573 replies to this topic

#551 lmd

lmd
  • Global 100+
  • 134 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:London Victoria Hospital

Posted 16 October 2015 - 06:30 PM

Hi tbird, I'm glad to hear your doing well! I'm 19 weeks tomorrow and I've just started to hear the babies fluttering around. It's so exciting! From your comment "he" it looks like your having a baby boy. That's sweet! We find out next week the genders of our two little peanuts. Thanks for checking in! Keep us posted!
  • t-bird likes this

#552 knock_me_up

knock_me_up
  • 38 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:LHSC

Posted 16 October 2015 - 09:38 PM

Thanks so much for info! It's frusterating that there are still so many costs involved for an "OHIP covered program"! It sounds like we will only get to do one cycle based on the new funding so it gives me hope to read your ladies' stories of success. We have only been TTC since Feb. 2015 but things have moved quickly; It's amazing how you manage to stay positive and hopeful despite many setbacks

We are still waiting for our call for the orientation appt, which will hopefully come soon before my next cycle starts in the next 2-3 weeks!

I read that once the new funding starts in December that it will be policy to only transfer one embryo, but, if we can start IVF before December do you think we would be allowed to transfer more than one embryo?  I would be very upset if we could only transfer one considering that we couldn't afford an additional cycle if it doesn't work

TTC #1 since Feb. 2015. 29 yrs old DH-27,  bilateral blocked tubes + PCOS

IVF#1: Dec 2015: Antagonist Protocol

Nov 30 -  Baseline Ultrasound/ Bloodwork

Dec 13 - retrieval day: (unable to reach Right Ovary) 12 eggs retrieved,  9 eggs fertilized, 8 dividing

Dec 16- ET transfer! transferred 2 perfect- 3day embryos (8 cells each)

Dec 23 - started spotting, led to heavy bleeding within days

Dec29 - beta = BFN ☹️ no frosties

IVF#2 : April/May 2016

Long Antagonist Protocol

April 1: Cycle Day 1: baseline bloodwork and ultrasound: new hypothyroid diagnosis, right ovary still high sad.png

April 21: start synarel 

May 19: start stims

June 2: ER: 17 retrieved; only 5 fertilized and 5 dividing 

June 5: ET of 1 perfect day 3 embryo

June 10: 5dp3dt BFP on hpt

June 18: beta 236

June 20: beta 653

June 23: Beta 2300

June 29: 5Weeks6Days Early Ultrasound - saw heartbeat!! 

#553 FlashDragon88

FlashDragon88
  • Global 100+
  • 234 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 09:47 PM

Jnkns- i think the rule will probably be one blastocyst or two 3 day embryos, i know the goal is a singleton pregnancy. If you have blocked tubes the new funding doesnt change anything for us and we still get our 3 tries.

I am 9w1d today and I'm still having lots of nausea but i did have some spotting earlier this week so that was scary. The clinic didn't seemed worried so now its just a waiting game. My first midwife appointment is next Wednesday, and i ordered a fetal doppler today so hopefully i will be able to hear a heartbeat when it comes in next week. Im so happy that you ladies are still doing well!

#554 knock_me_up

knock_me_up
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 04:57 PM

Thanks again for your help :) now to keep waiting

Dec 13 - retrieval day: (unable to reach Right Ovary) 12 eggs retrieved,  9 eggs fertilized, 8 dividing

Long Antagonist Protocol

April 1: Cycle Day 1: baseline bloodwork and ultrasound: new hypothyroid diagnosis, right ovary still high sad.png

#555 knock_me_up

knock_me_up
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 02:16 PM

Me again with more questions! We are still waiting for our orientation appt. date and was just curious when the clinic closes for Christmas? What is the last date that they will start my
IVF cycle in December? I should start a new menstral cycle by the last week of November and I'm anxious to start IVF before the new year and I'm nervous that if we don't get into start before Decmeber starts then I'll have to wait until January :(

Long Antagonist Protocol

#556 Mrs.Ray

Mrs.Ray
  • Global 100+
  • 215 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 25 October 2015 - 06:11 PM

Once you get your orientation date then you will have a better idea. You can usually start the next cycle after your orientation date depending n your circumstances and cycle schedule. Hope you get your date soon. It took three weeks to get ours. It's all hurry up and wait and then things will fly by for your cycle. ❤️
TTC#1 since Oct 2012. I'm 33 & Dh is 41. With an RE since Oct 2013 and diagnosed with low count (3 mil) and morphology of 2%. We have been referred to IVF with ICSI and due to a balanced translocation in Dh they are suggesting PGD as well. Decided against PGD and are now in the initial stages of IVF with ICSI. Dh had a TESA procedure done to retrieve sperm February 25, 2015. Praying they find some usable sperm! 🙏Sperm has been found! Freeze/thaw test went well and moving on to IVF. Waiting for orientation completed March 25th 2015!!!! 😆❤️IVF with ICSI and frozen TESE sperm #1- Antagonist protocol-75 menopur 100 puregon introducing orgalutran stim day 5 and trigger with ovidrel. ER on April 15. 9 eggs retrieved!!! 4 fertilized and one morula for 5 day transfer. Nothing to freeze. Negative hpts and started heavy spotting 10dp5dt. Beta May 3rd. BFN. 😢😢😢

Stuck on where to go and what to do next. 😫

#557 FlashDragon88

FlashDragon88
  • Global 100+
  • 234 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 07:52 PM

Sorry i can't be of any help to you jnkns, maybe give the clinic a call and ask them.
Imd- how are you doing? Did you find out the sexes yet? :)
I went for an ultrasound Friday because i had some spotting early last week and baby is measuring right on track and had a heartbeat of 170. Unfortunately i also found out i have an anterior placenta which can mean i will probably have to wait longer to hear the heartbeat and feel the baby move :(

#558 lmd

lmd
  • Global 100+
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:50 AM

Flashdragon - glad to hear things are going well for you. I'm doing good! Starting to get little uncomfortable dealing with bad back pain. Yes, we found out genders! We are having a boy and a girl. We are thrilled! Are you planning to find out gender? We had our 20 week detailed ultra sound last week and it was longgggggg 2 1/2 hrs because of twins. It was worth it because you get to see so much. Keep in touch!

#559 FlashDragon88

FlashDragon88
  • Global 100+
  • 234 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:25 AM

Imd- that's awesome! :D one of each is perfect! I hear you on the back pain, my SI joint started acting up almost as soon as i got pregnant (i already had back issues) and it has gotten to the point that i can barely walk or bend over some days. Im sure its only gonna get worse from here :(
We actually want to find out gender as soon as possible, there is a place in Niagara falls that can tell you as early as 14 weeks so i think we will be making the trip out there lol i really dont want to wait until after Christmas to find out. I go for my NT scan on Nov 12 and my next midwife appointment is Nov 18 :)

#560 lmd

lmd
  • Global 100+
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:32 AM

Flash- I know I wanted to know so bad but knew anything before 18 weeks can be a false test. With my luck I'd get my hopes up and then let down. LOL! I was considering a midwife too but was told from my dr with being an IVF conceived baby and considered high risk it's best I stick with gyno/obst. Midwives makes things so much more relaxed and heard great stories from friends that went that route.

#561 FlashDragon88

FlashDragon88
  • Global 100+
  • 234 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:12 AM

I think just having twins would make you higher risk, my midwife wasn't concerned at all with it being an ivf baby. I have only seen her once so far but i am definitely happy with my decision. Its just nice knowing that they will be the one delivering your baby not whoever is on call that day!

#562 Sunray016

Sunray016
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:37 PM

Hi Everyone! Ive enjoyed reading this thread. I am going to see LHSC end of this month in regards to Natural Cycle IVF. I am hoping they will take a chance on me and do it. Do any of you know if that is offered or have any of you been through it? At my age (almost 45) I do not feel comfortable with the injections/medications involved in regular IVF. Also, as I know my chances are slim so this will be a much less expensive way to see if this is meant to be.  I will add that my issue is tubal ligation and age(of course lol). I was blessed at 36 and 38 with son and daughter but did lose a twin second pregnancy very early on. I guess I just do not feel our family is complete and want to give this a try.

#563 knock_me_up

knock_me_up
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 01:49 PM

I think they would allow a non-medicated IVF cycle if it's your choice; you may have to go in for more ultrasounds to monitor your cycle, and they may recommend certain meds/supplements but at the end of the day it's your choice. Good luck!

Long Antagonist Protocol

#564 Faith&Hope

Faith&Hope
  • Cyclebase
  • 210 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 19 November 2015 - 03:57 PM

Sunray016 - when I was cycling at LHSC (2010-2012), they did not offer natural cycle IVF, even for poor responders. I have DOR and had asked my nurse and RE about it and I believe that they said they preferred to do medicated IVF cycles due to the higher chance of success. 

However, they were willing to do low stim dose protocols, which is what I ended up doing for IVF-ICSI#3 (and was successful).

Good luck! 

2009-2010 - TTC #1 Dx - Combined - DOR diagnosed at age 32: AMH 10.7 pmol/L (1.5 ng/ml), high FSH (highest FSH 27.3), low AFC; and MFI: >95% anti-sperm antibodies/oligoasthenoteratozoospermia)

IVF-ICSI#1 Jul/Aug 2011: (Me: 33, DH 37) Natural start antagonist protocol with Menopur 300 IU daily, Orgalutran. FSH 15, AFC 10, 7 eggs retrieved, 3 suitable for ICSI, 2 fertilized, 2 grade 1 embryos transferred on day 3.
Presumed ectopic, required methotrexate.

IVF-ICSI#2 attempt 1 - Jan/Feb 2012: Estrogen priming with Antagonist protocol - cancelled (high day 3 FSH 27.3 and unable to get an AFC).

IVF-ICSI#2 attempt 2 - Feb/Mar 2012: Microdose Lupron flare protocol with Puregon 300 IU + Menopur 150 IU daily. FSH 19, AFC 7, 6 eggs retrieved, 3 suitable for ICSI, 1 fertilized, but abnormally, transfer cancelled.

IVF-ICSI#3 - May/June/July 2012: OCP/low stim dose/Antagonist protocol.
May 26/12: started OCP (Cyclen-21) until June 16/12
June 20/12: baseline - FSH 21.7, E2 59 pmol/L, AFC 4 (right) +? (left - unable to see left ovary), started Puregon 150 IU + Luveris 75 IU daily
July 3/12: ER - 4 eggs retrieved, but only 2 suitable for ICSI
July 5/12: both eggs fertilized! (one 2-cell and one 4-cell embryo growing)
July 6/12: ET - 3dt of 2 embryos (one 4-cell and one 5-cell - both grade 1)
July 18/12: early beta 12dp3dt - 156
July 20/12: repeat beta 14dp3dt - 446.7 (doubling time ~32 hours)
Aug 10/12: first ultrasound - one heartbeat detected, little one measuring appropriately!
March 28, 2013 - our miracle daughter has arrived!

2014 - TTC#2 - back to the FC Apr/14, started on CoQ10 and DHEA, preparing for IVF-ICSI#4 in August
Aug 7/14 - surprise natural BFP (despite severe combined infertility diagnoses)
Aug 28/14 - viability u/s - heartbeat detected
April 4, 2015 - our second miracle daughter has arrived!

#565 Sunray016

Sunray016
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:07 AM

Hi I did not get email alert that my post was replied to glad I looked! Tks for the info girls I have the appt this afternoon I will let you know if they are willing to work with me on Natural Cycle. And yes I will discuss the low stim as well. We shall see!   : )

#566 Sunray016

Sunray016
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 03:35 PM

Hi girls so the doctor was open to trying whatever I want but he gave me much to consider. It would likely take many tries at natural cycle until it worked (if). The stats are not good. He said my chances with mini Ivf would be the same as regular. I am reconsidering donar egg plus investigating Augment (I forgot to ask him about that) through first step fertility in TO. 

#567 MrsW

MrsW
  • 22 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:16 PM

Hi ladies! I know I wasn't super active before out BFP, but I wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing...we're almost 22W with our LO, and we are having a boy!

Imd- that's awesome! biggrin.png one of each is perfect! I hear you on the back pain, my SI joint started acting up almost as soon as i got pregnant (i already had back issues) and it has gotten to the point that i can barely walk or bend over some days. Im sure its only gonna get worse from here sad.png
We actually want to find out gender as soon as possible, there is a place in Niagara falls that can tell you as early as 14 weeks so i think we will be making the trip out there lol i really dont want to wait until after Christmas to find out. I go for my NT scan on Nov 12 and my next midwife appointment is Nov 18 smile.png

Flash- did you find out the sex yet? We actually found out at 18W by doing a 3d ultrasound at UCBaby on Wellington...they guarantee finding out the sex, and you get to watch. It's awesome.

LMD-One of each is so awesome! Congrats again to you! 

#568 littlecornfield

littlecornfield
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:My dog and chickens, hiking and biking, travelling
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:57 PM

Hi Everyone,

We recently had a failed cycle through LHCS - we had 9 eggs retrieved and 0 fertilization.

I'm curious how long any of you had to wait between a failed cycle and a new cycle?

They are telling me 3 natural cycles right now before they will let us give it another go, so we can begin on day 1 of the 4th cycle (April).
34 yrs old DH 31
Ttc naturally for 1.5 yrs
Surgery for Uterine Septum and Endometriosis

2 failed IUI's September & November 2016

IVF #1 funded cycle January 2016 - zero eggs fertilzed :(

IVF # 2 long/agonist protocol May 2016
1 embryo transferred June 5th - none to freeze

#569 nicgro

nicgro
  • Global 100+
  • 149 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:08 AM

Wondering if anyone else received a call about "changes to the government funding". If so, wondering what you are planning on doing? I got a BFN yesterday from my last frozen blast. I was BROKEN. Then last night, I got a call about the funding changes. Way to pile on the stress lol. Just looking for some insight or opinions.

IVF #1

Oct 1, 2014 - 14 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 5 make it to blast

Oct 6, 2014 - Transfer 1 beautiful 4AA blast and freeze the remaining 4

Oct 15, 2014 - Start bleeding sad.png

Oct 17, 2014 - First Beta = 6   I know it's over, clinic is still trying to be positive

Oct 19, 2014 - Second Beta = 2  BFN

Oct 27, 2014 - Laparoscopy for Endo and ovarian cysts

FET #1

Feb 9, 2015 - Transfer 1 blast...clinic can't tell me the quality...isn't that weird?

Feb 22, 2015 - Beta = BFN sad.png

April 16, 2015 - Surgery to remove multiple uterine fibroids

Aug 24, 2015 - Take 3 month injection of Lupron Depot to try to help with endo pain/bleeding

Nov 24, 2015 - Take another 3 month injection of Lupron Depot

Feb 24, 2016 - Blood work and ultrasound. Was going to start prepping for FET, but thyroid is very low so need to increase meds before transfer

May 2, 2016 - start Estrace to prepare for FET (FET scheduled for May 18)

FET #2

May 18, 2016 - Transfer 1 blast...again not told what quality it is. Lose one blast in the thaw.

May 31, 2016 - BFN - I ask clinic what is going on and why this isn't working. They schedule me for a biopsy and sono.

June 9, 2016 - Biopsy and Sono performed. They find fibroids in my uterus and book surgery.

June 14, 2016 - Surgery to remove uterine fibroids

FET #3

September 20, 2016 - Transfer our final blast...stick baby stick

October 3, 2016 - BFN. I have never felt so broken in my life. Not sure I can continue on this journey, but must make a decision as just hours after getting my BFN, I get a call from my clinic saying that they made an error with my government funding and if I was going to continue, I must pay  everything back!!!

December 8, 2016 - Here we are again! Sono and biopsy to prepare for IVF #2 in January! They see something very small forming in my uterus, not large enough to operate on at this point though.

December 19, 2016 - Start Birth Control to prepare for next cycle.

January 7, 2017 - Have ultrasound done, everything looks good to move forward. Stop BC Pill.

IVF #2

#570 springtime33

springtime33
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 04 October 2016 - 12:30 PM

Wondering if anyone else received a call about "changes to the government funding". If so, wondering what you are planning on doing? I got a BFN yesterday from my last frozen blast. I was BROKEN. Then last night, I got a call about the funding changes. Way to pile on the stress lol. Just looking for some insight or opinions.

I haven't heard any of this!  Can you update me, what changes?  We just had a complete cycle fail. 

#571 nicgro

nicgro
  • Global 100+
  • 149 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 01:39 PM

Sprintime, it doesn't effect everyone. They would have called you if it did. If you didn't hear anything, you have nothing to worry about. Long story short, the government has "changed the rules". I used funding to pay to transfer my remaining frosties from a previous paid cycle. I was told I could do that, and then still use it for a fresh IVF, but then I would be responsible for paying for the frozen transfers that came out of that funded cycle. Now they decided that everything has to be done in the same cycle! So now I either pay the government back for the 2 FET they paid for so that I can access funding later, or I am cut off and can't have a paid IVF. I don't even know if what I said makes sense, such a messed up situation.

IVF #1

Oct 17, 2014 - First Beta = 6   I know it's over, clinic is still trying to be positive

FET #1

Feb 9, 2015 - Transfer 1 blast...clinic can't tell me the quality...isn't that weird?

Aug 24, 2015 - Take 3 month injection of Lupron Depot to try to help with endo pain/bleeding

Feb 24, 2016 - Blood work and ultrasound. Was going to start prepping for FET, but thyroid is very low so need to increase meds before transfer

FET #2

May 18, 2016 - Transfer 1 blast...again not told what quality it is. Lose one blast in the thaw.

May 31, 2016 - BFN - I ask clinic what is going on and why this isn't working. They schedule me for a biopsy and sono.

June 9, 2016 - Biopsy and Sono performed. They find fibroids in my uterus and book surgery.

FET #3

October 3, 2016 - BFN. I have never felt so broken in my life. Not sure I can continue on this journey, but must make a decision as just hours after getting my BFN, I get a call from my clinic saying that they made an error with my government funding and if I was going to continue, I must pay  everything back!!!

December 8, 2016 - Here we are again! Sono and biopsy to prepare for IVF #2 in January! They see something very small forming in my uterus, not large enough to operate on at this point though.

January 7, 2017 - Have ultrasound done, everything looks good to move forward. Stop BC Pill.

IVF #2

#572 Mrs. R

Mrs. R
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 04:43 PM

Hey ladies,

Sorry to hear of your unsuccessful cycles/transfers. I also had a failed cycle back in June (it was cancelled early on due to no response). We paid for it though, as I am on a wait list for funding for hopefully sometime next year. nicgro, how long did it take you to get funding? 

I'm sorry to hear about your predicament. It makes sense what you wrote. I feel like the government keeps changing things and our clinic also keeps changing things. Super frustrating.

Best of luck as you move forward.

Began ttc May 2014

Me: 31 DH: 30

Dec. 2015: Diagnosed with Premature Ovarian Failure

Jan. 2016: Started at fertility clinic

Had tubal dye test - tubes open

Had Sono - low follicle count on ovaries, possible uterine deviation

Feb. 2016: Had hysteroscopy - uterus is normal

Mar. 2016: DH advanced sperm test - normal

Apr. 2016: Told I could have surgery or try IVF - chose IVF

May 2016: IVF "training"

June 2016: IVF#1 - cancelled due to no ovarian response

Oct. 2016: Surgery - diagnosed with stage 3 endometriosis 

#573 springtime33

springtime33
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 04 October 2016 - 04:59 PM

Sorry to hear the Nicgro, there never seems to be any real concrete info on this funding. You are right it didn't affect us, we had nothing to freeze.  Mrs. R is right it seems to keep changing.  We are on the wait list also Mrs. R for next year (hopefully). We paid oop first, and really hope it doesn't affect us going fwd.  I am worried the "stats" of the clinic might affect us, such as are we maybe less likely to get a funded spot.  As of last month, the nurse kept saying, IF funding is available next year, IF the govt continues the funding. 

#574 nicgro

nicgro
  • Global 100+
  • 149 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:09 PM

I was able to access funding right away to use up my frozen blasts, but was put on the waiting list for a fresh cycle. I decided to use it for my existing frosties cause like you, my nurse said IF funding is still available. You never really know with the government. That could yank it at any time.

IVF #1

FET #1

FET #2

FET #3

IVF #2