#1 Ttc&praying

Ttc&praying
  • Global 100+
  • 112 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:1st Clinic- Heartland, 2nd-Sanford

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:34 PM

I am currently 6 weeks + 4 days pregnant after a FET of 2 blasts

We had an ultrasound last week and there was one embryo that stuck, it was measuring on track and a heartbeat was detected at 5 weeks +6 days

Since yesterday evening I have noticed that I have a light brownish with a tinge of pink vaginal discharge when I wipe (it's almost a beige color). This morning it was on my liner. I am taking estrogen patches and progesterone vaginal suppositories.

Of course I am scared, like everything else in this process.

Have you had this happen to you? what was your outcome?

Thank you!

#2 mouse

mouse

Honorary PhD

• Super Moderator
  • 7477 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:BKK/KWI/JHFC

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:23 PM

If you do a search here on the site you'll find literally hundreds of ladies who've spotted at some point early on in their pregnancies.  In many cases it subsides and there is no impact on the outcome.  In other cases, a subchorionic hematoma is diagnosed and they may have restricted activity or bedrest.  And inevitably, in some cases the pregnancy fails.  Unfortunately, there's no way to know what way it will go for you until you know.  Fingers crossed for you!

• lumnay likes this
The plural of anecdote is not data.

Charity gives a meal; justice provides a place at the table.

#3 lumnay

lumnay
  • Global 100+
  • 712 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:55 PM

hi Ttc&praying,

I'm sorry to hear you're going through this.  I am currently going through a similar situation.  This is my 1st IVF and I had a fresh transfer of one 4AA day5 blastocyst.  I have been bleeding and spotting since 6weeks.  Here's the summary so far:

• At exactly 6 weeks I had some bleeding.  Ultrasound #1 (at 6wk1d) showed a normal sac.  This was done by RE #2.  
  • At 6weeks and 4days I had the worst backpain, with severe cramping a gush of blood and bleeding overnight.  U/S #2 (6wk5d) done by RE#1 showed a normal but a little bit behind fetus in a normal sac.  Then a 2nd sac was seen but it was empty and smaller. RE # 1 reassured me it's looking good.
  • At 7weeks and 2 days, U/S#3 (by RE #2) showed fetus still a few days behind but RE#2 not optimistic.  He couldn't see the heartbeat well either. When asked about the 2nd sac, he dismissed my question and said nothing could be done at this point. I have no idea what to do at this point.
  • Waiting for U/S # 4 tomorrow.  

Hang in there. I know it is scary and very difficult.  Everyday is a torture.  My husband and I are anxious but we just try to live one day at a time.  This is harder than a 2ww.  In fact, I feel that if this is not going to give me a positive outcome I'd rather start another cycle ASAP. 

Ttc&praying, I'm here if you'd like to chat. I wish you'd be in a better position when you reach where I'm at today (7weeks5days).

All the best!

Who stole ambushed my stork?  So many failed cycles with nothing to show but bills, receipts, and empty bottles of medications/herbs/supplements. See my profile for details...

UPDATE: I'm counting the days and hours waiting for this miracle to unfold. Christina Perri's A Thousand Years pretty much sums up my experience.

#4 eyedoc

eyedoc
  • Global 100+
  • 452 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:47 PM

I had a combo of spotting/bleeding on and off from about 5 - 13 weeks. I had a subchorionic hematoma - they are actually fairly common. I'm not sure when it resolved itself, but by the time I had my 20 week US it was gone. I didn't have any restrictions or anything... Just lived life as usual. Currently almost 34 weeks pregnant! As mouse mentioned, many people have spotting/bleeding and go on to have a normal pregnancy.

Me - 33, PCOS
DH - 38, Male factor

April 2012 - Started TTC #1
2013 - 2014 - Several medicated cycles and 3 IUI - all BFN

November/December 2014 - IVF #1
Transfer of 1 day 5 embryo, 3 embryos frozen - BFP th_abfp.gif
pPROM @ 35 weeks and our baby babygirl.gif made her early appearance on July 26, 2015

July 2015 - Phone consultation with clinic to look at doing a FET towards the end of the year

August 2015 - Natural BFP??  th_abfp.gif  We are in shock!  Ultrasound at clinic confirms I was already 9 weeks pregnant and had NO IDEA!

Due date for baby B #2 - March 27, 2017

#5 Merry33

Merry33
  • 1000+
  • 1208 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 13 July 2015 - 08:48 PM

If it is only spotting and doesn't get worse with severe cramping you'll probably be ok. Lots of women spot in early pregnancy, especially those who underwent IF treatments.

That being said, it can go either way. I had the same type of spotting in two pregnancies - one ended in an early miscarriage and the other one is going well so far. I would not be able to tell any difference between the spotting in the two pregnancies except that in the one that ended badly the spotting turned into bleeding at some point, the bleeding got worse, and so did the cramping. With this pregnancy I was spotting until about 8 weeks. Since the spotting was so similar to the previous one I was certain that I'd m/c again, but it didn't happen (so far at least, fingers crossed).

I know how nervewracking this is - wishing you the best of luck!

#6 amazing grace

amazing grace
  • Global 100+
  • 750 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 14 July 2015 - 09:40 AM

I had spotting up to 12 weeks almost every other week. I was told to watch the colour and the amount. Mine usually stopped within an hour. There was only one time when it scared me because it looked like a period and I had cramping. I Went in for an ultrasound and it was fine. Sometimes if could be nothing, and other times it can be something more concerning. Try not to worry and just keep an eye on it. I know it is easy to say.  Good luck and hoping everything will be okay.

Lumnay, following your story and praying for your success.

• lumnay likes this

#7 farmwife

farmwife
  • Global 100+
  • 579 posts
  • My Clinic:Edmonton

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:33 PM

I spotted early on and off from beta day to probably 8 weeks or so, some days more than others. I had no other issues during my pregnancy. My little guy is 14 months now. I remember when I asked the nurse about it her exact words were "if its bright red, lots and cramping go to emergency, if it's discharge like and minimal stop putting the suppositories up next to your tonsils and that should help" :) in my case that helped quite a bit.

Good luck!  

~ Sometimes even the most dusty of dirt roads lead to the most beautiful scenery~ Journey details in 'About Me'

#8 Red Wine

Red Wine
  • Cyclebase
  • 2692 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:54 PM

I had subchorionic bleeding at six weeks and I have 10 month old now!

Best of luck.

See about me page.

#9 Ttc&praying

Ttc&praying
  • Global 100+
  • 112 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:10 PM

Thank you everyone for your feedback and the experiences you have been through.

My beta shot up drom 3900 to 20000 in 7 days so Its rising as it should be. my spotting has stopped. I have also stopped shoving the endometrin tabs up into my lungs.

Praying for goods news on our next ultrasound.
  • mouse, kristeen033, CdnHockeyGal and 1 other like this

#10 Ttc&praying

Ttc&praying
  • Global 100+
  • 112 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 12:15 PM

Thank you for all your support. Just wanted to update you and let you know that I am 9 weeks today and there a heartbeat of 182 today. Everything on ultrasound looks good. I still have a little bit of spotting here and there,but I know that its normal and I am no longer worrying about it so much.

Thank you again!

#11 Red Wine

Red Wine
  • Cyclebase
  • 2692 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:08 PM

Great news! Best of luck!

See about me page.