252 replies to this topic

#126 vball_gal

vball_gal
  • Cyclebase
  • 1204 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:RFP (Calgary)

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:18 AM

Congratulations JuneLily on your two little girls.  I'm so glad to hear that you were able to make it to viability and beyond by a few weeks considering circumstances.  I know it's tough to have both of them in NICU and they are so tiny but just hang in there and give them all the love you have.  Before you know it you'll have two precious babies at home.

See my about page for more information...

#127 TJ33

TJ33
  • Global 100+
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Camping / Fishing / Anything Outdoors!
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Mt Sinai

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:43 PM

Congrats on your two beautiful little girls JuneLily! Amazing that you were able to keep them in for a little while longer. Guess they were ready to make their appearances!

I will say a prayer for you that they continue to grow nice and strong so that you can DH can take them home soon!

Look forward to your updates on them!!! :)

Me - 34 (DOR - AMH 0.59) / DH - 37 (Some male factors)
TTC for 4 years, Diagnosed with DOR (Summer 2013)

Doctor recommended IVF with ICSI - giving us a 5% success rate

IVF #1 - MAY 2014

ER May 16 - 5 AMAZING mature eggs! All 5 fertilized!

ET May 21 - Transferred great looking day 5 blasts (1BB & 1CC) and we have one on ice! (1CC)

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) 196

Beta #2 (12dp5dt) 799

th_abfp.gif  YAY!!! So happy and feeling so blessed!

US June 23 (7 weeks, 4 days) TWO AMAZING HEARTBEATS!!! (Baby A 150 BPM and Baby B 156 BPM)

US July 28 (12 weeks, 4 days) Both babies measured on track and were moving around like crazy! (Baby A 150 BPM and Baby B 157 BPM)

US September 15 (19 weeks, 4 days) Everything looked great! Literally two bouncing baby boys!!! (Baby A 141 BPM and Baby B 144 BPM)

US #2 October 1 - Tech was able to get missing measurements. So nice to see my boys bouncing around!

Check up with OB October 17 - 6 MONTH MARK YAY!!! Everything looked great from last two US's. OB sending me for blood work and glucose test. Go back in 2 weeks for follow up.

Feeling so blessed! Praying my peanuts continue to grow nice and strong! babyboy.gif babyboy.gif 

#128 JuneLily

JuneLily
  • Global 100+
  • 250 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:25 AM

Thanks for all the well-wishes and congratulations!

The babies are doing pretty well. Both are off the vent and Elianna is on CPAP and Scarlett is on BiPap. They started taking feeds, then had them temporarily on hold because of some throwing up issues, but feeds resumed tonight.

They are both having some apnea/bradycardia episodes, but that is fairly normal in preemies of their gestation - they just have to be reminded to breath sometimes and they are getting caffiene of all things to help stimulate their brains to remember.

They had head ultrasounds on Tuesday to check for intraventriular hemorrhages (brain bleeds), and Elly's showed a grade 2 bleed on both sides of her brain. Thankfully grade 2 bleeds resolve themselves most of the time and Elly's birth was particularily difficult, so it wasn't a complete surprise. Scarlett's scan was clear - phew.

I've been able to hold both of them now, and it's amazing! 

I'm still in hospital and really hoping to be discharged tomorrow, but I had a crazy fever Monday night/Tuesday and they are still trying to figure out why. Let me tell you, they take fevers REALLY seriously in post-op patients! I think I've had almost every test under the sun except for a CT Scan, and my doctor was close to ordering one of those on Tuesday. I was put on some strong IV antibiotics and that seems to have killed whatever was causing the fever. I had a lot of blood work done, and if it's all clear tomorrow morning, I'm getting out of here - hurray! I was able to get a room at the Ronald MacDonald House which is on the same property as the hospital so I won't be far away from the girls once I've been discharged. 

Hope you're all doing well - keep those babies cookin'!

• Crazy, juice and Nurse laura like this

Me: 30 31 DH: 32 33 Furbabies x 2: 7 8

TTC (or at least not trying to not to) since 2004

Complications

Endometriosis 

IVF, Pregnancy, Preterm Labour & the NICU Rollercoaster

June 2014 - Long lupron protocol. Transferred 2 5-day blasts and I finally saw two beautiful pink lines!

October 20,  2014 - Devastating news. Cervix measuring only 9mm. On bed rest and determined to make it to viability and beyond.

November 7, 2014 - Moved to hospital bed rest as planned as we neared viability.

November 13, 2014 - 24 WEEKS! Happy Viability Day, babies!

November 29, 2014 - Elianna Nicole and Scarlett Anne were born via emergency c-section at 26 weeks 3 days.babygirl.gif babygirl.gif

February 17, 2015 - Elianna becomes our first NICU graduate after 81 days!

March 3, 2015 - Scarlett is discharged after 95 days in the NICU.

#129 Nurse laura

Nurse laura
  • Global 100+
  • 187 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Hartsdale

Posted 05 December 2014 - 05:37 AM

Thanks for all the well-wishes and congratulations!

The babies are doing pretty well. Both are off the vent and Elianna is on CPAP and Scarlett is on BiPap. They started taking feeds, then had them temporarily on hold because of some throwing up issues, but feeds resumed tonight.

They are both having some apnea/bradycardia episodes, but that is fairly normal in preemies of their gestation - they just have to be reminded to breath sometimes and they are getting caffiene of all things to help stimulate their brains to remember.

They had head ultrasounds on Tuesday to check for intraventriular hemorrhages (brain bleeds), and Elly's showed a grade 2 bleed on both sides of her brain. Thankfully grade 2 bleeds resolve themselves most of the time and Elly's birth was particularily difficult, so it wasn't a complete surprise. Scarlett's scan was clear - phew.

I've been able to hold both of them now, and it's amazing! 

I'm still in hospital and really hoping to be discharged tomorrow, but I had a crazy fever Monday night/Tuesday and they are still trying to figure out why. Let me tell you, they take fevers REALLY seriously in post-op patients! I think I've had almost every test under the sun except for a CT Scan, and my doctor was close to ordering one of those on Tuesday. I was put on some strong IV antibiotics and that seems to have killed whatever was causing the fever. I had a lot of blood work done, and if it's all clear tomorrow morning, I'm getting out of here - hurray! I was able to get a room at the Ronald MacDonald House which is on the same property as the hospital so I won't be far away from the girls once I've been discharged. 

Hope you're all doing well - keep those babies cookin'!

#130 Nurse laura

Nurse laura
  • Global 100+
  • 187 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 05:41 AM

Hi Junelilly,

So happy to hear how well the babies are doing and glad your fever is resolving. Have the Dr's given you any idea how long the girls will be in the NICU? Are you able to stay at the Ronald McDonald house the whole time the babies are there? Prayers are with you and the girls for a speedy recovery.

#131 Emily81

Emily81
  • 1000+
  • 1533 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:AART- Halifax

Posted 06 December 2014 - 12:05 AM

June Lily- Hope you get out of the hospital soon! I had an infection post birth, developed a high fever while in the recovery room. Mine was likely due to infection in my placenta though(water broke 2 days prior)..Was on IV antibiotics my whole hospital stay, 3 days I think, had my IV removed the same hour I was discharged

We also stayed at RMH while the boys were in the NICU. The vast majority of the parents there had babies in the NICU, so I found the support amazing...

#132 JuneLily

JuneLily
  • Global 100+
  • 250 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 10:01 AM

Nurse Laura, general rule is that a preemie will stay in hospital until their due date... so a few months at least. I am staying at RMH for at least the next 2 months unless the girls are transferred to a hospital a little closer to home once they are a more stable.

Emily, I haven't met a lot if other NICU parents yet but RMH has been amazing.

AFM, they figured out that my fever was caused by sepsis due to a blood infection... So it's a very good thing they took it so seriously and chose the right antibiotic to begin with. It could have gone badly otherwise.

My girls were both re-intubated yesterday. Breathing with CPAP/BiPAP/NIPPV was making them really tired which was leading them to destat a lot, so they're going to get a few days break to gain some strength and energy. We're going to focus on feeding this week instead.

Complications

Endometriosis 

June 2014 - Long lupron protocol. Transferred 2 5-day blasts and I finally saw two beautiful pink lines!

October 20,  2014 - Devastating news. Cervix measuring only 9mm. On bed rest and determined to make it to viability and beyond.

November 7, 2014 - Moved to hospital bed rest as planned as we neared viability.

November 29, 2014 - Elianna Nicole and Scarlett Anne were born via emergency c-section at 26 weeks 3 days.babygirl.gif babygirl.gif

#133 Nurse laura

Nurse laura
  • Global 100+
  • 187 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 05:05 PM

Hi Junelilly,

I don't have experience with premies but as a nurse I know that it is very common for re intubation, like you said, to help conserve energy. I met 8 year old twin girls yest that were born at 27 weeks. The girls are healthy and super smart and I thought of you. I am glad they are treating your sepsis. I hope the feedings go well.

#134 Emily81

Emily81
  • 1000+
  • 1533 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:22 PM

June Lily- Hope the feeding goes well. Are you pumping, using formula?

#135 JuneLily

JuneLily
  • Global 100+
  • 250 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:36 AM

Emily, I am pumping round the clock. The girls aren't getting much yet - 3cc every 2 hrs for one and 9cc every 2 for the other so I already have SO much breast milk in the freezer!

Both my little ones are back up to their birth weights now. Scarlett is just over at 1,010 grams and Elianna is right at her birth weight of 940 grams.

How's everyone else doing now that the 3rd trimester is here/imminent?
  • Emily81 likes this

Complications

Endometriosis 

#136 tjluvbug

tjluvbug
  • Cyclebase
  • 1574 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:08 AM

Junelily - thats awesome that you have a supply in the freezer and I'm so happy to hear that the girls are doing so well. 

AFM - Had my second anatomy scan yesterday at 20w5d and my boy was again very active and uncooperative. My girl was once again curled up and laying on her tummy so the tech could not get a picture of her face no matter how many times they rolled me over. They are measuring at 1 lb each right now so just over the average. I'm hoping that they continue to grow on the bigger side for now so that if they do happen to come early that at least they'll have some fat on their bones. I'm feeling a fair bit of movement now so its nice to have that reassurance every day.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

<p>Me 38 (28 when we did first IVF) DH 52 3 IVF's, 2 FET's, & 2 IUI's.  Boy/Girl twins born March 12th, 2015 at 33w6d. Our family is complete

#137 Emily81

Emily81
  • 1000+
  • 1533 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:26 PM

Emily, I am pumping round the clock. The girls aren't getting much yet - 3cc every 2 hrs for one and 9cc every 2 for the other so I already have SO much breast milk in the freezer!

Both my little ones are back up to their birth weights now. Scarlett is just over at 1,010 grams and Elianna is right at her birth weight of 940 grams.

How's everyone else doing now that the 3rd trimester is here/imminent?

Wow that is great! I solely pumped(didn't ever try to bf), but I NEVER had ANY ebm to freeze! I did pump for 6 months though, alot of work but worth it!

• tjluvbug likes this

Me: 31, DH:34
? Mild PCOS/ Mild Male factor- Low Morph- 9%
TTC- Since Dec 2005

August/Sept 2009- IUI + injectabes cycle- BFN- was converted from IUI to IVF(20 follies growing) and then back to IUI(3 mature follies)....

IVF/ICSI cycle Sept/Oct 2010- BFP- (I insisisted on ICSI against my Drs wishes, and in the end we needed it)..
Oct 12- ER- 19 eggs, 15 mature, 6 fert
Oct 15- ET- morula- 18/20 & a 10 cell- 19/20 (Faith & Wish)
- OHSS starts 8dp3dt- Early beta in ER-636- 12dp3dt, #2- 4,267- 17dp3dt
Nov 23- 8 week u/s- TWINS
Incompetent Cervix diagnosed at 24 weeks. Hospital bedrest 24- 33 weeks due to 0.6 cm cervix, 1-2 cms dialated(at 24 weeks)
May 16th- 2011- Baby A breaks his water
May 18th- 2011- Boys arrive 33w1d
Baby A- CM- 4 lbs 4 oz, 17.5 in, 3:01 PM Baby B- CL- 4 lbs 2 oz, 16.5 in, 3:55 PM Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

#138 juice

juice
  • Global 100+
  • 542 posts
  • Interests:Getting pregnant!! Used to have others, can't remember lol.

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:39 PM

I'm 25.5 weeks now and today I felt like my belly/body was going to explode - so TIGHT. My twins are measuring on track at approx 1.5 lbs each. I feel them punching away inside but dh hasn't been able to feel them yet. I seriously don't know how I'm going to make it to week 30!!!!!

Bought a Bella Band and love it!! Can wear my normal pants now since my butt is not growing :) 

me - 45.5, husband - 43.5

1 natural pregnancy but m/c in June 2011

7 failed IUIs, 3 medicated and 4 non-medicated, all BFN

I was a poor responder to the meds, only produced 1 viable egg so I'm not a candidate for IVF

Suffering  deeply, watching all my friends get pregnant and raise kids.

No one in my immediate circle of friends and family who has gone through this so forums are amazingly helpful.

Dec 2013 - have chosen a donor with San Diego Fertility Center and have begun the process. If all goes well we'll get me preggo in April 2014. IF all goes well... 

It DIDN'T go well - our donor failed her genetic testing. It took MORE exhausting searches 24/7 to find another we liked, and finally she's passed and good to go. IF all goes well we'll go down to SDFC mid-June 2014 for the egg transfer and get me pregnant..if all goes well...if... if... if... so many letdowns cannot allow me to be hopeful, just wait and see...

June 2014 Went to SDFC, everything went smoothly. Well, kind of...family stuff... but transfer went well

July 16 2014 did blood test...BFP th_abfp.gif Wow. First time, feeling a lot emotions and crying uncontrollably for last 48 hours.

Hoping it sticks. That's all for now.

Aug 11 first u/s - TWINS. omg....good size, good heartbeat. I'm terrified.

#139 tjluvbug

tjluvbug
  • Cyclebase
  • 1574 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:21 AM

Juice - I've been able to feel the little ones a few times from the outside but it only ever happens once in a while and dh is never around to be able to feel it. He did however get to see my belly bounce a little bit. When he put his hand on it he couldn't feel it but it was neat to see. My boy is very low down in my belly so I can pretty much make him kick every time I bend over and squish him, lol.

• juice likes this

<p>Me 38 (28 when we did first IVF) DH 52 3 IVF's, 2 FET's, & 2 IUI's.  Boy/Girl twins born March 12th, 2015 at 33w6d. Our family is complete

#140 Nurse laura

Nurse laura
  • Global 100+
  • 187 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:33 AM

The board has been quiet. I hope everyone is feeling good and just busy finishing up with their holiday shopping.

#141 tjluvbug

tjluvbug
  • Cyclebase
  • 1574 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:14 PM

I have another cervical and growth check next week. Looking forward to some reassurance that all is going ok. I've been feeling a lot of pressure in my lower tummy the past few days, not pain just discomfort. Feeling the babies now pretty much everyday.

#142 juice

juice
  • Global 100+
  • 542 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:23 AM

Today I took absolutely no medication for the acid reflux/heartburn...and nothing! It's gone!! I guess the prescription meds I took for two weeks 'cured' me lol. So happy...but let's see what happens tomorrow. 

Have a strong pain right on my pubic bone which makes it really painful and difficult to walk. I just waddle around huffing and puffing. People stare at me a lot. I look like a 4'11" blimp. 

Other than that I'm feeling pretty good! I'm actually quite scared of when they're born, how complicated life is going to get...

I was a poor responder to the meds, only produced 1 viable egg so I'm not a candidate for IVF

No one in my immediate circle of friends and family who has gone through this so forums are amazingly helpful.

Dec 2013 - have chosen a donor with San Diego Fertility Center and have begun the process. If all goes well we'll get me preggo in April 2014. IF all goes well... 

It DIDN'T go well - our donor failed her genetic testing. It took MORE exhausting searches 24/7 to find another we liked, and finally she's passed and good to go. IF all goes well we'll go down to SDFC mid-June 2014 for the egg transfer and get me pregnant..if all goes well...if... if... if... so many letdowns cannot allow me to be hopeful, just wait and see...

June 2014 Went to SDFC, everything went smoothly. Well, kind of...family stuff... but transfer went well

July 16 2014 did blood test...BFP th_abfp.gif Wow. First time, feeling a lot emotions and crying uncontrollably for last 48 hours.

#143 Crazy

Crazy
  • 1000+
  • 2146 posts
  • Interests:Cooking (and eating!), hiking, camping, exercise, reading, gardening.
  • My Clinic:RFP - Calgary

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:58 AM

Juice - do you have a pelvic support belt? I had a rather industrial strength one from babies r us and it reduced my pelvic pain. It was uncomfortable for sitting in but helped when I was on my feet.

I do recommend one of the heavy duty ones. The slip on stretchy ones don't help near as much. Plus, who wants to have to bend over to get it on and off? The one I had was three parts that all connected with Velcro. I never used the strap that goes over the belly. If you get one be sure to try it on. The twin belly can make sizing an issue.

#144 tjluvbug

tjluvbug
  • Cyclebase
  • 1574 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:37 PM

I was given one of the pelvic support belts from a friend as well and have just recently started wearing it. Makes a huge difference but I'm sitll having a lot of pain at night sleeping particularly in my hips. And holy cow, my feet are so unbelievably swollen. If I don't sleep with them in the air they look like little sausages in the morning!

Doc is putting me off work early so today is my last day. Am only 22w4d but its better than working in a high stress job and on my feet 90% of the time.  

Hope everyone else is doing well!

#145 juice

juice
  • Global 100+
  • 542 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:53 PM

Juice - do you have a pelvic support belt? I had a rather industrial strength one from babies r us and it reduced my pelvic pain. It was uncomfortable for sitting in but helped when I was on my feet.

I do recommend one of the heavy duty ones. The slip on stretchy ones don't help near as much. Plus, who wants to have to bend over to get it on and off? The one I had was three parts that all connected with Velcro. I never used the strap that goes over the belly. If you get one be sure to try it on. The twin belly can make sizing an issue.

The pubic bone pain comes and goes. Today I'm fine. It's not in my entire pelvic area, just on the specific pubic bone spot. I have no other aches and pains. I'll look into the belt if it gets worse.

#146 Nurse laura

Nurse laura
  • Global 100+
  • 187 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:59 PM

Best wishes for a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy new year.

#147 juice

juice
  • Global 100+
  • 542 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 01:29 AM

For the last two nights I've had insanse itching on the soles and sides of my feet, and my arms. I googled it (can't stop doing that!!) and now I'm worried that I have something called ICP and liver malfunction and I'll lose my twins. Sigh. I've been pretty relaxed so far, almost 28 weeks now, but now this. I'll call my dr and ask for a blood test on Monday.

• RNSurrogate likes this

#148 RNSurrogate

RNSurrogate
  • 1000+
  • 1071 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:48 PM

Juice-thread hopping from the singleton board- my dr thought I had that with my second. Did the easy blood test and I didnt. But turned out I was allergic to a lotion I had been using for a few months so hadn't considered it as a possibility. The blood test was no big deal. Good luck! It's pretty rare so I wouldn't worry.

My journey to parenthood started in 2005.

1st child-BFP Jan 2006, delivered baby girl Sep 21st, 2006

2nd child BFP May 2007, delivered baby girl Jan 16th, 2008

3rd child BFP August 2008, delivered baby girl May 5th, 2009

4th child BFP March 2010, delivered baby boy on Nov 4th, 2010 

Journey to surrogacy

September, 2013-started looking into what it is and how it works

October, 2013-Hubby on board with my dream to help someone else with their dream

Nov, 2013-First Skype with surrogacy agency

Jan, 2014-Matched with IP's

Feb,2014-Met IP's and had Psych eval.

March, 2014-Fly to clinic for medical clearance exam

April, 2014-Complete Legal contract

April, 2014-Start Lupron and BCP's

May 17th, 2014-start several other meds several times a day. ouch!!

May 22nd, 2014-Transfer of one boy 5day blast with assisted hatching

May 27th, 2014-First BFP, very faint so I don't count this one

May 28th, 2014-Bright BFP, my official one

June 3rd, 2014-First beta 927 12 DP, 5DT<p>

June 6th, 2014-Second beta 2122. 15dp5dt woohoo!

June 10th, 2014-Third beta 5,925 19dp5dt

June 15th-ER visit due to fainting and confusion. Ultrasound showed one baby, HR 115(they are now unsure if it was mine or the baby's), Beta 16,xxx

June16th, 14-U/S showed one baby still. Couldn't get a good HR but they say it's really hard at this point.

June 24, 2014- Final ultrasound before release to regular OB=One healthy baby and a strong heartbeat!

July 1st and 3rd u/s showed severe subchorionic bleed. Great...

July 7th, sch is better but still severe. Baby is good HR 168.

July 11th, U/S to check bleed-much improved

july 17th u/s-bleed is almost 100% gone!

NTS July 28th (12+3 weeks)-Everything looks great! Parents are thrilled!

Aug 17th 3am-IF slips away from this world due to an unexpected heart attack. Everyone is heart broken. sad.png

Morphology scan Sep 25th (20 weeks, 6 days) Everything is perfect with their baby boy.

Induction on Feb 2nd, 39+3 weeks. Aidan is here! 7lbs, 7oz. 21inches long. Intended mother is now THE mother. smile.png

Second journey!

New agency approval June 10th, 2015-Matched with wonderful couple from NY July10th, 2015.

FET of one PGD tested embryo Fall of 2015

August 17th-completed legal contracts

August 18th medical screening-passed!

Sep 6th-started Lupron and estrace one week later

Sep 27th-prog, Medrol, doxy

Oct 2nd-FET one 5-day PGD embryo

Oct 6th-faintest BFP on FRER, oct 7th-much darker bfp!!!

Oct 12th-10dpt Beta 241

Oct 15th-13dpt Beta 905------Oct 19th-17dpt Beta 2758----Oct 20th started bleeding and cramping

Oct 21 ultrasound showed gestational sac and yolk sac measuring right on target! Beta is 4377!! SCH is the culprit. But my dr thought there were 2-3 other gestational sacs as well (possible splitting early on). Not sure if that affected the end outcome or not. 

Oct 30th-HB ultrasound----everything was beautiful. Baby is growing right on track and perfect HB

Nov 16th-IP's flew in from NY for first OB visit and u/s. Baby's HB was 211.

Nov 19th-No HB, baby had developed hydrops. PGD normal but baby was too small to check for a non-genetic cardiac problem or do an autopsy so we got no answers.

Nov 23rd, 2015-D&C at 10+1 weeks. Everyone is so sad. IP's didn't want to move forward with another try.

2nd journey 2.1       2016

Independent Surrogacy arrangement.

Start short med protocol on March 28th

Mid-cycle lining check april 7th-everything is perfect! 10mm lining. IVF protocol calls for no blood work or other u/s

April 19th, 2016-Transfer of 1, 6day embryo

April 28th-Beta 9dpt5dt--

#149 RNSurrogate

RNSurrogate
  • 1000+
  • 1071 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:48 PM

Juice-thread hopping from the singleton board- my dr thought I had that with my second. Did the easy blood test and I didnt. But turned out I was allergic to a lotion I had been using for a few months so hadn't considered it as a possibility. The blood test was no big deal. Good luck! It's pretty rare so I wouldn't worry.
  • juice likes this

My journey to parenthood started in 2005.

1st child-BFP Jan 2006, delivered baby girl Sep 21st, 2006

2nd child BFP May 2007, delivered baby girl Jan 16th, 2008

3rd child BFP August 2008, delivered baby girl May 5th, 2009

4th child BFP March 2010, delivered baby boy on Nov 4th, 2010 

Journey to surrogacy

September, 2013-started looking into what it is and how it works

October, 2013-Hubby on board with my dream to help someone else with their dream

Nov, 2013-First Skype with surrogacy agency

Jan, 2014-Matched with IP's

Feb,2014-Met IP's and had Psych eval.

March, 2014-Fly to clinic for medical clearance exam

April, 2014-Complete Legal contract

April, 2014-Start Lupron and BCP's

May 17th, 2014-start several other meds several times a day. ouch!!

May 22nd, 2014-Transfer of one boy 5day blast with assisted hatching

May 27th, 2014-First BFP, very faint so I don't count this one

May 28th, 2014-Bright BFP, my official one

June 3rd, 2014-First beta 927 12 DP, 5DT<p>

June 6th, 2014-Second beta 2122. 15dp5dt woohoo!

June 10th, 2014-Third beta 5,925 19dp5dt

June 15th-ER visit due to fainting and confusion. Ultrasound showed one baby, HR 115(they are now unsure if it was mine or the baby's), Beta 16,xxx

June16th, 14-U/S showed one baby still. Couldn't get a good HR but they say it's really hard at this point.

June 24, 2014- Final ultrasound before release to regular OB=One healthy baby and a strong heartbeat!

July 1st and 3rd u/s showed severe subchorionic bleed. Great...

July 7th, sch is better but still severe. Baby is good HR 168.

July 11th, U/S to check bleed-much improved

july 17th u/s-bleed is almost 100% gone!

NTS July 28th (12+3 weeks)-Everything looks great! Parents are thrilled!

Aug 17th 3am-IF slips away from this world due to an unexpected heart attack. Everyone is heart broken. sad.png

Morphology scan Sep 25th (20 weeks, 6 days) Everything is perfect with their baby boy.

Induction on Feb 2nd, 39+3 weeks. Aidan is here! 7lbs, 7oz. 21inches long. Intended mother is now THE mother. smile.png

Second journey!

New agency approval June 10th, 2015-Matched with wonderful couple from NY July10th, 2015.

FET of one PGD tested embryo Fall of 2015

August 17th-completed legal contracts

August 18th medical screening-passed!

Sep 6th-started Lupron and estrace one week later

Sep 27th-prog, Medrol, doxy

Oct 2nd-FET one 5-day PGD embryo

Oct 6th-faintest BFP on FRER, oct 7th-much darker bfp!!!

Oct 12th-10dpt Beta 241

Oct 15th-13dpt Beta 905------Oct 19th-17dpt Beta 2758----Oct 20th started bleeding and cramping

Oct 21 ultrasound showed gestational sac and yolk sac measuring right on target! Beta is 4377!! SCH is the culprit. But my dr thought there were 2-3 other gestational sacs as well (possible splitting early on). Not sure if that affected the end outcome or not. 

Oct 30th-HB ultrasound----everything was beautiful. Baby is growing right on track and perfect HB

Nov 16th-IP's flew in from NY for first OB visit and u/s. Baby's HB was 211.

Nov 19th-No HB, baby had developed hydrops. PGD normal but baby was too small to check for a non-genetic cardiac problem or do an autopsy so we got no answers.

Nov 23rd, 2015-D&C at 10+1 weeks. Everyone is so sad. IP's didn't want to move forward with another try.

2nd journey 2.1       2016

Independent Surrogacy arrangement.

Start short med protocol on March 28th

Mid-cycle lining check april 7th-everything is perfect! 10mm lining. IVF protocol calls for no blood work or other u/s

April 19th, 2016-Transfer of 1, 6day embryo

April 28th-Beta 9dpt5dt--

#150 juice

juice
  • Global 100+
  • 542 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:16 AM

Thanks for your response. I am really worried. What I read was that although ICP is very rare, there is a higher risk with mulitlple pregnancies, and with South Asian women. I'm a double whammy. I really hope my OB will give me the blood test to ease my mind, if nothing else. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twins, multiples, due date