4 replies to this topic

#1 YMELRD

YMELRD
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Shopping, horse back riding, barrel racing
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Aurora Reproductive Care/VFC

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:08 PM

I just had a failed IVF cycle at Aurora with no embryo's to freeze. So I am back at the beginning...

I am currently thinking of going to VFC for my second cycle.

Would love to hear from others on their experiences at both clinics and where they were successful, as well as your thoughts on the advantages (if any) in staying at the same place for a second cycle.

• comet_tails likes this

#2 Roller coaster

Roller coaster
  • Global 100+
  • 255 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:12 AM

I can only speak about VFC and would highly recommend Dr.Hudson and Dr.Graham. I did one fresh cycle which resulted in a fresh transfer and 3 FETs (3 BFN and one chemical). I then did a second fresh cycle which resulted in my little miracle boy. Dr. Hudson genuinely cares about each patient, he is up to date on the latest research and methods. He believes in immune therapy which seems to be a key factor for many people. Wishing you all the best with your decision and your journey :)

#3 mrsfinxy

mrsfinxy
  • Cyclebase
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Knitting, Reading, Exercising
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Aurora Reproductive Care

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:39 AM

I had a failed cycle at ARTUS with a BFN and nothing to freeze.  It was devistating.  I seriously considered moving to VFC, especially since we had to wait almost a year to cycle again, with their move to their current location.  We decided to give them another chance.  They changed my protocol and sent DH to see a urologist.  He got onto a vitamin/mineral regimen and with the new protocol I ended up getting more than twice as many eggs.  I ended up with a chemical pregnancy with the fresh transfer from our 2nd IVF cycle, but am currently pregnant from my first FET at Aurora.  I definitely had a more positive experience with them at their new facility vs their old one.  I think a big part of the reason we decided to give Aurora a 2nd chance was that we live in Saskatoon and it was so much easier to cycle at home.  I am sure if we would have ended up with a similar situation as our first we may have looked at going elsewhere for a 3rd try, but I am thankful we were able to stay at home.

See about me page

#4 SunshineTTC

SunshineTTC
  • 1000+
  • 1037 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:16 AM

Don't know your age or diagnosis, but if older or DOR or really anything but an easy case with good response to a cookie-cutter protocol producing lots of follicles... well, no success yet, but I will say my experience at VFC vs. Aurora has been night and day, no comparison.  My only regret is that I didn't find VFC sooner.  If this is going to happen for me, Dr. H and his team at VFC will make it happen... and they actually genuinely care and want to make it happen.  Aurora cancelled me and shrugged their shoulders, offering nothing but their same "low responder protocol" (ie. same cookie-cutter for all women) again, shrugged their shoulders and gave no hope.  They refuse to try anything new or non-standard, and are also still using the old slow-freezing methods, and have zero flexibility in their "batch cycles" and monitoring/appointment times -- VFC far more up to date, individualize to each woman, have been using the new fast-freezing method for 4 years already, and very flexible/adaptable when needed.  There are several women from SK and AB travelling to VFC, and last time I was there one of the staff told me they had a couple of Europeans travelling to them.  Depends on situation, but for me it's also ending up cheaper at VFC - travel included.

• comet_tails and ENF like this

Me: 40 41 42 43 44 45, single, FSH 6, LH 2 (FSH not high, but exceeded 2:1 ratio), DOR (AFC 5-7, v.low AMH), all else normal/healthy.

After a difficult 6 year journey of everything going wrong, amazing baby boy born Dec 2018.  Donor sperm + DEB-USA donor eggs.  Detailed journey in 'about me'.

#5 keepfaith

keepfaith
  • Global 100+
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:My family is my world and growing my family is a dream bigger than this world.
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:VFC & Aurora

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:44 PM

Such a hard decision that I can relate to......I live in Saskatoon and choose to go to VFC because of wonderful reviews of dr hudson.  I had done 1 fresh cycles (which I had to freeze all due to risk of OHSS), and 3 fet cycles that followed.  All resulted in BFN.....I absolutely love VFC and all staff they are so kind and genuinely care.  However,  as I now have to try 2nd attempt at fresh cycle I have chosen to stay in Saskatoon and will have my consult at the end of August.  I am a bit nervous as I have not had any interaction with them yet and like how Victoria tries new things and freezing process i believe is better at VFC. 

I figure stress of traveling and costs of travel so often for me may have not been good either.   VFC does offer a premier plan which if first cycle doesn't work you can try 2nd and 3rd time at a lesser cost. (which I was on)

Overall, I do believe staying with one clinic has its advantages...... but I am a VFC advocate.  Have a consult with DR Hudson to start he maybe can give you advise on what he would try differently.   I also had immune therapy done at VFC.

See my about me page for details.  Best wishes to you.   

• Mrs5 likes this

Me: 26  27   28-Tubal issues (Bilateral Hydro-both removed)

Husband: 35 36 37 mobility and count issues

TTC: 3.5 years

1 fur baby 3yrs old Boston Terrier

See about me for details of cycle(s)........

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Aurora, VFC