579 replies to this topic

#51 Mrs.Ray

Mrs.Ray
  • Global 100+
  • 215 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:LHSC

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:41 AM

Oh exciting free!!! Keep us posted!!!! Excited to hear!!! How many were they able to retrieve?
TTC#1 since Oct 2012. I'm 33 & Dh is 41. With an RE since Oct 2013 and diagnosed with low count (3 mil) and morphology of 2%. We have been referred to IVF with ICSI and due to a balanced translocation in Dh they are suggesting PGD as well. Decided against PGD and are now in the initial stages of IVF with ICSI. Dh had a TESA procedure done to retrieve sperm February 25, 2015. Praying they find some usable sperm! 🙏Sperm has been found! Freeze/thaw test went well and moving on to IVF. Waiting for orientation completed March 25th 2015!!!! 😆❤️IVF with ICSI and frozen TESE sperm #1- Antagonist protocol-75 menopur 100 puregon introducing orgalutran stim day 5 and trigger with ovidrel. ER on April 15. 9 eggs retrieved!!! 4 fertilized and one morula for 5 day transfer. Nothing to freeze. Negative hpts and started heavy spotting 10dp5dt. Beta May 3rd. BFN. 😢😢😢

Stuck on where to go and what to do next. 😫

#52 sprbaby

sprbaby
  • Global 100+
  • 132 posts
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:13 PM

Good luck!!!

http://dustyolewombs.blogspot.ca

Dx: Tubal

Me (38) DH (37)

IVF Cycle #1

Dec 2013 13 retrieved, 11 fertilized,

day 3: 7 great embryos

day 5: no blasts; transferred 1 morula

day 6: still no blasts, nothing to freeze

day 13: spotting

day 14: BFN

IVF Cycle #2 - March 2014

*added 3 months CoQ10 and omnitrope with stims*

Mar 2014: 14 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized

day 5: two early blasts, both transferred!

day 6: one more blast frozen!

day 14: AF arrived, BFN confirmed on day 16.

FET cycle - Nov 2014

transferred one and only frozen blast - BFN

#53 RFree83

RFree83
  • Global 100+
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:06 PM

9 retrieved and 7 fertilized and growing nicely. We are possibly doing a 3 day transfer tomorrow based on last cycles crappy ending. I had 5 growing nicely on day 3 but no blasts in day 5. They will call tomorrow at 9 to let me know the doctor is on board with the embryologist scheduling the 3dt.

I will update as soon as I can

#54 Mrs.Ray

Mrs.Ray
  • Global 100+
  • 215 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:25 AM

Wow! How's it going today? Are you doing a transfer? So exciting!!! Hope you get some great embies and some frosties too!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️
TTC#1 since Oct 2012. I'm 33 & Dh is 41. With an RE since Oct 2013 and diagnosed with low count (3 mil) and morphology of 2%. We have been referred to IVF with ICSI and due to a balanced translocation in Dh they are suggesting PGD as well. Decided against PGD and are now in the initial stages of IVF with ICSI. Dh had a TESA procedure done to retrieve sperm February 25, 2015. Praying they find some usable sperm! 🙏Sperm has been found! Freeze/thaw test went well and moving on to IVF. Waiting for orientation completed March 25th 2015!!!! 😆❤️IVF with ICSI and frozen TESE sperm #1- Antagonist protocol-75 menopur 100 puregon introducing orgalutran stim day 5 and trigger with ovidrel. ER on April 15. 9 eggs retrieved!!! 4 fertilized and one morula for 5 day transfer. Nothing to freeze. Negative hpts and started heavy spotting 10dp5dt. Beta May 3rd. BFN. 😢😢😢

#55 TryingForOur2ndChild

TryingForOur2ndChild
  • Global 100+
  • 791 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:11 PM

My apologies for thread crashing.... I'm not at LHSC but at FO and was looking for threads for London area in general.

I wanted to make a suggestion to Mrs. Ray......

My DH initally had such a low sperm count that they actually didn't give us a number... it just said less than 1 million. We also found out that his testosterone levels weren't in a decent enough level. Through vitamins alone we were able to get it up to a 1.5 million which we were happy that it could at least be given a number. His morphology along with everything else they measured was not good at all. We were instantly referred to Dr.Brock seeing as he was the only urologist that dealt with male factor issues in London area, even though he didn't have great ratings. In the meantime I started doing research on male factor doctors in our overall area and came across Dr.Jarvi in Toronto where people come from all over to see. Well before we saw Dr.Brock I had researched that clomid can sometimes increase testosterone and also bring up sperm count. I also researched that men should be tested to see if they have a UTI seeing as over 40% have no symptoms of one and it can cause unrepairable damage to their 'plumbing'. Lastly some men have a condition called retrograde ejaculation which means when they ejaculate the sperm actually go the other way and into their bladder... the only way to test this is to have them do a SA and then give a urine test right afterwards to see if there are sperm in it. Well I went armed with all this information and Dr.Brock was so old school with his way of doing things that we got absolutely no where. I showed him that my DHs testosterone is too low and even though clomid is experimental on men but they have used it for well over 8 years with success, but he still refused to at minimum treat my DHs testosterone issues which that alone can cause other long term life altering health conditions. So we went to Dr.Jarvi as a second opinion and he right away wanted to do a urine sample, which my DH had an infection with no symptoms. He also tested for the retrograde ejaculation which all was good but he right away offered us the clomid treatment. The clomid did bring his counts up to 3 million and last it was 6 million, but at the time of us doing our IVF he was at 3 million with very low morphology, but we were still able to do IVF with ICSI and tese was not at all an issue because as long as there was some sperm that they could work with that was all they needed. I also forgot to tell you that my DH had what's called testicular torsion as a kid and the surgeon botched the surgery which Dr.Jarvi caught, not Dr. Brock, so that could also have contributed to our issues of fertility. Long story short, I don't bring any of this up to possibly stress you out or upset you but rather ask if your DH has had a UTI, retrograde ejaculation and a full blood workup done before going through with this in the event it's something else that might be easily (and cheaply) treated? Also, have you thought of getting another opinion? I was warned ahead of time that Dr.Brock is old school and has not kept up with the times at all and those ratings were bang on!! He was a very nice man but night and day from what we got from the Murray Koffler clinic at Mount Sinai hospital.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to PM me. It's devistating to hear of the fertility issues we will face but I've found that empowering myself with knowledge in this area has helped through the process. Best of luck in whatever path you choose!  :)

• Mrs.Ray likes this

See full journey details on my profile:

About Us:

​Trying to conceive since 2013 (male factor); Me: 39 yrs old; DH: 37 yrs old; low testosterone; very low sperm count; on Clomid for testosterone

~ 2014 ~ IVF Cycle #1:

Cycle Info:

- Antagonist protocol

- Retrieval: 22 eggs retrieved; 8 injected (ICSI); 6 fertilized; 4 embryos divided - 2 embryos are 4 cell grade 1, 1 embryo is 5 cell grade 2, and 1 embryo is 8 cell grade 2

FET #1 - medicated cycle (2014)

- transferred two day-3s: one 10 cell grade 1 and one 12 cell grade 2; Beta: BFN; approved to do a natural FET next time

FET #2 - Non-medicated cycle (2014)

- added Teva-Doxycycline 100mg (antibiotic) started one day before procedure: 1 tab 2xdaily until finished) 

- transferred two day-3 embies (1 is 10 cell grade 2 and 1 is 12 cell grade 2); took 1 tab of Apo-Diazepam (valium) 5mg 45mins before FET        

​- HPT = th_abfp.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifth_abfp.gif  Welcomed our little babygirl.gif in summer of 2015

~ 2016/17IVF Cycle #2: Project Sibling

Cycle Info:

Oct. 29: Retrieval - 23 eggs retrieved; will be a freeze all cycle

Nov. 2: Dostinex 0.5mg every other day for a total of 8 days has started to alleviate OHSS 

Nov. 4: Day 6 report: 5 embryos on ice... yay! 4 day-5s (4AA and 3 are 4BC quality) and 1 day-6 (5BC quality)

FET #1 - Non-medicated cycle (2017)

Feb. 6: start Teva-Doxycycline antibiotic100mg one day before procedure
Feb. 7: scheduled transfer at 11:45am; 1 tab of Apo-Diazepam (valium) 5mg taken 45mins before transfer; transfer of one 4AA blast

Feb.20: BETA - BFN; approved to go right into another natural FET with no cycle in between

FET #2 - Non-medicated cycle (2017)

Feb.24: CD3 - u/s and b/w= nothing said about lining; E2 19, LH 4.4 IU/L, FSH 6.6 IU/L, Prolactin 8.1 Ng/mL, TSH 2.22 IU/L, Progesterone 1.6 nmol/L, Glucose 4.1 - I requested (norm is 3.6-7.7); back on CD15; acupuncture 2x weekly until fet to try and bring on LH surge sooner than CD17.

Mar.6: OPK positive in the evening so looks like I will be going into the clinic tomorrow

Mar.7: CD14 - u/s and b/w= 11mm triple lining; E2 712, LH 32 IU/L

Mar.8: CD15 - b/w= confirmed LH surge was yesterday; E2 343, LH 8.12 IU/L; start Endometrin 3x/daily

Mar.11: start Doxycycline antibiotic 100mg (8 pills total) one day before procedure: 1 tab 2xdaily until finished

Mar.12: scheduled transfer at 10am of one 4BA blast; 1 tab of Apo-Diazepam (valium) 5mg taken 45mins before transfer

Mar.23: HPT = th_abfp.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifth_abfp.gif

​Mar.25: Beta #1= 788 hcg, Progesterone 107 nmol/L; RE happy with results so skipping beta #2 and going right to u/s

​Apr.4: had light bleeding last night so went to clinic where they did an u/s; too early to really see much but did see a gestational sac; u/s moved from Apr.8th to 15th

Apr.18: First u/s scheduled (at 8 wks).... omg there are twins!!! One had a heartbeat of 140 and the other only 80 so being referred to the head OB of internal fetal medicine as it looks like I may have a vanishing twin which RE said 50% of twins go down to one before the 2nd trimester.

#56 Mrs.Ray

Mrs.Ray
  • Global 100+
  • 215 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:36 PM

Thanks for the post TryingForOurFirstChild. We did do a full work up for blood work and everything was perfect except for slight elevated fsh but still with in normal range. Our count is 2mil with 1% morphology as well as a balanced translocation. We asked the RE about trying Clomid but based on hubby's bloodwork Clomid will not help those numbers. We've done two sa's. One was the regular one and another was a monash where they do a prewash for ivf. After the prewash there was zero living sperm to be able to do ivf. They think by retrieving them that there will be a higher chance of having sperm available.
We have done a lot of research in the year that we've known of this issue. We've tried all kinds of supplements but have not noticed a change. The RE believes that this is something my husband was just born with.
  • TryingForOur2ndChild likes this

#57 TryingForOur2ndChild

TryingForOur2ndChild
  • Global 100+
  • 791 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:07 PM

No problem Mrs. Ray.... just thought I'd pass along that info, though sounds like you guys have a game plan that works best for you two which is all that counts!!  Take care!  :)

• Mrs.Ray likes this

See full journey details on my profile:

About Us:

​Trying to conceive since 2013 (male factor); Me: 39 yrs old; DH: 37 yrs old; low testosterone; very low sperm count; on Clomid for testosterone

~ 2014 ~ IVF Cycle #1:

Cycle Info:

- Antagonist protocol

- Retrieval: 22 eggs retrieved; 8 injected (ICSI); 6 fertilized; 4 embryos divided - 2 embryos are 4 cell grade 1, 1 embryo is 5 cell grade 2, and 1 embryo is 8 cell grade 2

FET #1 - medicated cycle (2014)

- transferred two day-3s: one 10 cell grade 1 and one 12 cell grade 2; Beta: BFN; approved to do a natural FET next time

FET #2 - Non-medicated cycle (2014)

- added Teva-Doxycycline 100mg (antibiotic) started one day before procedure: 1 tab 2xdaily until finished) 

- transferred two day-3 embies (1 is 10 cell grade 2 and 1 is 12 cell grade 2); took 1 tab of Apo-Diazepam (valium) 5mg 45mins before FET        

​- HPT = th_abfp.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifth_abfp.gif  Welcomed our little babygirl.gif in summer of 2015

~ 2016/17IVF Cycle #2: Project Sibling

Cycle Info:

Oct. 29: Retrieval - 23 eggs retrieved; will be a freeze all cycle

Nov. 2: Dostinex 0.5mg every other day for a total of 8 days has started to alleviate OHSS 

Nov. 4: Day 6 report: 5 embryos on ice... yay! 4 day-5s (4AA and 3 are 4BC quality) and 1 day-6 (5BC quality)

FET #1 - Non-medicated cycle (2017)

Feb. 6: start Teva-Doxycycline antibiotic100mg one day before procedure
Feb. 7: scheduled transfer at 11:45am; 1 tab of Apo-Diazepam (valium) 5mg taken 45mins before transfer; transfer of one 4AA blast

Feb.20: BETA - BFN; approved to go right into another natural FET with no cycle in between

FET #2 - Non-medicated cycle (2017)

Feb.24: CD3 - u/s and b/w= nothing said about lining; E2 19, LH 4.4 IU/L, FSH 6.6 IU/L, Prolactin 8.1 Ng/mL, TSH 2.22 IU/L, Progesterone 1.6 nmol/L, Glucose 4.1 - I requested (norm is 3.6-7.7); back on CD15; acupuncture 2x weekly until fet to try and bring on LH surge sooner than CD17.

Mar.6: OPK positive in the evening so looks like I will be going into the clinic tomorrow

Mar.7: CD14 - u/s and b/w= 11mm triple lining; E2 712, LH 32 IU/L

Mar.8: CD15 - b/w= confirmed LH surge was yesterday; E2 343, LH 8.12 IU/L; start Endometrin 3x/daily

Mar.11: start Doxycycline antibiotic 100mg (8 pills total) one day before procedure: 1 tab 2xdaily until finished

Mar.12: scheduled transfer at 10am of one 4BA blast; 1 tab of Apo-Diazepam (valium) 5mg taken 45mins before transfer

Mar.23: HPT = th_abfp.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifth_abfp.gif

​Mar.25: Beta #1= 788 hcg, Progesterone 107 nmol/L; RE happy with results so skipping beta #2 and going right to u/s

​Apr.4: had light bleeding last night so went to clinic where they did an u/s; too early to really see much but did see a gestational sac; u/s moved from Apr.8th to 15th

Apr.18: First u/s scheduled (at 8 wks).... omg there are twins!!! One had a heartbeat of 140 and the other only 80 so being referred to the head OB of internal fetal medicine as it looks like I may have a vanishing twin which RE said 50% of twins go down to one before the 2nd trimester.

#58 Mrs.Ray

Mrs.Ray
  • Global 100+
  • 215 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:10 PM

Thank you so much! 😄

#59 Mrs.Ray

Mrs.Ray
  • Global 100+
  • 215 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:10 PM

Thank you so much! 😄

#60 RFree83

RFree83
  • Global 100+
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:26 AM

Let the most agonizing two weeks start now. Yesterday morning we transfered 9 and 8 cell day 3 embryos. They were very hopeful. I am just trying not to get my hopes too far up so there is less hurt if it doesn't work out.

#61 nicgro

nicgro
  • Global 100+
  • 173 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:44 AM

Hey Ladies, does anyone know when the clinic is closed for Christmas? I had a failed IVF in October, and I am really hoping to maybe do a FET in December (depending when clinic closes). My cycles are really long (usually 8-10 weeks) so IF possible, I would like to do this sooner rather than later. Thanks :)

IVF #1

Oct 1, 2014 - 14 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 5 make it to blast

Oct 6, 2014 - Transfer 1 beautiful 4AA blast and freeze the remaining 4

Oct 15, 2014 - Start bleeding sad.png

Oct 17, 2014 - First Beta = 6   I know it's over, clinic is still trying to be positive

Oct 19, 2014 - Second Beta = 2  BFN

Oct 27, 2014 - Laparoscopy for Endo and ovarian cysts

FET #1

Feb 9, 2015 - Transfer 1 blast...clinic can't tell me the quality...isn't that weird?

Feb 22, 2015 - Beta = BFN sad.png

April 16, 2015 - Surgery to remove multiple uterine fibroids

Aug 24, 2015 - Take 3 month injection of Lupron Depot to try to help with endo pain/bleeding

Nov 24, 2015 - Take another 3 month injection of Lupron Depot

Feb 24, 2016 - Blood work and ultrasound. Was going to start prepping for FET, but thyroid is very low so need to increase meds before transfer

May 2, 2016 - start Estrace to prepare for FET (FET scheduled for May 18)

FET #2

May 18, 2016 - Transfer 1 blast...again not told what quality it is. Lose one blast in the thaw.

May 31, 2016 - BFN - I ask clinic what is going on and why this isn't working. They schedule me for a biopsy and sono.

June 9, 2016 - Biopsy and Sono performed. They find fibroids in my uterus and book surgery.

June 14, 2016 - Surgery to remove uterine fibroids

FET #3

September 20, 2016 - Transfer our final blast...stick baby stick

October 3, 2016 - BFN. I have never felt so broken in my life. Not sure I can continue on this journey, but must make a decision as just hours after getting my BFN, I get a call from my clinic saying that they made an error with my government funding and if I was going to continue, I must pay  everything back!!!

December 8, 2016 - Here we are again! Sono and biopsy to prepare for IVF #2 in January! They see something very small forming in my uterus, not large enough to operate on at this point though.

December 19, 2016 - Start Birth Control to prepare for next cycle.

January 7, 2017 - Have ultrasound done, everything looks good to move forward. Stop BC Pill.

IVF #2

January 23, 2017 - 12 Eggs retrieved, all mature, 7 fertilized

January 28, 2017 - Transfer 1 little 3AB blast, 5 still hanging in there and hope to freeze them tomorrow

#62 Mrs.Ray

Mrs.Ray
  • Global 100+
  • 215 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:00 PM

I'll keep you in my thoughts free!! Sounds like you had some great embryos!! Did they transfer two? Were you able to freeze any too? Keep your feet up and relax. Hopefully the wait will be over soon enough! ❤️
  • RFree83 likes this

#63 Mrs.Ray

Mrs.Ray
  • Global 100+
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 03:13 PM

So we have an appointment finally for the TESE (we think its for the procedure) from the Urologist. Dec 10th for the first one to see if they can retrieve any sperm. Slightly freaking out about it all! Hope it goes well!

How are you feeling Free? Will you test before the beta?

Sorry Nicgro. I'm assuming the clinic is closed but you would have to call and confirm that.

#64 sprbaby

sprbaby
  • Global 100+
  • 132 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:48 AM

@nicgro

Last year they closed the same two weeks as the schools, so my guess is that the last day open will be the 19th. If anyone calls and gets an official answer, please post!

Me (38) DH (37)

IVF Cycle #1

FET cycle - Nov 2014

#65 Mrs.Ray

Mrs.Ray
  • Global 100+
  • 215 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:33 PM

Well found out Dec 10th is just a consult with the urologist for the TESE. Oh jeez. This is taking forever. We will be lucky to have ivf in the summer at this rate. 😳😳😳

#66 RFree83

RFree83
  • Global 100+
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:38 PM

The do take their time with things don't they? I couldn't get in for almost 2 months after my first cycle failed. It was 5 months before I could cycle again. Totally frustrating.

Obviously really hoping this cycle ends with a BFP. If it doesn't it will probably be another 5-6 months before we can try again.

Anyway, start the countdown now, I'm sure the appointment will be here before you know it.

#67 sprbaby

sprbaby
  • Global 100+
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 06:42 AM

I asked about doing a day 3 transfer after mine all crapped out on the first cycle too (7 good looking ones on day 3 too), and Dr. H-C still wanted me to go to day 5 because "if they can't make it to day 5 in the lab, they wouldn't have made it". She put me on CoQ10 and Omnitrope instead and we got the blasts. And I also had a good long agonizing wait after my first cycle failed. My beta was right before they closed for the holidays and I couldn't get in to see her until Feb! It was worth the wait I suppose because it gave me a lot of time to think, research, and figure out where the money would come from for another round of meds! I'm so glad these FET meds were all covered - $11 total!

Me (38) DH (37)

IVF Cycle #1

FET cycle - Nov 2014

#68 Mrs.Ray

Mrs.Ray
  • Global 100+
  • 215 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 08:51 AM

How much CoQ10 sprbaby? I just started taking it last month just wanting to make sure when we do the ivf that I have good little eggs. I also have my dh on it for the motility issues though we aren't positive it will help.

#69 RFree83

RFree83
  • Global 100+
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 02:55 PM

Yeah, well, ****! Negative hpt 8dp3dt. I know it's still early but it's not looking good. I was on coq10 but had to pass on the omnitrope because I couldn't afford it. Kicking myself now.

Nothing made it to freeze. Looks like my embryos just can't gets past the 3 day point. They look great on day 3 but just don't go anywhere.

What am I missing here ladies? Why can't anything get to blast?

#70 Mrs.Ray

Mrs.Ray
  • Global 100+
  • 215 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:33 PM

Awwwww Free give it some more time. 8dp3dt is not that far along yet and could be considered early? Fx you still get that BFP and you just have a late implanter.

I don't think your missing anything. Sounds more like maybe something missing from your protocol or meds. Maybe you need something slightly different meds? I would definitely go for the omnitrope if you don't get your BFP this cycle.

#71 sprbaby

sprbaby
  • Global 100+
  • 132 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 10:51 PM

The omnitrope is expensive! My BFF was floored when I told her how much my "free" ivf still cost out of pocket. I was told to take 600mg/day of CoQ10 for 3 months, nothing fancy - Dr. H-C recommended the jumbo bottle at Costco (I'm not a member, so I just picked up a random brand on sale at Shoppers).

Lining check tomorrow morning, I hope everything looks good so we can go ahead with the transfer on Sunday!

Me (38) DH (37)

IVF Cycle #1

FET cycle - Nov 2014

#72 Mrs.Ray

Mrs.Ray
  • Global 100+
  • 215 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:44 AM

Hope the lining check goes well!! Our cost for ivf with ICSI is $10,000 without meds. Luckily all the medications are covered by my dh's benefits. I'm currently only taking 200 mg of coQ10. Maybe I should up it a bit.

Hoping everything is a go for transfer on Sunday!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

#73 sprbaby

sprbaby
  • Global 100+
  • 132 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:15 PM

Lining check was good, 7.5mm, so I'm all set for Sunday! Woohoo! I don't know about you, but prometrium makes me feel really lousy - tired, lethargic, unmotivated, blue, slightly nauseated and loss of appetite, I find it so hard to do anything besides lay around and watch comedies (at least the laughter will counter the blue mood). Natural progesterone makes me feel more or less the same too, so I'm not really complaining, it's all part of the process. Fingers crossed this one will work!! I just bought a year's supply of Materna vitamins, I hope I didn't jinx myself, lol!

Me (38) DH (37)

IVF Cycle #1

FET cycle - Nov 2014

#74 RFree83

RFree83
  • Global 100+
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:33 PM

Best of luck Sprbaby. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

I felt pretty cruddy on progesterone but I guess it's hard to know if it's just the medication and not all of the emotions that come with the whole package.

#75 Mrs.Ray

Mrs.Ray
  • Global 100+
  • 215 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:35 PM

Best of luck sprbaby!!

Free! How did everything go??

I'm still waiting and waiting. Deleted all the apps and junk for ttc and now have so much free time on my hands! Lol