August/September/October 2014 DE IVF cycle Buddies - Page 9 - Donor & Surrogacy Buddies - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

August/September/October 2014 DE IVF cycle Buddies

• Please log in to reply
500 replies to this topic

#201 Bubby99

Bubby99
  • 1000+
  • 1344 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Hannam, US DE clinic TBD

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:04 AM

Good luck gaby and lauryn.
  • mama2b2014 and Lauryn10 like this

Me - 37 38 DOR

DH - 39 40 (swimmers perfect)

TTC December 2010

Nautral cycle with clomid - too many to count 2012
Cancelled IUI - July 2012 (cysts)
September 2012 IUI mt Sinai BFN
Switched clinics January 2013 to Hannam
IVF #1
ER July 2013 - 4 follies 1 egg unsure.png 
ET July 2013 - transferred 1 embryo grade 2 7 cell
Current 2ww
Aug 2013 th_abfn.gif cry.gif

Sept 2013 Told IVF with my OE is not going to work cry.gif ...time to move onto to Plan B.

2015 Plan B donor eggs

#202 Tess

Tess
  • 1000+
  • 1495 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:24 PM

"I am in my 2ww, today is 8dp5dt. Already have a positive HPT. Beta is Sept 5!"

Congrats!  Good luck for the beta!  

I had a question about the work up, as I'm looking at different egg donor cycles in the States.  I'll probably need another saline infused ultra-sound, and if I could get it in Canada, it would be cheaper.  It looks like the clinics will want to take a look at the uterus, particularly if I do any guarantee plans.  But I'm in Alberta, and the clinic wait time is crazy -- something like 18 months now in Edmonton.  

Does anyone have any suggestions?  How did you all get your work-ups done if you went out of country?   

#203 juice

juice
  • Global 100+
  • 542 posts
  • Interests:Getting pregnant!! Used to have others, can't remember lol.
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:48 PM

"I am in my 2ww, today is 8dp5dt. Already have a positive HPT. Beta is Sept 5!"

Congrats!  Good luck for the beta!  

I had a question about the work up, as I'm looking at different egg donor cycles in the States.  I'll probably need another saline infused ultra-sound, and if I could get it in Canada, it would be cheaper.  It looks like the clinics will want to take a look at the uterus, particularly if I do any guarantee plans.  But I'm in Alberta, and the clinic wait time is crazy -- something like 18 months now in Edmonton.  

Does anyone have any suggestions?  How did you all get your work-ups done if you went out of country? 

I'm in Vancouver and went thru San Diego. I did my work-ups with PCRM here and had no wait at all. I got my appointments as needed and my cycle went as scheduled. I'm sorry you have to deal with crazy wait times :( I think a lot of people chose to go out of city for that reason, i.e. someone in Calgary going to Toronto or Vancouver. Good luck!

me - 45.5, husband - 43.5

1 natural pregnancy but m/c in June 2011

7 failed IUIs, 3 medicated and 4 non-medicated, all BFN

I was a poor responder to the meds, only produced 1 viable egg so I'm not a candidate for IVF

Suffering  deeply, watching all my friends get pregnant and raise kids.

No one in my immediate circle of friends and family who has gone through this so forums are amazingly helpful.

Dec 2013 - have chosen a donor with San Diego Fertility Center and have begun the process. If all goes well we'll get me preggo in April 2014. IF all goes well... 

It DIDN'T go well - our donor failed her genetic testing. It took MORE exhausting searches 24/7 to find another we liked, and finally she's passed and good to go. IF all goes well we'll go down to SDFC mid-June 2014 for the egg transfer and get me pregnant..if all goes well...if... if... if... so many letdowns cannot allow me to be hopeful, just wait and see...

June 2014 Went to SDFC, everything went smoothly. Well, kind of...family stuff... but transfer went well

July 16 2014 did blood test...BFP th_abfp.gif Wow. First time, feeling a lot emotions and crying uncontrollably for last 48 hours.

Hoping it sticks. That's all for now.

Aug 11 first u/s - TWINS. omg....good size, good heartbeat. I'm terrified.

#204 Tess

Tess
  • 1000+
  • 1495 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

"I'm in Vancouver and went thru San Diego. I did my work-ups with PCRM here and had no wait at all. I got my appointments as needed and my cycle went as scheduled. I'm sorry you have to deal with crazy wait times sad.png I think a lot of people chose to go out of city for that reason, i.e. someone in Calgary going to Toronto or Vancouver. Good luck!"

Thank you Juice!  I will call Edmonton and see if I can get in as a returning patient.  Will also call Calgary.  I paid to be on Calgary's IVF wait list a while back, so perhaps I can get in as a returning patient sooner. 

I was starting to freak out about the expense and time away from work if I had to do a separate fly-out for the work out.  But am feeling a bit better.   This is a long, hard road to climb, isn't it?  We just need to take it one step at a time.

I wish I had a clinic in town I could access for remote monitoring!!!  Would make life so much easier-

#205 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:55 PM

I did my work ups as part of mfc as a patient. Until our natural bfp and subsequent loss at 12.5 weeks we had planned no one more go with our own eggs. After the loss we just didn't have it in us to do so... So our plans changed and we decided to do donor eggs instead. Our work ups were done so all we needed were copies.

I guess I am saying that in reality there's no need to tell a clinic you are looking at de overseas or elsewhere. All they need to know is that you want to do ivf. All the tests (for the most part) are covered under provincial healthcare. As said, I'm not sure the clinic needs to know the full story. It may not be completely honest, but sometimes we need to act in our own best interests first.

See about me page.

#206 Tess

Tess
  • 1000+
  • 1495 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:35 PM

"I guess I am saying that in reality there's no need to tell a clinic you are looking at de overseas or elsewhere. All they need to know is that you want to do ivf. All the tests (for the most part) are covered under provincial healthcare."

That's what I'm thinking too.  smile.png    I was having a little panic attack today, and not thinking it through.  I bet I'll be able to get an appointment in the province.  

• patula likes this

#207 GabyP

GabyP
  • Global 100+
  • 235 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Interafertility

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:37 AM

So tomorrow is mu ultrasound to check the endometrium after 8 days. I am so nervous. I know I still have time and in 7 days fly to Mexico, but still, so nervous

• ociwoman likes this

#208 LastTry

LastTry
  • Global 100+
  • 586 posts
  • My Clinic:KARMA (Canada) / CRM (CR)

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:39 PM

I am in my 2ww, today is 8dp5dt. Already have a positive HPT. Beta is Sept 5!

welcome to the forum, Lauryn10

it is always great to see BFPs . Can you please share a little bit more details about your journey and which clinic did you work with?

Congratulations!

• Lauryn10 likes this

Me&DH 40+, 2 kids (teenagers),
3 miscarriages  (all 1st trimester natural pregnancies) 8388.gif8388.gif8388.gif 2010-2012
IUI and IVF with OE did not work for me
DE IVF - October 2014 th_abfp.gif
Baby boy arrives in June 2015!

#209 LastTry

LastTry
  • Global 100+
  • 586 posts
  • My Clinic:KARMA (Canada) / CRM (CR)

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:00 PM

Tess, sorry I do not know your history - did you work with any fertility clinic in Canada before? After our failed ivf I was open about our decision with my RE and told her we are planning DE cycle out of Canada and asked her if she can support me with the updating all the tests and rewriting the prescriptions. She was cooperative and so far so good - I did not have problem with any requisitions and prescriptions I needed...

I thought 10 months is crazy waiting time (we waited) - but 18 is even worse... Some areas need more doctors\clinics for sure...

Me&DH 40+, 2 kids (teenagers),
3 miscarriages  (all 1st trimester natural pregnancies) 8388.gif8388.gif8388.gif 2010-2012
IUI and IVF with OE did not work for me
DE IVF - October 2014 th_abfp.gif
Baby boy arrives in June 2015!

#210 Mtl43

Mtl43
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:09 AM

HI Tess and Last Try,  When we decided to go with F DE it was after much talking, crying, and for me a realization that my odds after 42 were small to none of getting pregnant with my eggs. I had a resection of my colon in 2010 so I am a high risk patient to begin with. Donor eggs made sense for me, they have more to stick with :) . Once we made the decision to go with DE, completed all the MANY required tests (ultrasounds, bloodwork that is up-to-date etc.) we moved on to clinics. Many offer a 30 day free trial to view donors....that's why I waited to be ready (all tests done) to jump on what's in stock.....donors go quickly so when your finally ready to decide they may already be taken. Than the search begins again and your committed on that clinic.

As far as clinics, I reviewed the donors first , their availability, 6 eggs plus, cost (plus the extra guarantee which is often offered) etc., Since we knew this was our last try the final decision was.,..... should we pay more $$ for the guarantee or not. Again this is a decision you will have to struggle with. We opted out of the guarantee and went with the clinic where we found the donors that fit what we wanted. We originally were going to go with OVOs  donor clinic....but after 3 tries at OVO , and a few bad vibes we switched altogether and went with MFC. Their clinic is NWCRYO in WA. So today we will find out if we had success....I couldn't sleep last night.  

My best advice....DO YOUR RESEARCH ! Sometimes the extra questions are worth asking and make them work for you!

I made at least 5 calls/emails to other fertility clinics (Little Miracles, Donor Egg Back USA are just a few), and found some wonderful people. Here's a funny thing, I was on the phone with the Sr. Coordinator at DEB, USA and she brought tears to me, understanding and helpful. We aren't even patients with them. Good luck to all. Sending sticky vibes to those waiting like me:)

#211 ociwoman

ociwoman

Mamma mia

• Global 100+
  • 820 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:16 AM

Mtl43,

Hi Mtl43, I just PM'd you about OVO's donor program, but I had not realized that you have already done your DE transfer. Wishing the best of luck that you get a BFP!! icon_stickyvibespink.gif icon_stickyvibespink.gif icon_stickyvibespink.gif icon_stickyvibespink.gif

#212 ociwoman

ociwoman

Mamma mia

• Global 100+
  • 820 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:25 AM

GabyP, Good luck today! Hope your uterine lining is loving the estrogen and is getting nice and thick! th_agl.gif

#213 Tess

Tess
  • 1000+
  • 1495 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:39 AM

"Tess, sorry I do not know your history - did you work with any fertility clinic in Canada before?"

I was with VFC for 3 IVFs, but they are out of province.  In Edmonton the local clinic won't do remote monitoring.   

GabyP,

Good luck with your lining check! 

"but after 3 tries at OVO , and a few bad vibes we switched altogether and went with MFC. Their clinic is NWCRYO in WA. So today we will find out if we had success....I couldn't sleep last night."

Good luck!!!  

Is NWCRYO a clinic in Washington State?   

• mama2b2014 likes this

#214 Mtl43

Mtl43
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:24 AM

yes, NWcryobank is in Spokane,WA...they flew the eggs to us here in Montreal via CAN-AM Cryoservices. Large selection of donors...once I get the news do I have a story for you ladies.

Fingers crossed, I'm still waiting to hear ------clinic opened at 6:45 am...I was in and out in 10 min and back home by 7:15. My hubby gets outta be and asked if I wend already? Too funny, I hardy slept last evening. He's had a cold so I kicked him out of the be to sleep in the guest room.....

I'm still taking Progesterone and Estrogen.....waiting for the call to keep taking them.my tummy is doing flip todayicon_speech_sigh.gif

• ociwoman likes this

#215 Mtl43

Mtl43
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:25 AM

hubby gets outta bed and asked if I went already? ooops sorry terrible spelling

#216 Lauryn10

Lauryn10
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:06 AM

I am in my 2ww, today is 8dp5dt. Already have a positive HPT. Beta is Sept 5!

welcome to the forum, Lauryn10
it is always great to see BFPs . Can you please share a little bit more details about your journey and which clinic did you work with?

Congratulations!
Thanks,

I am new to the IVF side of things. I have a 4 year old daughter who was conceived naturally, but we have been trying for number 2 for at least 2 years. I am currently 44. After a miscarriage and at least one chemical pregnancy, we sought some help. Clomid, many failed IUI's, and lots of giving up later...we decided to give donor eggs a try. We didn't research any other clinics and statistics and whatnot, we went with our local clinic (Calgary) and did what they told us to do. We did the transfer of 2 blasts on august 23, and none of the remaining blasts could be frozen, so this is our one and only IVF shot. I find some of the discussion on some of the other threads about researching, and refund guarantees, and live birth guarantees, etc. pretty disturbing since I never even thought to do any of that...just did what I was told where I was told to do it!

So that is me...I wait for the beta number and hope all is good...
  • mama2b2014 likes this

#217 ociwoman

ociwoman

Mamma mia

• Global 100+
  • 820 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:29 AM

Good luck Mtl43. The wait is freakin' excruciating!!!!! I actually feel like I am going to barf just thinking of you waiting for your response. Brings back so many memories.

Wishing you all the best!

#218 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:11 PM

Good luck Mtl43. The wait is freakin' excruciating!!!!! I actually feel like I am going to barf just thinking of you waiting for your response. Brings back so many memories.

Wishing you all the best!

LOL...  Hope you feel better OCIW!

Good luck Lauryn and MTL43!  oping you both get good news soon.

I'm at hope, after hitting the city for the US that never was.  I was told tuesday instead of Thursday (though the date was correct, I should have looked closer!)...  Two more sleeps till first US...  Itll only be 6 weeks exactly so I'm not holding my breath to see very much.

See about me page.

#219 Mtl43

Mtl43
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:56 PM

I'm thinking of u Lauryn10, hope for high numbers. Your very lucky to have found a donor so easily, and no problems.

Yes it is disturbing when you think of guarantees, live births etc. Like shopping for a donor...you see genetics, history, family profile etc. Very strange the first few times looking them over. 

My husband and I started IVF in 2012... I placed my trust without really knowing or understanding the hard facts...like my chances were lower than what I thought. My eggs and my hopes were so high after 3 tries (only the last one stuck but was ectopic), well it gets hard to stay positive.   For us knowing the facts, guarantee or not, etc allows me have "no regrets". 

So on this last try my hubby did our homework, the risk is worth all of it :) 

sooo got the call ladies...BFN!!!

Take care all.....I have no regrets.......be wellcry.gif

#220 ociwoman

ociwoman

Mamma mia

• Global 100+
  • 820 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:29 PM

Oh no. So sorry to hear that Mtl43. So unfair... Be good to yourself. th_abighug.gif

• Mtl43 likes this

#221 Tess

Tess
  • 1000+
  • 1495 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:35 PM

"sooo got the call ladies...BFN!!!"

I am so sorry.  Take care of yourself today.  

#222 SWg

SWg
  • 47 posts
  • Dx:Cancer
  • My Clinic:Montreal Fertility Center

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:51 PM

Hi,
I'm just a fly on the wall until my DE and GC start their cycles. I see a lot of people on here went to Europe for DE. What are the advantages compared to staying local?

#223 ociwoman

ociwoman

Mamma mia

• Global 100+
  • 820 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:33 PM

Biggest advantage is that a DE cycle in Europe costs much less than staying local. For example, my fresh DE cycle in Greece cost me $6800 plus travel costs and I ended up with eight 5-day blasts.

Biggest disadvantage: donors are totally anonymous. You get a profile of your donor, but no picture. The clinic matches you based on your photos, but you can't see the donor pics.

Other disadvantage, of course, is the travel itself. If you treat it as a vacation, it can be great fun. but if you have to go back for a FET, that may be a drag. 

• CdnHockeyGal and Bubby99 like this

#224 mama2b2014

mama2b2014
  • Global 100+
  • 296 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:35 PM

GabyP, how was your ultrasound?

I start my Lupron next Wednesday. Finally! All this waiting....I feel like one foot is on the gas pedal and one is on the brake yahoo.gif

Tess, so sorry to hear of your BFN. My heart goes out to you.

Mtl43, you sound like an amazingly strong woman. I wish you all the best in your future.

• ociwoman likes this

Me 44 DH 45

TTC since 2007
IVF#1 12 eggs, 7 fertilized, 1 transfer BFN
FET 2 transferred, BFP
8 weeks, strong heartbeat, 10 weeks, no heartbeat.

IVF#2 9 eggs, 4 fertilized, 4 transferred, BFN - old eggs
Moved to DE
August-Donor selected, ER on 10/5/14

6 embryos made it to blastocyst!

PGS 10/11 2 healthy girl embryos and 2 healthy boy embryos. 2 had genetic issues.

FET scheduled for December 15th

12/24 first beta 35

12/26 second beta 88

12/30 third beta 541th_acheerlead.gif

#225 hockeygirl

hockeygirl
  • 32 posts
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility Clinic

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:48 AM

How was your ultrasound gabyp? Curious to find out!

Tess sorry to hear about your bfn.... This sucks...I so feel your disappointment. :(

Mama2b....wow! How exciting!!!!! I'm curious as to how the lupron makes you feel... I've heard various things. Very exciting tho!!

I'm waiting on a saline sono now to check my lining.... My anxiety is getting the best of me... I'm on estrogen... And my worry is that they will find something wrong with my uterus... Ugh... I have no symptoms...regular periods... Nothing is wrong...but I still worry. It's stupid I know. Tell me there is nothing wrong!! It's just a lining check.. (Doing a mock cycle now)...

I hate anxiety. :(