Egg donor....where to begin looking???? - Ask The Fertility Lawyer - IVF.ca Forums

Photo

Egg donor....where to begin looking????

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ValleyGirl75

ValleyGirl75
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:31 PM

I have just begun the research into finding an egg donor to start the surrogacy journey. Is it best to search for an egg donor through an agency or are there other avenues as well? I am new at all if this! I have agreed to be the carrier for the fertilized egg for a very special friend. I have longed to give life after having had my own three children with no difficulty. ANY information would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thank you in advance!

#2 kookacola

kookacola
  • Global 100+
  • 557 posts
  • Interests:4x4ing, camping, music, reading romance books, swinning, spending time with my husband and daughter

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:49 PM

I asked some friend that I thought I could trust.  I do understand that no all have the choice or feel comfortable but it might be something to consider.  Do you also require a sugrrogate too?.  I have a dd from a donar cycle. 

married since 1996. '98 went to first ob and given clomid and written off at the door. '99 went to second ob and he did a lap and said if we weren't pg in 6 months referral to RFP. '00 went to RFP and re said she couldn't explain why we couldn't get pg but didn't investigate ether. '03 natural bfp and had m/c at 12 weeks. '04 went to another ob who was an re. he did iui, testing. '05 iui with letrazole-bfn. '06 iui and clomid and cancelled cycle and went in for surgery. Lap and hysteroscopy. did iui and injections and bfn. Referred to RFP again because re got us as far as he could and re said I had high fsh, lh and pof and pcos and endo, also suggested egg donation. If it weren't for him, we wouldn't have dd. went to RFP and were told ivf was not a good idea because I respond poorly to meds. ok, let's move onto d/e. Couldn't do d/e until we had a failed cycle under out belts with my eggs. '07 did ivf with my eggs, retrived 3 and 1 made it to transfer- chemical. So moved onto d/e. '09 went back to RFP again for the orientation and consult for d/e and cycled in April '09- 13 eggs retrieved and 4 made it to day 3. Two transferred and bgp with dd. Dd born on 01/01/10!!!! Were crown the New Years Baby!!!! '14 came back for consult and did fet in Nov which was a bfn sad.png we're out of embies and options. Meet re/ob in '15 to discuss options. Considering adoption.

#3 ValleyGirl75

ValleyGirl75
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:00 PM

I am pretty sure we have a surrogate. My friend would prefer to find a private donor though, neither one of us have anyone close enough that we would be able to approach with such a request. I have sent a few emails out to different agencies, one of them charges $300 just to talk to them about what the options are! Money really isn't an issue, but a $300 conversation just for info seems a little ridiculous to me!
  • kookacola likes this

#4 s00n

s00n
  • 1000+
  • 1247 posts
  • Interests:Him- Potential SA issues Me- PCOS like crazy/anovulation/long cycles. Started TTC before 30.TTC/Secondary Infertility(2008-2015) - Adopted from public system in Ontario 2012.Freeze-All IVF after OHSS, and successful FET 2015 @ 36Yrs Old.
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:48 PM

Steer clear of agencies that charge you money to talk to them.  Knowing your jurisdiction/area would help with any answer, since laws about advertising, etc, are different all over the world.

See my about me page for details on our IF journey including adoption and other avenues.

#5 ValleyGirl75

ValleyGirl75
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:51 PM

Thank you, I have been in contact with a couple agencies. The one that wants to charge just to speak with them keeps sending emails trying to set up an appointment, very pushy! Something feels off about it. Staying away from this one!!!!