• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Yara

Yara
  • 11 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:10 PM

Hi,

This is my first post, and I really need your feedback. I'm currently in my second IVF where the transfer was in Mar 12. With my blood test almost two weeks age, I was really HAPPY when I was told that I'm pregnant. I went today for my viability ultrasound, but they couldn't find any embryos...they said that they are maybe small or maybe it's a pregnancy that won't survive...what do you think? I'm really worried and scared...They will do another viability ultrasound next week...BTW, I didn't have any bleeding after the transfer so far..except few cramps...

:icon_cry:

#2 Yara

Yara
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:23 PM

Hi,

Some friends and relatives are telling me that it's sometimes too early and hard to see the fetus especially after a month of the IVF transfer...any feedback fro the Drs?

Thanks

#3 Peter

Peter

Embryologist

• 1000+
  • 3,061 posts
  • Interests:Stem cells, cord blood and infertility
  • My Clinic:The Bridge Clinic, Lagos, Nigeria

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:29 AM

Hi,

This is my first post, and I really need your feedback. I'm currently in my second IVF where the transfer was in Mar 12. With my blood test almost two weeks age, I was really HAPPY when I was told that I'm pregnant. I went today for my viability ultrasound, but they couldn't find any embryos...they said that they are maybe small or maybe it's a pregnancy that won't survive...what do you think?

It can depend on the skill and experience of the scan technician but only time will tell......

Good luck!

Peter

I'm really worried and scared...They will do another viability ultrasound next week...BTW, I didn't have any bleeding after the transfer so far..except few cramps...

www.thebridgeclinic.com
www.wmin.ac.uk
www.smartcells.com

#4 Yara

Yara
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 01:38 PM

Dear Dr. Peter,

Thanks for your reply. I went for another Viability U/S yesterday, and they found out that sac is bigger than last time. However, the scan technician said that it couldn't find or feel any fetus in it...is it normal!!!!!

The doctor asked us to keep taking the progestrone and do another U/S next week. She said that the baby might growing slowly where I suppose to be in week 7, but the scan indicate a progress of week 5.

I'm still hoping that I'll have my baby soon and I'll have a postive news next week.

What do you think of my case Dr. Peter?

Thanks and have a nice weekend?

Yara :icon_cry:

#5 Peter

Peter

Embryologist

• 1000+
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:02 AM

Hi,

This is my first post, and I really need your feedback. I'm currently in my second IVF where the transfer was in Mar 12. With my blood test almost two weeks age, I was really HAPPY when I was told that I'm pregnant. I went today for my viability ultrasound, but they couldn't find any embryos...they said that they are maybe small or maybe it's a pregnancy that won't survive...what do you think?

That's about all that can be said at the moment. It is really a matter of just waiting and seeing what happens.

Good luck!

Peter

I'm really worried and scared...They will do another viability ultrasound next week...BTW, I didn't have any bleeding after the transfer so far..except few cramps...

www.thebridgeclinic.com
www.wmin.ac.uk
www.smartcells.com

#6 Peter

Peter

Embryologist

• 1000+
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:03 AM

Dear Dr. Peter,

Thanks for your reply. I went for another Viability U/S yesterday, and they found out that sac is bigger than last time. However, the scan technician said that it couldn't find or feel any fetus in it...is it normal!!!!!

The doctor asked us to keep taking the progestrone and do another U/S next week. She said that the baby might growing slowly where I suppose to be in week 7, but the scan indicate a progress of week 5.

I'm still hoping that I'll have my baby soon and I'll have a postive news next week.

What do you think of my case Dr. Peter?

Not being able to see a fetus isn't perfect but it will take another week or two to be sure of what is happening. Sorry to be vague but is a 'wait and see' situation.........

Good luck!

Peter

Thanks and have a nice weekend?

Yara :icon_cry:

www.thebridgeclinic.com
www.wmin.ac.uk
www.smartcells.com

#7 Yara

Yara
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 11:33 AM

Dear Dr. Peter,

Tomorrow is my 3rd Viability U/S. I'm hoping that they'll see the sac this time with embryo inside of it. Please may you tell me that by tomorrow, they should see something in order to decide whether or not to continue on taking the progesterone and Estrace. Here is a feedback on my IVF:

Collection in 10th March

Transfer in 12th March

Blood test in 26th March: Positive

Viability U/S # 1 in 11th April: Nothing seen except very small maybe sac

Viability U/S # 2 in 18th April: Saw sac without fetus or embryo

Viability U/S # 2 in 27th April: :unsure:

Also, may you advice me what to ask them in case of unseen embryo? This is my second IVF cycle. I'm 32 years old, and the reason that they asked us to try IVF is my FSH level for my age.

Thanks Dr. Peter

Yara