• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 fingerscrossed11

fingerscrossed11
  • 90 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

Hi,

I am so confused. A little background, I have unexplained infertility and have been ttc for over 5 years. I have done 1 fresh IVF that resulted in 5 excellent blasts, which ended with 2 ectopics, 1 missed miscarriage and 2 BFNs. I decided to try TCM with acupuncture and this is my 4th cycle. This cycle and my last cycle I have been spotting about a week before my period is due. My bbts are remaining high and I have no cramping with the spotting. This has never happened before and I'm wondering if it is the acupuncture and/or herbs I'm taking or is just my body deciding to mess with me now. Everything I have found states that acupuncture/herbs help with cycles so I am super confused. My acupuncturist specializes in fertility and my herbs change weekly depending on where I am in my cycle and symptoms.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, my bbt's this cycle are higher than normal, does that mean that I am producing more progesterone?

Anyways, if anyone has any experience I would love to hear about it.

Thanks,

FX

#2 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 12,913 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

Hello Fingerscrossed,

It could be Implantation Bleeding. Sometimes spotting occurs when the embryo implants into the uterine lining. So what is happening could be a good sign.

It doesn't hurt to tell your TCM particioner about what you are feeling so that s/he can make any necessary adjustments to your treatment plan.

I want to wish you all the best this te around. Please do keep us posted. Sending you sticky vibes and I will add a big helping of good thoughts, too.

FX!

:)

#3 Emma15

Emma15
  • 25 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

Hi Fingercrossed11,

I started acupuncture in March and just like you, my cycles have worsened.  In fact, i had 24 day cycles and 4 days bleeding of which 3 were heavy and 1 light and on the 5th day light spotting.  When i started acupuncture on CD5, 20 mins after i left the session i got a flow!!!!  i was freaking out.  Someone told me that maybe it is working already so, i let it go.  However, fast forward to April, i had 4 days of very, very heavy period with 1 day light and 1 days spotting - so overall i went from 4 days period to 6 days period and to make matters worse, my cycle was ONLY 22 days!!! worse than ever.  I am thinking that acupuncture is just not working for me and making it worse....but, i also wonder if it is b/c of my DOR and it is just a coincidence that it happened but, at any rate, i was going as recommended twice per week but, now, i am only going to go once a week as i just feel that it is making things worse as that is the only new thing i introduced in my life...

Me: 35 DH: 35

TTC #1 for 2 years

Low AMH, high FSH, MTHFR (A&C pairs) + immune issues

2013-TTC with supplements (dhea, ubiquinol, chinese herbs, and acupuncture) BFN

2013 - Fermara and IUI's - BFN

Nov. 2013 Laporascopy- mild endo removed, polyps removed 

2014: TTC with injects and IUI x3 (13 eggs) BFFN

2014: Immune testing through 23andme showed MTHFR (both pairs) and methylynation issues

May 2014 Dr. Fiona changes my protocol to include MTHFR treatments and B12 and IgG - TTC on our own for 2-3 months hoping for a miracle.  RE says egg quality is an issue b/c of the higher FSH, wants to do IVF.

#4 Dr. Brown FABORM

Dr. Brown FABORM
  • Advisor
  • 336 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Acubalance

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

Hello

I have been in practice since 2000.  I remember the first few times a woman's cycle "got worse" and how I felt responsible and questioned what my treatments may have caused.  Fortunately the first few also conceived within a few cycles after having been TTC to conceive for 3-8 years.  

Here is what I can share from my experience.  Acupuncture is about providing information to your body to self regulate.  In your body's attempt to self regulate your cycles can often get worse before they get better.  Like when you sweep out your garage in the spring.  The dust in the air makes the visibility almost impossible but after a few hours it settles and it looks much better.   You ever start an exercise program and feel sore and tired after?  Is it the exercise still beneficial even though you may feel lousy for 7-10 days?

Cycles can appear to get worse when you start Chinese medicine.  The most common I have seen is the cycle length reboots so you normally bleed at the end of the month and then you have an 18 day cycle and now bleed in the middle of the month.  The old pattern was not working for you so I see this as a good sign.  Any change is a good sign.  The second most common is the clotting and pain gets worse for two cycles.  This the medicine actually working to dispel what we call "Blood stasis".  Usually, one really large clots with incredible pain comes out and then no more pain after that.

There are other factors too.  If you have DOR then like you said it can be a coincidence.  Also, if you had a recent miscarriage then it may take a few cycles for your hormones to balance and your cycle to regulate.

Going down to once per week may actually work against your acupuncturists ability to regulate your cycle.   Increasing to three per week  for one cycle would be more beneficial.  At least continue at 2/week for one more cycle.

This has been my experience.  I hope it provides you with some comfort.

Lorne Brown B.Sc.,CA, Dr.TCM, FABORM, CHt
Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Clinical Hypnotherapist
Founder and Clinical Director Acubalance Wellness Centre (British Columbia)
www.acubalance.ca
www.ifsymposium.com
604-678-8600

#5 oscarwildthing

oscarwildthing
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 03:29 AM

This is an old thread but I am replying because this was the only post on the topic and I think it is IMPORTANT! :-)

I used to have an amazing acupuncturist to help me with my painful periods. Her treatment made the pain lessen within 2-3 months of treatment. Importantly, there were no painful or negative or weird 'side effects': my period just slowly got more regular, less weird and less painful, and there were myriad other health benefits.

Unfortunately I moved away from the city where she practiced, which makes me sad. But recently,my SO and I started TTC. So I went to a new acupuncturist. My period had stayed less painful for years after the lady's treatment, but had started getting worse again.

After the first visit with the new acupuncturist, my period was MORE weird, lighter, thinner and slightly more painful, although it came slightly more regularly. She explained this could be a side effect of the treatment. But I remembered what my other acupuncturist had said when she was treating me....

My old acupuncturist had said that sometimes, practitioners are hasty. They try to force the body to change quickly, rather than slowly and gently helping it become more in balance. She said this can create side effects, and sometimes new imbalances, (such as a more regular but scanty period or a more regular but more painful period!!)

Remembering that, I chose to stop treatment with the new practitioner. My experience with my old, amazing practitioner had taught me that Chinese medicine done right feels amazing from start to finish - in her words, 'the body will love it!'. Any time you are getting 'side effects' or weird symptoms from the Chinese medicine herbs and acupuncture, that means the body is being forced to heal, rather than gently and efficiently change. 

I hope anyone else reading this might be helped by her advice. :-)

#6 Dr. Brown FABORM

Dr. Brown FABORM
  • Advisor
  • 336 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:45 PM

I will have to partially disagree.  Not fully just partially.   Full discloser…I am a man so I do not menstruate.  However,  I have supported more than a 1000 woman through many menstrual cycles.  I also lecture to naturopaths and acupuncturists as well as the general public on what is  healthy menstrual cycle and how to treat a unhealthy cycle using acupuncture, diet and herbs.  I share this background info to  provide you with some confidence on my opinion this topic.  

You can feel worse for one or two cycles but it normally does not persist longer.  And as the post shared, this is not the norm but it can happen and it really is not about forcing the body.  If you were trained in acupuncture you would understand that this idea of forcing is not really supported well.

When the body takes in the information from acupuncture and begins to heal it can be uncomfortable.   When you start an exercise program you can feel sore and tired but this does not mean the exercise or your trainer  is forcing you to much.  When you cut out sugar and change your diet for the better you may have  sugar withdrawals and feel very irritable and sometimes even  have a natural detox by expressing a few pimples or lose stools.  Again the body is finding its balance and your nutritionist i snot forcing your body too hard..   When a smoker quits smoking cigarets they often have periodic chest coughs bringing up dark mucous.   Again the body is finding its balance and these symptoms are for the long term benefit.  

Normally it is a gradual improvement but it is not always the case.  I recall a woman I treated that had painful periods.  About a 4 out 10 on the pain scale for 3 day.  The second cycle I was treating her for blood stasis and she had a 10 out 10 in pain and passed a very large clot.  But never had pain for the remainder of her future cycles I treated her.   Again, to transform the blood stasis it was uncomfortable to pass the clot but it resolved her painful periods and she went on to conceive shortly after.

So for all those reading this.  In general you should feel better over the 3-6 months you are in acupuncture care.  But sometimes it is 3 steps backwards before 10 steps backwards.  If you are feeling not well then let your practitioner know.  And they can adjust treatment by revisiting their pattern diagnosis for you.   And obviously, as in your case over several cycles (3 or more) you seem to not improve or go backwards then yes try a new practitioner.  And if they too cannot help then you will know it was not any issue with your first :-)

Wishing you all well with healthy cycles and lots of healthy babies

Lorne

www.acubalance.ca

www.ifsymposium.com

• CdnHockeyGal likes this
www.acubalance.ca
www.ifsymposium.com
604-678-8600

#7 Cubsareready!

Cubsareready!
  • 28 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:19 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm in need of some major insight....can anyone please provide any???

Started acupuncture 3 months ago after 2 miscarriages (IVF related) plus started taking Chinese herbs. Had a period in Sept but that was last one. I haven't had my period in 3 months now. Got a little excited so went and did 2 pt but both were BFN :(

I don't know what is going on in my body. I stopped taking the herbs about 10 days ago to see if perhaps they were causing the delay but nothing yet. I'm confused as I thought acupuncture was suppose to help with the cycle. ????? What am I doing wrong?

Would love to hear from anyone else who has been in this situation before. Please help! What should I do as my acupuncturist has no answers.

#8 Dr. Brown FABORM

Dr. Brown FABORM
  • Advisor
  • 336 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 12:48 AM

When was your last IVF? And pregnacy loss?

If within last 3-4 months I suggests testing following

HcG - to make sure no materials of conception remaining
Progesterone - have you ovulated
Estrogen - if overly high and not ovulated than possible cyst (possible side effect to IVF and ovulation drugs)

I was not clear on your dates in your posts so provided you with general reasons for loss of your menstrual cycle after an Ivf or miscarriage

I hope this helps.
www.acubalance.ca
www.ifsymposium.com
604-678-8600

#9 Cubsareready!

Cubsareready!
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 06:34 AM

Hi Dr. Brown,

Thank you for responding so promptly. Here's some more details about me. I had 4 fet last year all with 2 planted embryos at a time. First two were bfn and last two were both miscarriages at 6-7 weeks. Feb 2015 and last mc was July 2015. I didn't return to the clinic after my last mc which was July. Got a period on Sept 11th and that was the last but I also began acupuncture in September (17th) 2×/week. I'm actually starting to panic as this delay in my cycle unusually long.

Definitely think I need to go get tested for what you suggested.

What are your thoughts?

#10 Dr. Brown FABORM

Dr. Brown FABORM
  • Advisor
  • 336 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 08:59 AM

I suggest you run the test to rule any marterials of conception remaining
- test blood first and possibly ultrasound if blood does not give you a definitive answer
- estradiol
- progesterone
- hcG
Plus
FSH and LH since you are not cycling

Acupuncture would not stop you from having a cycle. If it could suppress your hypothalamus (and stop you me strutting) then there would be many acupuncture clinics providing family planning (birth control) for a lucrative career and none exist that I am aware of. My point is I am very doubtful acupuncture is responsible for you losing your cycle.

Good luck.

Lorne
www.acubalance.ca
www.ifsymposium.com
604-678-8600

#11 Cubsareready!

Cubsareready!
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 10:23 AM

I have made an appointment with my doctor and will be sure he runs the tests that you have suggested. I need to get to the bottom of this as it's driving me crazy!

I do agree with you that I don't believe acupuncture is the cause of this prolonged delay. At first I thought perhaps it was the herbs that I have been on for 3 months but I stopped taking those about 10 days ago.

Thank you once again Dr. Brown, I hope to have answers soon.

#12 Hoping&Praying

Hoping&Praying
  • 66 posts
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Clinic

Posted 31 December 2015 - 01:49 PM

Hi Everyone... I know this is a little early, but I too have a delay getting my period. I generally have a 27 day cycle, but it has been a little sporadic lately. My last 3 cycles have been the following: September was a 26 day cycle, November was a 25 day cycle, and then I got my period again on November 30th which would have been another 25 day cycle. So, currently I believed I was due for my period on the 27th of December approximately. It is now the 31st (which would be a 31 day cycle presently) and I spotted a tiny tiny bit yesterday and today, but still nothing. I barely get cramps (which is unusual for me). I started taking the acupuncture because we are hoping to be starting IVF soon... Now, I am a little worried my cycles are going to be off now. I am just worried cause I do not usually have late periods (early yes, but not late). I took a pregnancy test yesterday morning that said negative as well, so I know I am not pregnant. I started acupuncture on November 18th and therefore have had 7 treatments ( I only go once a week for a half hour session and I am not on any herbal supplements other than my prenatal vitamin). It is probably too early still to tell what is going to happen, but I was trying to read up a little more on this, and came across this thread. Thanks for listening :)

32 yrs old, DH 33

TTC since 2009.

DX: Unexplained Infertility

12/2013 - Consult with RE @ clinic 
02/2014 - IUI #1 bfn - one follicle
03/2014 - IUI #2 bfn - one follicle
07/2015 - IUI #3 bfn - 3 follicles- cycle with Serophene
*First 2 cycles with Gonal-F, 3rd IUI with both Gonal-F and Serophene, all: th_abfn.gif

10/05/2015 - IVF coverage announced yahoo.gif We signed up for IVF wait list at our clinic

10/30/2015- Signed Consent 

11/12/2015- Received call to confirm that we were on the approved list
12/21/2015- IVF coverage begins at clinic! 

01/12/2016- Received call from clinic biggrin.png Looking like it should be a March cycle? 

02/18/2016- Started Estradot patch

02/23/2016- Day 1

02/24/2016- Started stimming

03/07/2016- ER

03/12/2016- Transfer

03/24/2016 - Beta: 31 

03/29/2016 - Chemical Pregnancy zjujfjf.gif 

01/13/2017-Called to start 1st FET cycle

01/19/2017-Transfer

01/29/2017-HPT-BFN icon_cry.gif

#13 Dr. Brown FABORM

Dr. Brown FABORM
  • Advisor
  • 336 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:02 AM

Hi Praying&Hoping in Ottawa

31 day cycle is better than a 32 day cycle in my opinion.  In Chinese medicine we prefer regular so  if you continued to fluctuate between 25 and 32 day cycles it would be something we would want to correct.   The range is 26 - 35 days but the key is regular.  So less than 26 days consistent,y is too early and more than 35 days regularly is too long according to Chinese medicine

So what could be happening with you.  And by the way I do not see any alarm bells going off for you.

Two common reasons why your cycle could be late

1. pregnant

2. delayed ovulation

1. It is possible you had fertilization but then your embryo stopped developing and hence not picked up with your urine EPT or it is viable and just not picked up on your EPT

2. You ovulated a few days later than normal

If you know when you ovulated based on ovulation predictor test or accurate BBT this cycle then it is easier to figure out which of the two it maybe.

If you know with certainty you ovulated on day 14 or earlier (BBT or ovulation predictor test)

What I often would suggest in your case if your bleed has  still not started is to do another urine test and if no bleed by day 33 is to have  a blood test of both progesterone and Hcg

If you did not test for ovulation then run the blood test on day 35 progesterone and Hcg

This cycle could be a one off and therefore nothing to worry about.   Regardless, you were having early cycles before you started acupuncture and having early cycles like yours are not optimal for fertility from a Chinese medicine perspective or a functional medicine perspective.  Either you are having early recruitment of follicles,  early ovulation which can lead to  immature and smaller follicles that are not as easy for sperm to fertilize or you  ovulated within normal range (14-16) and you have short luteal phase.  

It is up to you to share the info about your cycle with your acupuncturist so he/she can help you regulate your hormones and cycles.  For those who live in the Vancouver area I am giving a lecture on 10 steps to getting pregnant where I emphasize regulating the cycle for optimal fertility.

In your case there could have been fertilization which is a step in the right direction.   I would need much more history and current details to be more specific. The forums have their limitations but I hope I offered you some info and action steps too.

Lorne

www.acubalance.ca

www.ifsymposium.com

Women and men sharing their fertility stories

Check out the Acubalance Fertility Diet and download for free

Read More on optimizing your fertility on the Acubalance Blog

Acubalance in the news

www.acubalance.ca
www.ifsymposium.com
604-678-8600

#14 Hoping&Praying

Hoping&Praying
  • 66 posts
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Clinic

Posted 01 January 2016 - 01:36 PM

Wow. You rock! Thank you so much for the information Dr. Brown. I thought I was pretty regular, but I guess I might be off more than I thought. I will begin testing ovulation again this next cycle to make sure I'm ovulating. 

Still no period today (other than the odd spotting). I tested again yesterday, and it came back negative again. I will do what you said and on day 35 I will get a blood test as I have not been keeping track of my ovulation (just my periods). 

Thank you again for responding. This is really bothering me. I really don't want to begin IVF if my cycles are not as regular as they should be. I will mention to my doctor my concerns.

Happy New Year smile.png

• Dr. Brown FABORM likes this

32 yrs old, DH 33

TTC since 2009.

DX: Unexplained Infertility

12/2013 - Consult with RE @ clinic 
02/2014 - IUI #1 bfn - one follicle
03/2014 - IUI #2 bfn - one follicle
07/2015 - IUI #3 bfn - 3 follicles- cycle with Serophene
*First 2 cycles with Gonal-F, 3rd IUI with both Gonal-F and Serophene, all: th_abfn.gif

10/05/2015 - IVF coverage announced yahoo.gif We signed up for IVF wait list at our clinic

10/30/2015- Signed Consent 

11/12/2015- Received call to confirm that we were on the approved list
12/21/2015- IVF coverage begins at clinic! 

01/12/2016- Received call from clinic biggrin.png Looking like it should be a March cycle? 

02/18/2016- Started Estradot patch

02/23/2016- Day 1

02/24/2016- Started stimming

03/07/2016- ER

03/12/2016- Transfer

03/24/2016 - Beta: 31 

03/29/2016 - Chemical Pregnancy zjujfjf.gif 

01/13/2017-Called to start 1st FET cycle

01/19/2017-Transfer

01/29/2017-HPT-BFN icon_cry.gif

#15 Mgarcia

Mgarcia
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 02:36 PM

I started acupuncture about 7 going on 8 weeks ago and have had 4 sessions. I was on the pill for 8 years. Stopped taking it in April 2015 and never had a regular period after. In sept I went to an RE and we tried clomid twice. Neither time did the clomid create any follicles big enough to trigger. Then My RE wanted to prescribe me injectables but my husband and I didnt want to go that route. I started researching natural ways to ovulate and found acupuncture so I loctaed an acupuncturist in my town and made an appointment. 1st session didn't feel a thing. 2nd session I could feel stuff moving around in my stomach. Like the gears had started turning. The morning of my 3rd session I had small amount of blood when i wiped. Oh I should mention besides taking provera to start the clomid I had not had a period since June. By that weekend after my 3rd session the flood gates had opened and I was having a really heavy period. Fast forward 3 weeks later and I am still bleeding very heavy with no end in sight. I wasn't treated the first 2 weeks because my acupuncturist thought i was just evening myself out. I saw her 2 days ago and she tried to stop my flow and sent me home with some small stickies for spleen 4 to keep on until next week. My flow has still not lightened up since I saw her last and I'm beginning to wonder if I am beyond repair. Anyone else have this happen to them?

#16 Dr. Brown FABORM

Dr. Brown FABORM
  • Advisor
  • 336 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 09:03 AM

If you have been bleeding heavy my advice is

Go see your doctor or OBGYN as this could lead to anemia and more serious health risk for you.  Acupuncture every two weeks (4 times in 8 weeks) is unlikely going to help.

I would and have treated Heavy bleeding (Beng Lou in Chinese medicine and Menorrhagia in western medicine) with herbs.  If I was to approach this with acupuncture alone (Herbal much more effective) I would be seeing you daily for 3-5 days.

Did they monitor you after clomid to see if you ever released a follicle?  I am curious if there is a possibility you may even have conceived and are miscarrying??? I have treated non ovulatory women who are not having bleeds and become pregnant.  They would have ovulated and conceived that cycle and hence never bleeding and so not expecting a bleed.

My first priority is to emphasize you get the bleeding stopped as there can be risk to profuse blood loss.

Wishing you well.

www.acubalance.ca
www.ifsymposium.com
604-678-8600

#17 Mgarcia

Mgarcia
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:32 PM

Thanks Dr. Brown for replying. I was never scheduled a follow up to see if I ovulated. I don't believe I conceived because I take an hcg test daily (when not bleeding) and nothing ever registered. My acupunctuist said she wanted to try herbs as her last resort so I will call her today and tell her I would really like to start taking those. I have some provera left so I can stop my flow I was just trying to do this as natural as possible first. Hopefully the herbs will work.

#18 Dr. Brown FABORM

Dr. Brown FABORM
  • Advisor
  • 336 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:29 PM

I hope you are able to stem the flow quickly.  Careful with using hormones like provera without the guidance of your MD or ND.

www.acubalance.ca
www.ifsymposium.com
604-678-8600

#19 dragnfly

dragnfly
  • Global 100+
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:Sewing, working on cars, my chickens
  • My Clinic:CORM, Webster,TX, USA

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:11 AM

The only time I ever bled that long and that heavy, I had a pelvic infection (not good for TTC) caused by an undetected UTI. Maybe you should go see your OB just to be safe. They ended up admitting me to the hospital that same day to start heavy dose of intravenous antibiotics
Me:36/DH:36
TOGETHER 20 YEARS, MARRIED 11

TTC for 10 years
Surgery in Feb 2015 to remove large fibroid, polyps, & cysts

1st IVF ER in Sept 2015- 10 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized w/ ICSI, 2 blastosysts initially frozen,one embryo did not survive thaw for PGS testing ( very poor grade)

2nd IVF ER in Nov 2015- 22 eggs, 13 mature, 9 fertilized w/ICSI, 5 blastocysts, 6 total sent out for PGS, 1 missing a chromosome, 2 monosomies & 3 passed test with good grades

1st FET - January 17th 2016, BFN 1-31-16, looks like it may have been a chemical

3/8/16 - SHG all clear
2nd FET - 3/28/16...officially PUPO!
4/5/16 - BFP on HPT
4/7/16 - no longer just PUPO, Beta = 314
4/11/16 - 2nd beta = 3225!!
4/20/16 - 6 weeks, 1st u/s. 4mm, measuring 6w1d, heartbeat = 112bpm!
5/4/16 - 8 weeks, 2nd u/s. 16mm,measuring 8w1d, heartbeat = 175bpm
5/18/16 - 10 weeks, 3rd u/s. 1 1/2 inches, measuring 10w5d (big baby), 180bpm

#20 Megansharkins

Megansharkins
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • My Clinic:Dr DeVane in Orlando, fl

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:10 PM

I've always had regular cycles and shown ovulation. Cycles are normally 26 to 29 days and ovulation on day 11 or 12 however since I've been going more frequently to my acupuncturist (every week) the last cycle was only 19 days long with possible ovulation on day 8 and this cycle is whacky showing possible ovulation on day 17. I'm on day 20 now so we'll see what happens. Also my amh levels were checked in July 2014 and were at .94 which is right below normal and a year later I got them tested and they fell to .23!! I started acupuncture in February last year and have skipped a few weeks here and there except for the past couple months. Wondering if acupuncture is messing with my cycles? We've been trying for over two years now after I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks. We did conceive one child 5 years ago naturally and wanting to try naturally this time too but I'm 36 now so time is ticking! Also want to know if it messes things up if I skip a week here and there and if acupuncture can increase amh levels or egg quality?

#21 dragnfly

dragnfly
  • Global 100+
  • 357 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:55 PM

Wish I could be more helpful, but I am new to acupuncture. We were told it could help increase blood flow & be helpful with IVF so we figured it could not hurt. My cycles are wacky these days as well, but it's due to all the meds I think. There is a feed on here to ask Dr's questions & I believe there is already a topic on acupuncture started

TTC for 10 years

1st IVF ER in Sept 2015- 10 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized w/ ICSI, 2 blastosysts initially frozen,one embryo did not survive thaw for PGS testing ( very poor grade)

2nd IVF ER in Nov 2015- 22 eggs, 13 mature, 9 fertilized w/ICSI, 5 blastocysts, 6 total sent out for PGS, 1 missing a chromosome, 2 monosomies & 3 passed test with good grades

1st FET - January 17th 2016, BFN 1-31-16, looks like it may have been a chemical

3/8/16 - SHG all clear
4/5/16 - BFP on HPT

#22 dragnfly

dragnfly
  • Global 100+
  • 357 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:56 PM

Oh, this is that feed, sorry, all the hormones have me scatter brained

TTC for 10 years

3/8/16 - SHG all clear
4/5/16 - BFP on HPT

#23 Megansharkins

Megansharkins
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • My Clinic:Dr DeVane in Orlando, fl

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:04 PM

lol that's ok. I'm new to this group but saw this feed and def want to find out more. So frustrating trying to get pregnant!

#24 GMA

GMA
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:21 AM

Hi, I seem to have a similar problem to you, Megansharkins. I started acupuncture a week before my usual cd13 ov day this month and then started Chinese herbs on cd18. I had the usual cm changes on cd13 but unusually my opk never showed fully positive and my bbt didn't peak. My cycle is usually very regular at 26 days, but then this month my period started 2 days early on cd24 was painful, lighter than usual and only lasted 24 hours (it's usually 2-3 days). I started the acupuncture and herbs because Ive been ttc for over a year and have regular spotting a week before my period (this happened as usual but a week before cd24 this time) and also because I have been concerned at how my period has gone from 5 days to 3 days at some point before starting ttc. My concern now is that my cycle has got even shorter, my period even lighter, and I seem to be going in the wrong direction. I realise this is only my first month of trying, but I don't know if this is normal or if maybe this treatment doesn't agree with me. Any reassurance/experience would be gratefully received.

#25 WishinNhopin

WishinNhopin
  • Global 100+
  • 774 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Mt. Sinai fertility Clinic

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:00 AM

Morning ladies, I wish I could give you advice but I am very new to acupuncture. Ive.only had 3 sessions (then due to being really sick had to cancel my next 2 this last week)

I wanted to add though at first I was frustrated with acupuncture because of being late...I wanted to start my fet...but now reading more and more about it..it's a good thing I'm so late
(11days) I'm normally 21-23 days and today will be 32 roughly. I do hope you get your answers...because I know how worried I've been with the changes.