#1 RMad

RMad
  • Global 100+
  • 210 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Markham

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:21 AM

Hi,

I received a call from Dr. Laskin's office yesterday that my IVF cycle was cancelled because my follicles weren't going and my estrogen wasn't rising as it should.  I had 6 follicles in total and my estrogen was 140 on Day 5 of stims.  I was on the birth control pill for two weeks, then Lupron for two weeks, and started purgeon 222 units on July 25th. 

My initial thought is that I was over suppressed, as my estrogen levels tend to be on the higher side normally.  I have severe endometriosis which was removed by lap surgery in April.  Dr. Laskin said to stop all medications and wait for my period.  Any idea when that might come?  I've been trying to get him on the phone but that is next to impossible!  The nurse said I can call in my next period and he will have a new protocol for me. 

Can anyone share their experiences with cancelled cycles, and what ended up working for you?  I'm so scared that the next one won't work either. 

Thank you!

Me: 31  DH: 31
TTC Since May 2011
Severe endo diagnosed October 2012, Lap to remove endo in April 2013
IVF #1 July 2013 BCP for two weeks, Lupron for two weeks then started Puregon. Cancelled after 4 days of stims due to low response
IVF #2 October 2013 Short protocol 4 eggs retrieved. 3 day transfer of 2 embryos. BFN
IVF #3 January 2014 - FSH 13, LH 17 yikes. AMH came back at 0.16, should we even bother? Cancelled after 9 days of stims, no response.
IVF #4 February 2014 - 4 eggs retrieved. Day 5 transfer of 2 early blasts. Chemical pregnancy

Moving onto donor eggs...

Donor found, cycling in July! Estimated retrieval date August 8th, transfer set for August 13th.

#2 Lisa1981

Lisa1981
  • Cyclebase
  • 1,698 posts
  • Interests:Getting my sanity back
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:N/A at the moment

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:56 AM

Hi,

First, I have to say that I am very sorry to read what you have been thru.. If you read my signature, I'm a pro at cancelled cycles... I also had the same amount of follicles (6) for my cycles and endometriosis... Unfortunately, your period will come when ever it want's too. There's no set rule. The sudden drop in FSH/LH may bring AF faster then anticipated (that's what happened to me) but for others it took a while for AF to show.

For my cancelled cycles, after the disapointment, I just took it one day at a time and called in CD1 when I was ready (I can't with this clinic, I have to wait to get my WTF appointment).

Good luck :)

Me: 33 - DH: 36

July 2012: referred to Ottawa fertility center
August 2012: Test results are back
High FSH, Low AFC (only 6)
Endo (duuuh) & DOR  (great....)

And may has well make it a trio...male factor (motility)

After 2 failed IUIs, 5 Failed IVF:

Trying on our own until spring come's along... 

Feb 09: A little Miracle, a natural BFP. Praying it sticks around for 9 months.

Feb 11: Beta 25 (yikes)- P4: 47 oh boy, put on progesterone

Feb 13: Beta 86 - P4: 144

Feb 18: Beta 544 - P4: 96

Feb 20: Beta 1128 - P4: 81... increased progesterone to 600mg

Feb 24: Beta 1608 - P4: 100... oh boy, not looking promissing

Feb 25: Beta: 1942 (no P4) at another hospital.. ok, looking better... U/S: sac and yolk. Nothing else.

March 04: HB 115. Problem: Sac is small... repeat u/s next week

March 14: U/S , HB (abdominal) 167bpm (internal) 158bpm. Problem: Sac still small, reapeat u/s in 10 days..

March 24: U/S confirmed no HB.. stop progesterone. M/C that same evening

#3 RMad

RMad
  • Global 100+
  • 210 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:10 AM

Thank you for your reply Lisa.
I really hope the next cycle works for you, when is your next appt?
I've decided that nothing is in my control right now, I just have to accept that I'm a guniea pig until they find the right protocol.
Just so frustrating after getting excited. I waited for lap surgery for so long as they wouldn't start ivf until I had it.
I ask about AF because we are tempted to go away to the Dominican for a week since I already booked it off thinking I would be needing recovery after the egg retrieval. I think we are just going to do it!!! I need a break and we've barely started lol.

Goodluck with your next cycle, I look forward to following your progress!
  • Lisa1981 likes this

TTC Since May 2011
IVF #1 July 2013 BCP for two weeks, Lupron for two weeks then started Puregon. Cancelled after 4 days of stims due to low response
IVF #2 October 2013 Short protocol 4 eggs retrieved. 3 day transfer of 2 embryos. BFN
IVF #3 January 2014 - FSH 13, LH 17 yikes. AMH came back at 0.16, should we even bother? Cancelled after 9 days of stims, no response.
IVF #4 February 2014 - 4 eggs retrieved. Day 5 transfer of 2 early blasts. Chemical pregnancy

Donor found, cycling in July! Estimated retrieval date August 8th, transfer set for August 13th.

#4 MB.

MB.
  • Global 100+
  • 693 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

Thank you for your reply Lisa.
I really hope the next cycle works for you, when is your next appt?
I've decided that nothing is in my control right now, I just have to accept that I'm a guniea pig until they find the right protocol.
Just so frustrating after getting excited. I waited for lap surgery for so long as they wouldn't start ivf until I had it.
I ask about AF because we are tempted to go away to the Dominican for a week since I already booked it off thinking I would be needing recovery after the egg retrieval. I think we are just going to do it!!! I need a break and we've barely started lol.

Goodluck with your next cycle, I look forward to following your progress!

Always go ahead with your vacations.  It keeps you connected to your partner and keeps you a bit more sane during this process.  Enjoy your time away. :)

• silverdollar and lucydes like this

#5 Lisa1981

Lisa1981
  • Cyclebase
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

I completely agree with MB. I wouldnt cancel my vacation (I cancelled my follow-up appt earlier this month for my vacation, lol). This process is very draining. It's important that the both of you stay connected. I know waiting is the worst part, but it's also mostly what we do, wait for AF, wait for u/s, wait for embryos dev. reports, the two week wait etc.. Like MB said, you need to keep your sanity, lol.

I'll be going for my follow-up appointment on Aug 9 and will start a new cycle as soon as CD1 arrives (which should be Aug 9th, LOL).

I'll be keeping an eye out for you and follow your updates :D

Wishing you the best of luck and a fantastic vacation,

Lisa

Feb 25: Beta: 1942 (no P4) at another hospital.. ok, looking better... U/S: sac and yolk. Nothing else.

March 14: U/S , HB (abdominal) 167bpm (internal) 158bpm. Problem: Sac still small, reapeat u/s in 10 days..

#6 RMad

RMad
  • Global 100+
  • 210 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:40 PM

Thanks for the advice ladies.

Unfortunately it's too late to book anything that isn't crazy expensive,
I wish I had known this cycle would be cancelled earlier!!! Ugh

Oh well we have a wedding in Ottawa this weekend then we might go to Montreal for a few days.

All the best to you, enjoy the rest of your summer!!!!

TTC Since May 2011

#7 Lisa1981

Lisa1981
  • Cyclebase
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:52 AM

Oh, I hope you enjoy your time on Ottawa and Montreal.

I hope you have a great summer :D

Lisa