Working or relaxing after intralipids? - IVF/FET/IUI Cycle Buddies - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Working or relaxing after intralipids?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 farmgirl19

farmgirl19
  • Global 100+
  • 420 posts
  • Interests:Reading, learning to Knit, riding horses, barrel racing, camping, being outdoors!
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:vfc

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:12 AM

Hey!

a kind of silly question for anyone who has had intralipids before... 

I have had intralipids before it was just after a transfer so i went back to my hotel room and hung out there for the rest of the day. I did not feel any side effects from it and was good. 

This time when i have intralipids, it is before my transfer and i'm wondering if i should take the day off to rest up after or head back to work? (I'm a Grade 1 and 2 teacher). I'm assuming it will be okay to go back after ??

Me -27. DH-32
Me- PCOS- diagnosed when 14ishDH- 100% normal
Married 2009
Took a year "off" before TTC - ha ha hind sight is a wonderful thing!
Talked to the doctor about PCOS( as he was not the one who diagnosed me with it originally)-- wanted us to ttc naturally for a year before fertility treatments.

2011- 2012- sent to RFP for a consult. Suggested to go on clomid, went on clomid for numerous cycles. Nothing was happening, phoned to get on IVF waiting list, doc told me to stay on clomid because it was working for me, just might take a little more time. (He said this without ever monitoring me). Went back to family doctor and he suggested

VFC2013-- phone consult with VFC, decided to do IVF

August 2013- Severe OHSS, all embryos frozen- 10 in total
November- 2013- set to do first FET, estrace didn't make lining thick enough and also breast lump was found (benign, but still monitoring) so cycle was cancelled.

February 2014- FET #1- BFN
April 2014- FET #2- BFN
July 2014- FET#3- BFN.......

Mock cycle to do an ERA test and do another FET if ERA comes back good.
ERA test done on Nov. 13th- results came back Receptive- thats good news i guess.... still no answers as why the previous 3 FETS didnt work

December 2014-
FET#4- BFN
Wtf appointment- doctor thinks DH and I are too genetically similar and therefore my body rejects the embryo and the NK cells take over.

January 2015- immune testing- dh and I are a partial match meaning 1 out of 4 embryo will not implant and I have high NK cells. Trying another transfer. Gluten free 12 weeks, intralipids 10 days prior to ET, and also day of ET. Prednisone and estrace.
March 19- intralipid treatment
March 29- transferred 1 grade 17 embryo using assisted hatching and more intralipids

April 10th - BETA - BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In total shock!
Beta#1- 335
Beta# 2- April 13- 1250 We are officially pregnant :) Now to wait for our 7 week ultrasound! 7 week ultrasound went great- Baby was measuring 6w6d and a heartbeat of 140!!!! so cool to watch the little heartbeat!! EDD December 16th Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

#2 MrsBR

MrsBR
  • Global 100+
  • 570 posts
  • Dx:Vasectomy
  • My Clinic:MFC/OVO

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:36 AM

I have IVIG once a month and feel completely fine after. I could for sure see you being able to work after but also understand when people don't want to after being a "patient".
1 year...6 fresh ivf's...so many failed attempts...we finally got a BFP on Nov 27, 2014. What finally worked: co culture, G - CSF, IVIG, prednisone .Nov 27 Beta 112 Nov 29 Beta 291 Dec 16 Saw 2 flickering heartbeats on ultrasound!!!! (from a single blastocyst transfer)Looking like identical twins for us...wowDec 22 control u/s to make sure the babies are growing. Only 1 H/B found. 1 twin didn't make it. Just 1 baby for us. Jan 23 NT scan and blood work came back all normal! As per our amazing technician...70% chance it's a girl!Mar 18th 20 week anatomy scan shows a perfectly healthy baby girl!
Madison arrives on July 17 2015 at 37 weeks 2 days! 10 fingers and 10 toes...perfect in every way.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

#3 Highest hopes

Highest hopes
  • Global 100+
  • 660 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:McGill, OriginElle, Aurora, & RUH

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:02 PM

Farmgirl, do you mind me asking if you are doing intralipids in SK and where at?
I would like to know options for where/how to get it done here, thx!
Dx: Age & Endometriosis & Tubal

IUI & IVF & FET = BFN
Pinterest.com/aquablueglow