2 replies to this topic

#1 Converted

Converted
  • Global 100+
  • 298 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

Hi ladies!
I'm searching into the process of a FET cycle. I understand there's a consultation. What does this involve? Does the doctor check my lining before even starting? I will need to take provera and BCP...am I monitored all the way thru this or only before transfer? I'm totally clueless so any info is welcome!

#2 smc

smc

BiCentennial

• Cyclebase
  • 4982 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with family and friends.
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

I think it might be a tiny bit different from clinic to clinic. 

I can tell you what mine were like. 

I took provera to bring on a period and then did the CD3 u/s and started Estrace to help with the lining, I think I did 2 more u/s and that was it, ready for transfer about 14 days or so later.  It was a walk in the park compared to a fresh cycle!

Best of luck with your cycle!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

#3 vball_gal

vball_gal
  • Cyclebase
  • 1204 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:RFP (Calgary)

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

There's 2 main FET protocols (steps within those vary from clinic to clinic):

1) Medicated cycle - You are given medication to suppress your regular hormones so they can control the levels in your cycle and build up your lining using estrogen and progesterone.  (You won't produce progesterone naturally in this cycle).

2) Natural cycle - No suppression, they rely on you using ovulation kits to detect your LH surge.  When your surge occurs your transfer is done.

A lot of clinics prefer medicated cycles because they can control the date of the transfer (not all clinics operate 7 days week etc.).   Some women don't ovulate on their own so a natural cycle wouldn't be a good fit for them.

My cycle was nasal suprefact (to suppress), phone in my AF when it occurred and start taking estrogen to build up my lining.  u/s check 2 weeks later followed by my transfer 5 days after the u/s check.

See my about page for more information...