• Please log in to reply
1552 replies to this topic

#1 Rhodi

Rhodi
  • Global 100+
  • 273 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:15 PM

It's really early in the game, and this doesn't even feel real yet - but here I am after my first positive beta. If everything plays out well, I will be due early in July. Is anyone else out there?  It'll be great to share experiences.

• TryingForOur2ndChild, Chicklet23389 and labori like this
cEZfm5.png?n4lofqns

#2 meliss19

meliss19
  • Global 100+
  • 287 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:21 PM

Hey Rhodi;

I can join you here -- based on ovulation I am due in late June... But you've been a great support to me in the same FET cycle round so would be glad to join you here! I hope many of the others have success and will be here soon too! 😃
  • Chicklet23389 likes this
~Meliss19~
TTC since 2010
Took 1.5 yrs + to find a doctor willing to investigate further
2012 HSG, blood work, ovulation tests show no reason why I shouldn't conceive.
Feb 2013 referred to IVF clinic (told 12 month plus wait)
Chlomid for 6 cycles during wait
Referred to Calgary clinic
Oct 2013 IVF info session, more blood work SHG, and offered IVF -found out I was pregnant before trigger shots. Miscarriage just before Christmas 2013
IVF Feb 2014 -- failed cycle
IVF May 2014 - failed cycle
Thaw cycle October 2014 - while on suprefact found out I was expecting
June 2015 - after a five year rollercoaster finally welcomed DS to our lives.

One of the happiest moments in life is when you find the courage to let go of what you can't change.

#3 Rhodi

Rhodi
  • Global 100+
  • 273 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:17 PM

Yay! Thanks for coming over - even if it's only for a visit smile.png. Are you having any symptoms right now? I am having fatigue and on and off cramping. I worry when it's on and I worry when I'm cramping and when I'm not. lol

cEZfm5.png?n4lofqns

#4 meliss19

meliss19
  • Global 100+
  • 287 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:36 PM

I know! So much worry! . I have been feeling tired and quite nauseous - I wake up in the middle of the night feeling like getting sick and it just happens periodically throughout the day. Also my boobs are SO sore. BUT I am not going to complain bc I want this to work so I will take whatever I get lol. What I am telling myself right now anyways. I had a lot of cramping last week and was so worried about etopic but the U/s gave me a peace of mind. Also I was told that cramping is so normal and you would know if it was something bad.
  • Rhodi likes this
~Meliss19~
TTC since 2010
Oct 2013 IVF info session, more blood work SHG, and offered IVF -found out I was pregnant before trigger shots. Miscarriage just before Christmas 2013

One of the happiest moments in life is when you find the courage to let go of what you can't change.

#5 Melissabonbon

Melissabonbon
  • 69 posts
  • My Clinic:Victoria. Fertility Clinic

Posted 01 November 2014 - 06:00 PM

Hi guys!

I'm so pleased to see this thread started...I was about to start it myself over the next couple days. Great that we have others to share our experiences with on this crazy journey.

So I had my second beta yesterday and am completely overjoyed (as well as freaked out) about it. I'm due July 8. Rhodi, I had literally just finished googling "fifth week of pregnancy cramps", before I logged on to ivf.ca and saw your post! I looked at enough hits and don't feel too worried anymore - it's normal :). Apparently if they are mild and intermittant, even with spotting, it's ok. If it's severe and persistent, good to get checked out. I'm so crazy thirsty, peeing constantly, go from calm to emo in seconds, super sore boobies and so very bloated. So exhausted but yet barely sleeping at night. I put in a good 10 lbs from the ivf drugs and dexamethazone, but I don't care, I'm so happy to be preggo!

Where are you guys sitting when it comes to sharing the news? After my last MC, I'm thinking of keeping quiet until 12 weeks - but it's hard, especially with those I'm close to.

Anyway looking forward to getting to know you guys,

Melissa
  • Rhodi likes this

#6 meliss19

meliss19
  • Global 100+
  • 287 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 06:07 PM

Welcome! Yes I am peeing all of the time too.. And I know at 6 wks you don't start to show but my work pants are sooo tight and its uncomfy... . Bloated.

For me I had a m/c at this time last year so I am afraid to tell ppl until after 12 wks. I'm actually afraid to tell ppl until I give birth but that won't work! I have no family out west but my work friends will def notice eventually! I am also excited and would love to share news but just protecting my feelings I think!!
~Meliss19~
TTC since 2010

#7 Melissabonbon

Melissabonbon
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:00 PM

Thanks for the welcome Meliss19. I'm so sorry to hear about your MC. It's such a uniquely painful thing.

I had one a couple days before Xmas 2012 and Christmas has been pretty sad ever since. Here's to a more joyous and very pregnant one for the both of us this year. I still fell the pain of it and think that's one of the reasons why I want to hold back, even with close family. I think they wanted to help me at the time, had good intentions, but they actually made things a lot harder... It's strange having almost the exact same timing this go around, but I keep reminding myself it's a totally different situation. So funny you say you'd like to hold back until you give birth! The sad thing for me is that I have to avoid family because I've gained weight and gotten so bloated. They'll guess if they see me - and I just don't want to lie but it feels strange to dodge them!

#8 Rhodi

Rhodi
  • Global 100+
  • 273 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:01 PM

506.gif Melissabonbon. I'm so happy to have a thread going - it helps create some excitement about the pregnancy rather than just constant worry. BTW our due dates are super close - mine is July 9th. Now that you mention it, I am also super thirsty all the time, and my boobs hurt. Cramps are mostly mild and intermittent - though I have a few that hurt quite a bit and then pass quickly. Still a little anxious about DTD with DH though - I want the little munchkin to get super rooted in.

I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriages - I can't imagine how painful that was.

As for telling others, DH was joking that we should wait until the child is five. I really wanted to keep it to myself for as long as possible. However, I have told one person - a close friend - I hadn't planned on telling her yet, but we have talked about trying to have kids at the same time and she called to tell me she was preggers - so to be 'fair' I told her. I am undecided as to whether to tell anyone else. Right now DH and I decidec, the parents and PIL will find out after the first ultrasound at around 8 weeks. Work will be informed around Jan/Feb - perhaps a few close friends will find out sooner. The rest of the world will just have to wait until my tummy starts to pop.

I hear you about being bloated. I put on some weight just through ivf and have only 2 pairs of pants that 'kind of' fit. I've already bought some looser fitting tops and dresses that I can wear with leggings, hoping the weight gain can remain incognito for a while.

I gotta go and get jabbed in the butt with PIO now. I look forward to getting to know you guys more too ajigl.gif

cEZfm5.png?n4lofqns

#9 Melissabonbon

Melissabonbon
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:52 PM

Hi Rhodi :)

Yes - I totally know what you mean about balancing the all-consuming worry with some good stuff! I feel these days like I wait ages and worry about the next hurdle and I have a few precious seconds to enjoy before I start worrying about the next hurdle. And so on and so on! So I'm *trying* to remember to appreciate the milestones before they pass too quickly into the next worry. This thread is great too because I feel like I'm overflowing with preggo-excitement and because we aren't telling people yet, I only discuss with DH, so it's nice to have you guys too! Cool that are due dates are so close.

Actually, I think you need to start weaning off the dexamethazone as soon as you find out you are pregs, so you should be tapering off now. Looks like my unexplained infertility was auto-immune related and that's why I was on it. So I'm a little fearful about coming off. Apparently, the state of pregnancy creates a kind of positive immunity bubble so I hope my body responds well to my little embie without it. Another eeek worry for me. Can I ask why you were on the dex?

Yes, this fall is all about tall boots, leggings and the world's most oversized tops for me! I've always worn fitted clothes so my complete and sudden change of wardrobe seems strange to people. And confession: I couldn't help myself, I bought a baby name book yesterday!

So exciting that your big beta day is tmw! I had mine yesterday and was so excited that I woke up at 2 am and couldn't get back to sleep. I waited in the queue (in the cold) outside the lab for 45 minutes waiting for it to open at 6:30! Me and about 10 seniors. I felt a bit insane at the time but it actually ended up being kind of fun - heard some great stories. After my first beta results came in after my doc's office closed and I had to wait an extra day to get the results, I signed up on ehealth.ca so I could get the results myself online as soon as my docs office could. Felt a bit sneaky, but desperate measures...I had them by 1pm yesterday. The 2ww was so tortuous for me that I really couldn't stand a few extra hours. I'm not sure if your province does this, but you need a visit number tmw to get results online - just ask a nurse. Or maybe they do this at your docs office and you don't have to wait? Excited for you! And do try to sleep more than I did. I'm crazy tired today, but so happy. Let us know how it goes xx
  • Rhodi likes this

#10 meliss19

meliss19
  • Global 100+
  • 287 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:12 AM

Rhodi- I hope going to get the second beta went well! 😃

I have a uniform at work so not too sure if this bloating doesn't keep in check for a while longer may have to go to my boss and order bigger pants.. Which may seem odd to him. Im perfectly fine with getting a baby bump -- how long Ive wanted one - I just didn't realize I would bloat is all.

It's hard to know who and when to tell. I supose I am lucky in the sense that I don't have to worry about family seeing me. I'm sorry it feels as if you need to kind of avoid them melissabonbon. Soon enough we can share the good news!! I am so sorry you experienced a mc. It is an awful feeling and I find myself thinking about that a lot this time of year but I keep reminding myself this is a completely different situation. I have a good feeling and I wish for all of us a healthy happy pregnancy this time around!

We flew home for christmas last year right after having the miscarriage and my sister in law had a two month old it was emotional for me and I didn't find my in laws were .. Well supportive at all.. Mother in law has made some mean comments throughout our struggle so much so my husband hasn't shared a single thing with her anymore. It's sad a mother can't be supportive to at least her son. Anyways! All of that rant to say I will wait a while before sharing, maybe 4- 5 months lol -- Sooo happy to have you ladies to share with though bc it is exciting and at least I can share openly here!!

Rhodi I think it's neat you can share your experience with a close friend and go through experiences together! if it's the same friend you mentioned before that doesn't understand infertility, know you have us to vent to anytime 😃. I only say that bc I have friends who got prego frist month of trying and she always complains about her kids always always. When all u want is a kid.
  • Rhodi likes this
~Meliss19~
TTC since 2010

#11 Rhodi

Rhodi
  • Global 100+
  • 273 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 12:41 PM

Meliss19 - ajigl.gif that's really sad about your holidays last year. I hope this year will be 100x happier with you new little (albeit secret) bump.

Yes - it is the same friend lol. I have just felt so much distance from people lately through the whole IF and ivf experience. I'm generally a private person anyway, but when I feel the least bit judged it becomes even harder to share. Given the stress of ivf and early pregnancy after ivf, you just want to be somewhere you feel supported not criticized. I'm sorry your PIL have not been supportive, that is really sad and I don't blame you for not telling. We told my folks but not my PIL about ivf, because we just don't think they'll understand and the fewer questions the better. I didn't tell this friend either (or any friend really) until after the fact - and hopefully, we'll talk about the whole thing openly, eventually and it'll make us closer. For now I am just glad to have DH and be able to talk to you guys smile.png and come visit this place where people can really relate.

When I do tell, I think my work colleagues will be a little disappointed to find out I waited so long to tell them - but that's what feels right for me.

I lol'ed at your pending conversation with your boss about needing bigger pants. The bloat was surprising. You should have seen me after I got OHSS - I looked 5 months pregnant. Oh the irony!

Melbonbon - so I guess you are the first among us to cave and buy baby stuff biggrin.png . Good for you. You are so lucky you have ehealth, and can access records online. That's amazing! Here in Ontario, we are due to get it next year - they say.

I have been looking at baby development videos online and trying to figure out what I will need to do over the next few months. So far my list is:

1. Set up an appt with a mid-wife for Dec (I know they get booked up quickly).
  2. Find pre-natal classes for the winter/spring (I hear they get booked up quickly too)
  3. Find out what exercises are safe to do/sign up for early pregnancy. I really want to start strengthening my pelvic floor, core and, lower back, etc. in a safe way. As excited as I am, labour and potential tearing scares the crap out of me. It would be lovely to pay for a trainer for 6-8 weeks to get me going (I'm the slender-but-unfit type), but ivf has drained the savings so much that I have to really think about whether this is a priority.

I got my beta taken around 8:15am this morning - they say they will call to tell me the results tomorrow afternoon. My first one was 575 so I'm feeling confident and hopeful that I won't be disappointed. crsd.gif Can you imagine how hard your body and the little embie must be working to keep doubling hormones? It's so amazing.

I was on dex (and other meds) for chronic bleeding. I had it for years - suffering but not diagnosed - until i saw an endocrinologist

Happy Sunday y'all.

cEZfm5.png?n4lofqns

#12 Rhodi

Rhodi
  • Global 100+
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:51 AM

Clinic called me personally to say my beta is doubled smile.png. Next step ultrasound in 2 and a half weeks. I guess this is happening.

cEZfm5.png?n4lofqns

#13 meliss19

meliss19
  • Global 100+
  • 287 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:01 AM

Yayyy!!! Sooo happy :)
~Meliss19~
TTC since 2010

#14 Melissabonbon

Melissabonbon
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:31 AM

Rhodi, congratulations! It's officially happening :). So very happy for you. Must have been really nice to hear it straight from the doctor's mouth. Hope you enjoy the glow of your good news today - there will be time enough to worry later!

Great that you have a close friend to share the experience with too - how fun that you'll be pregnant at the same time. I'm so impressed with how organized you are! I didn't realize we had to hook prenatal a in advance, so thanks for this.

I'm still crampy and sore and a little afraid to start any kind of pelvic exercises just yet - probably irrational but all the IVF stuff has left me so bloated and sensitive, I can't think about any action down south just yet. Too funny, I looked up the DTD acronym you used before and couldn't figure it out, but I just got it! I'm too freaked for that yet. Our clinic actually said no sex or orgasms, but didn't tell us when it was ok to end the ban. Yesterday I experienced the most intense fatigue - I could barely get up to go to the loo. Sheer bone numbing exhaustion. Has anyone else had this? My second beta number had tripled, so I wonder if twins is possible...

Meliss19 - I'm so sorry about your MIL. It's hard to understand how anyone can be that way - with anyone, never mind their own son. You are right to hold back there and protect yourself from extra and unnecessary pain. Going through infertility and mc is hard enough...

It was a hard decision for me not to share my current pregnancy with my mom as we are close in some ways, but I just can't trust her not to hurt me (unintentional as it may be) or make inappropriate decisions and comments about my situation. In general, I tend to worry about hurting others, but this time I'm making decisions to protect myself a little better.

Well - so jazzed for you Rhodi! Hope you really enjoy your good news today! Hugs to you both xx

#15 Ana๏s

Ana๏s

Ana๏s

• 1000+
  • 1174 posts
  • My Clinic:OFC/OVO/MFC

Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:52 AM

Hi guys,

Glad to find this thread. May I join?

I am in the other 2ww wait for viability scan. My due date will be July 4th. I also had a m/c last year right before Christmas so will not be telling until I absolutely show (I am pretty sure you will be able to tell by early December). My NT scan is bookd on Dec. 19th. I think it is a side effect of M/C or what but I seem to have a lot of anxiety. I just hope all goes well. Cannot wait until the viability scan in a week.

How`s everyone doing? Any symptoms? I don`t really have symptoms (I used to very early on, which I suspect I might have had more than one implanted initially and one of them may have fallen off the boat)? I am mostly good other than some fatigue and sleepness plus I have a 26 month old so that is expected. But when I had very early symptoms, it was miserable. I constantly ate lollipops to control the nausea.

TTC since Dec. 09
Me (35) him (30)
Unexplained infertility but have only one ovary (lost right to dermoid cyst in Nov. 07) and he has low morphology (5%)

July 10 - Consultation at OFC
All test results normal (did not do Kruger test or AMH test) and was told to try for another 6 months
FSH around 6, antral foli count 9 (on the left)

Dec 10 - Asked to be transferred to MTL (OVO) from OFC
April 11 - Saw Dr. Jamal, antral folli count 8 (on the left) and AMH test show low ovarain reserve (due to a single ovary). Given Clomid for two cycles, had bad reaction (very cranky) and BFN. Dr. Jamal suggested Natural IVF without stimulation. Hated OVO dearly (long wait time, extreme lack of organization, nurses, etc). Googled and found MFC. Consultation booked in Sept. 11

Sept. 11 - Saw Dr. Sophia at MFC. She suggests a standard IVF.
Sept. 11 - Learned that private insurance thru work have coverage up to 20K for IVF (Thank goodness!)
Decided to go for 1st trial at OFC given proximity.

IVF #1 (Oct 11) at OFC (Dr. Haebe) - Puregon 400 IU for 9 days. 9 leading follicles (and 8 smaller ones), which resulted in 5 eggs (but one degenerated). Only 2 fertilized thru ICSI (embryo quality second best and average). Day 3 transfer of 2 embryos, which resulted in BFN

IVF #2 (Nov 11) at MFC - Puregon 300 IU and Menopure 75 IU for 10 days. 8 leading follicles (and some smaller ones). egg collection Nov. 16/11. 7 eggs collected out of 8 follies. 6 are mature and ALL SIX FERTILIZED!!! 5 day transfer of 1 blast Nov. 21/11. Beta scheduled Dec. 2nd 1st Beta 10dp5dt 287. 2nd beta scheduled Dec. 5th 2nd Beta 14dp5dt 1,524

1st U/S Dec. 19th (6wks & 6 days): heartbeat measured at 137bpm, baby measuring 7.2mm, cervix measured at 32.9mm

August 12, 2012: A beautiful baby girl born at 11:21 pm measuring 8 lbs 3 ounces/53 cm long

Trying for Number 2

October 7, 2013 - CD1

October 9, 2013 - First consultation

Start stimulation Friday October 11 (Puregon 300 & Menopur 75) for 10 days

Last us on October 21, 2013 7 leading follicles - Trigger shot tonight (Ovidral)

Retrieval October 23, 2013 - 6 eggs retrieved

Ferti report October 24, 2013 - 4 mature eggs and only 2 fertilized

At this point, I am losing hope.

Oct 25, 2013 - Surprisingly Dr. M. wants us in for 5 day transfer

ET October 28, 2013: one young blastocyst to transfer

2WW

8dp5dt HPT Positive yahoo.gif

Some spotting on 9dp5dt and 10dp5dt huh.png

Beta scheduled November 8,2013

1st beta 11dp5dt 106

2nd beta 14dp5dt 525.6

Viability scan scheduled Nov. 21, 2013

Viability scan shows fetus behind schedule by a couple of days

Repeat U/S

Discovered on Dec 10/2013 that fetus stopped growing at 7wk4days (Missed miscarriage)

CD1 March 29. First consult on March 31. Same protocol.

Stimulated for 8 days trigger April 8. ER April 10. Out of 8 follicles, 6 eggs retrieved. Only 1 egg was mature & fertilized. Clinic recommends Day 2 transfer. We declined Day 2 transfer given this may be a complete waste.

Dr.M. understood our concern & agreed. Booked for a Day 5 transfer (but will be a miracle if this one embryo makes it to Day 5). Dr. M. advised that the embryo on Day 2 is 4 cell grade 1. So there is little hope.

Ok no call until Tuesday, which means we are going in for a transfer on Day 5. ET on April 15. Transferred an excellent quality blastocyst. Now 2WW. Blood test April 28. BFN

CD1 August 18. First consult on August 19. Spoke with Dr. M about two wishes - minimum 10 day stimulation & 5 day transfer. Stimulated for 11 days. ER September 4. Out of 9 follicles, 6 eggs, 4 mature and all fertilized. Dr. M called and suggest double Day 3 transfer. However, DH veto a double transfer. Sticking to Day 5 transfer. ET September 9. Suprisingly out of 4 embryos on Day 3, 3 made to blastocysts. Transfer 1 Day 5 blastocyst. Shocking call the next day saying two left over embryos were good enough for freezing. 2ww Turned out to be a chemical pregnancy

FET CD1 Sept 27 First consultation Sept 30 Oct 16 Transferred two blastocysts 2ww

Started nausea 3dp5dt it can`t be this early POAS 5dp5dt readable BFP! Wow

7dp5dt POAS show dark test line (never had such a strong positive)

Worried about risk of multiples

11dp5dt 1st beta at 382.8 13dp5dt 2nd beta at 850

Viability scan booked Nov 11th (6wk 4days)

Viability scan at 6w and 8w are both fine. Now graduated to OB.

NT scan in December 2015: all is good

Anotomy scan in Feb. 2015

#16 happymom14

happymom14
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:34 PM

Hello everyone

i am so happy to find this thread,it feels good to share,i am so happy for y'all,my due date is july 5,

i guess i am still trying to adjust to the gudnews i got from my doc,transfered 2 frozon embryo and my first beta,29/10/14=th_abfp.gif 1040++,beta2, 31/10/14=2407,doubling realli well.i am so excited scared at once...3rd beta 2day=6540. viability scan booked for nov24.

i hope to get a beautiful xmas gift dis year.preggo.gif preggo.gif .

goodluck to u all HeartGlomp.gif HeartGlomp.gif

#17 Rhodi

Rhodi
  • Global 100+
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:47 PM

506.gif Anais and Happymom14. Congratulations on your th_abfp.gif .  I'm so happy to have more ladies joining us. It's such an exciting time even with the anxiety lol.

Mbonbon - I am glowing today, but I hear you about the fatigue. I had to take a half hour nap over lunch today and it wasn't nearly enough. It comes and goes but there are days I feel so tired, it's hard to keep my body upright. I also hear you about being afraid to exercise. I'm lucky I had an FET so I wasn't as hormonal but I did a short work out yesterday and kept worrying about hurting the little bub. Also telling, DH to be very gentle during DTD (tmi, lol).

The sharp pains in my boobs have also reappeared today. I'm not sure about the nausea - I get really mild waves so I almost feel like I'm imagining them. I just submitted an inquiry to our local midwives so I hope I'm able to get in. It's back to work - and then hopefully another nap later early this evening.I am going to start a list for us so we can keep track of everyone smile.png.

JULY DUE DATE BUDDIES
Name                             Due Date
Meliss19                         Late June
Anais                              July 4th
Happymom14                 July 5th
Melissabonbon               July 8th
Rhodi                             July 9th

cEZfm5.png?n4lofqns

#18 Melissabonbon

Melissabonbon
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:11 PM

Yes, welcome Anais and Happymom! Glad you guys can join our little group. Happy Monday everyone - here's to a wonderful day ahead, full of the excitement and anxiety of early pregnancy xx

#19 labori

labori
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:17 PM

I am due on July 4 th. We transfer 2 embryos. Good luck

#20 meliss19

meliss19
  • Global 100+
  • 287 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:57 PM

Welcome ladies - congrats on your BFP's. So excited for everyone!

The last three days I have been feeling naseous all day. Ugh. BUT I will take whatever is handed to me to have a healthy baby 😍.

Speaking of which a lady brought in a Sandwhich platter for lunch today and I took a bite of one which had alfalfa sprouts in it. I took the top portion which had these stuck to it and threw it out wo ppl seeing and just ate the bottom half.. But now I'm worried about eating that one bite bc sites make it seem like a horribleee thing to eat while prego. Hmm am i being over rediculous to worry about that one bite?
~Meliss19~
TTC since 2010

#21 Melissabonbon

Melissabonbon
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:00 PM

Doesn't sound like a great day meliss19.

Sorry about the nausea. On a positive note, I did read yesterday that as a symptom, nausea is correlated with positive pregnancy outcomes. I've been eagerly awaiting nausea since I read that, lol!

Don't worry at all about the sprouts - it's a one in a million chance situation and I'm sure it's fine. Knock that one off your list of worries, ok?

I wish I could comment on the referral for u.s. situation, but I'm a little confused. So when you say your clinic, do you mean your ivf clinic? That's where I am going for mine. Or are they now referring you out to your regular obgyn? I don't see why you need a referral but the system in BC is obviously different. Could you call your IVF clinic and explain the situation and ask for advice/help sorting it out. Surely your IVF doc there could write a referral to a good obgyn who takes high risk patients. On a side note, perhaps you could look up some reviews and ask your IV f doc to refer you to someone that gets good reviews and takes high risk patients. Because of my age and my health issues, I researched and chose my obgyn. He was the one to refer me to the IV f clinic. Who referred you to the IVf clinic? Couldn't your your family doctor help? I probably sound confused - likely because I am...bottom line, call and talk to your IVF clinic - you shouldn't have to be stressed out with this and I feel like they should be able to help you sort it. I hope this is taken off your shoulders soon. You shouldn't be stuck like this. Don't be afraid to make a little noise - otherwise it's too easy to get lost in our crappy medical system.

Sending hugs Meliss19 - sorry you have to deal with this xxxx

#22 meliss19

meliss19
  • Global 100+
  • 287 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:21 PM

Thank you. I guess in my rant i likely left things out as it made sense to me but I didn't explain well. So my Ivf clinic essentially when I called them told me to go to a family doctor to deal w u/s's etc. I told them I don't have a family doc. I had gone to a walk in clinic to get referred to Ivf. I have lived here for a few years and still no one is accepting new patients. So I rely on walk in clinic. 😔. My Ivf clinic told me to deal w walk in than to get u/s referral. So I saw a doc at the walk in and went for an U/s - now that ob that did the U/s wants me to return in 3-4 wks (and can't book me wo another referral) as a yolk sac was viewed but they want to make sure a baby starts to form to check viability. I called the walk in and the walk in doc is gone for three weeks and the reception lady there is so mean and said as I was dealing with this doc I can't see someone else about it.. So yah.

As I was writing this my Ivf clinic finally called me back.. After my messages... And as I was just about in tears bc I am feeling new to all of this and everyone seems to just be 'not wanting me as their issue' she got the Ivf doc to agree to do a new referral so they want me to go again in a couple weeks and then said they would contact me to see where to go from there. So ahem I feel much better... It really does help to be persistent. No one else looks out for ur health so you really do have to make some noise sometimes. Thanks so much for listening to me.

According to my U/s I am measuring behind where I technically should be.. By about half a week. I hope things are okay. Two weeks seems so long to wait to check viability but there isn't an option need that long to let the little one grow! Fingers crossed. I can't find any success stories with ppl who have gotten pregnant on suprefact.
~Meliss19~
TTC since 2010

#23 meliss19

meliss19
  • Global 100+
  • 287 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:22 PM

Ps thank you for bringing me back down to earth about the sprouts!
~Meliss19~
TTC since 2010

#24 Rhodi

Rhodi
  • Global 100+
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:47 PM

Welcome Labori. I've added you to the tracking list.

Meliss19 - that sounds awful! I can't imagine not having a primary care provider with everything you are going through. Can you get access to a midwife at least? They will at least be able to perform your ultrasounds - and will do referrals to high risk obgyns as needed. However, in Ontario they are in high demand, and getting one can be just as hard as getting an obgyn. Since, you are still early though you may at least be able to get on a waiting list. My ivf clinic also pushes your care out of the clinic right after the first ultrasound as well - their only business is getting you preggers- not caring for your pregnancy. i am glad you were able to fight for referral. When is your next ultrasound? You could always go to emerg - but it's so unfortunate that people end up having to go to emerg, where it actually costs more, rather than having good primary care.

I understand the worry about the sprouts but it's probably okay. DH & I went out for breakfast Sunday and when i got the eggs, they were over-easy and I was a little worried - but shoved them down anyway.

JULY DUE DATE BUDDIES

Name                                 Due Date

Meliss19                                Late June

Anais                                             July 4th

Labori                                            July 4th

Happymom14                              July 5th

Melissabonbon                            July 8th

Rhodi                                             July 9th

cEZfm5.png?n4lofqns

#25 meliss19

meliss19
  • Global 100+
  • 287 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:11 PM

Thanks Rhodi - mid wives are in high demand here and you are on a waiting list for quite some time. I have looked into one and I don't think they will take me on.. They state no high risk.. I could always try and set up an initial meeting to talk to them.

Regarding food I guess we need to be cautious but I can't panic about everything.. Google really can make things worse I need to learn to stay off of it lol

I will book the U.S. tomorrow but they want it in two weeks

Thanks again for listening to my vent!
~Meliss19~
TTC since 2010