SugarBare

• 1000+
  • 372 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 25 May 2004 - 09:13 PM

Howdy...

Ok, so here's our update & I hope you're all excited for us? :D

We got called back saying that our clinic would offer us the 50% off our cycle. The cycle cost $4,500. The $500.00 for freezing our embryos is not included in this discount. So what we are looking at now is on day 1 of treatment *first day of Syneral* we send them $1,500. Then on the first of each month afterwards for 3 months, we'll have them debit our card for $250.00 a month.($750.00) Right now the clinic is also trying to allow for compassionate medications as well. *geez* I sure wish we knew about all of this during our first cycle. <_<

So....DH & I talked about it & now we've decided that we will do this in July/Aug.
I will start Syneral on the 2nd of July & we'll leave for Van around the 20th of July. I believe our retrieval will be on the 30th & transfer on Aug 2nd. DH suggested we do it right now with this cycle, but that would mean I'd start my meds on June 2nd. Wait..for me I said, way to soon. I'm just starting to wake up here to the reality I could be pregnant again & actually have a baby in my arms by this time next year..*WOW* :P

Besides that, I'm sure the bank wouldn't be to happy if I were to go in and say *Hey, oh by the way I need 3 weeks off in 3 weeks. No No, at least this way I can go in next week & say I will need 3 week off at the end of July. To boot, we are moving back into town at the end of June, so it wouldn't work. Can you believe this? I'm soo excited & soooo very hopeful. We've been told that now because I'm 36, I can have 3 transferred. DH is not to excited about that..*LOL* But I really want 3 transferred. I bet we get twins!! :huh:

Hope everyone's having a good day! ;)

Bare
:wub:
Posted Image
IVF #1. BFP - Lost due to placental Abruption @ 18 wks
FET #1. BFP - Chemical
IVF #2. BFP - Lost @ 6.5 wks. Cause unknown
FET #2. BFP - Lost @ 7wks cause unknown
IVF #3. Oct/Nov - 2006 - BFN
Tested + FOR ANA @ 40 (Now apparently gone)
Anemia (Severe) Ferritin levels 3 *now 16*
Controlled High Blood Pressure
Hypothyroid - 88 mg Synthroid daily
Serous Cyst found on left ovary, that will not go away
IVF #4 - Starting BCP > 06/16/10 (Flare Protocol)
ER-July 18, 2010 --*7 eggs*--ICSI--ET-July 21, 2010 *Transfered 3 beautiful Embryos*
Here we go again...Hoping "BELIEVING" in a positive summer cycle 2010 Posted Image

*BFN*

#2 chatty

chatty
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 06:08 AM

Wow this is wonderful news, I can tell you are thrilled.

Best of luck, I truly wish you both the best!!
Me 33, DH 35
Stage four endo, one tube and ovary removed 2001
TTC: approx. 3.5 years before moving onto IVF
One failed Donor Egg IVM / IVF - October 2004
Adopted privately - August 2005

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 08:32 AM

Wow Bare,

That is amazing news... I wish more clinics would offer what yours is doing for you.

Way to go....

Take good care of yourself for the next few weeks.

Nat

#4 eve

eve
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 11:00 PM

Hi again,

I tooka break form our forum. Lots of changes. I would like to know how Nat, Brendina and Notherngirl, Karin and everybody else are doing. I missed so much that I need an update.

Barendina, as far as I remember you went through ivf frozen cycle and got pregnant last time. Am I correct? Plese let me know.

Nat, how are you doing? Did you and your dh made a decision?

Notherngirl, I hope that everything is going well for you.

Karin, did you go for donor ivf or adoption?

We are still undecided. My dh had his sa checked every 3 months and it improved a lot to almos normal range. We just came back from Genesis in Vancouver and we were encouraged to try ivf with icsi again. Our last ivft did not worked and was done at VGH. We are contemplating what to do. Right now we are in the process of selling our home and I am suppose to go overseas to visit my parents in September, so if we decide for one more ivf it will be after I come back. Nothing is happening with BC adoption and we are still thinking about US one, but we did not send any papers. We want to be settled in our new home first. The doctor in Genesis did not know why we produced only 2 good quality embryos (even though I had lots of eggs and 10 embryos). She suggested to try another ivf-icsi and see what quality I will produce this time. If only two again, she would call it quits. We are torn, because we were thinknig about adoption more than another ivf and now we are tempted again. We were hoping thath dh sa will be good enought o try clomid with iui, but our new doctor says that since dh sa varries depending if he is sick etc. we can't take a chance. Can anybody give me any feedback on Genesis in Vancouver?

Eve

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 07:23 AM

Hi Eve,

It's really great to hear from you again and I wish there was a decision that was easy to make for you. It is so much money to spend on a maybe, it's easy for the doctor to say just try again because by the time you get to the embryos the money is already spent where that money could have been used toward adoption... I hope something comes your way that makes this decision easier.

We are kind of in the same boat, my last appt with RE he said same thing try again but the last attempt took so much out of me emotionally that I needed to take a break. My husband keeps pushing for the "natural" approach, ie we try on our own for a few months so that being said... I am still doing acupuncture and will move on to stronger herbs in the next few weeks. I went for "intolerance" testing and I am on a candida detox and heavy metals/chemical detox as well. I am on a high dose of B12 and B6 vitamins. I will detox for six weeks (I have done 3.5 so far) and then reassess by acupuncturist. I am off all wheat and dairy and I feel quite a bit better. I also started seeing a chiropractor so I am hoping that all this combined will help and if nothing in the next 4-6 months then we may revisit ivf.

We are going to see my husband's brother and sister in law who had the twins through donor ivf and Eve that have made us an amazing offer that we are considering as they still have 3 frozen embryos.

This whole journey is so difficult and there are so many things to think about, Ijust want the crystal ball to let us know which way to go, wouldn't that make life easier?

Keep well my friend.

Nat

#6 Barendina

Barendina

SugarBare

• 1000+
  • 372 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 02:16 AM

Eve, yes we did do a frozen embryo transfer in Feb, and were lucky to get a positive. My beta was 76. But 2 days later it had dropped to 24. It was less than 1 week later, when we passed the baby. Unfortunate, but I again have hope with this upcoming *Fresh* cycle :D

Bare
:wub:
Posted Image
FET #1. BFP - Chemical
ER-July 18, 2010 --*7 eggs*--ICSI--ET-July 21, 2010 *Transfered 3 beautiful Embryos*
Here we go again...Hoping "BELIEVING" in a positive summer cycle 2010 Posted Image

*BFN*

#7 eve

eve
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 11:00 PM

Hi Bare and Natt,

Thank you for your reply. Bare, sorry for your loss. I must be hard to hear good news and than have it all taken away. It looks that you are getting pregnant quite easy and I have lots of hope that it will work next time. Natt, are you seriously considering donor embryos? Is you husband warming up to this idea? It would be nice to have a cousin/brother or cousin/sister for your brother in law and sister in law and their children. I never thought about how you explain things like this to your children. We read a lot about explaining adoption, but how and when do you explain donor situation to your child? I am sure that you and your dh thought about already. You and your dh are lucky to have the option of using existing embryos. It is nice to know that embryos will not be destroyed and can be carried by you rather than some stranger. My leftover embryos were not good enough for frezing, but I felt bad letting them die.
My dh leans more towards adoption form USA. I feel that this is the route we will probably take. I am tired of trying to get pregnant. Even if another ivf would work. I am afraid of another loss and all that comes before it. Every time I go to the bathroom I check if I am bleelding etc. My dh even more than me feels that we can love our adopted baby. We both decided that we will have to apply for USA adoption no later than this fall. If we do not we are done with children. I will be 40 this fall and my dh just turned 45. It seems like it is too late already, but we are giving ourselves few more months. One reson is that I want to visit my parents overseas in September/October. My dad is not well and I know once we apply for USA adoption I want to be close to home.
Did you hear anything form Northerngirl. She should be due pretty soon. I hope that everything is going ok for her.

Eve

#8 Barendina

Barendina

SugarBare

• 1000+
  • 372 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 11:50 PM

Eve,

It looks that way doesn't it! :D

If someone was to say "You'll get pregnant with the 1 embryo they implant" I would have laughed :lol:

But that's what happened :)

I was actually driving home from workl when our clinic called and everyone there was rootin for us. Our fertility nurse said "Are you sitting down" I was like "I'm driving home right now" When she told me it was a positive, I had top pull over to the side of the highway, because I was crying so hard I couldn't see. I had her crying as well. She said "Oh Barendina now you got me started" :rolleyes:

That amazing feeling was short lived, as I started to show pink that night, and 2 days later I had my second Beta. It came back at only 24. :(

It was later that week, I started to get cramps, and I knew it was all over. It was a very sad day for Daniel and I. But now we will try again. After losing our baby Ethan at 18 weeks in October, I never thought we'd have the chance to cycle again. This is a miracle in itself. :D

I can't wait to begin....Hopeful for July 2nd start. ;)

Bare :wub:
Posted Image
FET #1. BFP - Chemical

*BFN*

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 07:59 AM

Hi Eve,

Well since my last email I had another blow. The girl who had offered to be a donor for us just told us she is pregnant this weekend, I was not the one on the phone and I could not speak to her because she didn't really want to be pregnant and here it is which closes off another option for us.

My husand was totally against using the embryos at first but his brother spoke to him after (as they had to make a decision on whether to keep these on ice or destroy as they had paid for a year of storage) and after talking to them he was more receptive and they are paying for another year of storage. We will discuss it more when we see them in a couple of weeks as there are lots of things to talk about and bring out in the open as this brings a whole set of ramifications with it... ie telling my family how odd this is.... and I think that when my dh spends time with the babies he will be much more receptive.

I hope something good comes your way soon Eve.

Bare, can't wait to keep up with your progress when you start your cycle.

Nat

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 10:24 AM

Bare

That is great news, congratulations. I am sending lots of prayers your way that all this works out.

Babydust!!

Jessie-Lynn

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 10:30 AM

Hi Nat

How are you doing? It sounds like you have so much on your plate. I wish that men handled all this and could talk about it in the same way that women can. You have some tough decisions ahead, it is great that your DH's brother is supportive. Do what works for you.

I am also very interested in the natural herbs and detox you are doing? If possible could you email me and tell me about it. Have you heard of a book by Marilyn Glenville that is supposed to be wonderful with respect to diet and infertility.
Home - macdjl@yahoo.co.uk
Work - jessie-lynn.macdonald@statcan.ca
I am out in Winnipeg for a conference this week until the middle of next week.

Anyway, would love to chat.

Keep the faith.

Jessie-Lynn

#12 eve

eve
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 09:01 PM

Hi Nat, I did not know that you had a egg donor lined up. would she be wilng to donor her eggs after she has her baby? I know this is a long wait.
I hope your visit with your brother in law and sister in law will go well.
Eve

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 01:06 PM

Hi Eve,

Who knows at this point because last time she had a baby she breastfed for close to one year and therefore her cycles did not return so that would be like waiting for two years and I know I don't have it in me to wait that long.

Nat