29 replies to this topic

#26 Lula

Lula
  • 59 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 07 March 2016 - 11:29 PM

Hi Everyone,
I'm just about to start acupuncture to coincide with a frozen embryo transfer. Did any of you get your bfp?

#27 Chia

Chia
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:55 AM

Hello,

I started acupuncture on 7/5 and I have been going twice a week. I haven't taken any Chinese herbs. My period is a 28 day cycle, very regular. It's probably sometimes 29 once or twice. I ovulate regular as well around the 14th day. I had an ultrasound to show I even ovulated. My period was supposed to come on Tuesday, July 19th. I had some brown discharge, little blood when wiping while going to the bathroom but that's it. Today, there is nothing. No period. Is acupuncture twice a week messing my cycle up? I have never spotted before a period. My period just shows up. I'm nervous. I was supposed to start IVF this cycle Please help.

#28 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 1,380 posts
  • Interests:running, cooking, gardening, travelling
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 20 July 2016 - 11:34 AM

I know my cycle can be affected by too much exercise but also stress. Outside of that I am very regular. It could be your stress levels before first IVF. Any chance you can do something to reduce stress levels? I doubt acupuncture would mess up your cycle

See profile for my IF history.

#29 readytomom

readytomom
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Boardgaming and crafts
  • My Clinic:Onsite Therapy

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:08 PM

I had my first baby boy almost 3 years ago and since then I have gone back to work.  I am so busy now and the stress of life is back along with a 2 yr old so I am pretty tired.  I am trying to get pregnant again so thought I would try acupuncture, as I am a little older now, and came on here to do a little research.  A friend told me about http://onsitetherapy.ca/Has anyone heard of them? Are they good? I am interested because I have less time these days and they would perform acupuncture in my condo.

#30 Kriskrush

Kriskrush
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:14 AM

I just started acupuncture at the end of my last period. We have been trying to get pregnant for 7 months with no luck. I just got my period again on cycle day 14. Is this normal? Do I now have a new cycle and be ovulating again in 10 days from now. Or will I get my period again when I was supposed to?