• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#26 danidin

danidin
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 27 October 2014 - 06:42 AM

After a research I've made I conclude that there are 2 male fertility supplements that have the best scientific evidence regarding count and motility: Optisperm and proxeed. actually, both are prety simialar but optisperm is more easy to take and the prices are the same.

i'm not sure that can help in a zero motility status but from what I've read if the motility and count are low they have done great things.

i took optisperm and the motility improved dramatically but again, zero situation is a different status

#27 sid8019

sid8019
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:57 AM

Thought i will just reply about my last result.

I took ACES+Zinc COQ10 for almost 70 days regularly and it didnt improve the motility.

I got SA done at a fertility clinic they found 17 motile sperm after putting the sample in some machine.

My count was 17 million,we are getting ready for IVF ICSI,very heart breaking none of the supplements,acupuncture did anything in my case.

One last try i am seeing a reproductive urologist next.

#28 smurfette_w

smurfette_w
  • Cyclebase
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 03:07 AM

I know this is an old post, but my DH also had severe male factor issues (0% normal forms, 1-5 mil counts, very poor motility and life (both were close to the 0% range)), it was a pretty bad situation.  Turns out DH has a varicocele on both testicles and had to do two surgeries to fix them, but the doctor warned us ahead of time that with numbers as low as my DH's, the surgeries were likely not to improve the numbers that much because it's likely genetic.  Needless to say, the doctor was right, basically the numbers jumped from 1 to 5mil (DH's only change was drinking less and eating healthier and wearing boxers), not much change in anything else.  DH's brother had no problems conceiving twice back to back though, but my DH's aunt couldn't conceive.  So the whole genetic issue may not necessarily occur from one sibling to another, but I am sure that there are some fertility issues in my DH's father's side of the family that doesn't affect everyone the same way.

In any case, we were successful with both of our IVF/ICSIs, we are expecting #2 now.  I'd suggest doing PGS (or CCS) testing to rule out the genetically abnormal embryos before transferring to your wife if you are worried about genetic issues.  We did this for both our cycles, the first time we had only 1 normal out of 4 embryos, who is now our daughter, and this time around, we had 4 normal embryos, one of which I am pregnant with.

Just remember, with ICSI, you only need a few sperm.  I remember I read that when they do a sperm analysis, they only analyze a small portion of the sample you provide, but when they do ICSI, they look at the entire sample.  What you called "some machine" is the machine they use to "clean" the entire sperm sample of the bad/dead sperm so it's easier to find the good sperm to use.

Me: genetic issues
DH: genetic issues, MFI

TTC since Summer 2009

See my profile for details

#29 rulezsr

rulezsr
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:41 AM

Hi Sid8019

Can you let us know if you had a succesful scenario as i am also on the same boat and it would be good to know if it was succesful. 

Thank You!

-RS

I took ACES+Zinc COQ10 for almost 70 days regularly and it didnt improve the motility.

I got SA done at a fertility clinic they found 17 motile sperm after putting the sample in some machine.

My count was 17 million,we are getting ready for IVF ICSI,very heart breaking none of the supplements,acupuncture did anything in my case.

#30 sid8019

sid8019
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:12 PM

Hi,

Yes it was indeed successful on our first attempt.

We made it to blast stage and had 1 early blast and one expanded blast.

My wife is now pregnant and we are waiting for U/S at 6 weeks,

ICSI does by pass motility.

Hi Sid8019

Can you let us know if you had a succesful scenario as i am also on the same boat and it would be good to know if it was succesful. 

Thank You!

-RS

#31 Pink85

Pink85
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:51 AM

Hi Sid8091,

I read your entire post and with ur last reply my eyes are filled with full of happy tears.
Am really glad that I found this post as me and my husband are going thru the same situation currently.
His 2nd SA was with 0 motility.We are now in the process of getting an appointment to fertility clinic and am guessing we have to go with IVF/icsi
We started to save money but would like to know how much have u spent overall and split wise.
Our insurance covers little to nothing and we r from Michigan. Please let me know I just want to get an idea of how much money we need

#32 CdnHockeyGal

CdnHockeyGal
  • Super Moderator
  • 6,252 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, baseball, travel & starting a family
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Heartland, Sanford, SIRM

Posted 22 January 2016 - 02:16 PM

Hi Sid8091,

I read your entire post and with ur last reply my eyes are filled with full of happy tears.
Am really glad that I found this post as me and my husband are going thru the same situation currently.
His 2nd SA was with 0 motility.We are now in the process of getting an appointment to fertility clinic and am guessing we have to go with IVF/icsi
We started to save money but would like to know how much have u spent overall and split wise.
Our insurance covers little to nothing and we r from Michigan. Please let me know I just want to get an idea of how much money we need

Hi Pink - hoping that ICSI is your ticket to parenthood.  :)  Most ladies here cycle in Canada but I have cycled several times at US clinics.  It will depend on what type of packing your clinic has but I think a safe estimate would be between $12K - $15K US plus your medications which would average between $3000 to $5000.

Do you have medical insurance which might help defray this cost?

If you don't have medical insurance...how close are you to Canada?  There are some extremely reputable clinics in the Toronto area and right now the US dollar is worth apprx $1.30 Cdn...so...that's about a 30% discount on the cost of IVF/ICSI, drugs just on currency strength and might present a more cost effective option for you?

Wishing you all the best - hoping you find this site to be as supportive as I have.

Best of luck to you!

We've tried lots of things for a long time. None of them have resulted in a viable pregnancy.

#33 madhucbe

madhucbe
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 12 February 2017 - 11:53 PM

Hi Sid,

I am also travelling in the same boat as yours.

I am also having 0 motility. Took tablets for 3 months and nothing helped.

I have also started treatment for IVF-ICSI.

Please help me with the question. How did you give the sample ?

Did they do TESA to extract your sample ?

Any precautions to be followed before giving sample. Please throw some light on this.

I need to give the sample next week. I am tensed.

Glad to see that you are successful.

Thank you so much for posting the results.

#34 Aiti

Aiti
  • 87 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:38 AM

I am sorry to hear that but you are not alone I am also suffering with azoospermia.
I dont know too much so cant say anything.

Good luck.

IVF clinic: Bawaseer Ka Ilaj

Married since: 4 years
Azoospermia