Hello, I just got referred into an OB in the Mount Sinai practice. I'm quite happy about that since all my records will be in one place and so far the experience at Mount Sinai has been very good.
I'm wondering if anyone has given birth at Mount Sinai and can talk about their labour and delivery rooms. Specifically I'm wondering if they will accommodate three support people, and also allow me to move around the room and are equipped for birthing positions other than on my back. Any ideas?
Me 37 - complete tubal blockage
TTC: 2 yrs
1997 - Natural pregnancy, miscarriage at 10 weeks.
2012, Jan - Asked for a referral to OB/GYN, suspected fertility issues. TTC 6 mo.
2012, Jun - Told one tube blocked, borderline PCOS, but otherwise good.
2012, Jul - Successfully conceived using metphormin & clomid @ 100 mg. First try with clomid
2012, Sep - Missed abortion, followed by hemorrhage admitted to ER.
2012, Nov - Admitted to high risk fertility / reproductive clinic at Mt. Sinai.
2013, Jan - Confirmed both tubes are blocked, will need IVF. Eligible for 3 cycles.
2013, May - IVF 1st cycle, Gonal-F (300 IU), Repronex (150 IU), Orgalutran (250 mg)
2013, May 25 - ER, 10 eggs, 8 fertilized
2013, May 28 - Day 3 all 8 embryos going forward to blastocyst, scheduled for Day 5 transfer
2013, May 30 - Transferred 1 blastocyst 4BB grade. Have 3 more for freezing 2AB, 2BC, 2BC.
2013, June 6 - Home Pregnancy Test = Positive ( ) - terrified of another miscarriage.
2013, June 7 - HPT BFP
2013, June 8 - HPT BFP
2013, June 8 - First Beta....waiting....waiting....waiting....when do we get these results?
2013, June 9 - HPT BFP
2013, June 9 - Clinic calls says , tell them about HPTs, they re-check = oops Beta @ 112 9dp5dt
2013, June 10 - HPT BFP - line is definitely darker then previously.
2013, June 10 - Second Beta....waiting....waiting....waiting
2013, June 11 - Second Beta = 209 @11dp5dt
2013, June 25 - Heartbeat @ 6 weeks 3 days is 127 bpm. Referred into Mt. Sinai OB.
2013, July 10 - Heartbeat @ 8 weeks 4 days is 175 bpm. Referred to Dr. Okun at Mt. Sinai.
2013, August 6 - 12 week, NT at 1.7 mm, Nasal bone present. Waiting for blood results.
2013, August 14 - First OB appointment. Appointments now scheduled through December.
2013, December 9 - Hanging in there. We're just over 30 weeks. Baby is so far healthy.
2014, February 11 - Healthy baby boy delivered at 00:43, 8 lbs 6 oz, 53 cm long.
Trying for Baby #2
2015, September 2 - First FET using embryos from 2013 IVF cycle.
2015, September 10 -
2015, September 17 - Find out Ontario government is changing eligibility criteria for IVF funding. Opt to begin an IVF cycle instead of continuing with more FET.
2015, September 27 - First blood and ultrasound, no dominant follicle. Next blood and ultrasound Oct 1.
2015, October 1 - Still no dominant follicle. Next blood and ultrasound Oct 5. Government announced changes to IVF funding beginning December 1, 2015.
2015, October 5 - Still no dominant follicle, Next blood and ultrasound Oct 9.
2015, October 9 - Blood work says I haven't ovulated, decided to skip the estrace and move me right into IVF.
2015, October 10 - Assigned Day 3 Starting Puregon 300 IU and Repronex 75IU today. Next blood & ultrasound Oct 14
2015, October 14 - Ultrasound showed a 1.8 follicile on my left ovary that might be a cyst. Also a 1.1 and on my right a 1.0. Added 250 IU Orgalutron to the medications, continuing with Repronex 75 IU and Puregon 300 IU.
2015, October 16 - Left ovary follicles 2.5 (ignoring this one), 1.0, 0.8*3. Right Ovary 0.8 and several smaller ones. Continuing same medications. Next appointment October 18 (Sunday). Was contacted and asked to participate in a research study (EEVA) to better standardize grading of early embryos. Agreed.
2015, October 18 - Several follicles, at least 4 are in the 1.0-1.3 range on the left ovary, at least 3 on the right ovary the same. Confirmed that they are looking for them to grow to at least 1.7. Next appt Tuesday October 20.
2015, October 20 - I have 3 mature follicles on the left and 2 on the right. There are some smaller ones, but the doctor thought it was best to proceed with what I have rather than risk waiting on the slow growing ones and have them not produce.
2015, October 21 - Took the ovidril (trigger) shot. Egg retrieval on October 22 at 8:00 am.
2015, October 22 - Egg retrieval. 4 eggs.
2015, October 23 - Only 1 egg fertilized
2015, October 24 - Another egg fertilized
2015, October 25 - transferred both embryos one was a 6-cell 2a and the other a 12-cell 1
2015, November 1 - Negative home pregnancy test
2015, November 3 - hCG at 33 (low) and bleeding.
2015, November 4 - Heavy bleeding late November 4 and continued November 5