• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 daisy731

daisy731
  • 32 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Genesis

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:22 PM

Has anyone had trouble getting Progersterone in Ethyl Oleate in Canada?

I'm going to be starting injections this week for my FET but my pharmacy (Shoopers) is having trouble getting it - they say it might not be available. I live in Vancouver, BC.

I'm surprised by this, and my alternative is the Prog in sesame oil, but I've heard the ethyl oleate is thinner and easier to inject so I'd prefer that.

Anyone else have trouble getting this? Any idea where I could order from in Vancouver?

Thanks!

#2 Still_Hoping

Still_Hoping
  • 94 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:09 PM

My clinic sells it directly so I haven't had any issues. Does your clinic sell it directly? I've also been to a local compounding pharmacy to compare prices. You should call around for compounding pharmacies in Vancouver to see if they can formulate it for you if your clinic doesn't offer it:

http://www.yelp.ca/s...c=Vancouver, BC

good luck.

Me: 38, fibroids, DOR

DH: 37 and doing great!

May 2009 - natural DS arrives!!!

March 2011 - TTC

Feb 2012 - Diagnosed with extensive uterine fibroids and premature ovarian aging (high FSH, low AMH) and DOR. RE recommends donour eggs and surrogate - - but we're not ready for that as we've only just begun.

Spring/Summer 2012 - Underwent 3 hysteroscopic myomectomies.

Summer/Fall/Winter 2012 - Underwent 6 IUIs, all BFNs

March 2013 - IVF #1: 4 mature follies, retrieved 3, only 2 fertilized, only 1 made it to day 5 and then was frozen (devastated). Transfer cancelled due to recurring fluid in endometrium (devastated again).

April 2013 - Cancelled FET due to endometrial fluid despite treatment with estrogen patches. Office hysteroscopy showed no scarring of endometrium. Fluid likely from the uteran muscle.

May 2013 - Decreased fluid in endometrium. RE said "maybe hysteroscopy knocked something loose" and recommended FET. Chose natural cycle instead in hopes of further clearing my fluid - BFN.

June 2013 - pneumonia. Cancelled FET. Natural cycle with intralips - BFN.

July 2, 2013 - Natural FET of my only frostie with intralips and accupuncture. BFP!!!

EDD March 21, 2014

#3 nettibug

nettibug
  • Cyclebase
  • 1074 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:N/A

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

I use PIO and it's not that hard.  Even with the bigger needle (and doing all shots myself for five cycles except for a few days when DS gives them to me) I don't think it's as bad as menopur since it doesn't sting.

Single with secondary infertility, AMA, DOR, RPL.  TTC started with four failed IUI's.

IVF #1: converted to another IUI after 2 of 10 follies went rogue during stims --> BFN

IVF #2: 6 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized with ICSI --> 3dt of 4 high grade embryos with AH --> BFN

IVF #3: 6 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized with ICSI --> vitrified at 2PN (had to put TTC on hold)

IVF #4: 11 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized with ICSI --> 5dt of 3 blasts  --> th_abfp.gif --> lost HB at 8w4d 8388.gif

IVF #5: 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized with ICSI --> 5dt of 2 blasts --> th_abfp.gif --> missed m/c at 7w3d 8388.gif 

IVF #6: cancelled due to poor response --> IUI --> totally unexpected th_abfp.gif --> chemical 8388.gif

Getting off the IVF train and happily moving on to international adoption

Dossier approved & registered!  Waiting for a referral...  kaffeetrinker_2.gif

Nine months later, still waiting...

#4 hope4fertility

hope4fertility
  • 5 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:28 PM

I know Pace Pharmacy in Toronto compounds all types of PIO (ethyl oleate and cottonseed oil). And they ship all over Canada.  And thye also compound suppositories.

History of 5 early miscarriages

Tried IVF with PGS

OHSS so transfer delayed

Transfer and success

Due this summer.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Progesterone, FET, Vancouver