenta is also lying low right now. Dr. Adviced to wait and watch

Dec 30, 2015 - 19 Week ultrasound done. Anatomy Scan is perfect. our little bundle of joy is beautiful. we saw the baby kicking...adorable. SCH has resolved and placenta has moved up... thank goodness!!

OgUGm4.png?t=1&uVLGsPcE

#206 AshP

AshP
  • Global 100+
  • 450 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:38 AM

Babiesta- Thanks so much :) 

Weird...My nurse there didn't say anything about taking 3 days off, but I am a teacher so I am off for the summer right now, so maybe that's why she didn't mention it.

I have a PD day tomorrow that I will be going in for and that will be 2 days post transfer...I will just be taking it easy and not lifting anything heavy though when I am in.  The info sheet I got form Newlife didn't say anything about taking days off either...it just said to take it easy and limit activity for the day of transfer and the following day after that...?

As for the meds, everyone responds differently to them, but I have felt pretty good while on them, luckily.  I have been a bit more tired, gassy and bloated than usual, but that is really it.  I think you should be fine for this weekend :) 

Ashley (31), DH (32)

#207 melbous

melbous
  • 59 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Newlife Mississauga

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:31 PM

I took 2 days off and am back to work tomorrow. I have been trying to take it easy not doing anything too strenuous. Not necessarilly bed rest but not doing too much either. I work as a dental hygienist so I don't lift anything heavy at work but am usually quite exhausted when I get home so I hope it's not a problem going back to work tomorrow.

Quesion about the suppositories: Do you take then exactly 8 hours apart? I started off not taking my second dose until after work (6am then 6pm then 11pm) thinking if would be better to lie down for a little afterwards and not I'm hoping I didn't mess up my inital progesterone levels by waiting so long for the second dose. Have you ladies been told if timing is important?

Me: 35 DH:45 male factor

4xIUI 2014-2015 = BNF post wash counts range from 1-3 million

July 2015-   IVF #1=   11 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 5 fertilized by ICSI, 4 made it to day 5

AUG 2015-  FET #1=   3AA transfered = th_abfn.gif

SEPT 2015- FET #2=  2AA transfered  = th_abfp.gif

M/C at 5 weeks 5 days

NOV 2015- FET #3= 3AA transferred th_abfp.gif

M/C at 6 weeks

JAN 2016 - IVF #2-   7 eggs retreived, 7 fertilized & 4 made it to day 5, PSG 3 out of 4 normal

FEB 15th 2016- FET #4   PSG tested transferred icon_stickyvibespink.gif

#208 Cloud992

Cloud992
  • Global 100+
  • 359 posts
  • My Clinic:Procrea / CHUS

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:23 PM

I get so excited reading about transfers!  biggrin.png  

I took it very easy after my last transfer.  Even though my RE said I could resume all my activities (including running) the next day, I never felt comfortable enough to go for a run.  Also, it might be different this time since it's a FET but I remember that all the hormones taken during the cycle plus the ER really did a number on my ovaries and I could definitely feel a lot of things going on in my uterus during the weeks post-transfer. 

I've only experienced the 2ww one time but I remember how nerve racking it was.  I POAS 7dp5dt and it was BFN.  However, the next day it was ever so slightly positive for the first time in more than 3 years of POAS!  By 10dp5dt I was positive enough to tell my bf.  I spent so much money on pregnancy tests in the following days and weeks just to reassure myself!  icon_lol.gif I'm pretty sure I'll do the same this time around.  biggrin.png

• mrsfinxy likes this

Me: 39 DOR; DH: 42 no problem

TTC since Dec. 2010 

IUI #1 - oct/nov. 2012. Stimulated IUI (with gonal-f and serophene). BFN

IUI #2 - nov/dec. 2012. Stimulated IUI (with gonal-f and serophene). BFN

IUI #3 - dec/jan. 2012-13. Stimulated IUI (with gonal-f and serophene). BFN

Break (3 months in Europe)

IUI #4 - May/june. 2013. Stimulated IUI (with gonal-f and serophene). BFN

IUI #5 - June. 2013. Stimulated IUI (with gonal-f and serophene). BFN

IUI #6 - July/aug. 2013. Stimulated IUI (with gonal-f and serophene).BFN

IVF #1 - sept. 2013. Antagonist protocol (gonal-f, Luveris, Cetrotide) - aborted on sept. 9th b/c not enough mature follies - converted into IUI. BFN

IUI #7 - sept/oct. 2013. Natural IUI (to give ovaries a break). BFN

IVF #2 - oct/nov. 2013. Antagonist protocol (gonal-f, Luveris, Cetrotide)

nov. 6 - ER: 6 eggs! (excited because doctor could only see 3 mature follies on 2D u/s and almost aborted the protocol).

nov. 11 - ET 1 5-day blast (+ 2 frosties)

10dp5dt - BFP on hpt (definitely not an hallucination)!! BFP

11dp5dt - beta = 232

14dp5dt - beta = 983 (my clinic only does 1 beta test but I asked for another b/c I was very nervous.
5w2d: went to the clinic b/c sharp pain on left side for past 18 hours. RE can't confirm uterine pregnancy on u/s b/c too early. Beta = 3800.

5w4d: 2nd u/s to try to rule out ectopic.  RE can see a sac in my uterus!  Beta = 6507.

Dec. 10 (6w6d): viability u/s. Saw hb (don't know heart rate) and bean measuring 6w5d and 0.78 cm.  

Jan. 17 (12w2d): NT scan. Everything is good.  NT is normal.

Jan. 28 (13w6d): Harmony test results excellent (risk < 1/10,000). We're having a girl!!

March 10 (19w5d): Anatomy scan.  Everything looks perfect!  

May 27 (30w6d): Monthly OB appointment.  Fundal height at 27cm only (should be 31).  Growth scan scheduled.

June 3 (31w6d): Growth scan. Everything looks normal but baby is small: all her measurements are in the 20th percentile or below.

June 25 (35w): OB appointment. Fundal height at 31cm.

July 14 2014 (37w5d): baby Ellie is born at 5 lbs 5 oz. 

Trying for baby #2:

FET #1 - aug/sept. 2015 (estrace, aspirin and vibramycin)

sept. 18 - ET of a 5-day blast

sept. 29 - beta... BFN 

FET #2 - nov/dec. 2015 (estrace, aspirin and vibramycin) - last frozen embryo

dec. 3 - ET of a 5-day blast

dec. 14 - beta... BFN 

IVF #3 - april 2016 (gonal-f 450; luveris 150)

april 12 - cancelled cycle because only 1 growing follicle (converted into IUI)

april 15 - IUI... BFN

IVF #4 - july/aug. 2016 (Co-Q10 and DHEA until then)

#209 tammylj

tammylj
  • Global 100+
  • 297 posts
  • My Clinic:SDFC

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:38 PM

babiesta - Back when I did my first IVF in 2010 my RE had me do 3 days modified bed rest, but they have since changed the policy and just say take it easy. I never did the bedrest anyway. Many newer studies show it is not needed and may actually be harmful. Having said all that you just need to do what makes you feel comfortable and whatever it is that won't cause regrets should the cycle not work.

https://www.cnyferti...mbryo-transfer/

Tammy: 43 - Adhesions/DOR/MTHFR/Hypothyroid/No Tubes
DH: 45 - Low everything

TTC#1 - 16 years, finally financially able to try IVF. IVF#1 BFP! DS born Feb 2011
TTC#2 - 4 years, 10 ART cycles, 6 transfers. OE frosty m/c, 1 donor embryo BFN, then tubes removed due to hydros. New match and 2 BFNs & 1 m/c w/donor embryos. Third match with 10 donor embies. Transferred 2 blasts May 12, 2016. See about me for more details.

#210 AshP

AshP
  • Global 100+
  • 450 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:40 PM

Melbous- I think that's good! As long as you aren't lifting anything heavy, you should be good to go back to work tomorrow, I would think :)

I am a teacher and we have  PD day tomorrow that I have to attend, but won't have to do anything strenuous or any lifting, so I think I will be fine.  I took it extremely easy yesterday and lied in bed most of the day, taking breaks to go to the washroom and to eat, but today I walked about a bit more and went to acu appt and a couple stores, but then came home again and lied down.  

For the suppositories, I am not quite sure how particular you have to be with timing....I don't always take mine at exactly the same time.  When I get up early, I usually take one as soon as I wake up, then another one mid afternoon, and then the last one before I go to bed around 10-11pm.  I think your timing is OK, but I haven't actually read anything about it...:/

Cloud- Oh, wow! 10DPT is later, but I guess you said you got a faint line before that... was that a FET or fresh transfer?? 

Tammy- I read the same article I think lol...I was worried that doing full bed rest could be harmful because it's not great for blood flow... so hard to know...I have tried to do a balance of resting and light activity (walking around, no heavy lifting)...

Ashley (31), DH (32)

#211 Cloud992

Cloud992
  • Global 100+
  • 359 posts
  • My Clinic:Procrea / CHUS

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:17 PM

AshP - It was a fresh transfer.  I actually started to see a very very faint line before 10dp5dt but I wasn't sure if it was there.  I peed on different brands of HPT icon_lol.gif and the electronic ones even said "negative".    By 10dp5dt it was positive everywhere. 

Me: 39 DOR; DH: 42 no problem

TTC since Dec. 2010 

IUI #1 - oct/nov. 2012. Stimulated IUI (with gonal-f and serophene). BFN

IUI #2 - nov/dec. 2012. Stimulated IUI (with gonal-f and serophene). BFN

IUI #3 - dec/jan. 2012-13. Stimulated IUI (with gonal-f and serophene). BFN

Break (3 months in Europe)

IUI #4 - May/june. 2013. Stimulated IUI (with gonal-f and serophene). BFN

IUI #5 - June. 2013. Stimulated IUI (with gonal-f and serophene). BFN

IUI #6 - July/aug. 2013. Stimulated IUI (with gonal-f and serophene).BFN

IVF #1 - sept. 2013. Antagonist protocol (gonal-f, Luveris, Cetrotide) - aborted on sept. 9th b/c not enough mature follies - converted into IUI. BFN

IUI #7 - sept/oct. 2013. Natural IUI (to give ovaries a break). BFN

IVF #2 - oct/nov. 2013. Antagonist protocol (gonal-f, Luveris, Cetrotide)

nov. 6 - ER: 6 eggs! (excited because doctor could only see 3 mature follies on 2D u/s and almost aborted the protocol).

nov. 11 - ET 1 5-day blast (+ 2 frosties)

10dp5dt - BFP on hpt (definitely not an hallucination)!! BFP

11dp5dt - beta = 232

14dp5dt - beta = 983 (my clinic only does 1 beta test but I asked for another b/c I was very nervous.
5w2d: went to the clinic b/c sharp pain on left side for past 18 hours. RE can't confirm uterine pregnancy on u/s b/c too early. Beta = 3800.

5w4d: 2nd u/s to try to rule out ectopic.  RE can see a sac in my uterus!  Beta = 6507.

Dec. 10 (6w6d): viability u/s. Saw hb (don't know heart rate) and bean measuring 6w5d and 0.78 cm.  

Jan. 17 (12w2d): NT scan. Everything is good.  NT is normal.

Jan. 28 (13w6d): Harmony test results excellent (risk < 1/10,000). We're having a girl!!

March 10 (19w5d): Anatomy scan.  Everything looks perfect!  

May 27 (30w6d): Monthly OB appointment.  Fundal height at 27cm only (should be 31).  Growth scan scheduled.

June 3 (31w6d): Growth scan. Everything looks normal but baby is small: all her measurements are in the 20th percentile or below.

June 25 (35w): OB appointment. Fundal height at 31cm.

July 14 2014 (37w5d): baby Ellie is born at 5 lbs 5 oz. 

Trying for baby #2:

FET #1 - aug/sept. 2015 (estrace, aspirin and vibramycin)

sept. 18 - ET of a 5-day blast

sept. 29 - beta... BFN 

FET #2 - nov/dec. 2015 (estrace, aspirin and vibramycin) - last frozen embryo

dec. 3 - ET of a 5-day blast

dec. 14 - beta... BFN 

IVF #3 - april 2016 (gonal-f 450; luveris 150)

april 12 - cancelled cycle because only 1 growing follicle (converted into IUI)

april 15 - IUI... BFN

IVF #4 - july/aug. 2016 (Co-Q10 and DHEA until then)

#212 babiesta

babiesta
  • Global 100+
  • 390 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:55 PM

AshP - Thats strange, the nurse specifically told me to take 3 days off and said thats the protocol. I start my new job tomorrow and feeling apprehensive about taking leaves next week. I work in IT industry so thankfully no heavy lifting. 

Melbous - I did not read anything either about the timing for the suppositories. I have spaced them 7 hours apart though. Lets see if I can follow the same timing with the new job. 

Cloud - Hope this time around you get a BFP sooner than 10DPT

Tammy - Thanks for the article. Dont really know what is the perfect thing to do :) Whatever it is we do, hope it works for us.

What happens after the Transfer... do we still need to go to the clinic for bloodwork in the 2WW? 

TTC since 2010

2011 Nov - th_abfp.gif

Took few months break.

Referred to RE in 2014

4 Cycles of Clomid

6 Cycles Femara

All th_abfn.gif

Bleeding was due to SCH.

Stopped Estrace at 7w2d

OgUGm4.png?t=1&uVLGsPcE

#213 Ann

Ann
  • Global 100+
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:yoga, spending time with family
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:RFC

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:26 PM

Congrats to those that transferred today. Hope it went well. Reading posts regarding 2ww and I have done strict bed rest for both my kids. A friend of mine who has 5 boys from ivf coached me that do strict bed rest first week of u can so the embryo can implant. I also do circle and bloom meditations. They have ones for FET too and u listen each day. I love it! So I am laying in bed for the week. My 2 little ones will be implanting soon! I have felt it for both before. It's a sharp quick feeling and then u feel crampy. Thinking of u ladies...
IVF #1July 22nd 2010 1st apt called for testing Sept 28th HSG completed, finally all good to go!Oct 10th started superfact 5x dayOct 24th starting injectionsOct 27th bw and lowered Gonal FOct 28th u/s 19 follicles!Nov 2nd bw and u/s 16 beautiful folliclesNov 3rd bw and u/s - Trigger tonightNov 5th ER - 15 retrieved!Nov 6th 13 fertilized and growing!Nov 8th 11 nice lookim embiesNov 11th ET PUPO with 1 little Blast!Nov 22nd HPT - BFPNov 23rd Test dayNov 24th Clinic called we are Pregnant!Aug 5th 2011 - our healthy baby boy is born! Fet#1 May 9th transfered 2 beautiful 3 day embryos May 11th BFP

#214 Morgy

Morgy
  • Global 100+
  • 158 posts
  • My Clinic:Heartland

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:45 PM

Welcome Babiesta! Best of luck to you

Melbous: I try to take my suppositories 8 hours apart if at all possible with a half hour window on each side. I'm a nurse and this is the rule we follow for all medications. I do them when I'm at work and i don't worry about laying down afterwards. I figure they will absorb whether I am laying down or standing.

AFM: had my transfer today. Of course my bladder wasnt full enough so I had to wait to drink more water. I blame it on my nurse's bladder :) Doctor said the transfer was text book. Day 5 embie thawed really well and they used assisted hatching. My clinic has no instructions for bed rest and I always think that people who get pregnant naturally go about their life normally and the embies implant fine so thats what I'm going with, it makes me feel the most comfortable. We spent the afternoon going for lunch at one of our favorite restaurants and walking around the sculpture gardens here. It was a great day. Beta scheduled for Sept 14.

Me: 39 Endometriosis dx Oct '14 through laparoscopy; adhesions and blocked tubes, uterine hyperplasia.
DH: 44 azoospermia = IVF with ICSI is our only option.TTC 6 years 
Feb 4, 2015: TESE with 6 straws frozen
May 2015: started stimming for first Ivf ending in a freeze all cycle due to high risk for OHSS.
Sept 2015: transferred 1 5 day blast with assisted hatching and got a BFP
May 2016: delivered our healthy baby boy.
October 2020: finally decided to try again and scheduled for FET in Nov

#215 mrsfinxy

mrsfinxy
  • Cyclebase
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Knitting, Reading, Exercising
  • My Clinic:Aurora Reproductive Care

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:56 PM

Congrats on the transfer Morgy!

I also had my transfer today.  Our last little embryo survived the thaw and the transfer went great.  My beta is Sept 11th.  I likely won't poas because I just like to enjoy being pupo and seeing those bfns stress me out more than not knowing.

My clinic tells you to do 'bed rest' (ie take it easy) for the first 24 hours then nothing too strenuous for the next 24 hours.  I have been up and around the house today, but trying not to lift anything too heavy or climb the stairs too much.  The cycle that I conceived my DD, I did the 24 hours of bed rest, but then I went back to work and had a very busy week (I am a massage therapist) and got a bfp.  I really don't think the bed rest makes much of a difference, but I think our clinics want to make sure we don't have any regrets about doing something strenous right after the transfer. 

See about me page

#216 Morgy

Morgy
  • Global 100+
  • 158 posts
  • My Clinic:Heartland

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:24 PM

congrats Mrsfinxy on your transfer. Agreed on the bed rest rationale. I think its all about what you wont regret if it fails.

Me: 39 Endometriosis dx Oct '14 through laparoscopy; adhesions and blocked tubes, uterine hyperplasia.
DH: 44 azoospermia = IVF with ICSI is our only option.TTC 6 years 
Feb 4, 2015: TESE with 6 straws frozen
May 2015: started stimming for first Ivf ending in a freeze all cycle due to high risk for OHSS.
Sept 2015: transferred 1 5 day blast with assisted hatching and got a BFP
May 2016: delivered our healthy baby boy.
October 2020: finally decided to try again and scheduled for FET in Nov

#217 Nessiboo

Nessiboo
  • Global 100+
  • 545 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:29 AM

Congrats to all you ladies who are PUPO!!! This board is moving along so quickly and everyone is getting their pieces for the game! I hope you all have BFP! Xxxxx

AFM, still waiting on AF so u can begin the process... I started having AF symptoms so hopefully withing the next week I will get it!

How are all my ladies doing, is it true that a fet takes longer to implant than a fresh?

@breezy - how are you doing? I tried to look for updates on here but didn't see any from you!

@SUNSHINE - yay you have started! So excited for you... Are you nervous?

@Morgy- I hope this is your cycle, all the best Hun.. Will you test early!?

@Ashp - yay!!!!! You're finally POPU!!! Praying for you Hun that this is your cycle!!! Xxxxxxx are you going to test early? Keep us posted on symptoms
Me 27 DH 29
Male factor IF
May 18 2015 ER 19 retrieved - 17 fertilized- 6 5 day blastocyst
May 23 ET- perfect 5AA blastocyst in the perfect spot- Dr said cycle looked amazing!
May 27 HPT- positive woot woot I'm pregnant
June 5 beta- 1630!!! Over the moon happy
June 9 bleeding passed clots- beta still rising- bleeding stopped
June 17 went for ultrasound- beautiful baby heartbeat 111!
June 17 1hr after ultrasound started bleeding and passing clots.
June 18 another ultrasound showed baby had no hb... We are devastated!
July 3 our 4yr wedding anniversary but sadly finally passed the placenta on this day😢S

September 30 2015 start meds for FET
November 2 SET of a beautiful blast thawed 100%
November 6 BFP on HPT- woot woot
November 9 oh no bleeding... Pls not again!
November 11 beta 293
November 13 beta 659
November 15 final beta 1263
December 3 waiting for ultrasound and terrified!

#218 breezyboo

breezyboo
  • 1000+
  • 1940 posts
  • Interests:Cooking (:
  • My Clinic:Barbados

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:11 AM

Nesiboo- I've been lurking off and on :) I am on birth control now and will take my last pill 9/16!

Me: 30 Hypothyroid, Endo, MTHFR, elevated Cytokines,TNF 36.8 (13.2-30.6) IFN 27.5(5.8-20.5). 2006-Twin m/c @ 8wks w/ex BF followed by 22 BFN's ... 6 months on clomid & 4 IUI's. Married for 5yrs to the love of my life. We want to make that love childDH: 31 Azoospermia (NOA) FSH 28.3, LH & testosterone levels normal Normal genetics. NOA possibly due to injury when younger.IVF/ICSI Barbados 201312/3-ER! 18 eggs, 12 mature & 10 fertilized!12/8-ET! 2 beautiful beans snuggled into place! 7 snowflakes!12/13- BFP12/17- Beta 9dp5dt 255!12/19 Beta 11dp5dt 392, 13dp5dt 585???12/26 Beta 3,388!1/2 U/S TWINS!! HB's 122& 1211/20 U/S Lost Baby B @ 7-8 weeks. Baby A doing great!IT'S A BOY!!!4/29 @ 6 months our sweet boy became an angel ABSOLUTELY HEARTBROKEN  FET January 2015 CANCELLED thin lining WTF?FET September 2015 CANCELLED due to a cyst/delayed period...You gotta be kidding me?!FET October 2015 BFN ICSI/PGS Banking @ MCRM Feb & May 2016Feb & May 2016= 3 girls & 4 boys
FET October 13 2016 1 PGS normal girl = BFP!!!!! :D

#219 hopeful_ss

hopeful_ss
  • 25 posts
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:40 AM

Hi ladies, wanted to join in after my BFN in August. Nessiboo, Tammylj, sorry to see you girls here after your BFNs too. Seems like there are a handful of us going into the next FET after last month. I began estrogen patches last week and am tentatively booked for transfer Sept 11 (lining check is tomorrow). 

AshP, I've followed along quietly in the Aug & Sept forums and have been feeling for you with ongoing lining difficulties- and so happy for you that you finally got your >7mm lining, and are PUPO!! Exciting!!

Congrats to EOE also PUPO now. As for the discussion of bed rest, my clinic has no specific instructions but I tried to take it easy on transfer day and the day after. How did you ladies deal with resuming exercise during the TWW? Did you do gentle exercise, stay off it entirely, or just resume as normal after the first couple days? I found it hard to refrain from my usual exercise (I like to do classes at the gym).

Finally I also had that same question re: when to space out suppositories. I had tried to do (and will try coming up) every 7-8 hours, not necessarily the same time everyday. Helpful to know you gals are doing that too. 

Baby dust!!

Me: 29  30, DH: 32  34;  TTC 2 yrs; Male factor

AB
IVF #1 w/ ICSI (DH 98% ASAs) - Feb/Mar 2015

Stimmed late Feb, ER March 1: 21 eggs retrieved

Day 1: 11 fertilizedDay 3: 12 growing (gained one!); Day 5: 12 embryos arrested, 0 blasts to transfer =( 

DH found to have sperm DNA fragmentation, next steps to pursue pICSI 

ON

IVF#2 w/ ICSI & pICSI - June 2015

Stimmed June, ER June 17: 12 eggs retrieved

Day 1: all 12 mature, 11 fertilized; Day 3: all 11 still going; Day 5: 1 blastocyst frozen!; Day 6: 4 more blasts frozen! 

FET#1 Aug 2015

July 29 - begin estrogen patches (CD4)

Aug 5 - lining check, all is a go!; Aug 6 - begin prometrium suppositories; Aug 9 begin PIO

Aug 11 - transferred day 5 - 3AA blast --> BFN  =(

FET#2 Sept 2015

Aug 25 - begin estrogen patches (CD3) and baby aspirin

Sept 4 - lining check; Sept 6, begin vaginal prometrium

Sept 11 - transferred day 6, 5AA blast (re-expanded and hatching at transfer)

First Beta hCG at 552! Second beta doubled to 1162! Heart beat seen 6w, 106bpm!! EDD on May 29, 2016 

8wk ultrasound showed missed m/c, no more heart beat, baby measuring 6w2d sad.pngsad.png 

#220 C_J

C_J
  • 92 posts
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:22 AM

Hey ladies! Just wondering if I can join your group? I am hopefully having a FET in mid September. We did our first round of IVF in Dec 2014 and that resulted in a chemical pregnancy. We had none to freeze from that round. We did another round of IVF in April which was a BFN. Luckily we had 2 to freeze that time. I started Suprefact in May for a early July transfer but unfortunately developed a large cyst, likely from the Suprefact. After delaying a few weeks and weekly ultrasounds to check on the cyst, my RE ended up cancelling the cycle. The cyst is now resolved so we will proceed with our FET this month. I had an endometrial scratch 2 weeks ago and started Estrase and Dexamethasone a week ago. My lining check is scheduled for next Friday. good luck to everyone this month!

#221 Nessiboo

Nessiboo
  • Global 100+
  • 545 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:34 PM

Time to VENT!..... So my pregnant cousin who is due any day now just told me she is stealing my baby name we had picked out for our daughter if we are ever so lucky to have one.... I am so effing pissed. My mom said "that is the name for my future grad daughter, you can't have it (in joking playful way)" my cousin said well that is for a future kid and my child if coming any day now. I was so effing hurt and still am!
Me 27 DH 29
Male factor IF
May 18 2015 ER 19 retrieved - 17 fertilized- 6 5 day blastocyst
May 23 ET- perfect 5AA blastocyst in the perfect spot- Dr said cycle looked amazing!
May 27 HPT- positive woot woot I'm pregnant
June 5 beta- 1630!!! Over the moon happy
June 9 bleeding passed clots- beta still rising- bleeding stopped
June 17 went for ultrasound- beautiful baby heartbeat 111!
June 17 1hr after ultrasound started bleeding and passing clots.
June 18 another ultrasound showed baby had no hb... We are devastated!
July 3 our 4yr wedding anniversary but sadly finally passed the placenta on this day😢S

September 30 2015 start meds for FET
November 2 SET of a beautiful blast thawed 100%
November 6 BFP on HPT- woot woot
November 9 oh no bleeding... Pls not again!
November 11 beta 293
November 13 beta 659
November 15 final beta 1263
December 3 waiting for ultrasound and terrified!

#222 impatience

impatience
  • Global 100+
  • 220 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 03 September 2015 - 04:43 PM

Oh Nessiboo, I feel for you! My sister-in-law was pregnant with her third child this summer, and I was terrified that they would use the girl's name we have talked about. (My mother died when I was a teenager, and I would like to name a daughter after her, but I am sure that my brother would, too.) Fortunately, they had a boy, so it didn't come up. 

I think that a cousin's child will be a distant enough relation to your child that they could have the same first name without it being a problem, so you can still give that name to your daughter one day, but your cousin's response was so insensitive! Some people just do not understand how hurtful their words can be, and how raw this topic always is already for us. 

#223 abbygirl17

abbygirl17
  • Global 100+
  • 308 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Edmonton

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:49 PM

😡what a b$&! 😘hugs nessiboo

#224 mrsfinxy

mrsfinxy
  • Cyclebase
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Knitting, Reading, Exercising
  • My Clinic:Aurora Reproductive Care

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:10 PM

That is really insensitive of her Nessiboo.  I would certainly think twice if someone told me that it was the name they intended to use....especially if it was a close friend of family member. 

See about me page

#225 abbygirl17

abbygirl17
  • Global 100+
  • 308 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Edmonton

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:33 AM

On my way to clinic to transfer, hope it goes better then my night did I got like no sleep 😁
  • mrsfinxy likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FET, HOROMONES, MEDROL, LUPRON, PROGESTERONE, ROLLERCOASTER, SUPPORT, BABYWANTED